edited March 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    Special ships for the Delta Recruits?

T6 Temporal lockbox ships ? :eek: I kid, I kid.... I HOPE :rolleyes:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Temporal Herald ships for Delta Recruits would be nice too.
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps the Heralds are the Sphere Builders from Enterprise? Just a guess.

This sphere doesn't look anywhere near the size of a Dyson Sphere so... maybe? Hard to get a real sense of the size without something to give scale.

Anyway, I look forward to trying it out on Normal at least. I just hope it's fun because I'll have to run it to death to unlock the new Iconian Rep.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I didn't realize round objects where so offensive to some people. Interesting. Personally I like spheres. I bounce them off the walls, toss them through hoops, Hit them with sticks.

I even live on one.
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OH SNAP! Iconians are totally calling us out to a space jam, we're going to need Michael Jordan and two other celebrity actors to bolster our game plan.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thetanine wrote: »
    Of course I knew it was going to be another Sphere. I bet a ton of players did. How you could not see this coming, I don't know.

All the trouble that was caused in the bowels of New Romulus, by opening that gate that led to a sphere, and the Iconian itself showing up. Well, it all points to reason that there was going to be another sphere that would give us the information we had been looking for, and that is, Who built the spheres?

Now we know it was the race called the Heralds.

This particular Sphere has somehow gained the possession of the Empire's greatest weapon, get ready...:

The Death Star Weapon!!

Just remember you heard this here, from ME, first.

I can't wait to see any particular solar body become a DEATH STAR!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jorumgandr wrote: »
    OH SNAP! Iconians are totally calling us out to a space jam, we're going to need Michael Jordan and two other celebrity actors to bolster our game plan.

If it was the Tkon Empire, they'd totally be shooting planets at us. They could move entire star systems around.

If anyone could build Dyson Spheres. It was them.
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rnaught wrote: »
    Perhaps the Heralds are the Sphere Builders from Enterprise? Just a guess.

This sphere doesn't look anywhere near the size of a Dyson Sphere so... maybe? Hard to get a real sense of the size without something to give scale.

Anyway, I look forward to trying it out on Normal at least. I just hope it's fun because I'll have to run it to death to unlock the new Iconian Rep.

I considered this possibility when we first discovered the Spheres, however the Sphere Builders wanted to terraform the Galaxy so that they could live in it. This made it good for them, but bad for us. It seems like this would be just as bad for the Iconians as it would be for us, which would put them at odds with the Sphere Builders. Then again, their attempts to terraform the Galaxy to meet their needs could mean that the Iconians are the ones who require the change.

This could be why they're using servitor races to begin with, since they can't live in the Galaxy as it is now. But they lived in the Galaxy just fine 200,000 years ago. If they are connected this way, then maybe they were damaged or changed somehow? Like the Solanae living in Subspace after the industrial accident?
  • Options
    acnolowgiaacnolowgia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the direction they're going with things. I mean, yeah I want to see the Iconians and stuff, but with the way it's been building towards this conflict for the entire game... honestly, it seems it would be far more appropriate to launch the Iconian War with an expansion rather than just a season. I mean, the seasons only put out a couple episodes each. The way this is going, it looks like the Vaadwaur are going to end up with a bigger spotlight- and that just isn't right!
  • Options
    spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That looks so awesome.
    :D
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Saw the title and for two seconds it seemed to read "Herald Square".

What did Macy's do that irked the Iconians..? "You will recognize my coupon or I will mind vape you!" :D
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So special ships are the new grappling gun huh.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Opening a portal into a star to use as a weapon? Now wher have I seen that before? :P
  • Options
    acnolowgiaacnolowgia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I considered this possibility when we first discovered the Spheres, however the Sphere Builders wanted to terraform the Galaxy so that they could live in it. This made it good for them, but bad for us. It seems like this would be just as bad for the Iconians as it would be for us, which would put them at odds with the Sphere Builders. Then again, their attempts to terraform the Galaxy to meet their needs could mean that the Iconians are the ones who require the change.

This could be why they're using servitor races to begin with, since they can't live in the Galaxy as it is now. But they lived in the Galaxy just fine 200,000 years ago. If they are connected this way, then maybe they were damaged or changed somehow? Like the Solanae living in Subspace after the industrial accident?

One big problem- the sphere builders weren't just from another galaxy, they were from an entirely different universe. There are fundamental differences in the way the laws of the two different universes work, which is why denizens of one can't survive for long in the other. If they try to make the Heralds and the sphere-builders one and the same, that's directly contradicting canon, which is something they've avoided doing. Bringing in the Iconians doesn't count- the first time we hear about them, when Picard found their homeworld and the gateway there; he speculated that maybe they didn't all die out and used the gateways to escape.
  • Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Opening a portal into a star to use as a weapon? Now wher have I seen that before? :P

They did it on Stargate once or twice as well.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does the Awesome Spectacular Squad Reputation come with it.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    acnolowgia wrote: »
    Bringing in the Iconians doesn't count- the first time we hear about them, when Picard found their homeworld and the gateway there; he speculated that maybe they didn't all die out and used the gateways to escape.

