test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reaching Tier 5 of Delta Rising Rep-System.

coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
On the New Years day I should be at Tier 5 on Fed then following him ROM and KDF. I was wondering how many are at Tier 5 and have completed the 100,000 point quest?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
Post edited by coolheadal on

Comments

• Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nope, not even close. :P

I don't even know what gear you can get from Delta. The wiki hasn't been updated with that info yet :P
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I completed mine two weeks ago. Needless to say, the 32k dilithium was quite low compared to the gear cost requirements, not to mention crafting upgrades. :P
    karlbarb wrote: »
    Nope, not even close. :P

I don't even know what gear you can get from Delta. The wiki hasn't been updated with that info yet :P

It's not? Huh, that's odd. I'll see if I can update the info once the server goes back up.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If the game was up and if there is an accolade/date sort of thing, could tell you when it happened. Without sponsorship, it's around a month or so to do, no? So probably back in mid-November. They really sped things up for doing them...hit up a single daily box and you're done for the day with all the Marks you need to advance it.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2014
    Finished mine a couple weeks ago… I personally like the ground set, the weapon has that secondary setting that gives orbital strike… amazing! Love it…
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You don't get any Ancient Power Cells with it so I didn't really care all that much when I hit T5 in Delta.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I completed mine two weeks ago. Needless to say, the 32k dilithium was quite low compared to the gear cost requirements, not to mention crafting upgrades. :P

32k is stil better than the 8k my last two characters got for hitting t5 omega.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No Ancient Power Cells. Likely because being forced to play Bug Hunt some more helped their metrics.

I refused, they can bite me.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    32k is stil better than the 8k my last two characters got for hitting t5 omega.

Different Reps have different rewards.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System/Rewards

Like much of the DR stuff, that hasn't been updated to reflect DR stuff.

To me, that's been the most telling thing...stuff always used to go up fast, even if it was just red links. DR...yeah...no.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Different Reps have different rewards.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System/Rewards

Like much of the DR stuff, that hasn't been updated to reflect DR stuff.

To me, that's been the most telling thing...stuff always used to go up fast, even if it was just red links. DR...yeah...no.

I know. Just saying' why complain about 32k when it could have been much less.

Or as monty python liked to point out "worse things happen at sea you know". ^.^
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It was only 8k (9?) because Omega only gives enough Marks for a piece of the Ground set. The cost in Marks for a Space Set item is either 900 or 1000 and they wouldn't want to give that out (they should have reduced the cost to 750 like every other set when they redid the Reputations).

I believe that Counter-Command dis not give out the Isomorphic Injections at T5 either but you would hardly notice because they dropped like 4 for successful completion of killing all three Planet Killers (3) and defeat of the Voth Fleet in the aftermath.

For Delta it is behind the possible failure on not making the Optionals from Advanced Queues. You can get some from the Daily or Hourly Rep projects but not nearly enough to buy sets. You need to do the Queues on Advanced or Elite to get them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    For Delta it is behind the possible failure on not making the Optionals from Advanced Queues. You can get some from the Daily or Hourly Rep projects but not nearly enough to buy sets. You need to do the Queues on Advanced or Elite to get them.

On my run up through T5 for Delta rep I got one whole power cell from the daily boxes.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    It was only 8k (9?) because Omega only gives enough Marks for a piece of the Ground set. The cost in Marks for a Space Set item is either 900 or 1000 and they wouldn't want to give that out (they should have reduced the cost to 750 like every other set when they redid the Reputations).

I believe that Counter-Command dis not give out the Isomorphic Injections at T5 either but you would hardly notice because they dropped like 4 for successful completion of killing all three Planet Killers (3) and defeat of the Voth Fleet in the aftermath.

I thought it was less because of 10 BNP's.

