What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Argala sound like an exploit

124»

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hevach wrote: »
    Exploit no, but blatantly abusive maybe.

Complete mockery of the game certainly.

The fact that people flock to it to the exclusion of all other content and STILL don't progress at a meaningful rate without a double xp bonus should be pretty telling.
    As the saying goes, "in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". I think that fit well in this case.
    We don't do Argala/Gerren because it's the best or close to be adapted. We do that because everything else is worse.

When you're fed with scraps of food, an half rotten apple is a feast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    hevach wrote: »
    Exploit no, but blatantly abusive maybe.

Complete mockery of the game certainly.

The fact that people flock to it to the exclusion of all other content and STILL don't progress at a meaningful rate without a double xp bonus should be pretty telling.

erei1 wrote: »
    We don't do Argala/Gerren because it's the best or close to be adapted. We do that because everything else is worse.

This is exactly the point why people are flocking to both the Argala and Gerren systems. Hell I'd rather be running STF's and other queues but since they XP they award is so poor, then if I want to earn spec points at a reasonable rate then its those two patrols that I'll run repeatedly. So far I've managed to grind out 28 spec points which total around 500 patrol missions with the event, and over a thousand with out it. Now look how much everything else pays out and do the math. Because many people have and we're being herded where Cryptic want us to go.
    staq16 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that 6 months down the line, when the onus on justifying DR has gone, we'll see a CXP revamp that will balance things out.

If Cryptic had left well enough alone then there would be no need to rebalance anything and thus they could be spending the time wasted making a balance pass on something else. And to be honest I'm surprised they havent increased the cost requirements for each tier we advance up a tree.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to see a 10 minute cooldown put on all patrol missions, just so I could sit back and observe the forum foaming at the mouth...

But no, on a more serious note, perhaps introduce a wrapper mission of 5 random Delta Quadrant patrols with a healthy experience and/or dilithium payout Stick a fair sized (4 hour plus) cooldown on it so it isn't abused too badly, and see if that helps.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    I'd like to see a 10 minute cooldown put on all patrol missions, just so I could sit back and observe the forum foaming at the mouth...

But no, on a more serious note, perhaps introduce a wrapper mission of 5 random Delta Quadrant patrols with a healthy experience and/or dilithium payout Stick a fair sized (4 hour plus) cooldown on it so it isn't abused too badly, and see if that helps.

Something like the Klingon Pi Canis Daily Mission Wrapper (Pi Canis Sorties/Way of the Warrior)? Give each patrol a bonus objective that counts toward the "wrapper" if completed?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited January 2015
    Something like the Klingon Pi Canis Daily Mission Wrapper (Pi Canis Sorties/Way of the Warrior)? Give each patrol a bonus objective that counts toward the "wrapper" if completed?

Its been a long time since I did those missions (Had to check ingame to remember exactly what they were), but yes! Almost exactly that, but with the patrols you have to do being random.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Its been a long time since I did those missions (Had to check ingame to remember exactly what they were), but yes! Almost exactly that, but with the patrols you have to do being random.

Why would it only have to be Delta? Hell, why should only Delta Patrols provide good XPs while everything else, to include Advanced & Elite queued missions, suck balls for XPs?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    Believe me OP, I do not WANT to grind Argala over and over again. But I have to, because the devs refuse to do a balance pass of the XP rewards for all existing PvE content, especially queues.

I do not want to grind out the same mission over and over, so I don't. Where it has got me is a lv 54, a lv 52, and 6 spec points.
    By the way, my sig is gonna be a do-over, after this post.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why would it only have to be Delta? Hell, why should only Delta Patrols provide good XPs while everything else, to include Advanced & Elite queued missions, suck balls for XPs?
    Sure ,I see no need to focus this on one particular type of patrols - though if you actually want a thematic wrapper mission, you may need mutliple ones, and you could just as well start with Delta Rising.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited January 2015

Because that's the path Cryptic have chosen to take. My suggestion would keep to that path, but add some variation and stop people from going on about how they are chained to their desk, and forced to run Argala 216 times a day under the slathering gaze of a rabid Lethean.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Someone shared the mission replay with me, but I'm not playing it myself...every time I log-on, I share it with whoever wants it, just to stick two fingers up at the powers that be ;-)