What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pwlaughingtrendy lied

Comments

• Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dear OP just to add before this thread gets locked dont feel vilified by all the negative comments on this thread. Maybe a little diplomacy with trendy would have gone a longer way me thinks ...she is relatively popular with peeps. Atleast she talks about stuff unlike the other ones.

If you were one of those dudes who did spend the extra time getting those pearls or whatever and now find that the currency has changed .. by all means express your dissatisfaction. I would if i had been so bold as to grind extra for the next year..... just saying.

Salami inferno fella has given a relatively decent explanation as to currency change ... its pretty simple..jist being they dont want hoarders they want people who fill up game metrics relating to number of peeps online doing stuff they want. Its f2p game but dude you cant break the system by farming too much for your own benefit.

I feel as a f2p player i need subscriber dudes like you to take the time to get on the forums and make some noise .. and i thank you for that. gaming Companies need a little shaking up from time to time.
    LLAP bro.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    captainblueshoescaptainblueshoes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    phresko wrote: »
    If he is not going do his job he should lose it.

Whoa! ...an actual accurate use of the personal pronoun when referring to tranny...er....trendy....

team doesnt care anymore....numbers continue to drop ....because the game doesnt work anymore....

right now its a release all money making content as fast as possible to cash in before the final crash.....
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    WTF are you babbling about B?:rolleyes:

OP
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was mostly on topic. You should be ashamed of yourself for shutting down proper discussion over a few bad posts and not wanting to do your job.

i would attempt to point out to you where you went wrong, but then i would be in the wrong. you are going to have to look in a mirror to find your answer otherwise there is nothing else to state and doing so further wont make any difference.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is what happens when children are up well past their bed time and have unsupervised access to the internet. Somebody should talk to his parents... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like somebody needs some BranFlakes...

Are you saying a diet of tacofangs is not healthy?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread needs to be bumped as often as possible. This way it will be the first thing Trendy sees when she gets in Monday. I am only sorry that by then, I'll already be at work and will miss out on the fireworks. Watching the ban hammer drive someone through the core to the other side of the planet can be quite amusing.

Hmmm, I think I just figured out the inspiration for that really big stick the Heralds carry around on the ground.

Perhaps the OP should consider giving his next account a different name. I suggest "AI NPC" because they are identical. Locked into a pattern where their destruction by anyone with half a brain is assured.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread needs to be bumped as often as possible. This way it will be the first thing Trendy sees when she gets in Monday. I am only sorry that by then, I'll already be at work and will miss out on the fireworks. Watching the ban hammer drive someone through the core to the other side of the planet can be quite amusing.

Hmmm, I think I just figured out the inspiration for that really big stick the Heralds carry around on the ground.

Perhaps the OP should consider giving his next account a different name. I suggest "AI NPC" because they are identical. Locked into a pattern where their destruction by anyone with half a brain is assured.

Ooooooh, that was harsh.
    I like you :D
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Confused about the problem. What exactly happened that caused this accusation in the first place?
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So I found the thread in question, yeah this is a bad move in a long series of bad moves.

Here's my take on it. If you're going to make changes to the game like this make sure you have your ducks in a row, AKA make sure you've cured at least 75% of the bugs from beta that are STILL in the title before making people angry like this. It's just bad PR.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its a poor decision to do what they have done with the event changes, and even poorer decision that it took a lot of flaming posts before the head of STO came out and explained the reason why which was an even poorer excuse (Our metrics were showing a decline in particaption for the events as people were playing in advance to save themselves time and grind for the next one.) THIS IS NOT AN EXPLOIT its no different than someone going to do a food shop and buying a weeks worth of food instead of 1 days worth. It saves that person having to go back to the store everyday, they simple supplied themselves in advance to save themselves time. No different with the pearls. for every pearl earned in advance, time had to be spent playing the event so what if someone earn't their ship in 30 days but continued to play the event until the end and earn't extra pearls THEY STILL PLAYED TO EARN THEM lets not forget this. Its the most important bit defenders of this change are missing and the bit Cryptic seem to be missing as well

The message seems very much to be that our time and participation is not valued as a whole it is only valued when Cryptic have to go to the share holders and show them the game is doing well by presenting them with numbers of players who played what they wanted us to play.

Trendy never lied she closed the thread as it was escalating out of control and that was her job to moderate threads.

