test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Better use for Ship Bridge Interiors

gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
First off, before I get into the main fray of it, all ships NEED full interiors. Not a select few. Going by Trek (since this is a Star Trek MMO, no?) Most of the time was spent on the ship/station itself.

With that being said I propose that the DOFF system be integrated with the ship's interior. For example, instead of pulling up a UI to start a doff mission I would like to be able to go up to the DoFFS (Replace the random NPCS in the interior with your actual DoFFs just like the bridge officers are your BoFFs) and be able to send them "personally" if you will to do missions. In addition, I would also like to be able to heal my captain as well as my officers from my sickbay(is that not what it's there for?) and I would also like to be able to repair ship injuries from engineering (just like in Star Trek because, again, this is a Star Trek MMO, no?). Aside from account bank access I feel like my bridge and interior is useless.

What are your thoughts?

FYI, saying that their are better things for them to be working on is irrelevant since your (if you apply) response was not required.
signature.png
Post edited by gameverseman on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic will never be able to satisfy our needs for full ship interiors. The only solution is to modify the Foundry system so that we can create the full ship interiors that we want.

The devs have already integrated the duty officer system with the ship interior. To do any of the Department assignment, you originally had to run to each of the Department Heads on your ship to do the proper assignment. Unless Cryptic has changed it, there are some assignments that are only available by going to the proper Department Head like the assignment to power Ancient Artifacts to get the Powered Alien Artifacts for random consoles. Note: The Department Head is not who you assigned in the Duty Officer window, but generic npcs like Security Officer or Chief Engineer.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Cryptic will never be able to satisfy our needs for full ship interiors. The only solution is to modify the Foundry system so that we can create the full ship interiors that we want.

The devs have already integrated the duty officer system with the ship interior. To do any of the Department assignment, you originally had to run to each of the Department Heads on your ship to do the proper assignment. Unless Cryptic has changed it, there are some assignments that are only available by going to the proper Department Head like the assignment to power Ancient Artifacts to get the Powered Alien Artifacts for random consoles. Note: The Department Head is not who you assigned in the Duty Officer window, but generic npcs like Security Officer or Chief Engineer.

That doesn't make any sense.... and (I'll let Piccard explain) I think there's a fine line between what's needed for Trek and what's "needed" for players. They NEED to meet the standards for Trek at minimum (Which they have not yet satisfied). This would include full interiors and full functionality. The player's "Needs" would consist of custom interior design yadda yadda yadda. Now I believe you are correct when it comes to player "needs" but the Trek standard is still a valid concern for more than obvious reasons.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That doesn't make any sense.... and (I'll let Piccard explain) I think there's a fine line between what's needed for Trek and what's "needed" for players. They NEED to meet the standards for Trek at minimum (Which they have not yet satisfied). This would include full interiors and full functionality. The player's "Needs" would consist of custom interior design yadda yadda yadda. Now I believe you are correct when it comes to player "needs" but the Trek standard is still a valid concern for more than obvious reasons.

Customizable ship interiors satisfy what we need and what Star Trek needs. The work needed to create a full ship interior takes weeks to do. If Cryptic had a dedicated dev team that just worked on full ship interiors, then we could get the ship interiors that we need. The last ship interior was the Intrepid Interior and that was only due to there already a ton of work done on it for Delta Rising missions. Therefore due to Cryptic's small dev team, players need to be given the tools to create ship interiors. Some players will create really crazy ship interiors that would never be found in Star Trek while others will create ship interiors that matches what was shown in the series or close to it.

If you are talking about full functionality, then you have to determine what it means. Do you mean that every single ship has the same set of functions so every ship will have a poker table, astrometrics lab, bar, etc or are they customizable functions similar to Wildstar's housing system so you can have a poker table, dabo table, and bar, but no astrometrics lab.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. Except for the "one floor" interiors, there are department heads (random generic staffers) that allow you to call up the DOffing screen for that department.

2. The staffer in the Medbay might sell / have a mission to build regenerators, the staffer in engineering has repair components. Not 100% "talk to staffer and fixed" but also not 100% "useless".

3. There's talk in another thread about having your BOffs from the department head screen replace these staffers instead of sitting around the bridge proper.

4. Many people have been asking to have more missions take place on the interiors, and the original interiors were built "gigantic" because of the concept of running missions on them.

