test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official DPS League & DPS Channels Thread

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, what acronyms are you guys using for the new queues? Have you redone the shorthand for previous queues that might have been in conflict with the new? Just curious...looking to see where folks are going with the short names.

For example:

HSA

Is somebody talking about Hive Space Advanced or Herald Sphere Advanced, eh?
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could you please stop using a new avatar everyday? It irritates me :D

The one I know which is official is
    Herald Sphere: THx (x=Difficulty N=normal, A=Advanced, E=Elite)

others which are currently used, but the status are unknown to me, are:

Gates to grethor: GtGx (I guess over short or long this will be GGx)
    Brotherhood: BSx
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is it just me or is the DPS-Public channel dead quite?
  • kragg13kragg13 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    has dps been nerfed again? since the last update,my dps has been cut in half. i've heard some say it's due to lag,but i haven't been experiencing any lag at all. if so, are the dps channels going to be adjusted?
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey could we have separate tables for science and engineers? Or possibly a way to filter captain profession. Or even a true PUG section. Those would be nice features imo.
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fatman592 wrote: »
    Hey could we have separate tables for science and engineers? Or possibly a way to filter captain profession. Or even a true PUG section. Those would be nice features imo.

I'm not sure we can truly track them. I think it's technically possible, to use the log to confirm Science or Engineering Capitan. Looking at my Sci captain's log, I see my Photonic ship "pets" that Photonic Fleet provides. I can't find anything that else that only Sci captain could trigger.

As for Engineering, there are two heals that are logged, Rotate Shield Frequency, and Miracle Worker.. And I used them in my "break in to 10K" run.

I couldn't see any powers that only a Tac captain could use.

Heck, I think using one or two powers could even give away the Faction of the character.. and some ship builds would give away a Fed rom/KDF rom captain. I personally think it's going a little to far. Plus I can see it being able to be abused with deleting a character and reusing the name.

I think I feel that I can post in here now that I've broken in to 10K using a T5 Scimitar Engi with no Fleet gear and mainly Universal consoles and "dropped" weapons.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bignutter wrote: »
    I'm not sure we can truly track them. I think it's technically possible, to use the log to confirm Science or Engineering Capitan. Looking at my Sci captain's log, I see my Photonic ship "pets" that Photonic Fleet provides. I can't find anything that else that only Sci captain could trigger.

As for Engineering, there are two heals that are logged, Rotate Shield Frequency, and Miracle Worker.. And I used them in my "break in to 10K" run.

I couldn't see any powers that only a Tac captain could use.

Heck, I think using one or two powers could even give away the Faction of the character.. and some ship builds would give away a Fed rom/KDF rom captain. I personally think it's going a little to far. Plus I can see it being able to be abused with deleting a character and reusing the name.

I think I feel that I can post in here now that I've broken in to 10K using a T5 Scimitar Engi with no Fleet gear and mainly Universal consoles and "dropped" weapons.

Yeah it's kind of more of a curiosity. My main is a Sci captain that solidly gets 30k+ in a Dauntless, I'd kind of like to see where I stand with other Sci captains.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kragg13 wrote: »
    has dps been nerfed again? since the last update,my dps has been cut in half. i've heard some say it's due to lag,but i haven't been experiencing any lag at all. if so, are the dps channels going to be adjusted?

The has been no recent nerf. It's the lag and the resulting ability misfires.
    I can be doing 50K+ dps on a miraculously lag-free run (VERY rare)...and then down 25K the next laggy run. It has been like this for a while (since anniversary) but it got even worse in the last month or so.
    DPS parsing is almost impossible at the moment with all the lag and resulting glitches.
    fatman592 wrote: »
    Yeah it's kind of more of a curiosity. My main is a Sci captain that solidly gets 30k+ in a Dauntless, I'd kind of like to see where I stand with other Sci captains.

You can find the top DPSers by profession here: http://dps.shivtr.com/

Not sure if there is a full table somewhere though.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sf911 wrote: »
    The has been no recent nerf. It's the lag and the resulting ability misfires.

