Install Arc
Options

Season 10 Is Live!

Comments

• Options
    edruidsedruids Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kellyark wrote: »
    Since the update, all the items I had in the exchange are gone except for 5 miserable tribbles lol.

I received a bunch of "exchange sale expired" mails and they were all empty!

Same problem. Exchange almost empty and Account Bank with locked black items. :(
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    apparently the exchange and mail are broken, ive played the 2 new missions and located 2 potentially bad mob placements or otherwise bad coding for the thralls. i had to baeam out and reinsert myself in the mission because a thrall was out of bounds and i could not get at it but it could get at me,

anyway, a few issues encountered.

lae'nas apparently didnt get blown up even though the heralds blew it up after the fact.
    a fused construct was stuck on top of a pillar, and inaccessible to attack on new romulus.
    the thrall i mentioned ended up warping to the ships transparent viewing port on the bridge and then warped again, completely out of bounds.

i didnt enjoy the extended time at the new romulus gatway cave entrance fighting heralds. but at least i got one of their more threatening floating heralds in the ground pushing up daisies.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I've frinished all the new content. It's been done well although the two missions that are there at the moment were a little short.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just played the first mission. It was tough, but it was awesome. They melted my Delta ground gear like butter. At least my Delta outfitted Tact BC fared well (yay T6!)

So far, very well done guys!
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well...

4pm
    Start STO Launcher...
    Servers down from 4pm to 6pm... Servers updating.

7pm
    Start launcher...
    Patching 6.9 gb
    patch 79% - error connection lost

Start launcher...
    Patching 1.5 gb
    patch 75% - error connection lost

Start launcher
    Patched!
    Logging in
    Welcome to Season 10, you have been online 30 seconds - SNR
    Welcome to S-10, you have been online 60 seconds - SNR
    repeat 10-12 times

Selecting new iconian featured episode - transwarp to Sol, dock, begin mission...

2 Music scores playing at the same time, npc chars talking over each other, SNR...

back to login screen, not logging in, quit game
    Prepatch launcher starting
    patching 500 mb
    patch 15% - prepatch launcher closes...

Yeah, I'm loving Season 10 so much, I could cry...

So... Whens the S-10 update that actually allows us to log in and play the game, and how many gb will it be, and how many times will we have to try to actually install it.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to get on for a short time then server went down and now can't get back on.
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never mind got it after reloading. Pity the medals are fed only.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2015
    Just played the first mission. It was tough, but it was awesome. They melted my Delta ground gear like butter. At least my Delta outfitted Tact BC fared well (yay T6!)

So far, very well done guys!

Played through the 1st FE without issue on a KDF Sci using the new Romulan Imperial Navy 3pc ground set and a T5-U B'rel Sci-Torp BoP running the Aegis space set :D

Yay, BoP FTW :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bgabor911bgabor911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game is still UNPLAYABLE from central and east europe due to CONSTANT LAGS.
    Or is this intentionally an USA & UK only game? Players from other nations are not allowed? We are struggling with these mega lags for months now, and we are really upset!
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After I patched about 3.1Gb, I logged in, played for about 15 minutes, then logged off... Then the login window popped up again and ran through a 500Mb patch before closing...

Is this a stealth patch? Anyone else getting it after logging out?
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Played through the 1st FE without issue on a KDF Sci using the new Romulan Imperial Navy 3pc ground set and a T5-U B'rel Sci-Torp BoP :D

Yay, BoP FTW :P

Yeah I actually am excited to get those new training manuals for an updated version of my sci bop brel bomber :D
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I found Blood of Ancients...quite hilarious. Oh, what a dark day it was for the alliance as I'm blasting Herald forces left and right. I found it hard to believe it was not a victory with all of the dead Heralds at my feet. I was pretty much just laughing all the way through. And why didn't M'Tara try to kill me? I was right there, a thorn at the Iconians' side! She could have at least throttled me around or threatened me. Instead she just comes and goes. :rolleyes:

Delta Flight, on the other hand. This one was more enjoyable, and I enjoyed the dialogue bits. These two missions are polar opposites of one another. What happened there?
  • Options
    unsaneasylumunsaneasylum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think it's going to stop crashing until that "Material files reloaded" thing goes away on the bottom left of the Iconian screen...............
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would just like to remind our European friends once again that you aren't directly connecting to Cryptic's server farm, and that unlike other games, they only have one server farm, located just outside Boston, MA, on the US East Coast. (Meanwhile, their offices are all on the US West Coast, three thousand miles away, and no, that doesn't make sense to me either.) And the Internet backbone, at least in the US, is privately owned among a plethora of companies, some of whom are squabbling with one another over access fees. So when you lag, which happens fairly often apparently, it may have something to do with overcrowding on Cryptic's end - or it may be data being slowed at another node entirely (for instance, if it passes from Level 3 to the badly-misnamed Cogent Communications).

