What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worst movie ever?

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,990 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyline and Battle Los Angeles, those are just bad.

Battle LA has some great visuals but story wise not really that good, it's an attempt for a "realistic" modern military movie but with an alien invasion. It does not work too great.

Skyline however is not a great movie, spoiler alert here for people who have never seen it.
    One of the character is looking at the alien spaceship through a telescope when a nuke hits it, not only is the building he's in not even damaged but the guy looking through the telescope is not even blinded by the flash.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyline and Battle Los Angeles, those are just bad.

Battle LA has some great visuals but story wise not really that good, it's an attempt for a "realistic" modern military movie but with an alien invasion. It does not work too great.

Skyline however is not a great movie, spoiler alert here for people who have never seen it.
      One of the character is looking at the alien spaceship through a telescope when a nuke hits it, not only is the building he's in not even damaged but the guy looking through the telescope is not even blinded by the flash.

I actually really liked Battle LA. I was in the Marine Reserves and, while not perfect, their depiction of the USMC is good enough to at least feel authentic, and I felt the combat was more realistic than most of what Hollywood comes up with. My biggest problem is the main character's rank, if your in for 20 years you should at least have made Gunnery Sgt. Also, enlisted personnel don't just retire, they have to either wait for their enlistment to be up or, in a case like today with the military drawing down, wait for an early discharge to be offered.

Skyline though ... to quote one of my favorite movies as a kid "Now that is one big pile of $!#@"
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Wasn't that they didn't know what they were doing, they really did want to make something else. Every Mario reference was essentially forced on them.
      In that case the studio should have found different writers. :/

this is for worst ever, not movies that are mediocre. :P It's definitely watchable, but not the best.
      That movie has so many levels of STUPID..... I hate it.

Like the alien mind control ray.... it some how rewrites your DNA. Wut? This isn't a case of them zapping people, no, this is basically a flare they put in the sky and anyone who looks at it directly gets the effect.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I actually really liked Battle LA. I was in the Marine Reserves and, while not perfect, their depiction of the USMC is good enough to at least feel authentic, and I felt the combat was more realistic than most of what Hollywood comes up with. My biggest problem is the main character's rank, if your in for 20 years you should at least have made Gunnery Sgt. Also, enlisted personnel don't just retire, they have to either wait for their enlistment to be up or, in a case like today with the military drawing down, wait for an early discharge to be offered.

Skyline though ... to quote one of my favorite movies as a kid "Now that is one big pile of $!#@"

I agree. Battle LA is actually a decent film and is very much the sort of alien invasion film I've been wanting to watch for years--where the story follows the actions of the military and their attempts to repel the invasion. And as you say, while a few details are wrong, enough details were done right to make it feel genuine.

I didn't even bother with Skyline.
    • Options
      virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      A movie that has bugged me from time to time, I keep forgetting I've watched it and go to watch it again...G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
    • Options
      gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
      edited April 2015
    • Options
      cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      valoreah wrote: »
      No one mentioned "Highlander II"?

How DARE thee name that, which must NEVER be spoken of!!!!!!
    • Options
      edited April 2015

Was that really worse than Girard's 1998 Different Strokes...though he even got Dana Plato to star in his story of Jack & Jill...and Jill...?

Guess IMDB shows 2.7 for Girard's Rugsuckers and 4.0 for his Different Strokes. The masses have spoken! Er...the 200 something for Rugsuckers and 300 something for Strokes...lol.

Over 13.4k folks got Arnold Strong's (lol, in of itself)...Schwarzenegger's Hercules in New York 3.1...then again, Arnold Stang as Pretzie actually got top billing for that movie...heh. Ugh, it's all Valoreah's fault that I watched as much of that as I did on Netflix.

As an aside, don't want to chew up a reply separately, as bad as Highlander II was - I can't really say Highlander III was any better - nor - that the Connor/Duncan movie was any better either...meh.
    • Options
      kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
      edited April 2015

As an aside, don't want to chew up a reply separately, as bad as Highlander II was - I can't really say Highlander III was any better - nor - that the Connor/Duncan movie was any better either...meh.

That's why some of us live by the "there can only be one" rule and accept only the original.
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      I agree. Battle LA is actually a decent film and is very much the sort of alien invasion film I've been wanting to watch for years--where the story follows the actions of the military and their attempts to repel the invasion. And as you say, while a few details are wrong, enough details were done right to make it feel genuine.

