test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

after 13 attempts to load character

reinstalled STO only to have it STILL crash at ESD. can geto to other characters, but not the fed. wil NOTHing be done about this?:mad:
WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
either to conquer or to die for the Empire
Post edited by warmonger360 on

Comments

• Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What was happening on those 13 attempts you failed? Was the launcher slow/very delayed and on the character select, your selected toon wouldn't get through to the loading screen and just drop back to the Login screen?
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    What was happening on those 13 attempts you failed? Was the launcher slow/very delayed and on the character select, your selected toon wouldn't get through to the loading screen and just drop back to the Login screen?

This is happening: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1437491

Its very annoying and seems to be a systemic problem with season 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    carlosbfly wrote: »

the launcher behaved normally. no slow downs, all toons were listed and clickable/playable. only my fed won't load to ESD, resulting in a crash and a prompt to send in a crash report
    WE SURVIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2015
    can't seem to edit, so current patch had no effect. 15 times now
    WE SURVIVE!

• Options
    pettencepettence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the launcher behaved normally. no slow downs, all toons were listed and clickable/playable. only my fed won't load to ESD, resulting in a crash and a prompt to send in a crash report

I have the same problem only mine won't load to Beta Quadrant sector space. I found a work around though, created a new character, skipped tutorial and then hit change character and it let me in.

Yet it still won't let me onto the map normally, keep having to change character.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    havn't did a NEW toon, but it crashes the same way when changing existing toons. maybe on a night off I'll create a new one and see what happens. one would think that the last patch, which MENtions this issue, it woulda been FIX't
    WE SURVIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2015
    dunno if this'll help, but...

150219 23:45:03 6 Client[0 P[5404679@6885857 Kalibak@coretest09]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

150504 15:29:28 232 Client[0 P[162108@33395 Krenn@Krenn]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

it's a crash file I found in Logs/GameClient
    WE SURVIVE!