test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO will not lauch through ARC

Hello All,

I am having an issue for the past 2 weeks where STO will not launch at all through Arc. I am not having this issue with either NW or Champions Online. The only way to get the game to launch is to exit arc then go into the STO directory and launching the .EXE from there to get it to open. I have trying exiting and relogging into Arc and no success. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Do I need to uninstall arc and all games and reinstall to fix this or is there a fix that can be made?
Post edited by uluwen on

Comments

• Options
    theknight418theknight418 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue here, though with mine, it crashes from loading GameClient.exe after pressing Engage on launcher. Bypassing that and loading directly from the game files, I'm still unable to login at main game screen. GM's haven't been able to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    admiraljaneway1admiraljaneway1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't rely on Arc to launch the game I too have encountered this problem but I just launch through the executable now. Not really game breaking I've had these problems with Origin and Steam its bound to happen. Will it get fixed who knows but don't let that prevent you from playing STO. :D
  • Options
    satoris11satoris11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I too am unable to load the game through ARC. Unfortunatly, I can't run the game from the launcher either.
    The game works fine up to the point where it should be showing my characters but all I get is a black screen. I can hear the music and if I move the mouse I can hear the beeps but see nothing. Only game I have this problem with and it only started happening since the new patch.