What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Iconic Ships!

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the mirror universe version of the Galaxy going to get the new model too?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not happy that some ships have to be bought on the C Store. I might not be able to afford it. It creates two classes of players, which is unfair. I recommend removing ships from the C store, and making them free.
    C-Store ships aren't what cause a problem with divisions in the game, Lockbox ships are.

C-Store ships can be bought with dil-to-ZEN conversion. And lockbox ships with EC off the Exchange. It takes more time for sure, but it's still possible to get basically everything they offer in the game without paying any real money.

Either way, I have no problem paying money for good content. These ships look like they fit that bill nicely. Looking forward to the stats.
    bunansa wrote: »
    Same here, I honestly think they might hurt their sales a bit by trying to toss these at us when they just dangled the other day the info that pilot/hybrid boff ships were coming out, so unless they plan to roll another fleet of ships at us in the next few days, these 3 might not see the sales they think they will get.

I wont lie though, my wallet is sitting waiting to see the stats at the very least. :D

Well, in one sense this is awesome. It gives us plenty of choices. Might decrease sales per specific ship, but will probably have a lot more players opting for at least one of the several ships coming out. And hey, more choice is great :D
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    THANK YOU CRYPTIC FOR FINALLY UPDATING THE COSTUME!

All caps and bold were absolutely necessary.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    See. I told you guys they would do this, when you were all worried you'd never see your precious star trek tv and movie ships ever again.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me the bigger appeal was the intrepid interior which is why i even bought the T6 pathfinder to begin with. (Granted i made an awesome exotic build out of it) but as many have pointed out more cruisers? Also figured this would come eventually after it was done to pathfinder to further annoy T5U players.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All three will probably be Command.
    Considering that they coincide with piloting becoming a primary and the introduction of piloting BOffs, I'd wager that these new ships will have hybrid pilot seats.
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *dribbless* T6 , Galaxy & D'Dex, please
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Curious if the new Galaxy costume applies to the Dreadnought or if the Andromeda applies.

It'd be nice if T5U meant something in these cases although you do get a hull pattern for all your Galaxies if you did the T5U upgrade at least, right?

Otherwise, glad to see work continuing on iconic ships.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The ships look alright, but I doubt I'm going to bother getting them. Even if the stats are freaking obscene, I doubt I'll get them.

Not sure what it is about these, but I just don't feel "it". I normally like cruisers but there just seems to be something "off" about them.

Perhaps once I see them out in the game world I'll change my mind but for now, no sale.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Awesome, hopefully they will also have unique bridge and hallway interiors as well.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be honoust I'm expecting "crappy set up" but lots of things are possible if you know how to build your ship... Last "galaxy" bundle made me puke. After that I decided only to buy a ship if I really really knew everything about it ..so that brought me down from buying packs/bundles to buying single ships.

Than the DR happend and the lag and the nerfing and everything ... and I decided not to buy anything with real money anymore...

now this bundle will definatly get me back to looking very interested into the pack and the stats. but again will have to wait and see but props for the ships and getting the TNG feeling back :D
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Exciting news. Hope they get a good boff/console layout.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T6 D'deridex... with the original costume...

I'm so happy...

The T6 Negh'var looks sweet as well. Not really a fan of the original, but I may consider this one, if only to show more support for the KDF.

Don't really care about the FED one.

Still, I wonder about the stats. T5 D'deridex is quite unique and I hope the T6 will still have access to Lt.Cmdr. Sci and Tac.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wilv wrote: »
    Define "recent" cause the T6 intrepid came out about a month after DR. That hardly seems "recent" to me. And FYI, I objected to the inability to directly upgrade that ship from T5 to T6 then as well. So yes, I have been paying attention :rolleyes:

You can go on and on about the upgrade thing all ya want, but it's been very obvious that They have been planning to release previous ships in a T-6 mode to most of the rest of us for quite some time.

Denial only shows a conscience level of ignorance, it doesn't change the facts.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tier 6 galaxy. Tier 6 Negh'var. Tier 6 D'Deridex. Revamped models?

Yo Spartan what do you have to say about that?

"Now that's a Thing of beauty"

More beauty shots please.

Now about those stats????
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This comes a bit earlier than I expected, but it is welcome to see some of the iconic ships getting some T6 love. None of these particular ships really interest me, except maybe the Negh’Tev, but it is good to see them nonetheless.