That has fallen through it seems, however...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Customizable ship interiors satisfy what we need and what Star Trek needs. The work needed to create a full ship interior takes weeks to do. If Cryptic had a dedicated dev team that just worked on full ship interiors, then we could get the ship interiors that we need. The last ship interior was the Intrepid Interior and that was only due to there already a ton of work done on it for Delta Rising missions. Therefore due to Cryptic's small dev team, players need to be given the tools to create ship interiors. Some players will create really crazy ship interiors that would never be found in Star Trek while others will create ship interiors that matches what was shown in the series or close to it.

If you are talking about full functionality, then you have to determine what it means. Do you mean that every single ship has the same set of functions so every ship will have a poker table, astrometrics lab, bar, etc or are they customizable functions similar to Wildstar's housing system so you can have a poker table, dabo table, and bar, but no astrometrics lab.

I already listed the two main ones in my OP. I don't think you understand the fine line between players "needs" and Trek needs. Players want options... I want all the ships to get full interior and for those interiors, with whatever they entail, to function (Trek standards). However you keep bringing up customization options as if they were functions when they are not. But, to answer your question, I would not be opposed to doff missions that provide interior features like poker tables, bars, dabo tables, etc. On another note, if Cryptic can't follow through with all these ships they pump out (i.e. interiors) than maybe they should stop pumping out ships and actually finish the ones that we already have. But that's beside the point.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    1. Except for the "one floor" interiors, there are department heads (random generic staffers) that allow you to call up the DOffing screen for that department.

2. The staffer in the Medbay might sell / have a mission to build regenerators, the staffer in engineering has repair components. Not 100% "talk to staffer and fixed" but also not 100% "useless".

3. There's talk in another thread about having your BOffs from the department head screen replace these staffers instead of sitting around the bridge proper.

4. Many people have been asking to have more missions take place on the interiors, and the original interiors were built "gigantic" because of the concept of running missions on them.

That has fallen through it seems, however...

Why would I need to go to med bay to get components to "manually" heal my captain and officers instead of just healing my captain and officers OR why can't the same hold true for the chief engineer in engineering?
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How would poker tables and other interior additions be related to the duty officer system? It would be a C-Store purchase or some other method that is completely unrelated to the duty officer system. We have more than enough duty officer function in the ship interiors and due to player feedback, we have the current system where there is no need to visit the ship interiors. Therefore, minigames like Poker tables are needed to give players a reason to visit the interior more than a couple of times.

How do you propose that every ship gets full interiors? The devs are obviously incapable of doing it. The devs seem to be capable of about 1 full ship interior per year which is obviously not enough. STO 3.0 will likely be out by the time all the current ships a proper ship interior at the rate they are going. As I said before, it is up to the devs to give us the tools to do the work for them and in a year's time we will have numerous versions of each type of ship with some being far closer to the original interior than others.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The ship interior argument has been beaten to a bloody pulpy death, resurrected, then beaten again. The revenue just isnt there for them to revamp this. Its probably why we cant get the voyager interior on its lonesome. The poker idea, expanded interiors, all been argued and discussed over and over. They tried adding little things like doff contacts for specific misions (childrens toys, hamlet) and other bits (the log review / fixer assignments) but ultimately nobody uses them.. So we are back to chicken and egg. If they risk dev time on some kind of an interior update, it needs to be for a REALLLLLY good reason, and have sone kind of financial return as well.. The only thing i can think of (and ill prolly be crucified for suggesting it).is the trexels route. Sell rooms piecemeal and build them individually based on a predefined number of available slots, and maybe have these give your ship some kind of boosts (e.g. Torpedo room gives +10% torp dmg or something). But at that rate if you wanna do that... Just play trexels.

As much as i would like to see interiors revamped, im sure its last on a list of probably 200 other things.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The ship interior argument has been beaten to a bloody pulpy death, resurrected, then beaten again. The revenue just isnt there for them to revamp this. Its probably why we cant get the voyager interior on its lonesome. The poker idea, expanded interiors, all been argued and discussed over and over. They tried adding little things like doff contacts for specific misions (childrens toys, hamlet) and other bits (the log review / fixer assignments) but ultimately nobody uses them.. So we are back to chicken and egg. If they risk dev time on some kind of an interior update, it needs to be for a REALLLLLY good reason, and have sone kind of financial return as well.. The only thing i can think of (and ill prolly be crucified for suggesting it).is the trexels route. Sell rooms piecemeal and build them individually based on a predefined number of available slots, and maybe have these give your ship some kind of boosts (e.g. Torpedo room gives +10% torp dmg or something). But at that rate if you wanna do that... Just play trexels.