I didn't even bother with Skyline.
      Yeah, only a few points really bugged me. Mostly the bit at the end where they DON'T take the Colonel's (or was it a general?) advice... I wouldn't have waited long, but I DEFINATELY would have gotten a good meal while reloading.

The other was a weird part in the middle that was apparently an overly melodramatic attempt at character development.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I JUST WATCHED A BURNT COPY OF 'THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON' and it was PURE ****!!!!!. I can't believe they butchered the avengers the way they did. Honestly , I think it was suppose to be a good movie but, ever who done the editing spliced it together in a way where every scene felt like it had a scene missing before it. It just feels like I was wathcing one long 2 hour trailer. You see what I mean next week. I know theres nothing gonna stop you from watching it. So it doens't matter what I say. Cause I know if it had gotten a 0 rating on rotten tomatoes I would still have watched it. Maybe I thought it sucked becasue it was in another Language, IDK. You just wait and judge for yourself.
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      hyefather wrote: »
      I JUST WATCHED A BURNT COPY OF 'THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON' and it was PURE ****!!!!!. I can't believe they butchered the avengers the way they did. Honestly , I think it was suppose to be a good movie but, ever who done the editing spliced it together in a way where every scene felt like it had a scene missing before it. It just feels like I was wathcing one long 2 hour trailer. You see what I mean next week. I know theres nothing gonna stop you from watching it. So it doens't matter what I say. Cause I know if it had gotten a 0 rating on rotten tomatoes I would still have watched it. Maybe I thought it sucked becasue it was in another Language, IDK. You just wait and judge for yourself.

Never, ever judge a movie based on a pirated copy, quality issues are fairly common, especially if the movie is still in theaters.
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      hyefather wrote: »

Buddy, AoU is already in theatres in the EU. People have already seen it and it has good reviews. If this is an attempt at trolling, it's a bad (and obvious) one. If it isn't an attempt at trolling... then it probably looks like a 2-hour long trailer because whoever you got it from literally cut the scenes from the trailers into a 2-hour long film.
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      valoreah wrote: »
      No one mentioned "Highlander II"?

If i close my eyes tightly the bad thing will go away *Holds knees and rocks himself*

It doesnt exist its not there it doesnt exist *buries his head in his knees and continues to rock himself*

If i dont pay attention the bad thing will go away *continues rocking himself*

Its has to be gone it has to be...*slowly looks up and sees*Highlander II :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Valoreah you evil little man how could you post that abomination :eek:
    • Options
      knightraider6knightraider6 Member Posts: 396 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I must disagree. None of these hold a candle to the true WORST movie of all time.

From the man who brought you the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies... I give you...

Meet the Feebles
      "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." R.A.Heinlein

"he's as dangerous as a ferret with a chainsaw."

• Options
      edited April 2015
      I must disagree. None of these hold a candle to the true WORST movie of all time.

From the man who brought you the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies... I give you...

Meet the Feebles

Never heard of this before ... now that I've seen the trailer i must burn my eyeballs
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Syfy channel seems to be having a terrible movie marathon. Right now I'm watching Dinoshark. Needless to say, it sure isn't Oscar material.
      say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
    • Options
      crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Syfy channel seems to be having a terrible movie marathon. Right now I'm watching Dinoshark. Needless to say, it sure isn't Oscar material.
      ^^^
      That normal weekend SyFy channel programming for the most part.:eek::D
      Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
      TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
      PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    • Options
      cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      If i close my eyes tightly the bad thing will go away *Holds knees and rocks himself*

It doesnt exist its not there it doesnt exist *buries his head in his knees and continues to rock himself*

If i dont pay attention the bad thing will go away *continues rocking himself*

Its has to be gone it has to be...*slowly looks up and sees*Highlander II :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Valoreah you evil little man how could you post that abomination :eek:

I try not to think of Highlander 2, as a "Movie". More as a "Dumpster fire".A dumpster fire, caused by a derailed train, colliding into an abortion clinic.
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      ^^^
      That normal weekend SyFy channel programming for the most part.:eek::D
      Syfy MADE that movie. :P At least half their in-house productions seem to be intentionally written to be corny.

The worst I can think of involved a formerly frozen mammoth. It's bad enough they don't show it often....
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Shouldn't the requirement for Worst Movie Ever be it was created with the intent to be a good movie, but completely failed? A bad movie with a very low budget and unknown actors can't be worse than a bad movie with a big budget and well-known actors.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
      edited April 2015
      patrickngo wrote: »
      But so does Avatar-which had the depth of plot of 70's TRIBBLE movie combined with big-budget special FX and (again) bad acting.

