test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Command ships do you think is coming to C-Store or is it the Z-Store?

omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
We all know it is coming! So what ships do you think it will be? I hope the come with new skins what ever they are. I personally want to see an updated dreadnaught class ship. When federation prepare for battle they always come out with a new ship that said you messed with the wrong people. That was my first thought when I first saw Enterprise-E. Hope PWE/Cryptic give use a ship that says this.
AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-5700
RAM 32 GB
2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
Post edited by omegasprime on

Comments

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    Edit: because virus reminded me that discussing leaks are against the tos...

I am going to say... i heard rumors :) of 10 ships coming soon...:-P
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The leakers came up with another 9-pack a la the Dysons.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We all know it is coming! So what ships do you think it will be? I hope the come with new skins what ever they are. I personally want to see an updated dreadnaught class ship. When federation prepare for battle they always come out with a new ship that said you messed with the wrong people. That was my first thought when I first saw Enterprise-E. Hope PWE/Cryptic give use a ship that says this.

I dont look in the Cryptic Store anymore, but I did notice your commbadge is not in it's proper location...

So... Whatever ships it will be, it will probably be expensive.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited February 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    The leakers came up with another 9-pack a la the Dysons.

What star said... Edit: WHAT a great rumor :)

Btw congratz on the 6k forumy post
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    According to certain sources, the outlines of the Romulan ships look promising, the outlines of the Fed ships look meh, and the outlines of the KDF just look like TRIBBLE.

One Romulan ship sort of reminds me of Virgin Spaceline's Spaceship Two. The other two have a more organic bird shape as far as their outline goes. Of course, there's the possibility of them looking good on outline and being disappointing in final execution.

All 3 Fed ships look like anorexic older siblings of the Nova/Rhode Island-class if you were to take it and stretch it out into a traditional Fed cruiser shape. In other words, they really don't look like proper Command ships. But that's subject to change depending on their size and customizability.

KDF trio seems to have a Klingon style, an Orion style, and a Gorn style outline. They don't look very promising either, but that too is subject to change upon their actual size and customizability.

My real question is if each of them will have 3 Mastery traits for each Class type (Tac/Sci/Eng), or 1 trait just shared across all 3. Much less if the trait is shared across all Factions. I would assume 3 separate traits for each ship, but shared across all Factions for the same ship class (All Tac variants get the same Mastery Trait, for example). That way, Cryptic can't be accused of playing favorites, but at the same time, still indirectly encouraging collection of all 3 (not just for Consoles, but for Mastery Traits as well now).
    edited February 2015
    That would be pretty hilarious if Feds also got 2 Warbirds and 2 KDF ships by freak coding accident (such as forgetting to change the faction access identifiers to Romulan or KDF after copy-pasting the Fed versions for editing).
    edited February 2015
    Edit by... rumors be rumors
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    following Cryptic's pattern from the Delta release, it'll be 7 FEd ships, 1 KDF, 1 Romulan.

If Cryptic/PWE released the same number of ships for KDF and Romulans as they did for Fed with the intell stuff I'd say even across the board based on the leaks. Since they didn't do that, I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. Cryptic favors Feds.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3 Federation command ships
    3 Romulan command ships
    3 Klingon command ships
    Fixed for you. The 4th ship you speak of is a T5U, thus likely wont have a command station.
    KDF trio seems to have a Klingon style, an Orion style, and a Gorn style outline. They don't look very promising either, but that too is subject to change upon their actual size and customizability.
    I don't think any amount of customizability is going to be able to save the KDF ships to be honest. That said though, with the number of ships being released (compared to the Intel ships), it wouldn't half surprise me in the Command ships don't have any customizability. if any of them do, it'll likely be FED, and FED alone.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    According to certain sources, the outlines of the Romulan ships look promising, the outlines of the Fed ships look meh, and the outlines of the KDF just look like TRIBBLE.

One Romulan ship sort of reminds me of Virgin Spaceline's Spaceship Two. The other two have a more organic bird shape as far as their outline goes. Of course, there's the possibility of them looking good on outline and being disappointing in final execution.

All 3 Fed ships look like anorexic older siblings of the Nova/Rhode Island-class if you were to take it and stretch it out into a traditional Fed cruiser shape. In other words, they really don't look like proper Command ships. But that's subject to change depending on their size and customizability.

