test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lags, client crashes, game dying?

Serious question. I mean how can a mmo game survive with lags all over the place and constant client crashes? And not fixing those in weeks makes me really wonder if they let the game bleed out. :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hatchetl4d on

Comments

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been fine for me and i live half a world away from cryptic...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Considering how much monotonous grind a lot of us have endured the past years the pain threshold in the community toward such things is simply above average in my opinion.

You can already pay to spear you the grind in this game. Perhaps some day we may even pay for quality… you know as in “Finish SNR now: 3000Dil”
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    Serious question. I mean how can a mmo game survive with lags all over the place and constant client crashes? And not fixing those in weeks makes me really wonder if they let the game bleed out. :confused:

Yes, everybody at Cryptic/PWE decided that they no longer wanted to have roofs over their heads, clothes on their backs, or food on the table.
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, everybody at Cryptic/PWE decided that they no longer wanted to have roofs over their heads, clothes on their backs, or food on the table.

Ah I understand now. So they get the worst ISP, cheapest servers, minimum staff for problem solving and new ships every week to get food on the table. Now this makes sense to me, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • straxus24straxus24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree, the servers are garbage, the rubberbanding and overall performance of this game atm is unacceptable, but wait! They want us to shell out 120.00 bucks for new ships every week, then give us **** servers to play on? Cmon PWE you gotta keep the server up so you can keep over charging the **** out of us in the C-store.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Actually PWE is supposedly doing really bad according to the rumor mill.
    Bad enough that this game might be sold entirely to a new publisher.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its no doom or whatever its just cryptic pushing the numbers to look better in case they need to look good for potential buyers.

We have to take it as long as the current pwe situation is not resolved.
  • straxus24straxus24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd be doing really bad to if I was charging $120.00 for content...
    I understand they need to make money, but man.
    edited February 2015
    Playerbase unite and buy them? lolz :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    Playerbase unite and buy them? lolz :D

The whales could pull it off.
    Think whales instead of buying ships you'd buy the people making ships.
    edited February 2015
    Telling us itz fine for you doesn't help much. Nice it is for you, like really get a cookie. But checking forum and reddit and personal friends list tells lotsa ppl have problems with lag and gameclient crashes. Letz see until after this patch even tho no mention of anything like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]