Um... I once saw something on the internet where someone took the plot outline of Pocahantas (Most likely butchered the spelling but gets the point across. Forgive me.), replaced key words with those related to Avatar, and boom. It WAS the plot to Avatar.

Here's the thing I saw.

Anyways... its been a while since I haunted this thread so... I would like to submit...

Watchmen

God I wonder why I watched that thing. SO SLOOOOOOW! Yes it does show that superheroes are people too, but dang they beat you over the head with their problems! Not to mention its BORING AS HELL and anticlimatic. And I think it was at least 3 hours of boring.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Anyways... its been a while since I haunted this thread so... I would like to submit...

Watchmen

God I wonder why I watched that thing. SO SLOOOOOOW! Yes it does show that superheroes are people too, but dang they beat you over the head with their problems! Not to mention its BORING AS HELL and anticlimatic. And I think it was at least 3 hours of boring.

My main problem with Watchmen is the ending. In the graphic novel, it is an artificial alien that is the catalyst that unites humanity while the movie has Dr. Manhattan going out of control as the catalyst.

Although, I certainly would like to see this made.
    • Options
      spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
      edited April 2015

Hippie horsesh!t and taking a dump on the military in one-stop-shopping. Oh you're military/former military? You must have no conscience and love to kill stuff for money.
      "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      Lol, I was browsing the bottom 100 over on IMDB...and I can't believe I forgot this one (well, actually I can):

Leonard Part 6

If it was already posted, I probably had some protective blindness going so as not to see it. Hell, I might end up posting it again...some protective amnesia having made me forget it again.
    • Options
      robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Into Darkness has me cringing throughout
      NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      jonsills wrote: »
      I disagree on this. Superman, in fact, wasn't saying "Burn Krypton" - that ship had already sailed. He was saving Earth, which for all practical intents and purposes was his homeworld (he wasn't even "born" yet when he left Krypton, in this interpretation). And the ending? Zod had promised, if he lived, to spend every waking moment destroying everything Clark loved, starting with the nearby group of innocent bystanders. And while an older, more experienced Clark might have found a way to defeat Zod without killing him, this one had only learned to fly a relatively short time before. This was his first time being a hero - he wasn't going to be a paragon yet.

And he tried anyway. He tried to talk Zod down, then he tried to beat Zod down, then he tried to hold Zod down. None of it worked. In the end, he followed the only path open to him.

But Superman is invunerable and since Zod is Kryptonion it should have been impossible to break his neck
      NO TO ARC
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      When I saw this thread I instantly thought of Earth Vs The Flying Saucers. Holy smokes! The acting was worse then the Stop Motion flying saucer effects.

Star Trek V ( yes, another fan )

Oh, I did see Sharknado for about 39 minutes on a movie site...........the crew who did it showed up at my door ( I'm in Australia ) and gave me a award for the longest viewer time ever. Even brought me a new computer desk as I had whacked my head through the last one while watching it.

But the winner is...........* drum roll *............Both JJ Trek's........mainly Star Trek : Into Darkness.

Yes, I watched this crapola on a bootleg site, I watched this ****..........because I let it buffer fully and didn't want to waste the time.....on both TRIBBLE pots...YES, I WATCHED THEM...........and I gave both 5 WTF!!'s on the OMG! scale. And a Golden TRIBBLE award each.

But many thanks to JJ for making Star Trek V watchable again. It makes more sense then your TRIBBLE.

My thoughts exactly except I went to the cinema to see it and can't believe I spent money to watch the ****
      NO TO ARC
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
      edited April 2015
      robeasom wrote: »
      But Superman is invunerable and since Zod is Kryptonion it should have been impossible to break his neck

Not true. Zod may be Kryptonian, but so is Superman. And the only reason they are "Invulnerable" is because humans don't have the strength or technology to be able to harm a Kryptonian powered up by our own sun without Kryptonite. But since Superman is Kryptonian, he would be able to take out Zod as they would be on the same level.

My 2 ECs based on what I know of Superman.

Although now I wonder who would win: Superman or Thor? Both are from other worlds, both have powers and strength... but I don't think Superman would be able to lift the Hammer unless the Hammer allows it, just like it didn't let Hulk even budge it in Avengers. So... at least slight advantage Thor if he can pin Superman.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)