Lag was implemented by the Devs as a way to counter powercreep and especially limit the DPS of us wizards :D
  • mercialenmercialen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Quick question, I'm really bad with Acronyms and I was wondering if anyone happens to have / know of / willing to provide a list of current PvE mission acronyms. I'm not sure how I've managed to go for years playing this game without picking a good number of them up but I have. I recently started parsering using channel settings and found myself in the channel. It's great being able to work with professionals but I feel like a noob for not knowing what the heck NTTE or BHE means. Even being pointed in the right direction would be extremely appreciated, and apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    have a *very* dumb question about DPS10K.

I got an invite yesterday, I accepted it, I've tagged it with a colour and have it showing on my chat tabs.... but I can't figure out the magic command to actually *chat* in it. I try /DPS-10000 and there's no such channel. /DPS-10,000 is "no such channel /DPS-10" .

"/channel_setcurrent DPS-10000" gives no error but doesn't change live channel.
    "/channel_setcurrent DPS-10,000" gives "takes only one argument" because the comma borks the parser.

"DPS-10K" also doesn't work.

I can't right-click on the channel in chat, I can't find an option in the channel options.

I can run 16K on a sci captain and more on a tac, but I can't find the chat command to actually talk in channel.
    Help a noob-to-DPS-channels out? What's the command to set chat to actually go to the channel?

EDIT: Chat config button next to chat bar, --> Set Channel --> DPS-10,000. Solved!

I never actually used anything other than the keyboard shortcuts for that before.
  • kragg13kragg13 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    at least you got an invite. i submitted a 16k parse last friday morning and have gotten no response at all. glad to hear you got your problem solved. hope to cya in there soon. :-)
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Just managed:
    CombatLogReader—Infected Space[9:41] Etilen Ben 5,229,930(12,571)
    Mostly from high partigens.

Up from 11.2k a few days ago :)
    Congrats, I've been working on my P-Gen Sci/Sci build, can't wait to see how it parses when it's completely done.
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    How'd you get on?

Just improved mine and hit:
    CLR- Infected Space[6:47]— Dmg(DPS) Etilen Ben 3,384,264(13,324)
    I was able to do a quick queue ISA this afternoon and did the following;

CLR- Infected Space[13:03]— Dmg(DPS) T'Varr 15,888,822 (20,422.65)
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    felisean wrote: »

The Original DPS League is NOT GOING AWAY.

Want to know what is going on here??

A group of 5-6 players split and trying to form their own league. Which is perfectly fine. But, how they went about it is totally uncalled for and quite cowardly and underhanded.

THEY WENT ON TRIBBLE DURING PATCH AND KICKED EVERYONE OUT OF THE ORIGINAL DPS CHANNELS. THEN SENT INVITES TO THEIR NEW CHANNELS IN AN ATTEMPT TO CONFUSE EVERYONE.

They essentially took 2 years of hard work and violated my trust in allowing them to be admins and ruined my channels by kicking everyone. Do you really want to be part of that group?

The good news is, that you WILL get your invites back within a day or so. So simply ignore what the Germans have done and recognize how they went about it--underhanded and childish.

So, just chill and all will be back in order as it should be--once we can log in and resend the invites (again, it should take less than a day).

Porch Song
  • jrdragonettijrdragonetti Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    wow, i thought there was something fishy going on,
    i seem to have dps-bronze and dps-silver on my channels instead of 10 and 30k, im guessing these are the offending ones.

I wish you luck and my sympathy having to go through this daunting task of re-adding everyone
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To clarify this.
    These Channels are NOT longer supported by Combatlogreader and the DPS-League.
    The supported chans are DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold and DPS-Diamond.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    felisean wrote: »
    To clarify this.
    These Channels are NOT longer supported by Combatlogreader and the DPS-League.
    The supported chans are DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold and DPS-Diamond.

To Clarify this.

DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold and DPS-Diamond are NOT the DPS League Channels. They are an offshoot channels where they are tricking people into joining.