As much as i would like to see interiors revamped, im sure its last on a list of probably 200 other things.

It's a Trek Standard and this IS a Star Trek MMO. Need I say more?
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How would poker tables and other interior additions be related to the duty officer system? It would be a C-Store purchase or some other method that is completely unrelated to the duty officer system. We have more than enough duty officer function in the ship interiors and due to player feedback, we have the current system where there is no need to visit the ship interiors. Therefore, minigames like Poker tables are needed to give players a reason to visit the interior more than a couple of times.

How do you propose that every ship gets full interiors? The devs are obviously incapable of doing it. The devs seem to be capable of about 1 full ship interior per year which is obviously not enough. STO 3.0 will likely be out by the time all the current ships a proper ship interior at the rate they are going. As I said before, it is up to the devs to give us the tools to do the work for them and in a year's time we will have numerous versions of each type of ship with some being far closer to the original interior than others.

For one thing regardless of how incapable the devs are they still need to do it. It's not our job to do it for them(i.e. Foundry). Second, how will these customization options come to fruition? It would stand to reason that these special rooms or amenities would need to be constructed, yes? So why wouldn't DoFFs (which are essentially your crew) be able to build them? And Minigames like poker should NOT be the reason(s) for going to your bridge. However, Minigames that help improve your ship would be an acceptable reason for going to your bridge/interior so long as the devs are able to parallel it with something in Trek which is easy enough to do( like running a level 3 diagnostic successfully on the warp core gives you bonus power or EPS rate for X amount of time) Hell, they could even make that a DoFF mission in itself but that would sort of defeat my argument..... But I think it's a cool idea nonetheless.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It's a Trek Standard and this IS a Star Trek MMO. Need I say more?

And where is the exploration and the away missions where things are solved by diplomacy rather than phasers? STO has a coating of Star Trek, but beneath the coating is just the last seasons of DS9 not TOS, TNG, Voyager, or Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And where is the exploration and the away missions where things are solved by diplomacy rather than phasers? STO has a coating of Star Trek, but beneath the coating is just the last seasons of DS9 not TOS, TNG, Voyager, or Enterprise.

I agree but that's a much broader issue.
    signature.png
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While I can agree that ship interiors is a worthy section of the game to be expanded, I don't think it's an immediate concern or even that high on the priority list.

What OP has been describing sounds more like making the ship interior an adventure zone in of itself (with the mini-games and interactions). Doing that for all of the ship types and classes, in my opinion, is a feat that can only be accomplished by hiring multiple studios to tackle.

Previous attempts to give the ship interiors meaning (such as unique DoFF missions only accessible by going up to the NPCs themselves in your ship interior) have largely been unsuccessful. Arguments were made for excessive map changing and for the fact that, as a captain, you can simply call up the NPC from your bridge chair to give them orders instead of finding them.

While true that much of Star Trek takes place inside the ship, it is normally the Bridge, mess hall, sickbay, transporter room, and engineering that get seen.

That actually brings up a question: OP, what to you is considered a "full interior"?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    While I can agree that ship interiors is a worthy section of the game to be expanded, I don't think it's an immediate concern or even that high on the priority list.

What OP has been describing sounds more like making the ship interior an adventure zone in of itself (with the mini-games and interactions). Doing that for all of the ship types and classes, in my opinion, is a feat that can only be accomplished by hiring multiple studios to tackle.

Previous attempts to give the ship interiors meaning (such as unique DoFF missions only accessible by going up to the NPCs themselves in your ship interior) have largely been unsuccessful. Arguments were made for excessive map changing and for the fact that, as a captain, you can simply call up the NPC from your bridge chair to give them orders instead of finding them.

While true that much of Star Trek takes place inside the ship, it is normally the Bridge, mess hall, sickbay, transporter room, and engineering that get seen.