See this is why I advocate for making ships from the shows like the Galaxy competitive (or at the very least allow the skin to be toggable on new ships that Cryptic sells like the guardian the same way the Intrepid skin can be used on the Pathfinder) even though people insist "ships old, should be sub par". Fact of the matter is Cryptic isn't very adept at modeling a new trekish design from scratch and making it look good.

Most people don't come to a game called Star Trek Online to play some distorted TRIBBLE child monstrosity of a ship unrecognizable from canon. They play it to fly the iconic ships they know from the shows. Yet doing so carries with it a penalty. And besides, with 100 year old Excels and 200 year old T'varo's kicking serious TRIBBLE in the 25th century, any pretenses of "balance" or "technology progression" are basically out the window already. Might better just drop this delusional belief that this is working and just let us have fun.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    and the rom ones look very convincing ;-) also the fed ones seem to base upon the dreadnought class vengeance with differen saucer shapes. i just hope the tac one isnt the eggshaped one this time ... eww i hate (overly) eggshaped saucers. (oddy is fine ^^)

they also could be derivations of the oddyssey - its not so cleatly visible from the shapes ^^

i just hope, since they are BCs, they all come with at least the lt com tactical stations. the samsar is nice and the command spec is also, but only using HY1 / spread1 on your torp exploits is lame ^^
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, since it's a violation of the forum TOS to discuss anything Cryptic themselves have not leaked to us; I probably wouldn't be discussing anything here that a certain site might have discovered as if I were spending any time there.

I would have approached it from the position of what Cryptic themselves have leaked to us and taken it from there, yeah?

Do you have the Kobali Samsar Cruiser? Did you look at the Regenerative Integrity Field console that it comes with? Did you notice it lists a 4pc set bonus? Here, let me link an image...this is from Holodeck: http://i.imgur.com/QJDNX6q.png

So yeah, that 4pc bonus tells me the ships are going to be Command Battlecruisers. That there are three of them and each appears to have the following: Fleet Support - Tachyon Pulse - Defense :as their respective platforms, tells me that I'm probably looking at an Eng, Sci, and Tac based ship.

Then I'm going to start wondering what that Inspiration bit means...Inspirational Leader comes to mind...but then because I've been around these parts for a wee bit of time, something else jumps out at me as a thought.

I remember the introduction of the Bortasqu' and Odyssey...10 console ships in a mainly 9 console world. So I'm looking at a 4pc console set here, and I'm thinking these might just be T6 11 console boats; meaning they're Fleet-level Zen boats. Basically, these are probably going to cost at least 3500 Zen each instead of 3000 Zen. Which leaves me wondering what the pricing on a 3pack of 3500 Zen boats will be when a 3pack of 2500 Zen boats was 5000 Zen.

Then as I'm thinking about that, I think about what else came around the time of the Bort/Ody...and that was Fleet Ships themselves with Season 6. So they've said Season 10 is going to be late Spring, and there I am thinking that S10's going to be adding the Fleet T6 ships.

All because they listed a 4pc set bonus with some info on the Kobali console.

In thinking about what the ships might look like, I'm going to think about the feedback given about the Intel ships, Cryptic saying those only looked that way because they were Intel, and that other ships would look more like standard ships...so I'm going to figure them for looking like "expected" KDF, Fed, and Rom ships.

Course, since folks mentioned some other additional KDF ship there...er...I'm going to wander over to a certain site to take a look. Cause that might interesting. ;)
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Based on the 4 pc console set it is very probable be:

3 Federation ships
    3 Klingon ships
    3 Romulan ships

I'm guessing it will be announced at the end of the month or the beginning of the next month. I do miss the teased leaks they use to do for up coming ships.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope these Command ships are flagship upgrades to Tier 6 with alternate skins.

