test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pwlaughingtrendy lied

phreskophresko Member Posts: 56 Arc User
It was mostly on topic. You should be ashamed of yourself for shutting down proper discussion over a few bad posts and not wanting to do your job.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    in b4 thread locked.

(I've always wanted to do one of those)
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good luck. As this is late night USA time (I think?) Trendy is probably away.... I give this 16 hours tops.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    doesn't change the fact that he/she lied and is lacking in basic moral fiber.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In before thread lock... what are you hoping to accomplish btw OP?
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What, exactly, are you upset about, OP?
  • Options
    echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    phresko wrote: »
    lacking in basic moral fiber.

Sounds like somebody needs some BranFlakes...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If he is not going do his job he should lose it.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What thread was locked? Let me guess, the player ran CM group thing one?
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Considering there were a LOT more than a few bad posts in that thread it's not surprising that it was closed.

It is all those bad posts which have actually hurt our (player's) efforts to get Cryptic to change their minds about the summer event.

The Developers are likely not going to listen to any further arguments about the summer event.

I am loath to admit it, but we should probably just accept the compromise that the devs have given us and not press out luck any further, they might just decide to change their minds... :(

Thanks Trendy for putting up with all the unpleasantness for as long as you did. I, for one, regret adding to the mess. (Though I still stand by my beliefs about the summer event ships...)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And that doesn't change the fact that you are immature, butt hurt, and soon to be modsmacked. Only time will tell if you can learn from your mistakes or if you will forge ahead to a banning.

In either case it will be entertaining to watch. :rolleyes:

Fully expecting it, but the truth must me told. You are obviously younger and less mature as you don't care about truth.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ah found it.

Question, which would you rather see? Her closing threads or going bing bong bannru on bad apples every bad apple that ruins or start one?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There was a semi bad post and then a bunch of discussion on if it was actually bad and then it moved back on topic.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There was a semi bad post and then a bunch of discussion on if it was actually bad and then it moved back on topic.

You think it was one bad post that did it? That thing was enormous and while I think a lot of fair criticism was leveled at Cryptic in it, but there was also a lot of rabid hatred in it too.

Also, did Trendy lie or did she just decide the rabid had had plenty of opportunity to froth about the Pearl retirement there? Don't get me wrong, strongly against that retirement without more of a grace period, but going on ad nauseum like that thread accomplished nothing once we got our initial peace offering from whoever makes those kinds of decisions at Cryptic. (Salami, Geko, some PWE guy we've never heard of whom they report to?)
  • Options
    themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm curious to know what this is all about OP before this TRIBBLE get locked down :P
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• Options
    edited May 2015
    themic609 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what this is all about OP before this TRIBBLE get locked down :P

It was the thread about pearls getting replaced. It is on the top of the forums main page right now
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    in b4 thread locked.

(I've always wanted to do one of those)

Actually, it will probably will not be locked until Monday.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if anything, I'd say it was locked down because it became a headache for cryptic and perfect world, and trendy and her bosses never expected it to continue when they tried to lull us with a slight appeasement to the people who complained, in all honesty i think it was all part of their plan, shaft us but have a back-up plan in case most don't like what they see, then see how many back pedal and say thank you oh so much for reaching a compromise when it was most likely all part of their original plan.. all in all they still lost more respect from a majority of us than they ever bargained for and most likely will never regain it..
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Y'all don't be gettin it. Just cuz 1 mod don't get your style don't mean they don't wanna help. Y'all privileged bunches don't gots the INTEGRITY to let things go, right? Just games, y'all.
  • Options
    peyotefootstoolpeyotefootstool Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Y'all don't be gettin it. Just cuz 1 mod don't get your style don't mean they don't wanna help. Y'all privileged bunches don't gots the INTEGRITY to let things go, right? Just games, y'all.

I agree, why so mad? is jus game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol OP you dont shoot the messenger in mmos. Community managers dont do the devs job. They are conduits between the players and devs and vice versa. If you ask me trendy has been doing a damn fine job at that.

You also have to expect in this type of mmo that there will always be a "bridge too far" that no one can accomplish total awesomeness or a situation where you are capable of getting everything you want in the game... unless you throw alot of money at it or grind for 5 years with 3 or more toons (that may not be enough as well) . Accept the fact that you cant come out on top and enjoy the experience of 'trying' to better your gear ..gameplay.. calculating damage ratios, deciding builds etc.

Sure you can gripe about content and all the rest... 'lag' included and it will be eventually resolved but immediate solutions are not something to expect. Cryptic has a whole process laid out for changes in game and that does take time.

Finally Certain comments on forums will inevitably get banned or locked because of the huge TOS ...you have to expect that.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just don't think that they liked the general response to the announcement. So they wanted to shut the thread down in order to try and shut people up. Problem is that the players actually play the game and have earned all those pearls, only for them to get taken away.

I say if the players are that upset, don't play the new event. I know I won't, unless they bring back the pearls and the same method as the previous years since it wasn't broke.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was mostly on topic. You should be ashamed of yourself for shutting down proper discussion over a few bad posts and not wanting to do your job.

What was that expression again? "A few bad apples spoil the bushel"? This thread accomplishes nothing to rid the bushel of the bad apples. So either you're feeding the trolls, or you're nailing yourself to a post.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like somebody needs some BranFlakes...

Sad now :(
  • Options
    maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just spent a bunch of leftover pearls on tech upgrades and wondering if that option will still be there during the event with the new currency they replace the pearls with , not much interested in event ships , my bank has still got loads of event ships in it , doubt ill ever open them while I have pilot ships an intel ships to play with , but I wouldn't mind being able to get more tech upgrades .
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OP, in a game that is played by us and owned by them, we have the right to play it, they have the right to run it.

OP, in a game that is played by us and owned by them, we have the right to express our opinion in a constructive manner, they have the right to listen, respond and/or do something/nothing.

OP, in a game that is played by us and owned by them, based on the above 2, we took our right to express our opinion (some of us constructively, some not so) they chose to listen, respond and do something.

OP, it was called a compromise.. it was actually a very good compromise.. they need not have done that, but they did.. now people have the right to accept it and play the game or not accept it and, well im sure you can see were this is going.

OP, the mature players amongst us understand these things, and while some may still be unhappy, they understand that this compromise is better than many of the other options. they are meeting us players more than half way!

So then OP, accept this and move on or just move on..
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OP, in case you are banned soon for discussing moderation and calling out a community rep in a most discourteous fashion:

Can I haz ur stuffs?
This discussion has been closed.