I would like to know if any more of the older ship designs will get some T6 life breathed into them though. What I'd really like to see is a T6 K'tinga.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Trendy, the stats can wait for another blog but we need MOAR PICS!!! :P Pronto!!! :D

Pretty please? ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lnblade wrote: »
    Considering that they coincide with piloting becoming a primary and the introduction of piloting BOffs, I'd wager that these new ships will have hybrid pilot seats.
    I'd be perfectly fine with that too (APL and Pilot Team instead of Overwhelm Emitters and Concentrate Firepower). But not as likely since they were insisting that Piloting spec would be only on small ships. Unless the Galaxy is the new small.

Then again, Cryptic's been known for walking back their stance. They're already walking back on their "No T6 versions of existing ships at this time" statement. Of course, probably just in order to further pad out their T6 line up.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok, I've calmed down a bit.

It's unfortunate Cryptic (possibly forced by PWE) apparently intends to re-issue all of the T5 favourite ships in Tier 6. It's doubly unfortunate that they went with another round of cruisers (see the KDF part of my signature?) - 5 out of 6 KDF and ROM Tier 6 ships are some kind of cruiser now.

But, assuming they keep issuing these 3-ship/3-faction bundles, it means KDF will finally get some ships. AND, since a large number of KDF interesting ships were either dil or mirror and thus unupgradeable, it'll finally make some ships up to date (Hegh'ta, Vor'cha, Vo'quv, perhaps some lower tier raiders, raptors).

So overall, for FED and ROM players that basically already have many options (if not Tier 6, then at least of upgrading), this release is sorta disappointing. But for KDF, it's a miracle.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Tier 6 galaxy. Tier 6 Negh'var. Tier 6 D'Deridex. Revamped models?

Yo Spartan what do you have to say about that?

"Now that's a Thing of beauty"

More beauty shots please.

Now about those stats????

Hehe, loved that film.
    "Ok Cryptic, and now give us KDF/Romulan Science Ships... or else..."
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I hope the Galaxy has a Lt.Cmdr Science slot. It's a frigging Exploration Cruiser! That it was always the engineering heaviest ship made the least amount of sense to me.

Lt.Cmdr Universal also works for me, of course. I am not that picky.

It seems likely they will be Command-based ships, since these are all flagships, basically, or at least used to be in the good old times.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please have Lt cmdr tac or commander Intel.

Pathfinder took the Intrepid's ensign, upgraded it to lieutenant, and made it a universal. I'd expect the same here.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    About the Explosive Polarity Shift. On one hand, great thinking outside the box for a proc, but it would have been better to pick some engineering boff ability that is severely underutilized instead of one of the most popular one.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think people are missing the most important question.

Is the Tier-6 Galaxy compatible with the saucer separation console?
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice ships, but if they're just going to be the latest skill tree ships I'm not interested. Also I don't see any science T6 ships for KDF or Romulans yet. Finally fleet versions of all T6 ships aren't out yet it looks. So yeah I'm not interested since I don't have characters that can use these nor do I wish to grind out another alt for one.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Ok, I've calmed down a bit.

It's unfortunate Cryptic (possibly forced by PWE) apparently intends to re-issue all of the T5 favourite ships in Tier 6. It's doubly unfortunate that they went with another round of cruisers (see the KDF part of my signature?) - 5 out of 6 KDF and ROM Tier 6 ships are some kind of cruiser now.

But, assuming they keep issuing these 3-ship/3-faction bundles, it means KDF will finally get some ships. AND, since a large number of KDF interesting ships were either dil or mirror and thus unupgradeable, it'll finally make some ships up to date (Hegh'ta, Vor'cha, Vo'quv, perhaps some lower tier raiders, raptors).

So overall, for FED and ROM players that basically already have many options (if not Tier 6, then at least of upgrading), this release is sorta disappointing. But for KDF, it's a miracle.
    This does set a precedent alongside the Command ships; if KDF and Rom are to have new ships or upgrades of existing ships, they are bound to share Mastery Traits and consoles with new or upgrades of existing Fed ships as well.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I bet iconic ships are going to be the ones that allow us to utilize multiple specialization slots. Which means seating will be something outrageous like: Commander Engineering/Command, Commander Tactical/Pilot, Commander Science/Intelligence.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Congrats to the Galaxy fans. I know you guys have wait long for your ship to get to endgame hopefully the stats are good
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nice to see the spine on the back of the ship (galaxy) fixed at long last , would love to play sto today as well lol .

when will these be out ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Trendy, the stats can wait for another blog but we need MOAR PICS!!! :P Pronto!!! :D

Pretty please? ;)
    ...deal. I'll get some more pictures up in about 15 minutes.

We got some nice high-res shots coming up soon. :D