And yes, no-one is supported by CombatLogReader. It is a parser. We can still use it as we always have.

BUT, the DPS League was created by @agressiel and me. They have no right to that name, etc.

More importantly, they are the ones who are spreading lies (we have a 3 hour admin meeting that was recorded), so we have our proof--and we will release if need be.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi porch, good to see you clarifying all this. Cheers.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    porchsong wrote: »
    To Clarify this.

DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold and DPS-Diamond are NOT the DPS League Channels. They are an offshoot channels where they are tricking people into joining.

And yes, no-one is supported by CombatLogReader. It is a parser. We can still use it as we always have.

BUT, the DPS League was created by @agressiel and me. They have no right to that name, etc.

More importantly, they are the ones who are spreading lies (we have a 3 hour admin meeting that was recorded), so we have our proof--and we will release if need be.

last time i've checked it, the DPS-League was part of the Combatlogreader. And both owned by the same person.

=> since the combatlogreader doesnt support these chans anymore, its the same for the dps-league.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are those logs based on channel membership or on uploaded parses? Coz I got my 10k invite right out of a parsed pug with an admin and never uploaded a parse.

An invite back would be much appreciated.

@vocmcp

Edit: Been helped out. Cheers.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Folks, I get there is some issues going on with channels and the likes however putting names out there isn't allowed and also this isn't the place to start releasing logs or anything of the such.

I understand that these channels have been around for a bit and have a great following and what has occurred needs to be reviewed by the owners of these channels but let's leave the "drama" off the forums.

Thanks.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• grimmhazzardgrimmhazzard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree with the super mod on this the forums should be kept civil as long as possible. I would like to schedule an interview with the owner of CLR and the DPS League to see the full picture of what has happened, and what the potential future can be for the dps community in STO on stream setting at separate times of course, as a news for gamers cast becasue this does affect more then just the people here.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I agree with the super mod on this the forums should be kept civil as long as possible. I would like to schedule an interview with the owner of CLR and the DPS League to see the full picture of what has happened, and what the potential future can be for the dps community in STO on stream setting at separate times of course, as a news for gamers cast becasue this does affect more then just the people here.

If any actual dps-admins are reading this, please don't.

I appreciate that you're telling the members what's going on. I'm sorry this thing happened. But please don't blow it up past this.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just agree to disagree and come back to the number channels...

Separating everyone is harmful for the community and unfair to all the players who have nothing to do with any of this, and just want a good place to pick up groups to do runs.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • kaspa000kaspa000 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey Porch, can i get back into the 10k and 30k please. @kaspa000, not in the mood for anymore "changes" right now. idk what is going between people and frankly it's none of my business. I do not appreciate being kicked so whoever did that is a shady individual.
    Who made the pool yellow? :confused:
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, uh, dafuq happened between you two groups, A collision of egos?

Anyway, this sucks for us channel users too now. The naming convention of Silver, Gold, Diamond, actually sucks quite hard, it sounds cheesy imo. Also since @omegashoker created CLR and is obviously german and supported this coup d'etat by having the new channels linked to his parser, what are you guys going to do about making/getting a new one?
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, uh, dafuq happened between you two groups, A collision of egos?

Anyway, this sucks for us channel users too now. The naming convention of Silver, Gold, Diamond, actually sucks quite hard, it sounds cheesy imo. Also since @omegashoker created CLR and is obviously german and supported this coup d'etat by having the new channels linked to his parser, what are you guys going to do about making/getting a new one?

The full story is here with additional details by sarcasm:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38jocm/dps_channel_update/

Down the page it is explained there's a few weeks until a new parser is out:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38jocm/dps_channel_update/crvt643

As an outsider who follows your community and appreciates all the help and advice you provide, let me offer my best wishes both to the Admins and to all the people who just want to team and have fun. I hope this all gets sorted amicably and you can get back to the fun bit.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys just need to have an "old vs new" PvP match to settle it :D
This discussion has been closed.