On delta just do bug hunt, it never fails.
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i assume you mean delta rep t5, not the specializations. i managed to unlock a starship trait this week on my intel spec, but i'm nowhere near done. i've maxed out all the rep. it was actually fairly easy. i'm disappointed about the lack of 32k dilithium payout for omega though.

is bug hunt the best way to get goodies for delta? i have marks for all of these out the wazoo (especially dyson). i WISH there was an option to pay more marks/BNP's/Cybernetic implants/ancient power cells/etc--instead of paying dilithium. main toon has ~300k unrefined...a large chunk of it from completing all the t5 rep--and i can't get enough to spend.

meanwhile, i have 200 voth cybernetic implants and 3000 dyson marks. and that's just 1 rep.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Completed mine about a month ago ( just my main rom ), was just a bit meh when i completed it.
    Word is that they should be putting power cells into the kobail adventure zone, this will be a very good decision for new players/alts.
  • Options
    asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup, made it last night. All my reps are now tier 5 yay.

More dil for me to spend.
  • Options
    leyvinleyvin Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i assume you mean delta rep t5, not the specializations. i managed to unlock a starship trait this week on my intel spec, but i'm nowhere near done. i've maxed out all the rep. it was actually fairly easy. i'm disappointed about the lack of 32k dilithium payout for omega though.

is bug hunt the best way to get goodies for delta? i have marks for all of these out the wazoo (especially dyson). i WISH there was an option to pay more marks/BNP's/Cybernetic implants/ancient power cells/etc--instead of paying dilithium. main toon has ~300k unrefined...a large chunk of it from completing all the t5 rep--and i can't get enough to spend.

meanwhile, i have 200 voth cybernetic implants and 3000 dyson marks. and that's just 1 rep.

I must admit it's been a while since I finally decided to bother completing Omega when they brought all the Reps in-line with each other... but some of the info about the lack of 32k Dilithium and 750 Marks that you are given for Tier 5 completion occurs on ALL Reputations.

What I can't recall though is if any Secondary or Sponsored reduce it to 500 Mark and 8k Dilithium, but to be honest it doesn't matter if it does; as a Daily Run of Dyson is 4,750 Dilithium (direct) then 3-5 Implants (1,000 Dilithium Each) and then 350 - 650 Marks (500 Dilithium per 50) meaning generally you can melt down a total of like 15k Dilithium per Day; which takes about an hour, then you can also take another 45-60min to do the 8472 Space that provides a further 9k when also melted down.

Frankly earning Dilithium isn't as big an issue as actually being able to use it, as that 8k per day Ore > Refined is a pain in the rear. Heck as a Veteran suppose to be able to due a Duty Officer task for another 1,000 per day; but the damn thing is ONLY available at Starfleet Academy and is a 48hr assignment; so it only works out to an extra 500 per day while taking up a DOFF slot.
    Barely worth the hassle to be honest.

/---/

When it comes to Delta Rep though, I should hit T5 Friday; not that I care much.
    It isn't because the Gear is bad... actually pretty great stats wise, but the fact is that earning any sense of reasonable Delta Marks like Levelling is basically held for ransom behind either tedious grind in the 'Official' areas or grinding out the STFs that offer 'Choice of Marks' (primarily the new ones), which are frankly an unentertaining prospect to me.

Was bad enough having to grind them out for Omega/MACO Gear, and prior to Dyson where they were the only real means of gaining Dilithium at a reasonable speed.

Still as the Elites have basically been damage sponge expanded, the inclusion of the broken Advanced, and Normal still giving absolutely nothing ... not to mention the fact they're still boring as all hell to run, it'll likely be a while before I actually have any of the Gear; as the earning pace on Kobali or the Patrols (outside of the +50 Daily Bonus) is so damn slow that continents move quicker.

Don't get me wrong here, technically Dyson Ground / Space can also be a grind; but they're actually to some degree entertaining with a reasonable pay-out for those who prefer to play casually like myself. Compared to the other Adventure Zones that are dull as watching paint dry, with their pathetic pay-out pace; well makes you wonder why bother regardless how good the sets are.