Hope springs eternal, right? ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    If Cryptic/PWE released the same number of ships for KDF and Romulans as they did for Fed with the intell stuff I'd say even across the board based on the leaks. Since they didn't do that, I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. Cryptic favors Feds.
    I'm not sure why anyone's surprised by this; the Federation WAS the most driving force between all five series, and all the movies

That's so much material to draw on - the KDF and Romulans have a lot of their canonical stuff already, and making completely new stuff is more time-consuming, to put it mildly
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I believe those new Fed ships may be based on Fuzzy Modem's Design the Next Enterprise design, which won the popular vote, with the variants sporting more of a 2410 look ala the Guardian Cruiser.
    edited February 2015
    I believe those new Fed ships may be based on Fuzzy Modem's Design the Next Enterprise design, which won the popular vote, with the variants sporting more of a 2410 look ala the Guardian Cruiser.
    Looking at those images from that competition, it does look like it could be.

If that's what they're based off of, and half as good, then those would substantially improve the possible end result.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trek21 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why anyone's surprised by this; the Federation WAS the most driving force between all five series, and all the movies

That's so much material to draw on - the KDF and Romulans have a lot of their canonical stuff already, and making completely new stuff is more time-consuming, to put it mildly

Your right, it's better if Cryptic would do what amounts to leaving the Horde without the next Tier of equipment while giving the Alliance all new top tier gear. The other factions created for the game don't really need to be kept up to speed with the one you like.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I'm not sure where you see that. I think - if they have a basis anywhere with the Design the Next Enterprise contest - that thier silhouette seems to have more to do with the 2nd place entry.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope these Command ships are flagship upgrades to Tier 6 with alternate skins.

Hope springs eternal, right? ;)

I kind of agree. After seeing how the Intrepid/Pathfinder got treated, that seemed to me like -the- thing to do.

Not to mention implementing new skins to the Odyssey/Bortas'qu could've lent those ships more customization (I'd have mentioned the scimitar, but that one isn't short on customization options).

I also thought it'd be an handy way for the ShipDevs to provide something people have been asking; an Odyssey alternate skin could've been inspired off the Typhoon-class battleship (and yet people liking the T6 features could've stuck with using the Odyssey skin and using its universal consoles, even).
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree, maybe with a non customizable kobali skin if they have to do that, but a real command federation ship might be nice.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    Your right, it's better if Cryptic would do what amounts to leaving the Horde without the next Tier of equipment while giving the Alliance all new top tier gear. The other factions created for the game don't really need to be kept up to speed with the one you like.
    If by that you think I meant 'they should only make Fed stuff', you're mistaken. And besides, I like all three factions

I'm just saying it's not a surprise that there's so much Fed stuff to draw inspiration from, whereas the KDF and RR have most of their stuff already in, so anything new has to be completely-new (which takes time to think up, plan out, edit, etc)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    umaeko wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you see that. I think - if they have a basis anywhere with the Design the Next Enterprise contest - that thier silhouette seems to have more to do with the 2nd place entry.

2nd place became the Avenger.

3rd place would be a Science ship given the secondary deflector.

4th place became the Chimera.

I wouldn't mind seeing the one that looked like a cross between the Sovvie, the Connie, and the JJ-prise. That would likely be a multifunction support cruiser given STO's overall design classifications though. I could see that one being a lighter cruiser but offset by being the first with multiple spec BO slots.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The general idea of their shape reminds me more of the Aegian-class from Armada 2.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A T6 Bird of Prey.

How's that for bold.....
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It won't be a command galaxy so.. do not care.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Apologies for posting an off-topic query, but the whole 'next Enterprise' thing passed me by - can't recall why, but I took almost no interest in it.

So how did this work? How did a design win the popular vote yet NOT make it into the game?

It wasn't a popular vote by the players, at least not in the community. A team on the Cryptic/CBS side picked the winner.

This is not a value judgement. THere was a vote whether the next story content would be about, and people did pick the Delta Quadrant, even though I always hear people that Voyager is the worst series ever (except perhaps Enterprise), so who ever would have won would have won by popular vote would not necessarily have been any better.

I think the circular "double neck" feature was something that set the ship apart and made it look interesting. Though I would have gone in a different direction when finalizing the design for the game - make the circular area a Vulcan style Warp Engine for the seperated Saucer... But of course, whether that would have actually looked good (certainly if I had done it ;) ) is also another question.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    None of the new ships are anything we've got so far.

• No T6 Birds of Prey
    • No T6 Galaxy
    • No T6 Odyssey
    • No T6 BortaS
    • No T6 Scimitar
    • No T6 Defiant
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222