Install Arc
Options

Crashing in busy zones

Comments

• Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kthang wrote: »
    As I said in another post, I think this may be due to a corrupt file in the piggs, and by that I mean from the patch. Got this error:

Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected_

Techincal Details: Corrupt pig file detected: ./piggs/texture.hogg:Texture_Library/Weapons/Wep_Gnr_Paser_Assault_02/Wep_Gnr_Phaser_Assault_02_Ns.Wtex

A force check yielded no errors, so the pigg file seems valid to the program yet the error message is there. CRC for the file: 2AF135DD

On Demand Patching turned OFF. So always got the whole patched game.

That maybe the case for you,but not for the rest of us. In your case, that might be easily fixed by trying a fresh install.
    I saw you said a force verify didnt work.
    As for me and probably the rest of us, we arent getting cryptic reports to know whats going on.
    Altho i did get a report for first time yesterday similar to that of nepsthen's, being :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 54d2ac4d
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_0e67
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce753
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0e67
    Additional Information 2: 0e67c50f5832959918ca054440db34c0
    Additional Information 3: 61f9
    Additional Information 4: 61f9414cdad1b85c9f4eb4f1fa290c33

And then it says to check online for solution or to close program.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You all did of course read this thread first: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1350061 ? This approached helped many. Both nVidia and AMD users.
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I give up.

Gameclient crashes when I try to do anything other than stand around. Crashes during load screens, crashes during PVE's, crashes during solo missions, doesn't matter just gameclient crashes all the time...

So, I give up, i'll do my daily minigame and logoff, and wait for next thursdays patch and hope that fixes it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You all did of course read this thread first: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1350061 ? This approached helped many. Both nVidia and AMD users.

didnt know about that thread, and im one who can not be bothered spending a day searching thru pages and pages in a forum looking. If it aint on the first page, then its buried :)
    However, im about to login to the game, see how it goes, if it crashes, i might try rolling back my video drivers by nearly 2 yrs lol.
    Cryptic needs to get this sorted tho as the highest priority
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    craig76 wrote: »
    didnt know about that thread, and im one who can not be bothered spending a day searching thru pages and pages in a forum looking. If it aint on the first page, then its buried :)
    However, im about to login to the game, see how it goes, if it crashes, i might try rolling back my video drivers by nearly 2 yrs lol.
    Cryptic needs to get this sorted tho as the highest priority
    That is probably because there is multiple threads about crashes and no sticky thread.

Makes one wonder why there is no sticky thread.... :rolleyes:

They should merge all crash threads to a sticky one..... and give us some answers.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    CTD upon exiting a busy zone. DS9 space to Beta Ursea map. Character was Ouzbel@nepsthen.

Fault Module Name: StackHash_22fa
    Additional Information 1: 22fa
    Additional Information 2: 22fa7e3146b2e4cc04da6de8bbdcffc7
    Additional Information 3: ad2c
    Additional Information 4: ad2c59ee4696120e3bf04e3103b429f2
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    vandyfoxvandyfox Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The older drivers did not work for me, in fact it seemed even worse. Neither did a fresh install and multiple verifys from steam and arc. The only thing I noticed was each time I crashed, Steam would validate and download 2 files every time, but I couldnt find how to tell what they were.

I refuse to make anymore changes to my pc just for the sake of STO, and anyhow I am not sure what else I can do. The lack of communication from Cryptic I am feeling means I am on my own and only a upgrade to my video card might save this situation. Always tried to be positive in the past, but lately I have lost lot faith in this game and how things are going.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    vandyfox wrote: »
    The older drivers did not work for me, in fact it seemed even worse. Neither did a fresh install and multiple verifys from steam and arc. The only thing I noticed was each time I crashed, Steam would validate and download 2 files every time, but I couldnt find how to tell what they were.

I refuse to make anymore changes to my pc just for the sake of STO, and anyhow I am not sure what else I can do. The lack of communication from Cryptic I am feeling means I am on my own and only a upgrade to my video card might save this situation. Always tried to be positive in the past, but lately I have lost lot faith in this game and how things are going.

yeah, i wouldnt get another card, cayse you will end up having the same issue. This is cryptics problem and they need to sort it out
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    That is probably because there is multiple threads about crashes and no sticky thread.

Makes one wonder why there is no sticky thread.... :rolleyes:

They should merge all crash threads to a sticky one..... and give us some answers.

i was referring to the one particular thread, but yes should be a sticky and merged. But, the thread i created lasted time on crashes got merged with a server outage thread, I have no idea why they would do that when they are 2 totally different problems lol:rolleyes:
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015

rolling back drivers didnt work
    time for cryptic to fix this problem, as i am sure some of us are sick of it crashing all the time

Edit :

So, since rolling my drivers back didnt work, i reinstalled the latest drivers. As i was doing that, i remember some time ago reading in a forum somewhere, that the 3D controller driver and the 3D driver for Nvidia were causing problems, so, upon remembering this, as i was doing the reinstall of my drivers, i done a custom install, (as i always do because i dont use geforce experience as that also caused me problems a while back, again read that in a forum somewhere too, uninstalled it, fixed problem), so all i was actually installing this time was the video drivers, and audio drivers.
    Since doing this a few hours ago, not one crash. So, if you have 3D controller and 3D drivers installed, might be worth a try in getting rid of them.
    OR cryptic looks into why our 3D drivers and game client are clashing.
    Sounds strange this might be the cause tho, as i dont play the game in 3D or in simulated 3D.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    CTD upon entering a Drozana space from the system map. Ouzbel@nepsthen.