If Cryptic actually want me to play a certain aspect of the game, they should make the damn thing fun to actually be involved with. How they can go from the Dyson stuff (which was a step I the right direction, not exactly perfect but a good move forward) to Delta which felt like 20 paces backways like Nukura is beyond me.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's time to update reputation tiers and rewards to make them more consistent:

Ground equipment (shield-weapon-armor-3xkit variants): 250 marks, 5000 dill each, 50k EC, Tiers 1, 2, 4, 5
    Universal Kit module: 125 marks, 2500 dill, 25k EC, Tier 3
    Space weapon set (projectile-console-weapon): 500 marks 10k dill each, 100k EC, Tiers 1, 3, 5
    Space equipment set (Deflector-Impulse-core-3xshield variants): 750 marks, 15k dill, 150k EC, Tiers 2, 3, 4, 5
    Elite hangar pet: 500 marks 10k dill 50x3 R&D mats (different mats) 10 doffs (not consumed) 100k EC tier 5

Tier 5 reward: 1 Boff (choose career) 25k dill 250k EC 1000 marks

Daily reward: 60 marks
    Hourly project: 15 marks, Rewards 250 reputation
    Daily project: 30 marks, Rewards 2500 reputation
    Tier 1: 3000 rep
    Tier 2: 9000 rep
    Tier 3: 30000 rep
    Tier 4: 60000 rep
    Tier 5: 90000 rep

Removed: ancient power cells, borg cortical whateveriscalled, isomorphic injections, voth implants
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    Removed: ancient power cells, borg cortical whateveriscalled, isomorphic injections, voth implants

How will you force players into borked queues to pad your metrics without APCs?
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Liberate them from the bork?

:P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2015

With better rewards, some queues have an stupidly low amount of mark reward, I got 16 marks by successfully completing atmospheric assault.

22 by completing the breach (best PvE queue ever, it's like taking on the death star, you get inside the voth fortress then destroy the core then scape before exploding, it's ****ing awesome) with all optional objectives.

They gave me 50 marks for completing borg disconnected with all optionals (including killing the 3 dreadnoughts within one minute of the first), no single borg killing torpedo landed, all borg ships saved (56), nobody died (except the enemy) and all I got was 50 marks (and a lot of accolades).

• Normal STF: 50 Marks (without optionals), 250 dill, Rare (blue) MK XII random item, normal queue R&D mats, 5000 xp and expertise.
    • Advanced STF: 100 Marks (without optionals), 500 dill, Very rare (purple) MK XII random item, Advanced queue R&D mats, 10000 xp and expertise.
    • Elite STF: 150 Marks (without optionals) 750 dill, ultra rare (ultraviolet) MK XII random item, 2xAdvanced queue R&D mats of your choosing (can pick any R&D box: Trellium-K, radiogenic particle, plekton, dentarium, etc), 15000 xp and expertise.

Extra marks, xp and dill based on average completion time compared to the fastests STF queue.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    coolheadal wrote: »
    On the New Years day I should be at Tier 5 on Fed then following him ROM and KDF. I was wondering how many are at Tier 5 and have completed the 100,000 point quest?

Been there for a month or two now.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Should be there on my second alt this week, sponsor helps bunches
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If Cryptic actually want me to play a certain aspect of the game, they should make the damn thing fun to actually be involved with. How they can go from the Dyson stuff (which was a step I the right direction, not exactly perfect but a good move forward) to Delta which felt like 20 paces backways like Nukura is beyond me.

Yeah, this is my question too. We got:

-Dyson (S8):
    Fun ground battlezone, and TWO space adventure zones that are actually interesting to poke around at once in a while, plus a great set and a reasonable grind pace. Oh, and The Breach. Awesome mission. Also, while there were far too few missions for the Dyson arc, every single one was very well-made and exciting to run, even the second time. Overall, it and its subsequent .5 update seemed to compose an entire new expansion, albeit a small one.

-8472 (S9):
    Neat space battlezone, kind of like Dyson ground but with a Voth fluffball stage at the end. Messing with the fluffball using Gravity Well is fun. Neat Undine ship revamp, albeit with annoying bioplasma bubbles that are kind of stupid. And, the reuse of Bajor for an Undine infiltration-related mission was a really good reuse of a relatively-useless map. If my memory serves me, we got the much-needed trait balance here, too, and some key new systems for (good) monetization. Oh, and the new ESD. How could I forget that? Over all, a good season.

