test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Store Gifting?

grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to purchase an item from the Z-store for friends as gifts, i have a few friend who dont have cards to pay for stuff or not even money to indulge in such expensive items and id like to gift them some stuff out of my own pocket so it would be nice to be able to do something like that
Post edited by grtiggy on

Comments

• orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    This would be great, I have a couple of friends that I'd like to give C-store items to as well, but the items I want to give as gifts are impossible to do so. :(

I am aware that I could buy a Zen card and give that to my friends, but having the option to buy stuff in-game and give it to a friend would be significantly more convienient, not to mention a lot easier to give someone a specific item.

If I give them a Zen card it's like giving a Gift Card, an actual gift would be much better recieved, yes?
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    This would be great, I have a couple of friends that I'd like to give C-store items to as well, but the items I want to give as gifts are impossible to do so. :(

I am aware that I could buy a Zen card and give that to my friends, but having the option to buy stuff in-game and give it to a friend would be significantly more convienient, not to mention a lot easier to give someone a specific item.

If I give them a Zen card it's like giving a Gift Card, an actual gift would be much better recieved, yes?

could not agree with that last part more :) and this feature is in alot of other games an option to buy and right next to it an option to gift and then select someone from your friends list and next time they log in thye get a notification saying that someone has sent a gift to them with the option to accept or deny if the gift is denied then the item is returned to the Z-store and the Zen refunded to the original buyer
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    grtiggy wrote: »
    could not agree with that last part more :) and this feature is in alot of other games an option to buy and right next to it an option to gift and then select someone from your friends list and next time they log in thye get a notification saying that someone has sent a gift to them with the option to accept or deny if the gift is denied then the item is returned to the Z-store and the Zen refunded to the original buyer

That would actually be a great way to implement such a thing, It'd give the recieving person a choice to accept the gift or not, and if not the giver gets his/her zen back to try again! Lol :P
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea of being able to purchase something from the Z Store to gift it to one of my friends. Of all the things I want on the admin side of this game, being able to gift another player would be inside the top ten. Sure, I can buy them a Zen Card and then mail it to them, but it always seems a little more personal when I give them an item or ship instead of money.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I agree that the ability to gift a C-Store item would be a great idea. Even if its just buying a voucher that can be traded to the person you want to gift it to.

How the voucher could work:
    -The voucher would NOT be able to be sold on the Exchange. You KNOW people would jack up the price to insane levels for things like an Andromeda voucher to OVER Lockbox ship prices. I'm talking Holy Bugship markup at the very least.
    -The voucher would be tradeable. Of course you would need some way of giving the gift to the intended person. If by chance the intended person already has the item... the person could trade it to another as a "Pay it forward" thing or can be returned to the purchaser for a refund or exchange for an equivelent priced item.
    -The voucher would cost the same as the standard C-Store item. Makes sense that you'd be buying the thing for someone else. Why discount a voucher on purchase?
    -The voucher would only work for the C-Store item that it corrisponds to. No buying an Exeter voucher and using it to claim a Guardian.
    -The voucher would basically act as a 100% discount for the item it corrisponds to. Just like when they do the giveaways and set the price to free, the voucher would do the same thing. Besides... the voucher already paid for the item at full price or whatever the sale price is if a sale is going on.
    -The voucher can be bought even if you have already bought the item in question. Doesn't make sense to block a gift voucher if the buyer already has the item. Would have to add a layer of protection like they did with the "Finish Now" buttons however, otherwise people might accidentially make purchases they don't intend to.

If they want to exclude items like full size bundles... that's up to Cryptic. Would probably be a good idea to exclude consumable stuff though
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    It will never happen.

The reason is fraud. They've (Cryptic) have touched on this before.

Stolen CC is used to buy 'whatever' which is then resold in the game. It would also facilitate 3rd party entities from making profit from these sales.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It will never happen.

The reason is fraud. They've (Cryptic) have touched on this before.

Stolen CC is used to buy 'whatever' which is then resold in the game. It would also facilitate 3rd party entities from making profit from these sales.

This.. Gold sellers would have dil grinders getting the stuff for free then selling the "gifts"

Maybe if they locked it down to your friends list with people being friends in game greater than two months or something? Idk just an idea