test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Argala sound like an exploit

lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
It is awarding more XP than anywhere else, why else is everyone flocking over there like sheep?

If they nerf Argala, then buff the ques, that would scatter the sheep from Argala, and walk them to the "not dead" ques.

C'mon Cryptic, shepherding is so fun, come and join in!
Post edited by lystent on

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, no, they want you grinding one of the Delta patrols. That gives them a metric of players "enjoying" DR content.
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Argala gives so much exp because there's so much to kill. Get over it.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    It is awarding more XP than anywhere else, why else is everyone flocking over there like sheep?

Lack of knowledge...part of that whole paranoid thing from that one thread discussing the toxicity of the community and the reluctance to share things. Folks are still running Argala cause nobody's told them about anywhere else that might be better for them and they haven't bothered to look for themselves.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reward XP for completing delta patrols are the same. Argala is just more quick and straightforward. Other patrols like Ram Izad are much faster but there are fewer ships to gain XP and loot from.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    Argala gives so much exp because there's so much to kill. Get over it.

Some of us cannot play some of our favorite ques, get over it.

Also, Argala enemies reward more XP than que enemies, and the end of mission XP reward for the ques is no better than pitiful. And because XP is the new fad now, some people don't want to play the ques, they want to grind obsessively at Argala.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    get this nerf and it may back fire in your face
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited December 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Reward XP for completing delta patrols are the same. Argala is just more quick and straightforward. Other patrols like Ram Izad are much faster but there are fewer ships to gain XP and loot from.

Argala provides ~180-190% the SP that Gerren provides me.
    Argala takes ~267%+ as long as Gerren takes me.

So in around the time that it takes me to run 3 Argala I could have run 8 Gerren.

3 * 1.9 = 5.7

5.7 < 8

It's going to depend on the player and their build. I know folks where Gerren is only slightly better, and so they'd rather run Argala than deal with the tedium of running Gerren over and over again. Know other folks where Argala is actually better than Gerren for them.

That's just comparing two things...folks can take a look at what their SP is before doing something and after doing something to see how much SP they get from it, while taking a look at how long it takes, break it all down - work in the fun factor...and decide what they want to run, eh?

Even though Gerren would be much faster for me, meh, it's just so freaking tedious...it's too fast, so doing it over and over again is just a mix of loading screens, a bit of a dialogue clickfest, hit the spacebar a few times, and then doing it again over and over...so I might still run the odd Argala here or there while doing other stuff.

Guess I'm just not in any sort of hurry of late...
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Also, Argala enemies reward more XP than que enemies, and the end of mission XP reward for the ques is no better than pitiful. And because XP is the new fad now, some people don't want to play the ques, they want to grind obsessively at Argala.

....tb;dc. Quit whining. A lot of us can't do at we WANT to do.
    edited December 2014
    ....tb;dc. Quit whining. A lot of us can't do at we WANT to do.

And another attempt to dismiss a legit complaint as a whine.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Are you trying to speak Spanish to us? The word is queue. Rhymes with Q. Not que.
    edited December 2014
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Are you trying to speak Spanish to us? The word is queue. Rhymes with Q. Not que.

Cannot care less; must try...
    edited December 2014
    Cannot care less; must try...

You can do it. I believe in you, es
    edited December 2014
    You can do it. I believe in you, es
    edited December 2014
    Even if the various queues were potentially a better source of SP, that's no guarantee that you'd have more pops of those queues. I'm not hitting up any of the Advaned/Elite queues outside of CCA because I'm flying a goofball lolboat that I don't want to punish anybody else with my showing up in it...it's fine if I'm off doing whatever if I'm flying by myself, I'm not going to inflict that on others. Take a look around the forums, most folks don't appear to have that problem...do you really want them to share that with you?
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not an exploit OP. Cryptic nerfed XPs for patrols elsewhere while increasing Delta Patrol XPs. They were quite specific and precise about it.

For example, comleting Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced barely nets you over 1.2k XPs (including kills). Completing a single Patrol in Delta Quadrant on Normal nets you a completion reward of 5k xps. This was increased. Originally a Delta Patrol rewarded 2.5k XPs on completion. Cryptic then doubled it to the current 5k XPs. That's EXCLUDING the kill XPs. In the same CCA instance, killing a 700k hull Recluse nets you almost 80 XPs. Killing a Kazon Cruiser in Normal Argala Patrol nets you about 270-something XPs.

It's clear where the devs want you to be at. Maybe so "The Metric" looks better than what it really would be because it forces you that way to get any decent XPs in this Nerfville of a game.