...Then, we get to Expansion 2. Dilithium Rising? Delta Grinding? Maybe Hell's a-Rising? Oh, yeah, right... "Delta Rising."
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wish Romulan rep required Romulan Research for gear. I have like 200 of those in my bank and i can only use at a rate of 4 per day on doff mission. :(
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    About a few days ago with my KDF main & generated a sponsoship token for my fed main; but have not started it there.

I just stoppend minding the rep-system much after its revamp.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I reached this on my main character a couple of weeks ago. If the Dilithium reward was 50,000 like the rest of the reputations then I might consider reaching this on my Alts.

Once again I have to ask why Cryptic cares how much unrefined Dilithium we have, when we can only refine a certain amount per day? There's no logic behind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finished it weeks ago... and thanks to the stupid bunny-pigs from the winter land, I have plenty of marks to spare too.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've finished Delta rep on my three main toons already... might, someday, get around to getting the gear, might not.

The problem is the scarcity of Ancient Power Cells, whose only regular source is yet another "there are aliens, go kill them" grind zone. These things are boring. And I've got plenty of good gear already, so I don't feel any great urgency about going off to be bored, just to get some more.

I'm a morbid completist, so I'll probably get round to it eventually. But, then, I said that about the Undine gear... the space set projects are queued up in my rep screen, have been for months... probably will be for a few months more. Because getting the marks means, mostly, Undine battlezone, and it's a go-there-and-kill-everything grindfest, and those are boring.

I sometimes wonder how many actual players are in these zones, as opposed to professional gold farmers from The Sites Which Must Not Be Named. Because these grindfests seem ideal for them.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    coolheadal wrote: »

Completing the rep is easy, especially if you're doing any of the patrols. The daily bonus is what always gives me the most of my marks. I've done it on three character so far, the three I have been constantly playing since Delta Rising.

The bigger challenge is getting the gear.

The only way to get the Ancient Power Cells are Advanced or Elite Queues, and my runs have just not been succesful. I guess I could do more Bug Hunt Advanced.

I am afraid the new difficulty levels combined with completely new missions were too much - at least at first. People don't really know yet what they have to do to beat the missions, and often their builds or gear is insufficient.

Omega, Dyson and Undine are the only others that required "Special Marks" like the Ancient Power Cells, and Dyson and Undine have their wonderful Battle Zones, and Omega always had Infected Elite (now Advanced) going for it, that was easy to and fast to complete and very puggable (at least after 1-2 years in its current state and all the power creep since then.)

Maybe Disconnected and the like will also be in that state in 2 years. But meanwhile, a good and fun "Power Cell" grind source seems unavailable.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Before I took my Christmas time break from STO (family comes first), I was at the midway point and had 20 APC from BHA. I actually played three or four extra BHAs due to catastrophic fails that ran out of time at the end. I must say that BHA is probably one of the better grounds to play in Advance, but I have stayed away from Borg Disconnected Advanced since so many Space STFs are now geared for failure when doing PuG (yes, I know there are better teams through the channels, but I liked the additional challenge I had with the old elite when doing PuG, and I don't have time to wait for a team...which makes most of the team play... unplayable). I must say the the fun will be greatly dimissed with a lousy end of Rep reward, but that, unfortunately, is now expected from new content. If all the Advanced were like the old elite with just a fraction more challenge, then most players would have been satisfied, and the hardcore would have flocked to the new (ultra) Elite versions. Of course Standard (old Normal) could use some reward plussing and other items... but that is a different story.

I will finish BHA on my current toon, since this is my lead toon that has all the other Reps completed and then I get the double reward for the others (if I think about doing this again), but DR and the other Reps have all lost their luster after the changes and nerfs... which is counter-productive for any hope of getting players to rejoin the end-game content.... :rolleyes: