1235»

Comments

• Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've already address this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38jocm/dps_channel_update/crwerqy

TL : DR anyone could of put that there.

Sorry. Asked about proof I linked it. Didn't mean to offend you.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »

Sorry, the offence was caused by who ever posted the fake parse to have it appear on the web site.

I was just trying to be clear that although your proof shows the result of an action, it is not proof of who did it, and that we did everything we could to stop it happening again.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sorry, the offence was caused by who ever posted the fake parse to have it appear on the web site.

I was just trying to be clear that although your proof shows the result of an action, it is not proof of who did it, and that we did everything we could to stop it happening again.

Understood. Have a good summer. :)
    Galavant!
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »

I think what he meant was concrete red handed proof.

That aside, I've had encounters with players in these DPS channels, and while I wont mention names, I've noticed a laughable amount of holier than thou attitudes and over inflated egos that tend to get bruised quite easily. Not sure how anyone can get a big ego killing easy mindless NPC's quickly with specially tailored teams, but somehow it happens lol.

Mix those egos with a bunch of other similar egos and I guess this whole thing was a disaster just waiting to happen.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    There are 7500 people (who got kicked from the DPS channels) who have both motive and opportunity to do this.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I think what he meant was concrete red handed proof.

That aside, I've had encounters with players in these DPS channels, and while I wont mention names, I've noticed a laughable amount of holier than thou attitudes and over inflated egos that tend to get bruised quite easily. Not sure how anyone can get a big ego killing easy mindless NPC's quickly with specially tailored teams, but somehow it happens lol.

Mix those egos with a bunch of other similar egos and I guess this whole thing was a disaster just waiting to happen.

I already understood.
    I'll stay with the current channels, fail or not, and I hope you have a good summer too. :)
    Galavant!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Thats easy, just dont join or reject the invitation. A channel you are invited to join but you havent accepted the invite doesnt count towards your maximum channel count.

Was going to say the same thing. Not sure why people are so wound up by receiving an invite. It's not like it's intrusive in any way and as you say if you just don't reject or accept the invite it'll just sit there in your list of channels without taking up any of your channel slots and you wont have to worry about it popping up again.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are 7500 people (who got kicked from the DPS channels) who have both motive and opportunity to do this.
    Make that 7499. Being kicked from a DPS channel in a game I play for fun and camaraderie doesn't warrant that type of hostility from me. If someone wants to go on a power trip and remove me from their channel, fleet, ts, etc., it's all good. There will always be another channel, fleet, ts and eventually another game to move on to.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Drama was to be expected at some point, it happens in every day life, it happens in game guilds/fleets/etc. and, it was something bound to happen in segregated channels such as these!

It sucks but, pick the pieces back up and, put them back together again!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Make that 7499. Being kicked from a DPS channel in a game I play for fun and camaraderie doesn't warrant that type of hostility from me. If someone wants to go on a power trip and remove me from their channel, fleet, ts, etc., it's all good. There will always be another channel, fleet, ts and eventually another game to move on to.
    You do realise that the ones that kicked you were some affiliated with a splintergroup that isn't a part of the main channel anymore? This in no way was a personal attack against anybody, but against the whole league instead.

Personally i find how the whole situation has been handled by the DPS-metal guys to be nothing more then a farce. The lack of foresight simply shows their level of utter social imcompetence. Either that or an unfathomably large hubris.
    Who in their right mind would go about it the way they did? Did they think to themselfes: "We know best what all those players want, so we might aswell kick everyone and reinvite them later. You know, we're not even giving anybody a choice. Also might aswell seize the tool used to qualify for the league, because ****-it!"
    Man, my head hurts, from this display of unbelievable stupidity.
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    freenos85 wrote: »
    You do realise that the ones that kicked you were some affiliated with a splintergroup that isn't a part of the main channel anymore? This in no way was a personal attack against anybody, but against the whole league instead.

Personally i find how the whole situation has been handled by the DPS-metal guys to be nothing more then a farce. The lack of foresight simply shows their level of utter social imcompetence. Either that or an unfathomably large hubris.
    Who in their right mind would go about it the way they did? Did they think to themselfes: "We know best what all those players want, so we might aswell kick everyone and reinvite them later. You know, we're not even giving anybody a choice. Also might aswell seize the tool used to qualify for the league, because ****-it!"
    Man, my head hurts, from this display of unbelievable stupidity.

Yes, I was kicked and guess what happened next.. I was invited back so what did that really accomplish except to show just how petty "they" really are. They did what they did and sooner or later they will have to reap what they sow. In the meantime you can either behave immaturely by calling people TRIBBLE's, stupid, etc., or you can rise above it all and take the high road. I have no desire to edit a parse with hurtful disparaging remarks and upload in some show of revenge and that's why I don't count myself among those who would have "motive" to do such a thing. Instead I offered my help in the open invite TS meeting the "DPS-Numbers" guys had because that's how I choose to deal with adversity.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The DPS channel drama ends now on these forums as it's not the place for it.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.