test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Away team skills still defaulting

2»

Comments

• intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This defaulting of my ground away team's abilities keep happening every single time I login on the two characters I play regularly. All I have to do to get the abilities to reset is simply change from change from one character to another character.

Character: Sean@intrinsical
    Away Team #1: Two of Eight (Liberated Borg Science/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #2: Gamman'ikan (Jem'Hadar Tactical/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #3: Gal (Breen Tactical/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #4: Cory (Photonic Enginee/Intelr Officer)

Character: Miranda Pierce@intrinsical
    Away Team #1: Tam (Betazoid Science/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #2: Azabgor (Klingon Tactical/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #3: Lortana'Klan (Jem'Hadar Tactical/Intel Officer)
    Away Team #4: Rolando (Photonic Engineer/Intel Officer)
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this is really annoying occurs on all characters that are running 'special' boffs on the ground (which is pretty much all my toons)

is the ground version of the loadout bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got the same problem on all my BoFFs using Mirror Donatra@aliensamongus
    giphy.gif
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can I get name@handles for the affected characters?

Also, if you can provide information on when this is seen most consistently with said character(s), that would be a great help tracking this down.

Thanks.

Any progress on this yet? :(
  • robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    Bumping this thread because there's at least some ideas about possible triggers. I determined viewing the Boff's equipment page when Boffs are not on the map with you as a consistent trigger, though when it shows might be delayed (made a separate thread here before re-finding this one). This confirms velsinna's and some of monkeybone13's testing. I will try to confirm the other possible triggers in the next couple of days.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here is my trigger. lol. Yesterday i finish an episode mission, returned to my ship. Everything was ok since i already fixed it. Logged off. Today, logged in, adquired an episode mission, i beam down to the ground map, and again my boff skills reseted. Thats the only thing i did lol. And it happens in all my characters, maybe not always, but most of the times. I dont think giving the handlers one by one is the solution, almost every single player is suffering from this, the only problem is, they dont even notice. All newbies will have this bug in action and they will never ever notice it as well. This is not a problem for some users, it is a general problem. And its happening since months ago.
    Update:
    1. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by changing ship or captain equipment in social zones, adventure zones, ground mission maps, space mission maps, system space, or sector space (New Romulus, Kobali Prime, Uneasy Allies, Earth, DS9).
    2. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by changing equipment on a boff while that boff was out with me on the ground in adventure zones (New Romulus, Voth ground, Kobali Prime) or on a mission ground map (Uneasy Allies), including changing items during combat (equipment is locked, of course).
    3. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by training a boff in a new skill. (Engineer trained originally in Weapons Malfunction II, as well as Take Cover II and Strategic Analysis I. Newly trained in Chroniton Mine Barrier II. Aside: when a reset to default is triggered now, it goes to Chroniton Mine Barrier II instead of Weapons Malfunction II).

In all cases, I specifically avoided ever accessing a boff's status/equipment page when they were not on the map with me. Thus far, it is still my only common thread.

kittyflofy, what episode missions were you playing?
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Update:
    1. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by changing ship or captain equipment in social zones, adventure zones, ground mission maps, space mission maps, system space, or sector space (New Romulus, Kobali Prime, Uneasy Allies, Earth, DS9).
    2. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by changing equipment on a boff while that boff was out with me on the ground in adventure zones (New Romulus, Voth ground, Kobali Prime) or on a mission ground map (Uneasy Allies), including changing items during combat (equipment is locked, of course).
    3. I was *not* able to trigger a reset by training a boff in a new skill. (Engineer trained originally in Weapons Malfunction II, as well as Take Cover II and Strategic Analysis I. Newly trained in Chroniton Mine Barrier II. Aside: when a reset to default is triggered now, it goes to Chroniton Mine Barrier II instead of Weapons Malfunction II).

In all cases, I specifically avoided ever accessing a boff's status/equipment page when they were not on the map with me. Thus far, it is still my only common thread.

kittyflofy, what episode missions were you playing?

It doesnt matter, it happens all the time in any story arc. And not only in episode missions, just in the battlezones as well.

