Yesterdays collection results

225 total attempts

2300 score average

135 perfect scores of 2600

0 fragments
    5 shards
    150 silvers
    423 commons

25 prematurely ending attempts, for which 5 rewarded absolutely nothing!

Compared to the day prior to this one, my rare count jumped up by +750% but, this could be related to luck and, the fact that the instance I was in was quiet 90% of the time!

Compared to days prior to this since game changes, my VR count remains 0%!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess they "balanced" it out of existence.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tonight's run!

DS9 & Bajor

250+ attempts

10% or 1 in every 10 attempts automatically ended prematurely

average score of 2300

95 perfect scores of 2600

0 fragments
    0 shards
    150 silvers
    568 commons

Also, it seems the wormhole at DS9, causes either massive lag spikes or, frame rate drops enough to cause the min-game to freeze up when it closes!

If I had to grade your changes to this mini-game and, base it on the quality of its operation and rewards, you would most certainly get a big fat F-!

Garbage

Will post tongihts later on

• Options
    edited February 2015
    2-11-15 to 2-12-15 run of the night

200+ attempts w/50+ prematurely ending

2400 average score

135 perfect scores of 2600

0 fragments
    4 shards
    150 silvers
    508 commons

After running this mini-game now for the past 4 days and, combining my total attempts at just over 1000.

I can truly say, that the so called rare chance at a fragment in regards to myself, stands at a whopping 0% as of recent changes to the mini games reward system.

We were told there is supposed to be a rare chance, at obtaining either a VR fragment and/or a rare shard and, while the shard part remains true.

The likelihood of obtaining one. with high scores seems to fall within the 1% range!

This has got to be the most TRIBBLE built reward system for, what is supposed to be rare items!

The odds are equal to, if not worse than the lockbox grand prize chances!

Oh and BTW, the npc's who ask if you wish to dock as bases, keeps spamming after so long when playing this mini game as well.

Just sitting there for hours they will not spam this but, sit there playing this mini game and they will, this needs fixed as well!

• Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My stats for 4-7 days after the last patch.
    Day 4:
    66 games, 0 shards and 0 frags.

Day 5:
    76 games, 1 shard, 0 frags.

Day 6:
    73 games, 2 shards, 0 frags.

Day 7:
    75 games, 5 shards, 0 frags.

Average % for 4-7 days is ~2,76. Average % for the last week is ~2,78.
    All games below 1300 score were excluded from any of my stats.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Random observation with absolutely no scientific basis or numbers to back it up: Occasionally I TRIBBLE up or get lag and score low, about half my shards seem to come from a score of 1700. Now admittedly, I haven't played anywhere near as much as some people, but that strikes me as potentially significant.

I was tempted to have a few (READ: Lots) of runs deliberately scoring 1700 to check, but the urge to do as best I can is too much.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Random observation with absolutely no scientific basis or numbers to back it up: Occasionally I TRIBBLE up or get lag and score low, about half my shards seem to come from a score of 1700. Now admittedly, I haven't played anywhere near as much as some people, but that strikes me as potentially significant.

I was tempted to have a few (READ: Lots) of runs deliberately scoring 1700 to check, but the urge to do as best I can is too much.

The observation and, testing is in regards to the Devs statement (mainly the yellow section)!

Hey guys. We'd like to put an end to speculation over this, and instead let players just kick back and enjoy the Anniversary event, so we're going to do our best to explain today's changes to the Mini-Game. Hopefully it will set everyone's minds at ease.

When the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game went live, we began to notice a few design shortcomings in the reward structure:
    - Many players were opening the game, and not interacting with it, having come to believe that their performance in the mini-game was detached from the random rewards.
    - Earning a high score in the Mini-Game did not guarantee any sort of increase in rewards.

Today’s patch was intended to solve both of the above issues, by changing the reward structure so that earning a higher score now guarantees better rewards, making engagement in the game mean something that is easily verifiable, and always worthwhile.

The old scoring/reward system was built around random chance that gradually increased in score. But it still meant that even when earning a Perfect Score (2600) there was still a decent chance of receiving nothing more than a single Common Material.

Here is the new reward structure, based on Score, as they stand after today’s patch:

0-850 = 1 Common
    851-1300 = 2 Common
    1301-1700 = 3 Common
    1701-2000 = 1 Uncommon + 1 Common
    2001-2300 = 1 Uncommon + 2 Common
    2301+ = 1 Uncommon + 3 Common

In addition to the above guaranteed rewards, scoring anywhere above 1301 grants you an additional small chance to receive a Rare or Very Rare Material.

(All Common Traces received in all of the above rewards will match the color of the node interacted with.)
    -=-=-=-=-=-
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Systems Design
    "Play smart!"

It notes a small chance, well 1-3% roughly would be a rare & small chance indeed for the rare shards but, many people observing a complete 0% for the VR fragments, would in fact not be a small chance!

It would be no chance or, a 0% chance!

Hence the reason for my testing and, so many player(s) complaints!

And, I have the #'s to back it up with!!!

• Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stuff

I'm not doubting your figures, I'm pondering the possibility that it's <Gasp!> Bugged! As in, the possibility the greater odds are supposed to be say from 1701+ but due to a programming error, only kick in on exactly 1700. Not an uncommon type of mistake. (Of course, if it is an error that kicks in on exactly 1701, you're completely out of luck).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    I'm not doubting your figures, I'm pondering the possibility that it's <Gasp!> Bugged! As in, the possibility the greater odds are supposed to be say from 1701+ but due to a programming error, only kick in on exactly 1700. Not an uncommon type of mistake. (Of course, if it is an error that kicks in on exactly 1701, you're completely out of luck).

Yes, there is that granted possibility and, would require testing of this measure!

I am simply doing testing, for those who score higher than the 1700 region, as to show that there in fact could be a possibility with the reward system being bugged or, flawed in its handling of rewards.

I am trying to encourage other's to make the same observation and, to possibly list their own findings as well so, we can try to offer up similar results to what you are giving as an example!

If it is in fact bugged and, not handing out the possibility of VR's to scores exceeding 1700, than having hard #'s from myself and, other's alike can try to further prove it is a reality!

Than, maybe we can actually get some Dev intervention to look into it for people and, not just settle for nothing!

• Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have done it probably around 100-150 times since this change. I have received 1 purple reward though I do not remember the score.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok, after finally on 2-13-15 getting 1 VR fragment with a score of 2400 (finally), some conclusions have come to my mind!

1: Either the patch on 2-12-15, has resolved the possible issue that may have occurred, if there was really an issue.

2: The VR fragments are indeed time gated in some fashion, meaning they have created some system, that ultimately decides how many become available at a certain time period and, awarded randomly to scores above 1300.

3: The odds of achieving one of the VR fragments for a score of 1300+ at any given time, is roughly 0.1% based on initial testing.

Any one of these would seem very likely and, any one of these could be in combination with each other.

So, why the need for such restrictions if 2 and/or 3, is the culprit? This isn't the lockbox game! In fact with the odds as is, it's worse.

If 1 was the culprit, than the chance of gaining one with a high score, is now a possibility! But, doesn't sidestep the fact, that people were pretty much screwed over by a fallible program!

• Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My final stats from the "Feb 5th" patch till the end of the event:
    Completed 1903 games with score above 1300.
    Shards received - 41
    Frags received - 11

Chance of getting a shard is ~2,15%
    Chance of getting a frag is ~0,578%
    Combined chance of getting shards and frags is ~2,73%

I think that's more or less precision numbers.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1300 is low. 2300 is minimum for 3 trace and a sliver.

I only got a shard once, never a frag. I didn't play 1,000 games though, more like 100 or so.