Personally i'm choosing not to particapte in this years event (I didn't have any pearls backlogged) and any other events out of choice. I'm also choosing not to spend any money on this game in the future. And will put my time and effort into places in the game which i do find rewarding
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its a poor decision to do what they have done with the event changes, and even poorer decision that it took a lot of flaming posts before the head of STO came out and explained the reason why which was an even poorer excuse (Our metrics were showing a decline in particaption for the events as people were playing in advance to save themselves time and grind for the next one.) THIS IS NOT AN EXPLOIT its no different than someone going to do a food shop and buying a weeks worth of food instead of 1 days worth. It saves that person having to go back to the store everyday, they simple supplied themselves in advance to save themselves time. No different with the pearls. for every pearl earned in advance, time had to be spent playing the event so what if someone earn't their ship in 30 days but continued to play the event until the end and earn't extra pearls THEY STILL PLAYED TO EARN THEM lets not forget this. Its the most important bit defenders of this change are missing and the bit Cryptic seem to be missing as well

Except for the small minor flaw in your example, food has an expiry date, in this case you could keep the pearls indefinitely which isn't the intended use, as such they will now expire like you would normally expect, be happy they let you get away with things like that until now, they should have made the currencies expire to begin with, they are only rectifying that issue, hell i even had some year old crystal shards at the start of the last CC event, would i have been mad if they had made those shards worthless? not really, its an MMO, if you're not playing then there is a problem, their reasoning behind the change was both logical and unsurprising having played numerous MMO's

Sadly the vocal minority here with entitlement issues don't speak for the rest of us Trendy, however i have separate issues with PWE's business practices when it comes to ships but thats not what we're talking about here

Let the banhammer fall!!
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    Except for the small minor flaw in your example, food has an expiry date, in this case you could keep the pearls indefinitely which isn't the intended use, as such they will now expire like you would normally expect, be happy they let you get away with things like that until now, they should have made the currencies expire to begin with, they are only rectifying that issue, hell i even had some year old crystal shards at the start of the last CC event, would i have been mad if they had made those shards worthless? not really, its an MMO, if you're not playing then there is a problem, their reasoning behind the change was both logical and unsurprising having played numerous MMO's

Sadly the vocal minority here with entitlement issues don't speak for the rest of us Trendy, however i have separate issues with PWE's business practices when it comes to ships but thats not what we're talking about here

Let the banhammer fall!!

The expiry date of food aside the example simply was people still played under the system that was introduced and earn't those pearls. Removing them as i mentioned completely undervalues the time and effort put into earning them. It is not wrong to play ahead to save yourself some time in the future. We are do it with reputation marks and dilithium (time permitting)

But its the 2nd time Cryptic have done something ****ty like this remember the 1st dilithum weekend of this year when they removed marks and nodes from the event but didn't tell anyone until the event was underway and only due to player anger they extended the event for a week.
    Make the changes but maybe it would have been better to start from the next event thus making people who have a hoard of pearls spend them now before they expire

The other scenario is those that skipped actually playing and used the lobi method to get pearls. Forget doing it via master keys on the exchange, if it was done via Money/Zen/Masterkeys/Lockboxes. Those guys have just thrown money down the toilet as their purchase has just been made obsolete. They may not want to spend pearls on Spec points, Upgrade tokens they want to use what they paid for to get the ships. Which was the intention

Just to let you know where i stand, Its not about entitlement but allowing those people that played and earn't pearls the rightful opportunity to use what they earn't for this years event. Once it comes and passes then make whatever changes you wish to the event. That would have been the fairest way around doing this.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The expiry date of food aside the example simply was people still played under the system that was introduced and earn't those pearls. Removing them as i mentioned completely undervalues the time and effort put into earning them. It is not wrong to play ahead to save yourself some time in the future. We are do it with reputation marks and dilithium (time permitting)
    The developers don't attach any moral or ethical values to people "grinding ahead".

But the purpose of the recurring events is that people log in to participate in that event, every time they come up. If the mechanics actually support a different behaviour, the mechanics have to change.

And the pearls people grinded ahead aren't wasted or devalued - i think for some the actually gained a ton of value, because the are giving people 1 spec points - worth days of grinding normally - for the price of 20 minutes of flying through the air.

If they keep this store open for the next weekend currency to come, I'd say they just ensured that a lot of people grind the event every day, even if they already got all the ships they want. (Of course, they didn't say they would do that.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The developers don't attach any moral or ethical values to people "grinding ahead".

But the purpose of the recurring events is that people log in to participate in that event, every time they come up. If the mechanics actually support a different behaviour, the mechanics have to change.

And the pearls people grinded ahead aren't wasted or devalued - i think for some the actually gained a ton of value, because the are giving people 1 spec points - worth days of grinding normally - for the price of 20 minutes of flying through the air.

If they keep this store open for the next weekend currency to come, I'd say they just ensured that a lot of people grind the event every day, even if they already got all the ships they want. (Of course, they didn't say they would do that.)
    Yeah, this is my take on it. What's to complain about? :P It's not like the pearls will go poof next time you log in... you can get something that you probably want out of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, this is vastly amusing.

I'm hardly one to cheer Cryptic on, but considering the content of the thread was mostly derp and crying after a certain point, I remain amazed that the moderation staff didn't simply banhammer people.

I suspect they will not be so ... ah, lenient after seeing this disgrace of a thread.

To the OP: YOU are a liar. Trendy summarized the events concisely and shut down a bunch of emo whining crybabies who still can't figure out that Cryptic has already committed money and resources to this change and isn't going to stop it.

Now, either go find a nearby bridge and get over it or stop posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just don't think that they liked the general response to the announcement. So they wanted to shut the thread down in order to try and shut people up. Problem is that the players actually play the game and have earned all those pearls, only for them to get taken away.

no pearls get removed. you just wont be able to collect them multiple times on many chars to always get the sumemr event thing first day.

ints not intentional and its clear that it wasnt.

like the presaving of all marks and t5rewards on a marks or bonus dili weekend.

get over it: whenever loopholes are found, sooner or later they WILL BE CLOSED. beh appy about having been able to use them once or twice.

just because there was a loophole you have no future claim for it. thiose things get changed because THEY ARE LOOPHOLES and NON INTENTIONAL.

get over it.

you have been given the ability to spend old pearls usefully, now SHUT UP.

loopholes get closed. like tax loopholes get fixed and law loopholes get fixed ... thats life.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In before the lock to say I disagree with the closing of the prior thread, and this one.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I go to sleep and when I come back another ugly Incoherent childish narcissistic rant turns it's ugly head, OP please for the sake of Humanity don't reproduce.
    Simply because she did something you don't agree with doesn't mean she isn't doing her job and twisting the truth to your benefit won't help either because she's the one with the ban hammer in her hands and you're the pathetic childish individual that she is responsible to control, I don't know what she did but if this is any consideration to what happened on that thread I'm not surprised she did close it. When Trendy arrives she's going to hit you so hard that even the atomic nuclei in your tiny body are going to be crushed well you know what?..

Whoa! ...an actual accurate use of the personal pronoun when referring to tranny...er....trendy....

team doesnt care anymore....numbers continue to drop ....because the game doesnt work anymore....

right now its a release all money making content as fast as possible to cash in before the final crash.....

And another individual with the mental state of a five year old, with accusations and no proof.
    And resorting to prejudice insults doesn't make you seem cool this isn't the High School playground, this is the Star Trek online forums and you're making an TRIBBLE of yourself, and repeating what I said to the OP, please... don't reproduce, The day when no more of you people are around the better off our race will be.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    /10 characters
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wow. Lots of flames against the OP. I thought Star Trek fans were all about diversity?
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Wow. Lots of flames against the OP. I thought Star Trek fans were all about diversity?

Says the person who just said that Perfect world is attempting to silence people purely on the basis that they are Chinese.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    10 characters.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Internet drama, best drama.
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The forums have really gone from bad to worse lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ... people died!

Yes my Brain cells when I read the OPs post.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    doesn't change the fact that he/she lied and is lacking in basic moral fiber.

While you are a paragon of virtue whom all of us should be emulating.

Yeah...no.

I don't know if you've ever run across this idea before, but in case you haven't:

When you're stuck in a hole, digging deeper doesn't get you out.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Doctor always said that a daily dose of moral fibre keeps things moving.

But if you think that this is lying I think that you will find that life is full of disappointments.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
This discussion has been closed.