test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What people can do against cyberbullying?

13»

Comments

• Options
    kitsuneichibankitsuneichiban Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's sure telling how many people seem willing to pick sides here when nobody other than the two people involved know which one is the actual harasser. One person has no proof, the other person has easily-faked proof, and neither of them seem to have any witnesses. The only definitive thing that I can say is that OP seems to be the one breaking the 'no names' rule on the forum by bringing up the other person's handle, though now that both parties are posting on the thread it's not like anonymity is still possible.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    <Torsten's braining masturbation>

Stop blahbalhing! And leave me alone. The point is. Leave me alone.
    Why not buying a brain on ebay. It will help you to understand "Leave me alone"!!
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why not buying a brain on ebay. It will help you to understand "Leave me alone"!!

Well, ok, let the GMs decide. You've got the incident-number from my report.
    It's sure telling how many people seem willing to pick sides here when nobody other than the two people involved know which one is the actual harasser. One person has no proof, the other person has easily-faked proof, and neither of them seem to have any witnesses. The only definitive thing that I can say is that OP seems to be the one breaking the 'no names' rule on the forum by bringing up the other person's handle, though now that both parties are posting on the thread it's not like anonymity is still possible.

The point is: Her proof is part of my proof. Those threads on Reddit document every lie she spread, if there is a minor mistake or not, everything she said/wrote will be used against her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dapperdrake, as a bottom line for the Original post: Cyber bullying is bad and several suggestions on how to deal with it have been posted.

However while observing your most recent postings i have to ask: Are you a glutton for punishment? Do you enjoy hanging your Weiner in a pool filled with hungry Piranhas?

Cyber bullying is bad and there's no excuse to do that. Having witnessed how this topic is progressing i wonder if this is a case of bullying or if you simply have been baiting/taunting them all this time?

If you want to be left alone then know when to keep that chasm between your lips closed/shut.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015

There are witnesses... well more like poor suckers that got unwittingly pulled into the middle of this feud. They're all doing the smart thing and not commenting.

This is a feud between 2 people, both are in the wrong, both have crossed lines, both have tried to spread the feud across multiple channels.

Both have been warned to drop the issue.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Sorry the guy and his friends already broke the rule on the forum. I mean they did it at first. So... The guy is telling I publish his handle and I broke the rule. It was on reddit. Reddit is out of the cryptic rules. So the guy is abusing people with this claiming.

The guy is not happy because I told him by mail what people from "oradour sur glane" think about his family. So it was private. He used his relationship to kick me out of some channels. He made this private affair a public affair.

So, I have witness. But he refuses those witness because those witness got injure from Torsten. Torsten is kind of guy who has climax to kick out people from channels. So he can't stand people are not dps hunter.

The guy denies he mocked at me a lot even though I have witness channel.

The guy made fake evidence. For example he clams I was in NoP fleet and he gave screenshot. But I've never been in NoP. He claims someone said I'm crying baby on dps channel. He gave screenshot. Unfortunately I don't chat on dps channel. It's easy to make fake evidence. And what is doing it's giving fake evidence.

So I repeat it. What I said to him by mail. Nobody enforced him to put this on the public place and ask admins kick me out of channel. At first his behaviour is childish. And the point is. I want he leaves me alone but he doesn't want. He's like a dog with bone...
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When do we start betting for how long until this thread is closed for the OP being an idiot (spoiler) OP is always the idiot.
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gibberish.

Here's what you're doing wrong.

Look at what I'm doing. It's a verb. Don't do what this post is doing.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright. I'm not exactly sure why you didn't take my moderator's advice under more heavy consideration, but seeing as this has turned into a personal flame-fest that multiple people are now guilty of, I'm going to make this clearer than ever.

Contact a GM in-game about in-game issues. For forum related issues, please contact a moderator or myself, however at this point I'm considering throwing out infractions to many people due to the perpetual flamefest this has become.

I moderate the forums. GM's moderate in-game. Reddit mods moderate reddit.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Argh.

This thread has turned into Exhibit A as to the evils of cyberbullying. Or, as we like to call it here, trolling and flaming.

Don't like trolling and flaming on the forums?

First, don't do it.

A lot of people think they aren't. Read the rule and think again:
    Flaming and/or Trolling
    You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.

Second, don't feed the trolls. Report the posts.

I'm sorry we don't have a handy, dandy "Report Post" button. I'm sorry the CS tickets are a pain. I can't fix that. But all of us mods can be reached via PM.

I will be happy to moderate any posts in this thread that violate forum rules. Just as soon as somebody officially complains about them. See my signature. Please provide links to the offending posts. Think of it as positive reinforcement.

Ninja'd!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Argh.

This thread has turned into Exhibit A as to the evils of cyberbullying. Or, as we like to call it here, trolling and flaming.

Don't like trolling and flaming on the forums?

First, don't do it.

A lot of people think they aren't. Read the rule and think again:

Second, don't feed the trolls. Report the posts.

I'm sorry we don't have a handy, dandy "Report Post" button. I'm sorry the CS tickets are a pain. I can't fix that. But all of us mods can be reached via PM.

I will be happy to moderate any posts in this thread that violate forum rules. Just as soon as somebody officially complains about them. See my signature. Please provide links to the offending posts. Think of it as positive reinforcement.

In the meantime, thread closed.

Im b4 thread closure :D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah...think you accidentally reopened it, blue, since it was already closed when trendy posted
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Closed. (Darn forum ninjas...)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.