Players have been milking Delta Quadrant Patrols since Tau Dewa Patrols got nerfed. Frankly because any active playing method nets you so little XPs. The same way Cryptic figures out too many people were playing Tau Dewa Patrols to level, they nerfed it ASAP before the weekly patching. They nerfed it, shut it down while the server was still up, while people were still playing. They got their "Metric" and acted upon it quickly.

But not so with Delta Quadrant Patrols.

In addition, it doesn't help that story missions that oftenly run far longer than a Patrol nets you less XPs. It doesn't help either that story mission replays grant even LESS XPs.

It's not an exploit OP. Cryptic made it that way.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited December 2014
    Not an exploit OP. Cryptic nerfed XPs for patrols elsewhere while increasing Delta Patrol XPs. They were quite specific and precise about it.

It's not an exploit OP. Cryptic made it that way.

And I am GLAD that they even gave us that...
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And I am GLAD that they even gave us that...

Frankly, I just wish the XP rewards in general are decent instead of shoehorning things into 1 slot to support "The Metric."
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited December 2014
    Something to consider about the SP rewards in CCA is just how many folks are hitting the targets and how much of the overall reward you're receiving from it. It's like you could farm in the Dyson/Voth Space Battlezone, to get a certain amount - flying in a low pop zone never capturing any points...somebody could show up and get some shots in - drastically cutting down the SP you got. Is something like that taking place with CCA?

Though even it were, there does appear to be a general need to adjust the SP rewards from NPCs based on the Advanced and Elite settings based on the TTK involved with them. Advanced and Elite definitely have lower rewards even in solo kills than expected, imho.

But the combination of multiple aggressors split the potentially too low reward...would likely get into some of the explanation behind the very low rewards from group content and queues.
    edited December 2014
    Frankly, I just wish the XP rewards in general are decent instead of shoehorning things into 1 slot to support "The Metric."

Yeah, but I half-expected Cryptic to lower ALL exp values without adding compensation, that being Delta Quadrant.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The real XP problem with queues isn't kill XP- it's the fact that there's only a paltry XP completion reward.

I just ran BHE moments ago. Here's the glorious reward: 1238 specialization XP. For an Elite queue. The space queues don't reward much more, especially on Advanced which most of them still stop at.

Cryptic pls. Increase the reward for elite and advanced queues. Give us 24k specialization XP for an elite. Or more. What have you got to lose? People are getting the spec points anyway. They're simply doing it in the most boring and frustrating way possible, replaying patrols. And that's making them hate the game. And their absence from the queues is making everyone else hate the game.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought Argala wasn't the most optimal patrol mission after that last mission reward exp boost. I have no idea myself since I hardly ever play patrol missions outside of their wrapper missions.
    edited December 2014
    The real XP problem with queues isn't kill XP- it's the fact that there's only a paltry XP completion reward.

I just ran BHE moments ago. Here's the glorious reward: 1238 specialization XP. For an Elite queue. The space queues don't reward much more, especially on Advanced which most of them still stop at.

Cryptic pls. Increase the reward for elite and advanced queues. Give us 24k specialization XP for an elite. Or more. What have you got to lose? People are getting the spec points anyway. They're simply doing it in the most boring and frustrating way possible, replaying patrols. And that's making them hate the game. And their absence from the queues is making everyone else hate the game.

The thing with this is that whether you do that patrol on Normal, Advanced, or Elite - they reward the same at the end. Is there a difference for the completion rewards for BH, if you run BHN, BHA, or BHE...or is it likewise the same reward at the end regardless? Thus that Advanced/Elite which maybe shouldn't come into play for the patrols isn't coming into play for the queues where it should, imho, come into play.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After I Transwarp to the Delta Quadrant I inevitably have to pass Argala to get to another Patrol point for a Wrapper or other Delta Missions and I can see all the people cluttered about Argala presumably running it over and over again until their eyes bleed.

Many of them are probably the ones stating they have to do this to level up - huh? All eight of my characters are at 60, have at least two if not three or four (depending on faction) Masteries unlocked and have between 12 and 17 Specialization Points each. And in no case did any of them run Argala more than once or sometimes twice solo and never Teamed. Most doing that Patrol as part of the Wrapper Mission or stopping by while travelling past and only needing part of a level to complete a Ship Mastery level or the Mastery itself. All character still have a few, or for the newer 60s a half dozen or so Delta Missions still to do.

The same with Japori. Until Tau Dewa was shut down I never had even given the place a second thought. My initial character was a Romulan so the Patrols I did in Tau Dewa were the ones that also had the Radiation readings. Eventually I stopped doing the Radiation readings and settled in at Carraya mostly because there was also a Deep Space encounter right there and I could alternate between them both for the Daily Patrol mission, which turned better when the Daily Bonus was introduced. Always for Marks and never for XP.