That actually brings up a question: OP, what to you is considered a "full interior"?

I will answer with an example.... my Vaadwaur Manasa has only a bridge. No transporter room, no mess hall, no sickbay, and no engineering. What I thought I had gotten across is that all current ( and future) ships should have full interiors. The galaxy bridges for example are my idea of full interiors( they just lack functionality).
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I will answer with an example.... my Vaadwaur Manasa has only a bridge. No transporter room, no mess hall, no sickbay, and no engineering. What I thought I had gotten across is that all current ( and future) ships should have full interiors. The galaxy bridges for example are my idea of full interiors( they just lack functionality).

Ah, so basically you want for all ships the interior room sets that is normally found in Federation/Klingon ships from the early days of STO (bridge, captain's quarters, sickbay, transporter room, and engineering). There's not much I can say for that in terms of your Vaadwaur, other than for deadlines were the most basic room built (the bridge). Only the interiors that was needed for the Featured Episodes were built (which is why the Intrepid got a themed interior instead of the standard Federation palette) and then shared with the players.

That being said, I suspect Cryptic has their own plans for ship interiors that they want to implement but are not ready to do so yet. Or, that they don't want to put work in an old system style that they might be replacing anyway.

The best that you and I can do is wait and provide feedback when asked. When a new ship interior system drops (if it does), then we can revel in it. Or criticize it, whichever strikes your fancy.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ah, so basically you want for all ships the interior room sets that is normally found in Federation/Klingon ships from the early days of STO (bridge, captain's quarters, sickbay, transporter room, and engineering). There's not much I can say for that in terms of your Vaadwaur, other than for deadlines were the most basic room built (the bridge). Only the interiors that was needed for the Featured Episodes were built (which is why the Intrepid got a themed interior instead of the standard Federation palette) and then shared with the players.

That being said, I suspect Cryptic has their own plans for ship interiors that they want to implement but are not ready to do so yet. Or, that they don't want to put work in an old system style that they might be replacing anyway.

The best that you and I can do is wait and provide feedback when asked. When a new ship interior system drops (if it does), then we can revel in it. Or criticize it, whichever strikes your fancy.

Or... it might never get done if it isn't maintained as a pressing issue. Like look at how long Rommies had to wait for a full interior for faction ships.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Or... it might never get done if it isn't maintained as a pressing issue. Like look at how long Rommies had to wait for a full interior for faction ships.

I won't quite call it a "pressing issue" but I can agree that we should still say we are interested. Sector space was an voiced issue for a long time and we recently had that addressed. Same goes for the "Galaxy-class" ship and the T6 Iconic bundle (opinions may vary).

As for the Romulans, they still got their interiors didn't they? No need to panic; just patience. For what it's worth, I believe we can be more helpful for ship interiors if we have more threads that were more like "it'll be cool if ship interiors can do this or integrate with these other parts of the game" rather than "the state of interiors is a crime against the franchise".

In the end, I advise patience. Ship interiors are not getting in the way of the game's functions nor will it be a system that will simply be discarded.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First off, before I get into the main fray of it, all ships NEED full interiors. Not a select few. Going by Trek (since this is a Star Trek MMO, no?) Most of the time was spent on the ship/station itself.

Sorry, have to disagree. There is a huge difference between "need" and "I want". There are a lot of things I *want* added/changed in this game, but that does not mean any of them *need* to happen.
    With that being said I propose that the DOFF system be integrated with the ship's interior. For example, instead of pulling up a UI to start a doff mission I would like to be able to go up to the DoFFS (Replace the random NPCS in the interior with your actual DoFFs just like the bridge officers are your BoFFs) and be able to send them "personally" if you will to do missions. In addition, I would also like to be able to heal my captain as well as my officers from my sickbay(is that not what it's there for?) and I would also like to be able to repair ship injuries from engineering (just like in Star Trek because, again, this is a Star Trek MMO, no?). Aside from account bank access I feel like my bridge and interior is useless.

What are your thoughts?

OK, so if we could change the past, I would say that the DOFF system should have been ship interior *only*. Why? Because it would have given people a legitimately rewarding reason to visit their ship interior that they couldn't get without doing so. But at this point, it's too late. People are used to Doffing in sector space, and it's much more convenient than having to load into your ship interior.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OK, we need to ask a few questions first.

