test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

another screwed dil weekend

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
so I saw were there's another dil weekend....kind of. u want content play yet the majority of the reward is in the fracking dil mine. u don't like us dumping hordes of neuralprocessors yet u say u want us playing content. got news for u. I PLAY MORE CONTENT TO GET THE BLASTED NEURALPROCESSORS THAN I WILL EVER DO WORKING THE FRACKING ASTEROID MINES!!!

I mean just look at this one statistic: I can stf for a neuralprocessor once every 30 minutes to an hour. I can get iso injections quicker than that. I can hit the dil mines once a DAY! lets see here, once an hour, or once a day. which one translates to more content play?

not to mention the overall cut in my earning potential.

thanks for *almost* nothing.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Erm, what have the processors to do with the bloody mine event?

Merely asking.

On a side note: Hey Cryptic, launch a Processor event some day: seems may a folks need it... :)
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Errm, you earn more dill for every activity while the event is running..... I don't see how that impedes your ability to play how you want. I never did the normal mining ever. I only use mining claims, which takes about about a minute per claim.... :confused:
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im not sure you fully understand the dilithium weekend. Most tasks that earn dil, give more dil not just dilithium mining. There are a few exceptions but not many..
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Event isn't even here yet and already complaining.

Surprised they just don't give up and cancel all future dil weekends.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He refers to the fact that the last time this event was running, marks and the special queue items were removed from the reward list.

Basically, his point is, that Cryptic wants people to play the missions that reward these items, but essentially remove one of the benefits of doing so.

There are pros and cons to that decision really, and TBH, I don't know wich is better, because it's a never ending argument.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are easy ways to adapt, though ... I'm just hoarding Contraband instead of BNPs (Elite Marks) ... oops probably shouldn't have said that ... nerf incoming :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are easy ways to adapt, though ... I'm just hoarding Contraband instead of BNPs (Elite Marks) ... oops probably shouldn't have said that ... nerf incoming :P

I prefer buying ships with my Zen stipend when they have 15-20% off ship sales. I guess we'll see those removed because Cryptic believes ships should be considered purchasable throughout the year. Of course, the price tag won't change either.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Im not sure you fully understand the dilithium weekend. Most tasks that earn dil, give more dil not just dilithium mining. There are a few exceptions but not many..

my earning potential is still severely cut by not being able to get the bonus for rep items/projects. all of it is.

yes a lot of things are increased, but the overall earning potential isn't that great over a normal day.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I prefer buying ships with my Zen stipend when they have 15-20% off ship sales. I guess we'll see those removed because Cryptic believes ships should be considered purchasable throughout the year. Of course, the price tag won't change either.

quit bragging about ur stipend. it makes u look like a prick. subscribers get too many things. and don't talk about how "you've paid into the game" at this point most of us have.

and to the guy talking about hoarding contraband: once every 4 hours. earning potential still severely cut.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    my earning potential is still severely cut by not being able to get the bonus for rep items/projects. all of it is.

yes a lot of things are increased, but the overall earning potential isn't that great over a normal day.

Oh what ever.

When the dil event is on I can get 1mil dil on a weekend event and about 2.5 on week long event.

Stop moaning
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    quit bragging about ur stipend. it makes u look like a prick. subscribers get too many things. and don't talk about how "you've paid into the game" at this point most of us have.

Swing and a miss.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Swing and a miss.

Ignore him.

I haven't subbed etc but meh you get 500 Zen and the way he is going on calling you a prick makes it sound like your getting real money.

Gotta love some people's points of view
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The thing was with the Reputation item turn in projects and the dilithium weekend event is that people were hoarding their stuff for like weeks before the event, so they could reap the rewards throughout the weekend instead of actually playing dilithium rewarding content during the event. This was the scenario:

3 elite marks=1000 dilithium (normal), 1500 during event
    50 reputation marks=500 dilithium, 750 during the event.

Remember the devs have an idea on the amount of dilithium that people should be earning in relation to how much effort it takes to acquire it. Turning in already rewarded items led to them seeing that the projects were being exploited for and rather than take them away from us, they decided to be fair and just keep the projects in but no longer apply bonus dilithium in order to discourage this hoarding behavior.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Dear Poster:

This above quote is, 100%, the reason that mark / "Reputation doohicky currency" trade-ins were removed from Dilithium weekend.

To wit - Cryptic says that 3x Doohickys = 1000 Dil.

You say "but on bonus weekend, 3x Doohickys = 1500 Dil, therefore that's it 'true' value".

Cryptic says "No. Their true value is 3x=1000."

OP Makes rant thread.

Cryptic says "3x Doohickys = 1000 Dil. Period. End of discussion."

I like to post a bit of an analogy. Think of yourself at work.

Your job pays you $X an hour, however, on holidays, you get paid $Y per hour - usually "time and a half".

Do you get to "hoard" all your worked hours for the holiday and cash them in then (when you're "worth" $Y/hour) or are you paid based on your "usual" $X/hour "worth" and get more when the holiday is on?

Apply that logic to doohickys / marks / etc. and "Dil Bonus (Holiday) Weekend"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Event isn't even here yet and already complaining.

Surprised they just don't give up and cancel all future dil weekends.

It's a talent. Usually the same kind of talent those folks who run into walls posses.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Y'know, with that kind of logic, their logic, we shouldn't have any kind of weekend.

"People are queuing for more stuff during a dil weekend, and aren't queuing for it outside of that."

"A lot of folks pre-slot a bunch of high xp R&D projects before and during an R&D weekend."