Fault Module Name: StackHash_2226
    Additional Information 1: 2226
    Additional Information 2: 2226a9060cd71705977ca8e409f76263
    Additional Information 3: f5ed
    Additional Information 4: f5ed333f58042184b83dd5bddb0952e1
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem. All I get is a windows box coming up. Gameclient.exe has stopped working and windows checks for solutions. Been this way since ann patch.

However, after the crash all my graphics are a bit "greyed out", not as crisp. Again Niv card here also.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I wanted to crash, Crystalline Entity is the place to do it. I can no longer play this instance without the game crashing. I'm using it to test various option settings to see if anything affects the client.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    If I wanted to crash, Crystalline Entity is the place to do it. I can no longer play this instance without the game crashing. I'm using it to test various option settings to see if anything affects the client.

I am doing the exact same thing, this way I can tell if I should waste anymore time playing ;) I tried Craig's last post about not using the 3d stuff and removing the Geforce experience as well, but I still crash almost as soon as I start firing in CCA. I dont believe it is related to combat as I have crashed transwarping and just standing around doin nothing just not as often as running Crystalline. Even tho it didnt work, TY to Craig for posting your efforts. If only Cryptic would say at least you are looking into this.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Due to the constant crashing I have changed my tactics. You have no idea how upsetting it is to see people stand around on voth ground while you work. So when I work and "always" get disconnected due to a server glitch.. I have started to stand around myself. Now imagine how that makes me feel. Then that anger and rage builds up.... You are not making players happy.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's been over a week and still no word from Cryptic about this? :confused:
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm having crashes as well mostly in the dyson battle zone right before i win, the crashes seem to have impeccable timing.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I seem to have the same problem a lot of you guys are having.. If I try to do CCA it is a guaranteed crash.. Then I have random game crashes while not even doing anything more complicated than warping from point A to B.. No pattern to it other than the CCA. I have tried force verify about 5-7 times , doesn't seem to help. The game will freeze and windows will say program not responding, at which time all I can do is close it out and re-start/ re-log back in.

I am also afflicted with the disappearing boffs, this also seems to happen at random. And the latest that really BUGS me, is the delay when clicking on a boff ability/power. Hit EMP shields and by the time it kicks in , it is already too late, nuthin left to do but watch my ship get blown up :mad:
    I really wish they would hold up on any more new content and stuff and just FIX what is already in game or at least try to fix it.. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so much for removing the 3D drivers, just had another crash...it was good while it lasted.
    If this problem is anything to do with the last time we had crashes, i think it may ave something to do with the graphics ingame because resetting the graphics options ingame solved the problem for some, but not solving it this time around.This issue will only get to the point of no one being able to play if its not fixed soon:(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm crashing 1-2 times per hour on average right now, this is getting ridiculous.

Sometimes it's loading in to busy zones, sometimes during combat and sometimes just flying through sector space, there's definitely something that needs to be fixed. :mad:
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On average I crash (back to desktop) every 2 hours of gameplay. Mostly while switching maps (warping in / out of systems / sectors; beaming up / down for ground), but sometimes even without any action of mine.

As I'm running on a laptop most of the time, I'm not going to change drivers. The system is about 4 years old now. No big problems before the anniversary update. Thus I have no reason but to believe that the latest game changes have been the cause of this problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bump again. Do they even read this section anymore?
  • Options
    cosmos913967cosmos913967 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I rarely crash doing episodes or in social zones, but crash frequently in STFs and 100% of the time in Crystalline. This ruins the game for me because I need Crystalline for it's Radiogenic particles.

I hope this gets fixed soon....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Did my quick test in Crystalline. Yes still crashing! Log off.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm crashing 1-2 times per hour on average right now, this is getting ridiculous.

Sometimes it's loading in to busy zones, sometimes during combat and sometimes just flying through sector space, there's definitely something that needs to be fixed. :mad:

Same here.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ditto

yawn
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Post 2/12 patch, still crashing randomly. Would really be nice for a dev to acknowledge this issue like they did when it was happening during the WW event. Last time I tried to run ust to Dust I crashed 3-4 times before being able to complete the mission, and I am supposed to run it 3-4 times? Might take a few months to get a full set on just one character! :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Been logged in for about 2 hours now, no crashes. Surprisingly, I was able to complete CE without crashing. I'll continue to see if this holds up.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Update on my end. It seems this last patch resolved the crashing issues for me. I suspected it had something to do with the UI and maybe the "fix" for the UI resolved the crashing too.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Update on my end. It seems this last patch resolved the crashing issues for me. I suspected it had something to do with the UI and maybe the "fix" for the UI resolved the crashing too.

Glad things are finally working for you, but I am still crashing to desktop on a regular basis.