Install Arc
Options

So Askray Confirmed my Claim

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    In this case damage to my reputation for something I did not do, and harm to a peaceful reputation I worked a lifetime to build and maintain.
    Since you were not banned, but sent a message telling you that what you did was unacceptable, I don't see how the initial incident harmed you in any way, except for maybe bruising your own ego.

You are the one who is telling everyone that you got a warning. You, not Askray.

You are the one who is posting snippets of a letter sent to you, in private on these forums, not Askray.

You are the one calling names and making ridiculous demands. Again: You, not Askray.

The only one damaging your reputation here is (and say it with me, everyone!)

You, not Askray.

Now excuse me, I need to go play a game you may have heard about. It's called Star Trek Online. It has it's issues, but I find it fun.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty upset about ISIS too.

I know how bad is it when a chocolate brand has to change its' name because of a sales slump due to the stupidity of people. ;)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's see...I'll take Bipolar Forum Posters for $200, Alex.

I bid 400 Quatloos on the newco.....oh hes gone :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    I know how bad is it when a chocolate brand has to change its' name because of a sales slump due to the stupidity of people. ;)

Same thing happened to the bin Laden construction company.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,875 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OMG...people have been banned/muted for lesser events than this throll thread.

Really...forum posting has become the end game of STO :rolleyes:

... who needs to play the game for entertainment, the blogs and resulting forum storms are far more entertaining and free! Free 2 Laugh!
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    :'(

I know I'm a troll sometimes in the sto forms, but brah, this is way over the top...

I still got cookies tho.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have a cookie! :D

Pass the cookies :)
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    Have a cookie! :D

Ty

/10char
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, I mean the actual deity ISIS. Having to run around gathering up all the pieces of OSIRUS, is kind of a drag. All work, and no play makes ISIS a dull girl.

mrowl?

She's an Entertainer, how can she be dull?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    So Askray publicly confirmed, in writing, my claim that he had accused me of threats of harm, after several pages of white knights trying to pretend it just wasn't so (showing the white knights for the disingenuous nothings they are).

And, of course, Askray closed the thread before I could respond to any of it. The act of a coward who knows he/she/it is in the wrong.

If, as Askray has now confirmed he claimed, I have threatened actual harm to anyone, I strongly recommend he/she/it take it to the legal authorities and see how that works out. He/she/it can expect to be laughed at by the police.

Shut up, white knights. You are exposed as the mindless, braying yes-men you so obviously are. If you are the community standard, no wonder Craptic thinks it can behave any way it wants to.

I look forward to any police response indicating otherwise. Until then and to reiterate, Askray needs to be removed from the moderation team for making false claims about a user as an excuse for disciplinary action. I did not say banning, in case anyone has made that claim. I said disciplinary action, not banning - for those who cannot read. In this case damage to my reputation for something I did not do, and harm to a peaceful reputation I worked a lifetime to build and maintain.
    Askray is not in the wrong, you are, raeat, by continuing to name and shame the person. Also, you continue to insult other players and not only them but also the moderators. You claim that you never threatened anyone, but is that really true that you never did it? Your posts, all of them have been pretty consistently hostile toward the mods/devs/other players. Frankly, you deserve to be punished. Askray needs to stay on and stick to their guns in this situation.

You are worried about your reputation, but what of Askray's reputation? what you're doing is exactly what you don't want Askray to do to you... so that's a two-way street.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OMG...people have been banned/muted for lesser events than this throll thread.

Really...forum posting has become the end game of STO :rolleyes:

you bet. Over here warns for forum PvP

one ban for saying the truth.

one ban for saying two times the truth.

The bans actually stacked resulting in a 8 days long ban. lol.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    C'mon, Mods! Smoke this guy and be done with it. He's never gonna change. Because he cannot help himself.
    All you're doing by dragging this out is allowing him far more attention than he really deserves.

Used to be a volunteer forum mod for another game a long time ago. This person would have been BanHammered long before now over there. I understand the cash flow angle and not wanting to tick off paying customers, but you cannot really believe this guy is spending money on STO can you? He can say he is but, as with everything else he posts, this too is highly suspect. After all the Internet is full of TRIBBLE, kitties, and liars of the worst sort.

So PermaBan him already!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, I mean the actual deity ISIS. Having to run around gathering up all the pieces of OSIRUS, is kind of a drag. All work, and no play makes ISIS a dull girl.

Oh I thought you meant the chocolate, though if I can think chocolate when something is mentioned I do:D Though I agree she does have a hard time of it to get man.
  • Options
    tribblenationtribblenation Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does anybody know if they still make Chunkies?

Yes, they do, but naturally, the size has been shrunk while the price has increased...not so 'chunky' anymore.;)
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I almost always think banning people is unneeded in almost all cases. The fact that people can simply create new accounts also makes it seem futile.

However in some cases by all means ban away. This is one of them. I would also imagine the ops writing style should be pretty easy to spot in future. By all means ban the alts later as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    dakkalvar1dakkalvar1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Askray is a petty tyrant who will abuse his "power" to punish those who dare to out him....
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dakkalvar1 wrote: »
    Askray is a petty tyrant who will abuse his "power" to punish those who dare to out him....

Ahahahahahaha
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Talk about your no-win scenario!
    And the only Accolade given would be "BANNED" if they keep pressing.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Askray is not in the wrong, you are, raeat, by continuing to name and shame the person.

We shouldn't even be talking about whether Askray was right or wrong: moderation decisions are nor up for debate. If raeat disagreed with a decision, he could have PM-ed the mod in question, or have talked to a Community Manager maybe. What he's doing here is just blatantly cruising for a ban -- for which I shall shed no tears whatsoever, nary a one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL.... Good thing Askray cannot ban accounts.

If this kind of behavior happened in the tech forum that I moderate it would be a race as to which moderator would temporarily ban an account for trolling and breaking forum rules. Then it would be a race to see which moderator would permanently ban the account if such behavior continued.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »

What he can do, however, is fire off a short PM to a Community Manager, and the ban will be a reality. The OP would be wise not to tempt his fate. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Talk about your no-win scenario!

Ah! I've seen this happen in Mechwarrior Online, too. Because Community Warfare took forever to get in the game, empty promise and failed deadline after another, the forums become the place for community warfare.

Since No-Win Scenario is retired, I guess that means it's time to recreate in the forums.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,439 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Someone higher up the chain may perform a mercy ban. It'd be cruel to allow someone to make an even bigger fool of himself than he has up until this point.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whoa there OP, turn down the psycho a bit and we can all hold hands and talk about this.

If you get warnings it's usually for a pretty good reason, usually, and if it isn't you can peacefully protest the issue, and even request that another GM/CM who is uninvolved arbitrate it.

All you seem to be doing with your current methods is trolling yourself, which we all find funny, but it isn't getting you any favors.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honor does not need to be defended. If you consistently behave with honor. All those who assail your honor will fall by the wayside. So your current behaviors are actually having the opposite effect. You are now engaging in behaviors known as 1) Whining. 2) Attention Seeking Behavior. with a touch of 3) Self Pity.

None of which is 'Honorable'. I suggest you re-think your behaviors. Good Day, Sir.
This discussion has been closed.