First, what do we want interiors for? Most people want them just to have them it seems, or to replicate the tone and setting of the series which is 90% ship interiors Part of this was for budgetary reasons, as it's a lot cheaper to build a set or four for in-ship locations and film scenes there with real actors than to film and animate ships in space doing stuff. So much of the "action" on so many Trek series really never happens in a concrete way, we get the actors describing things almost like a radio play while we get occasional shots of stuff on the viewscreen. Occasionallythis is interspersed with brief exterior establishing shots and then it's right back to the bridge and viewscreen with actors describing the action to us rather than us seeing it.

Obviously some great stories were told that way, but in a video game players expect to be able to take more direct action. We regularly experience things in this game that were beyond the budget of 90% of all Star Trek episodes, and we've kinda been spoiled to it. We're jaded to big action setpieces, and many of us crave some smaller stories and deeper immersion to make those big stories more meaningful.

For me, one thing above all will make interiors viable. We NEED travel in sector space while inside the ship. We need to be able to set a destination from our Captain's chair or a console and be told "acknowledged" by our help officer and then the ship "goes". We don't need to see the ship move, there's no need to animate the ship moving. Just put a warping starfield efect on the viewscreen and then have the program calculate travel time and notify us when we've arrived. In that time, we can roam the interior, do stuff like check in on our department heads and such (minor duty officer assignments can be given here, perhaps ones that grant a minor buff for having checked on your people and kept them motivated and such). Maybe such assignments can give minor fetch quests if the player wants to do things themselves instead of delegate.

The main Duty Officer interface should be from the ready room at the Captain's desk there, and in fact functionality should be added to allow the Captain to receive random missions and a list of available DO tasks in the Quadrant there. The Captain should be able to direct the ship to travel there from that interface, instead of having to travel manually. If you're in the Secor Space view, you have to pull up the console "from your chair" in each sector but from your Ready Room desk you can see many more assignments and assign the ship to travel to the starting points to begin them. That gain in efficiency should be an enticement to go inside.

Random missions should also be a thing. A lot of little things can pop up for you to deal with, some very minor and others full on foundry missions. You should be able to be contacted by Command with random missions you can pass on or accept while you're traveling, simple things like patrols and encounters all the way to foundry style missions.

These two things alone would bring vastly more functionality to interiors and much more of a feel like the Star Trek series had.

WHat we do NOT need is unique interiors for every ship. Some unique types might need some skin work done, but for the most part Starfleet, Kilingon, and Romulan vessels should have standardized interiors with certain set locations. Maybe there can be a few to choose from in some cases, but nothing more extensive than that. What would be great for personal customization is the Bridge itself in terms of layout changes and the Captain's quarters. You could very easily make Quarters the equivalent of player housing to great applause. The rest needs to be a lot more standardized with just some modular swappable items / rooms etc. Every ship does NOT need a unique interior. Asking for them to be different from each other makes the workload so high it will never, ever happen. Restrain your expectations.

I hope this appeals to some people, and clarifies what a good set of interior options might look like. Thanks for reading.

I appreciate your idea on this and I agree that the option of this could/should be implemented. However, I'm a little baffled when you say "Restrain your restrictions" in regards to all ships having unique interiors and how that would be an unreasonable work load. Although I understand where you are coming from I still feel like having just a cramped bridge on my over-hyped and expensive ship (i.e. Lockbox and some C-store ships) is a bit half-assed. In my opinion, if you are going to do major marketing on any ship (or any item for that matter) it should be complete. Having just a cramped bridge is not my idea of complete when you compare it to other ships. Which is ironic since some of the hype comes from comparing the marketed ship to pre-existing ships. But I digress, I think your idea has potential but I still think it would be cool if the interactivity within the ship interior could have a passive effect in either(or both) space and ground combat. Like my idea of running a diagnostic on the warp core and, if successful, You will receive a bonus to power or EPS for X amount of time or have a minigame where you can run a combat simulation on the holodeck and, if successful, will receive either a bonus damage or bonus accuracy in ground combat for X amount of time.
    signature.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With that being said I propose that the DOFF system be integrated with the ship's interior. For example, instead of pulling up a UI to start a doff mission I would like to be able to go up to the DoFFS (Replace the random NPCS in the interior with your actual DoFFs just like the bridge officers are your BoFFs) and be able to send them "personally" if you will to do missions.