"Many people DOFF and grind spec points during an XP weekend."

And to finish all of those up: "We're removing the bonuses during those weekends, as we want you to feel like it should be valuable to do any of that at any point during the year."
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Y'know, with that kind of logic, their logic, we shouldn't have any kind of weekend.

"People are queuing for more stuff during a dil weekend, and aren't queuing for it outside of that."

"A lot of folks pre-slot a bunch of high xp R&D projects before and during an R&D weekend."

"Many people DOFF and grind spec points during an XP weekend."

And to finish all of those up: "We're removing the bonuses during those weekends, as we want you to feel like it should be valuable to do any of that at any point during the year."

Which is exactly my point. If you have a promotion, don't be surprised that people save up and take advantage of it and don't touch it for the rest of the year.

I only grind spec points during double XP weekend now.

I only buy ships when they're on sale.

And yes, when dilithium weekend was still a thing, I saved up all my currencies and cashed them in.

However, the last part was apparently a problem.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

and to the guy talking about hoarding contraband: once every 4 hours. earning potential still severely cut.

True, but it still defeats the whole "We don't want people to hoard & only turn stuff in during Dil-Weekend" - Logic (also Dil-Mining-Claims) ... besides ... with multiple Toons 3k every 4h isn't that bad ... still better than grinding the Dyson BZ ....
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well the Devs made their decision months ago. They aren't going to change their minds over one ranty thread on the forums.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Well the Devs made their decision months ago. They aren't going to change their minds over one ranty thread on the forums.

That's probably the reason why every topic has dozens of rant threads...... :P

But of course you're right, the removal of marks and processor thingies from the dill weekend is old news. :)
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's like people are completely and utterly clueless about the point of these promotional weekends.

The purpose of the events is to get people to login and play during that weekend.

The surprise is that previously earned things were also doubled, not that they stopped that from happening - because given the purpose of a promotional event, the latter should have been expected and the former an error in our favor.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    It's like people are completely and utterly clueless about the point of these promotional weekends.

The purpose of the events is to get people to login and play during that weekend.

The surprise is that previously earned things were also doubled, not that they stopped that from happening - because given the purpose of a promotional event, the latter should have been expected and the former an error in our favor.

Depends on your defintion of "playing" ... following your Logic ... Reputation, R&D, Upgrades etc isn't "playing", since turning in currencies is basically 50% of the game now ...
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This thread isn't even worth wasting popcorn on.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wrote a rather exhaustive post when they removed turning in BNPs/APCs, etc., Tier 5 Rep Rewards, etc. from the Bonus Weekend. I documented every Blog/News Release over the previous YEAR where Cryptic SPECIFICALLY stated doing those turn-ins were ok - in fact they drew attention to them. What was happening was no surprise to them at all.

Same thing with Bonus Mark Weekend and the Daily Bonus, Tier 5 Rep Reward, Choice Mark Boxes from the really Special Events (Mirror, Crystalline Catastrophe), etc. Geko ran his metrics, didn't like what he saw, and left it to the new guy to explain and take the heat for removing those.

I think we have the same thing here with the Delta Recruit Event. It is great for the new Recruits and Bonuses to other Characters on the account but don't forget how these things used to work - Bonus XP for everyone for about six weeks preceeding some sort of extrodinary event - Delta Rising Expansion, some major Seasons, etc. Now what? One week of Bonus XP after working towards that specific goal. Different situation now - having SIX WEEKS of Bonus XP would allow getting too many Spec Points too quickly for the pace (glacial) that Geko has implemented.

Oh, and to the complaint about Iconians statement about saving Stipends for Sales, the person had absolutely no appreciation for the sarcastic analogy behind the statement.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm confused a bit. Anyone have a link to what's going on?
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    I'm confused a bit. Anyone have a link to what's going on?

Someone's upset the content they played in the last few months isn't getting the Dil bonus for content played during the bonus Dil weekend.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Someone's upset the content they played in the last few months isn't getting the Dil bonus for content played during the bonus Dil weekend.

Meh ... some content still is ... some isn't ...
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The thing was with the Reputation item turn in projects and the dilithium weekend event is that people were hoarding their stuff for like weeks before the event, so they could reap the rewards throughout the weekend instead of actually playing dilithium rewarding content during the event. This was the scenario:

3 elite marks=1000 dilithium (normal), 1500 during event
    50 reputation marks=500 dilithium, 750 during the event.

Remember the devs have an idea on the amount of dilithium that people should be earning in relation to how much effort it takes to acquire it. Turning in already rewarded items led to them seeing that the projects were being exploited for and rather than take them away from us, they decided to be fair and just keep the projects in but no longer apply bonus dilithium in order to discourage this hoarding behavior.

Except that is and always has been irrelevant. The dil has to be refined. It doesn't matter how much you earn if you can't refine it all any time soon.

The funny thing is, apparently most people don't get close to their daily refining cap as it is. I sure don't come close.

Personally, these weekends are worthless to me. The events are far too rare to care about. If I make a certain amount of marks/dil/xp in a day, having a 4 day event give me 50% more only gives me .5 x 4 which is 2. So 2 "free" days of marks/dil/xp and it only happens, what, every 2-3 months? Maybe a "free" week per year. Wow. Thanks. Great events. The old event system was far better.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I never hoarded marks because my ADD would probably turn lethal at having to spend HOURS grinding down 50 marks every 15 seconds for every last pixel of Dilithium I could squeeze out of those marks during a DL weekend.

If I wanted to play a slider game, I'd play something on Facebook. I play STO to blow things up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)