Again, this only "triggers" when you switch zones, messing up with the equipment or the boff page is not going to trigger anything. And it doesnt happens always i mean, sometimes it will not happen in 3 or 4 days, then, boom, all over again.
    In the likely event you didn't read my linked post in detail, which I admit is a wall of text, it "triggers" in two phases for me. Looking at the equipment page for the boff initiates the bug silently. The reset only becomes visible when you:
    1. look at the skills tab or stations tab immediately after and try to change something, or
    2. change zones or log out and in.
    I think the two stage process is a reason that people have had trouble nailing down the cause, because (1) seems like a different bug and (2) might happen a long time after looking at the status page that people don't associate the two. I've spent about 10 hours now testing different iterations to trigger this bug on Holodeck and Tribble, and I can do it completely consistently on my account. I can't guarantee it's the only thing that triggers a reset, or that it will be the same for other people, but this is definitely a trigger for all my characters and seems mostly in-line with two of the more detailed reports earlier in this thread. I want to know what missions you were playing specifically to see if there are additional mission triggers that repeatably bug this as well.

I know you are well aware that Cryptic has a large backlog of bugs that aren't fixed, partly because of how many people are available to test and fix bugs. Telling them that it's intermittent is a data point, but that means they have to spend hours testing just try to find it, and if it takes 4 hours just to find it and there were another 4 bugs that could be fixed in one hour each, then it makes some sense that those 4 bugs are going to take priority and this one will get shelved for later. I want to give them very specific information so it'll be easier to find this bug, because I hate that we have to deal with it and I want to maximize the likelihood that it gets fixed. (And if it still takes 2 years to fix like the fleet demotion bug, well, at least the ball was in their court)

So, can you help try this?
    1. Log in to a character. Go to your character profile and directly to the stations tab. Make sure your away team skills are what you want, then close the window.
    2. Change maps into a non-mission/battlezone, like system or sector space. Go back to profile->stations, make sure the away team skills are still good. If so, go to 3, otherwise set them again and re-try this step.
    3. Go to the equipment page of any away team boff that you've seen reset before. Don't do anything else, close that window, and change zones.
    4. Go back to your profile->stations, and see if a reset was triggered for that boff.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    My boff's skills seem to stay perfectly fine. That is unless I train a boff on my away team, or assigned to a ship station, in a new skill or change their equipment such as equipping them with shield charges or hypos. The stations tab will look fine but if I view a boff's skills that I trained or modified equipment for in any way suddenly my away team's skills will default. It's not quite as bad as it use to be.

After going to the skills tab for the boff(s) that had skills default I re-select each ground skill, even skills that didn't change. Afterwards it seems to stay put unless I train a boff in a new skill or modify equipment in any way again.
    Since crypticfrost seems to be around the past couple of days checking on bugs, any updates on this one?​​
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, I have this happen every now and then, too. Just about anytime I have a new boff join my crew, everything resets on the away team skills.
  • forestjediforestjedi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can I get name@handles for the affected characters?

Also, if you can provide information on when this is seen most consistently with said character(s), that would be a great help tracking this down.

Thanks.

Dion@forestjedi

Most often occurs after logging off for the day and the following day all the skills are changed. Slightly less frequently when after setting the desired skills, after a map change. Sometimes I can set them, and they remain set for my entire playtime. And sometimes I have to continually set them again whenever I have my away team with me.

MOST COMMON OCCURRENCE:

For example Kobali ground, I log in, my boff skills have been reset. I select the desired skills. Enter the Kobali system. When I go to beam down and select my boffs, the skills have been reset. I know have to either cancel the beam down, select the skills, or change them upon beaming down to the surface.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    forestjedi wrote: »
    MOST COMMON OCCURRENCE:

For example Kobali ground, I log in, my boff skills have been reset. I select the desired skills. Enter the Kobali system. When I go to beam down and select my boffs, the skills have been reset. I know have to either cancel the beam down, select the skills, or change them upon beaming down to the surface.

You don't even have to cancel the beam down menu. Just open your stations tab, fix the skills and go ahead and beam down.
  • forestjediforestjedi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    forestjedi wrote: »
    MOST COMMON OCCURRENCE:

You don't even have to cancel the beam down menu. Just open your stations tab, fix the skills and go ahead and beam down.

Either way, I still shouldn't have to. I should set them and they should stay set until I change them. I believe that's something we can all agree on. What we need is a saveable ground loadout. The same exact thing we do for space, we should be able to do for ground.
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    I have gone into my BOffs' Skills window and set their skills to default (which is supposed to be DEFAULT, not "whatever the hell they feel like"). Zoned, travelled, started mission, beaming down away team...and my BOffs have Alzheimer's. Everything right back to whatever it was I changed it from back when I started.

Add that it's not what the BOffs originally had when I got them (I've never gotten a Tactical BOff with Draw Fire I, Draw Fire II, and Draw Fire III in the first 3 slots...ever). It's whatever happens to go through that flea-bitten computer core of your game server.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.