I remember having a cow when they were thinking about doing that. I'm the captain of the ship...people report to me...I do not track them down. I don't have to communicate with them personally for every menial task that they are assigned. I assign the task. They do it. I can later check the progress of how the assignment went. It never made sense to me.

Forcing me to go somewhere I do not want to go is only going to lead to resentment and eventual abandonment of the game...

As for having the full interiors for all ships...
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I will once again reiterate that there is a difference between BRIDGES and INTERIORS.

INTERIORS do not sell (as they are today), and due to the extraordinary amount of time required to build them (3+ months of multiple people's time for the new Intrepid Interior), are not cost effective to develop unless they can be rolled in with some content update that they are necessary for (hence Intrepid Interior with Delta Rising).

BRIDGES still take time, but significantly less of it, and have been released regularly with (most) ships for the past few years.

There is circular logic, and I don't deny it, but everyone focuses on that, and not on the fact that we just have other stuff we're putting that time into at the moment (i.e. content).

As for the OP, almost none of that stuff would involve me. And the stuff that would, would require a bunch of other people as well.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing to use interiors for is a breather mission where you examine a deceased herald in your ships sickbay and their technology in the science lab
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    One thing to use interiors for is a breather mission where you examine a deceased herald in your ships sickbay and their technology in the science lab

Would likely be something they'd do on Voyager or the like with us heading over there, eh? They've been trying to give us that tour. ;)
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is difficult to do because of the various ship models we have. There is no way a full schematic can be brought to bear for every single ship.

What could be done is something like one default model for each ship type and faction. So, for example, a full Escort layout could be chosen for your Federation Defiant class Escort. But that same Escort layout would be the one used on every single Federation Escort in the game. And so on and so forth for every type and faction throughout the game.

I would say though, that even that suggestion I described in the above paragraph would be one hell of an epic task for the Cryptic "Ship's Guts Devs" to accomplish over any given period of time.

There is a reason we only have what we have now. Plus, you have to consider that ship interiors is not the place much of the "main action" occurs. We get some ship interior battles and interactions, but I'd say that portion of the game is a lot smaller than any other portion we might discuss.

I have to put a disclaimer on this post and probably should just put this in my sig: I could be not only wrong about anything I say, but I could be completely out of the park and on into Bat Country. So be kind, and just hand me a fly swatter if I get squirrelly eyed and start lurching at invisible attackers. The drugs will wear off eventually. Or did I forget to take my medicine?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I understand the devs don't see potential in those & don't have time nor resources to do a shiop interior for every ship in the game. Honestly, I'd just be happy, if they somehow allowed us to build our own, giving us the assets they have. Ie. the building blocks/walls, assets of the Interpid interior alone... as far as I'm concerned, I could spend hours playing around with that and have a lot of fun with it.

The Foundry is currently limited, and replicating some pieces, like proper ship-bridge or even Engineering is close to impossible, as we don't have assets for that. But yes, something like this, letting us build our own, and possibly even link it, with our characters, whenever we'd click 'Visit ship interior', it'd kick us to what we built. I'm obviously not sure how hard this would be, but... it'd be quite a nice feature, imho...
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We don't need more interiors or bridges.

What we need is interiors that can be part of a story or mission, where we go to places aboard the ship to advance the story, and if neccessary, can even have fights.

If that means deleting all interiors (and I bought many bridges!) and replacing them with a new standard interior that can be used for that, I'd be delighted. Sure ,if they can keep the ones we have, that's neat. But we need missions using our interiors more than another interior.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We don't need more interiors or bridges.

What we need is interiors that can be part of a story or mission, where we go to places aboard the ship to advance the story, and if neccessary, can even have fights.

If that means deleting all interiors (and I bought many bridges!) and replacing them with a new standard interior that can be used for that, I'd be delighted. Sure ,if they can keep the ones we have, that's neat. But we need missions using our interiors more than another interior.

But don't they do that? They take us to the interior of a ship and the story continues? Our ships? No...but we do go inside ships, yeah? One of these days we'll get that actual tour of Voyager. ;)
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really like that forge-crafting interiors by players idea....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
This discussion has been closed.