Install Arc
Options

Crashing in busy zones

13»

Comments

• Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting crashes too (started 3 patches ago). Always seems to happen the first time I enter crystalline entity, but happens for stfs as well. Very annoying to log back in and find out you've missed the rewards. Has there been any acknowledgement of this issue?

I used to never crash out of the game, now it happens every time.
  • Options
    vandyfoxvandyfox Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The latest patch also seemed to fix most of my crashing. I still have crashed a few times transwarping, but have not crashed in my 3 times doing the Crystalline. Havent played enough to say for sure but this is alot better than crashing 20 times in a row in that stf. Have not tried any other stf or bz or anythin else yet. If I have more crashes still, ill be sure to report them here! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did a full reinstall of Arc and STO, still crashing...

I'm wondering if this is related to the hotbar lag since it started at the same time.
  • Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did a full reinstall of Arc and STO, still crashing...

I'm wondering if this is related to the hotbar lag since it started at the same time.

That is also something that I'm experiencing, skill activation lag. It takes about 1.5 sec to activate a skill now, which may not sound like much, but it is critical in fast pace action when trying to rotate skills and weapons fire is eating into your hull.
  • Options
    caiweavercaiweaver Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm having a strange problem. My paid for federation character - Joined Trill, crashes all the time. In Busy zones, in non-busy zones. It lags, it's slow, it's stuttery.

I tried my romulan character, who is a bog-standard normal free character. I've not had a single crash... Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The lag in the game, including the tray powers for its lag, and the crashes, is beyond the joke. Been playing for about 3 hrs and have had 5 crashes so far. Im about to give up on it all together. No point bringing new ships out if no one can play the game without it crashing and lagging all the time :(
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    burkerussellburkerussell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have there been any posts on a fix for this? I've now been stuck out of NW & STO for a month and I'm a bit upset that I get no response from Cryptic/Arc...
  • Options
    dreaper1985dreaper1985 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My game only launches in safe mode now and it crashes upon character selection as of 501/2015 cant even play this is TRIBBLE shot that they will fix it but hell got to report it.