By the way, levelling up Ship Masteries is fairly quick and easy. A few Borg Red Alerts in Sirius (where the Command Ship shows up) can net you a few Mastery levels. Yesterday I fitted out a Pathfinder on one of my Science characters. Three Borg Red Alerts, four Borg Disconnected (for the four Daily Mark Bonuses, a couple of CCAs for the Nakura Daily and Fleet Marks and R&D boxes and a few Delta Patrols still to be done for some Wrappers and the Ship Mastery was done.

Try other stuff than just Argala and the Hive Mind mentality approach to levelling up. You don't need to get all 60 Spec points immediately.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SP rewards are killing the game. Even more than the queues with frustrating failure conditions being empty. Just gonna leave this here:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/EMcNeill/20140721/221443/Grinding_and_the_Burden_of_Optimal_Play.php

http://gdcvault.com/play/1017794/Through-the-Grinder-Refining-Diablo

To loosely define the concept:
    'Here’s how I think of it: Players will tend to make the choices that lead most directly and surely to victory. If you set up a goal that players care about, you should expect them to try to reach it as efficiently as possible. If the most efficient way to win (i.e. optimal play) is a pain in the TRIBBLE, then you’re asking players to accept a worse experience in exchange for victory, and that’s a crappy way to treat your players. (There are lots of caveats that I could make here, but let’s stick with this simplistic version of the concept for now.)'

Blizzard removed the real money auction house because they felt this concept was destroying their game. And yet here Cryptic is double downing on it.
    edited December 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    SP rewards are killing the game. Even more than the queues with frustrating failure conditions being empty. Just gonna leave this here:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/EMcNeill/20140721/221443/Grinding_and_the_Burden_of_Optimal_Play.php

http://gdcvault.com/play/1017794/Through-the-Grinder-Refining-Diablo

To loosely define the concept:

Blizzard removed the real money auction house because they felt this concept was destroying their game. And yet here Cryptic is double downing on it.

It is a shame. And the only thing I've heard in response is "That is a reporting bug" (Congrats Geko, you officially stated that you don't care and/or am not too bright at all).
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If they nerf Argala, then buff the ques, that would scatter the sheep from Argala, and walk them to the "not dead" ques.

C'mon Cryptic, shepherding is so fun, come and join in!

perhaps you should look on your meme sig, the answer is as plain as that. think happy thoughts, think that players love argala and they love DR :P.. sheep heading to the slaughterhouse while dreaming of DR of course.

if cryptic can make the populace docile, crowd them where they want and then claim it was a success, then why would they care if a sheep is "baaa"ing away like your doing? sheep can call out if they want, not that it would do anything..

thats the type of logic your facing when working with your sheep and flock thinking.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The "reporting bug" was limited to the STF queue's and nothing else. It was also fixed in the patch just over a week after "Tau Dewa Gate".

Since then all reports have shown empty queue's and a team run by CCG designers who haven't the foggiest how to design a proper Computer Game.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know why you would seriously expect Cryptic to change this situation when this situation is exactly what they wanted to happen.

It was deliberate. Geko himself said Argala was a good way to level up. They artificially boosted XP in the Delta Quadrant's patrols. They want players playing in the Delta Quadrant and they're prepared to flush the whole game down the toilet in the process.

The metrics are all that matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014

With the kill xp you are probably running around 2K xp for the entire stf. That's what I earned with an ISA (more xp from kill because space, but much less mobs).

According to Cryptic's idea, which I support, we are supposed to earn Xp for spec by doing our day to day activities, which mean endgame content once the story is over. I don't think people used to grind patrol every day just for fun.
    And yet, the xp reward from it is incredibly pathetic. We need around 150K xp for a spec point, past 60. With 2k xp per stf, that's 75 stf for a single point, 4500 for the entire spec tree.

4500stf for the entire spec tree. I don't think I've even did that much stf by my entire time playing sto ! I must be in the several hundreds, a thousand perhaps, and that's when I take all my characters stf, not just a single one. Sure, I did several story missions they added afterward, and a bunch of foundry mission, but it doesn't make up for the 3500stf worth of xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The "reporting bug" was limited to the STF queue's and nothing else. It was also fixed in the patch just over a week after "Tau Dewa Gate".

Since then all reports have shown empty queue's and a team run by CCG designers who haven't the foggiest how to design a proper Computer Game.

I know, but that is one of the main issues of the thread.