The Herald Sphere

1235»

Comments

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    luddimus wrote: »
    What will the final alliance look like?
    Tuvok melded with the Undine saying better together, the Voth have all but buggered off - will they return to fight? Lets not forget the Cube approaching DS9 - Friend or foe?

Also they may use this opportunity to kill Enterprise - F and roll out G.

Gamma quadrant gameplay - A distress call from Odo?

There are a few seasons left I think

My predication again is...

The Borg make peace and join the alliance
    The Dominion makes peace and joins the alliance.

The entire galaxy is now under the tyranny of federation so all ships/species can now be handed out in special lockboxes which IMO will be the only future development
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm so not excited about this
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not impressed that another season has to do with a sphere can you not think of something original all for the battle with the iconions but now Cryptic need to think to the future after this is the game done we will just be grinding until the doors close and having to create alts or do they have a follow up story planned I hope the latter as there is so many more storys that need to be told. but with one story mission every so often and rest is regarding rep grind I find it doubtful that they will have anything planned
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    Cryptic previously said the Iconians marked endgame.
    By this I imagine you mean end of the game (server shutdown), which begs the question: where's your proof that this was said? I have a feeling that you're making it up.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    While the Iconians use the Intel powers which is cool, I still think they're too easy to beat. Maybe add in endless cycling of TT and using the regular subnuke to their bag of tricks.

On another note, there now are Herald kill accolades, but they're identified as Iconians. Swarmers are also identified as Iconians. There is a bit of a mess there to count for ground kills if you're identifying everything the same when they're not.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Guys, they would not have invested in a sector space revamp if the game was ending with Season 10. The game has a future, we just don't know what it is yet.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    gravtronf2pgravtronf2p Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, if the end of the game itself is coming near, maybe we will get a chance to buy a server release so we can continue playing off-line in solo mode. That with some enhancements to the foundry and I would be very happy to continue on in solo.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The normal version is available to level 50 and above players. The advanced version is also available at level 50, but will bolster you to level 60. The Elite version is available at level 60.

I hope the older STFs that don't have elite or normal/advanced modes get updated like this. It would be a net positive over all for STO.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    Other words, "Star Trek: Online" may be ending with Season Ten.

Nope.

If I'm wrong you can throw me into the Nexus.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Guys, they would not have invested in a sector space revamp if the game was ending with Season 10. The game has a future, we just don't know what it is yet.

This, among other things.

Some people are wildly speculating based on the assumption that once a major plotline has been resolved that no new plots can ever be advanced. As Spock might say, "Illogical, Captain."
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I'd LOVE to see the Iconians come now.

Season 10 is about beating seventeen kinds of TRIBBLE out of the Heralds, season 11 the Iconians finally come in force, expansion 3 we get the Dominion on our side and ride for ruin and the universe's ending...

Then, once we beat the Iconians, we settle down for some nice, sedate plot arcs involving, say, the Fek'Ihri, and other plots that have been raised and dropped or half-resolved over the years.

And then maybe something else entirely. Maybe we get to go to Andromeda and explore there. I'd like that, for sure.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I knew we wernt going to fight the ICONIANS in Season 10, instead we just fight some slaves. But seeing Worffan's post I would say making one last charge into the breach as the Iconians play god destroying the universe would be EPIC!! Then afterwards I would just settle down for some peaceful exploration
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's... an MMO? Also, the queue itself has a mini story which gives it context. But since you said they can't impress you, why are you playing? You don't /have to/ play this content, you know...

I don't need to play as much as you don't need to respond and instigate an off-topic confrontation.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That is true, but gameverseman can't help but complain about stuff even if it's unreasonable. If you say something to someone like him, they'll call you either a white knight or something similar. The fact that gameverseman used the word "craptic" should tell you that he doesn't care what the devs do, he'll always complain about something that comes from them.

Although that may be true, you never said I was wrong so at least I have that. But apparently being correct holds no value so... whatever.
    signature.png
  • Options
    ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    robdmc wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. YOU want me to fly into a sun to get into the temple?

looks like metaphasic shields required
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The actual conflict with the Iconians can last more than one season.

And the Heralds look like just another servitor race, like the Elachi.

It could be another season or two before we start shooting at actual Iconians.

I could be wrong, though.
  • Options
    dskribedskribe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why am I quitting STO? Don’t get me wrong. I love this game. It’s just the following items that get me and make me want to walk away.
    • Dill cap. Thanks for making me wait for days to upgrade an item or buy zen to convert to dill so I can upgrade.
    • Item selling. WTF is up with this system? So I craft an item, use it for a bit and then I can’t sell it?!?! Unacceptable.
    • Lack of EC to DIL to Zen system. Nuff said.
    This game is designed to make the players sink money into it whenever they don’t want to spend 100 years grinding for something.
    After getting my ideal ship and doing the math, it would have taken me almost a year of non-exchange grinding to get my weapons where they needed to be. What is wrong with that statement? I only have one character and never planned on having many like the great players I ran into. I still don’t know how they had the patience to grind for years to have 10+ toon that were all amazing.
    Until the items above are changed, I will not be playing this game again. I doubt they will be and I know I’ll catch a ton of bs for writing this but someone has to.
    Make a game people want to play. Not one what 80% of players walk away from in the first month.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Like I've said elsewhere, I see no indication that Cryptic intends to end STO - they just did a major expansion, hired tons of voice actors, revamped a few major systems, and more. If it ends or moves rapidly toward that way with S10, it will be due to the playerbase being fed up with some issues with the current game state that are not being addressed by the above changes.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dskribe wrote: »
    Why am I quitting STO? Don’t get me wrong. I love this game. It’s just the following items that get me and make me want to walk away.
    • Dill cap. Thanks for making me wait for days to upgrade an item or buy zen to convert to dill so I can upgrade.
    • Item selling. WTF is up with this system? So I craft an item, use it for a bit and then I can’t sell it?!?! Unacceptable.
    • Lack of EC to DIL to Zen system. Nuff said.
    This game is designed to make the players sink money into it whenever they don’t want to spend 100 years grinding for something.
    After getting my ideal ship and doing the math, it would have taken me almost a year of non-exchange grinding to get my weapons where they needed to be. What is wrong with that statement? I only have one character and never planned on having many like the great players I ran into. I still don’t know how they had the patience to grind for years to have 10+ toon that were all amazing.
    Until the items above are changed, I will not be playing this game again. I doubt they will be and I know I’ll catch a ton of bs for writing this but someone has to.
    Make a game people want to play. Not one what 80% of players walk away from in the first month.

That is a pretty bold assumption that a gaming company desires to make money on their games.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    saedeith wrote: »
    That is a pretty bold assumption that a gaming company desires to make money on their games.

Not assumption.... Fact.
    signature.png
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not assumption.... Fact.

Not serious.... facetious.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Not serious.... facetious.

Good to know you can identify the value in your own post(s).
    signature.png
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If we do end up going to the Andromeda Galaxy at some point, I wouldn't mind having this in my hanger.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_%28NCC-1701-J%29
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    I just hope the Herald's ships won't end up in a lock box.

hahahahhahahahaha.........

aw man I haven't laughed so hard in days...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not assumption.... Fact.

you dont understand sarcasm do you lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If we do end up going to the Andromeda Galaxy at some point, I wouldn't mind having this in my hanger.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_%28NCC-1701-J%29

gonna have to blow up a few enterprises first sadly :/
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They shall all fall at the hands of my might NX ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gonna have to blow up a few enterprises first sadly :/

Sadly, that is true. :(
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel