Options

Kahless the Fool [House of Pegh]

12346»

Comments

• Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Klingons with all their redundant organs maybe do? :p

I thought only villains had a windbag organ?
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I thought only villains had a windbag organ?
    Are you new to fiction?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Are you new to fiction?

No, old to fiction. Thus my default is the strong silent type of hero- which is sort of fitting for a game design that refuses to give my character a voice.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Aside from having the fool monologue himself to death, didn't the writers also have us not bother to detonate the charges on the two Omega generators?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No, old to fiction. Thus my default is the strong silent type of hero- which is sort of fitting for a game design that refuses to give my character a voice.

I'm a fan of First-Person Smartasses myself.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it's cause he got fat.... in the fek'iri arc he was askinnier guy, better hair. now in this he looks like a fat klingon hobo.
    starswordc wrote: »
    Hell, even my KDF character wouldn't have been cheering. My Lethean was going, "Oy, ya stupid git! Get the f*ck out of the way so I can just shoot him, ya moron!"

if i recall correctly... a phaser or disruptor has no effect on them. hence the line comparing using a disruptor on them to using a stick on a starship.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Aside from having the fool monologue himself to death, didn't the writers also have us not bother to detonate the charges on the two Omega generators?

Yep, we just beamed away as if running was our mission.

The Omega Generators presence is even dumber than rocks if one thinks about it. We're fighting a foe that can instantly "be anywhere" and they build their fuel refinery within the easy reach (indeed the very territory) of their targets?

I have a instant, untraceable, and perfect line of supply. But I'll set up my fuel factory within easy warp travel of my foes.

What kind of a idiot does that?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Perhaps they are hipsters who only want to use locally-sourced artisanal Omega particles.

We should check the Herald staff weapons for vacuum tubes.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tenkari wrote: »
    I think it's cause he got fat.... in the fek'iri arc he was askinnier guy, better hair. now in this he looks like a fat klingon hobo.

if i recall correctly... a phaser or disruptor has no effect on them. hence the line comparing using a disruptor on them to using a stick on a starship.

Fine. What about a TR-116B, scaled up into something more like an M2 Browning. Better yet, give me a gorram rocket launcher.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Fine. What about a TR-116B, scaled up into something more like an M2 Browning. Better yet, give me a gorram rocket launcher.

After hitting the poor girl with the Omega Pixie Dust (or whatever technobabble they used), you could have likely done her rightly with a sling shot or thrown rock.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *YAWN!*

"Who is the greater fool, the one who leads, or the one who follows? But even fools can do glorious deeds!

Kahless is not Don Quixote. He is no fool. He's always felt somewhat useless in the modern empire. The Monks didn't exactly give him a technical education. They were to busy indoctrinating him to BE Khaless. He may command, but he has a gifted first officer that actually runs things for him. There have always been elements with the empire that wanted his inconveniently placed self to hurry up and die. Unfortunatly for them, the Order of the Bat'leth isn't one of them.

He's a man out of his time. and he's a clone, yet he is the blood of Khaless, and the first time the empire has had an emperor in over 100 years. (I forget if the old imperial line died off or was murdered.. Likely murdered.

He went out standing up, hurling his defiance at his enemies, with the taste of his enemies blood on his teeth.

Not to shabby Khaless. Ya done good.

ANd the Klingons.. Now they're really pissed!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gotta admit, some good points were brought up here. Kahless' character was mangled here. They could have at least thrown in the bit about Klingons killing their gods. They could have had Kahless been killed by another Iconian or something from behind. Is it me or is everyone except the Feds getting exceptionally roughed up by the Iconians? Hitting Qonos and new Romulus, Earth remains untouched, Paris is the only one making headway, and when Klingons make an inroad, instead of limiting them to one Omega generator, which would have made us not instantaneously losing the war more believable we just royally TRIBBLE up and leave. It's clear they're setting up Mr.One-Arm Iconian as the face of our enemy from here on out, but they really sacrificed Klingons to do it :/
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I don't think it is about a "physical"/kinetic attack with the Sword of Kahless. It is because it is presented as some sort of epic magical artifact.

So you'd have to use the "Legendary Browning of Glob" or something.

On a serious note, maybe the Sword is special. It was hinted in many an episode that there may be more to Klingon mythology then scientific minds would think.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!