If you can run a traceroute, that might reveal exactly where the slowdown occurs.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    richardlwhite1richardlwhite1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great season 10 is here, but guess what? We don't get to play, because it will not load! Come on you guys, a lot of us have spent significant money on this game, and we should be able to play. What's the dang hold up--why are you not fixing it?
    Fleet Admiral Richard L White
    USS Independence NX-91117-M
    Shadow Raiders
  • Options
    pwfpasspwfpass Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am getting the same problem, it is crashing right on the Iconian war loading screen. What gives?

Any fixes for this?
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, is this the end of STO? The final version? :mad:

Um...no? Did you not read what they said in the dev blog?

"This is only the beginning."
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ironic thing is I am doing doff turn ins and having no problems at all. Not sure what everyone's problems are unless they are out side north america.

Also got to be a record first city has 6 instances lol.
  • Options
    kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there anyway to manually download the patch? Im currently somewhere without wifi and if I can id prefer to download that here before I'm home later so I can actually play tonight
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had that with the season 9 logo, easy way I fixed it... run windowed... then when yoiu're in, maximize the window. Unmaximise before closing the game or it remembers you were maxed and crashes on next startup.

The transition from the cryptic screen to the season logo load screen seems to dislike some cards/driver combos apparently.

this worked for me, thanks :)
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can actually play tonight

Hate to break it you ... but that's not gonna happen ... Unable to Login, Login Timeout, "Safe Login", Server Crash, being stuck at Character Selection, finally being able to login ... Server not responding ... Disconnect ... rinse & repeat ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    sharonathenasharonathena Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hate to break it you ... but that's not gonna happen ... Unable to Login, Login Timeout, "Safe Login", Server Crash, being stuck at Character Selection, finally being able to login ... Server not responding ... Disconnect ... rinse & repeat ...

yep same things happens to me, if i don't use safe login. i just crash before the the character selection screen.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've logged in without issues on two different computers. Again, may I suggest that your issues are not universal, and may lie somewhere in the famed Series of Tubes?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    haven't played the new content yet, still levelling a delta or two.
    still loving the new sector maps and would like to say thanks for the freebies.
    from what I have played everything seems to be very stable so far so well done with that.
    looking forward to playing all the new stuff when I eventually get around to it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    pwfpasspwfpass Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I let the Launcher check all files, and when it was done, I relaunched it, it worked, and having a blast! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    iamwolf2010iamwolf2010 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    can't log in on laptop. so i would not know how good it is:mad:
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting major lag/rubberbanding in much of the game, which is especially troublesome for the new Ground queue... 15 secs to activate something that doesn't show up during that time frame (if at all) isn't all that doable. The queue itself was pretty cool, but the lack of an Interact when it tells me I need to Interact... less so. Of course, with the rubberbanding I might not be standing where my screen shows me standing... hmmm...

Sector space is cool, I like the openness and the instant travel to the Red Alerts. Unfortunately, this is mitigated by some of the oddities of the new system. I entered a Tholian Red Alert from former Iota Pavonis, fought in the Azure Nebula, and somehow was spit out above Sol's Interact point. Further, where leveling my Delta Recruit is concerned, I'm really not a fan of the new Transwarp fees... at level 24, 20K EC's to Transwarp to a mission is kind of ridiculous. Overall a really cool setup, but it's definitely got its kinks (which is neither a reference to Orions nor a misspelling of a term referring to Klingons :P).

Hopefully by next week things will be ironed out a bit better, what with weekly maintenance on Thursday and some proper stress-tesing on Holodeck; the loss of Tribble Test Weekends and slow responses to feedback sort of dampened the test server as a source of data. Ah well, overall not bad, but not as amazng as I'd hoped... and of course it'll be awhile before we can see exactly what all this did to doffing. Hopefully that bit survived, as doffing is often one of the hardest hit due to its status as a secondary gameplay system... it took months to get the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar chain working after the last set of changes.

I think I'll stick with "cautiously optimistic" as my response to S10... assuming they sort things out further in the coming week or two. Season 10 itself is surprisingly stable, if laggy, which is far and away an improvement over several past Seasons.

[EDIT] Oh, and as far as the new Kit Modules... that Engi one (Scarab Armor) is nigh upon useless with the diminishing DRM returns and premature ejacul... erm, finishing early due to taking damage. Compared to constant Flanking and +CritD for 10 secs every 30 secs, that thing is pathetic. Don't bother opening the Reward Pack on an Engi, stick with Tac/Sci for that.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this a live I would hate to see it DOA..
  • Options
    spitfire37spitfire37 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would really love to be enjoying the new delights of season 10 but have instead spent the last 2 hours trying to get past the pretty blue title screen. I am loving the game - hating the bugs. :mad:
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is good. However I usually play on weekends unless I check in long enough for Rep, Doff, and R&D. At least this will buy time for some bug issues. Which usually comes from new additions.

I'm looking forward to see the new sector space! :D
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.