Picard also speculated in that episode that the Iconians weren't the boogeyman that history would make them out to be, which tied into the episode's underlying theme of misunderstandings. Still kind of waiting to see if Cryptic's storytellers will ever acknowledge or accommodate Picard's thoughts on the matter. Right now, they are apparently completely ignoring that aspect of the episode; so far, we don't even have someone to say, "Yeah, I guess Picard was horribly, horribly wrong."

As to the actual STF, I am very pleased -or perhaps relieved is the right word- to see that it comes in all three difficulties. I was worried that the Battle of Korfez was going to set an unfortunate precedent. That means that, even if Advanced and Elite has silly fail conditions and/or enemies with ridiculous levels of health, I'll at least be able to play Normal mode if I just want to see the story in a more relaxed setting.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fear not the Harolds ...

... also the reaper and MnM'S ...
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to say that I'm rather looking forward to this one. Although I'm betting its another one we'll have to play on normal if in a PUG queue.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Picard also speculated in that episode that the Iconians weren't the boogeyman that history would make them out to be, which tied into the episode's underlying theme of misunderstandings. Still kind of waiting to see if Cryptic's storytellers will ever acknowledge or accommodate Picard's thoughts on the matter. Right now, they are apparently completely ignoring that aspect of the episode; so far, we don't even have someone to say, "Yeah, I guess Picard was horribly, horribly wrong."

As to the actual STF, I am very pleased -or perhaps relieved is the right word- to see that it comes in all three difficulties. I was worried that the Battle of Korfez was going to set an unfortunate precedent. That means that, even if Advanced and Elite has silly fail conditions and/or enemies with ridiculous levels of health, I'll at least be able to play Normal mode if I just want to see the story in a more relaxed setting.

Well... he could still have been right.
    But I would think that a number of other races pushing your species to the brink of extinction would change your perspective on things. Perhaps rather than being at the mercy of others, like the dominion, they chose to subjugate potential threats before they became a real one.
  • Options
    massflyermassflyer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This weapon is just like the wormhole weapon Kryten used in Farscape. It looked pretty nasty when the solar flare for lack of a better term slammed into the scaran dreadnaught
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Err, did I miss a dev blog or two?

When and how did the Alliance discover another sphere?

Where did we know anything about "Heralds"?

How do we know they built temples?

You know, you guys are rather terrible at choosing the order of the teasers you wish to give us.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Where did we know anything about "Heralds"?

How do we know they built temples?

You know, you guys are rather terrible at choosing the order of the teasers you wish to give us.

Episode to come tomorrow. Sela gives up the goods with regards to info to the Alliance who have her prisoner. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    genhauk wrote: »
    Episode to come tomorrow. Sela gives up the goods with regards to info to the Alliance who have her prisoner. ;)
    I didn't know we were March 25th today.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Well .... coming soon at any rate ....

I'm a Delta Recruit. This time shifting has me with a bit of time lag. :D

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Sorry...

I was palying around with "time" again.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait a sec. ..i thought we've already established that the spheres (at least the first two) were built by the solanae and the solanae were the 'click clicks'. It's there still speculation who built the spheres?

acnolowgia wrote: »
    Honestly, I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the direction they're going with things. I mean, yeah I want to see the Iconians and stuff, but with the way it's been building towards this conflict for the entire game... honestly, it seems it would be far more appropriate to launch the Iconian War with an expansion rather than just a season. I mean, the seasons only put out a couple episodes each. The way this is going, it looks like the Vaadwaur are going to end up with a bigger spotlight- and that just isn't right!

I agree with this. I'm excited about taking it to the Iconians, but i want it done right. This reminds me of seasons of B5 building up to the great vorlon / shadow war. It's been building up to a showdown for so long i would be really disappointed if it's just an stf and a few FEs.

From an IC perspective, we are no where near ready to take these guys on. Yes we have the alliance (Fed/KDF/RR) and the new Delta confederation (or whatever that's called), but that fragile at best. What I'd like to see is us start to see some iconian action, is to realize we are way outgunned, and go through story arcs bringing the voth, the undine, and, dare i say, the borg queen in on this alliance. You could start us out very gradually with some iconian action, but still be able to stretch it out with some really good content building up into a full blown war of wars.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    clcopelandclcopeland Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I read this and all I can think of is yet another sphere...in space...

Kind of round...like a ball...in space...

A set of giant round balls, in space...

I guess the Iconians have a lot of...spheres
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The Iconians probably had them scattered all over the place, built by various servitor races. If that was the case, it makes sense that Team Good Guy would stumble over a few more, sooner or later.

Hell, the Elachi probably live on their own Dyson sphere somewhere.