test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Shutup Wesley Christmas

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    asimosa wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for attending. Sorry if anyone didn't come away with something, by the end nobody was asking for the consolation prizes. So I can only assume everyone came away happy. :D

I didn't win a darn thing, and had to leave before you all were finished, but... yup, it was amusing. Trivia, costumes, etc. are actually pretty fun; it'd be cool if the company did such things on occasion during the Livestreams or somesuch. In any case, thanks for the random community event thingey, and... Einstein was great. That fellow needs to post his slider settings, etc. to the wiki or something. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That. Was. Fun.

Without a doubt, it was fun. The excitement of eagerly awaiting the next question, my hands shaking as I hoped I would not only know the answer, but type it out faster, my fingers not wanting to type right as I did so, and the 'oooh man, so close' feeling I got quite a bit when I was just BARELY too slow or thought I had the right answer.

While I wasn't much of a costume person, that was fun, and was something to watch as well for the last of the trivia questions as well.

Those races were hectic as all get-out, which kept them much more interesting and different, I'm glad for it.

Let's see...you were asking for some feedback, here's some more direct stuff:

1. Well to start, I'm glad you took my recommendation for upgrade items. I hope those become a staple as time goes on. I have a couple more ideas for stuff to add as well if you want to hear.

2. I think it worked out better this way by doing it in a more public, but not overly full area like DS9 instead of the QWW or even Risa. It's a lot easier to get into, and we don't have to fight with possibly dozens of instances.

3. The races were insanely fun. Big prizes, lotsa people, all the more exciting because of it.

Anyways, as some side things, to start, I wouldn't mind helping out with your next event. Heck, somebody (I'm sorry, I forgot who said it to me, just that I think it was someone from Wesley) even PMed me saying I looked like a game show host. I don't really have the ECs to add to the prize pool, but at the very least, I would be glad to help in some manner, like doing the trivia questions, etc.

Past that, I'm not sure, at least at the moment, still all excited and such from all the fun I had. Which honestly, those few hours doing stuff were more fun than the whole time I've spent doing DR stuff.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This event was an absolute blast. It ranged from fun trek trivia questions, to costume contests (some of which were amazing creations and had to be seen to be believed!), to hectic races on the promenade of DS9 (with well placed cover shields and speed debuffs applied to people: so much fun).

There was something for everyone... The atmosphere was fun and friendly, and even if people didn't win any of the big items, no-one had to go away empty handed, as consolation prizes were on offer throughout.

A few of my fleetmates came along after hearing about it, and got a bunch of prizes themselves - keys, upgrade tokens, lockbox consoles, etc. I ended up winning a Palisade, several party poppers, several fleet ship modules and ship upgrade tokens. One of my friends got 3 lockbox/lobi ships!

The event was well run, with its own custom channel, and the pace was kept up throughout - there was always something going on to keep people busy and having fun. They even paid attention to people who couldn't get in the instance and made sure they weren't left out.

All in all, a big congratulations to Shut Up Wesley for putting on an outstanding event. I can honestly say this was the most fun I have had in STO for the past year, and certainly one of the best managed events I have seen in the game.

If you decide to run a similar event in future, let us know. I would be delighted to put a lockbox/lobi ship into the prize pool.

10/10
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    suprcheese wrote: »
    This was the best event ever, and the players loved it.

I won two trivia questions, first place for overall best costume, and second in overall worst costume! Had a blast!

An idea for WesleyEaster: Dabo night at DS9! Where dabo winners get more than gpl. I've thought about doing something like that for my fleet.
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I won two trivia questions, first place for overall best costume, and second in overall worst costume! Had a blast!

An idea for WesleyEaster: Dabo night at DS9! Where dabo winners get more than gpl.

Unfortunately Dabo is a bit too easy to actually win at, with some combinations of numbers having far higher win chances than others due to it being somewhat sloppily made/basic as a minigame.

0-9-20 being an example of one such combination, with others listed on the STO wiki, so it's common knowledge.

However all of us at Dental/NoP/Wesley are happy you enjoyed the event and we hope to hold more in the future as well!

Thank you for being there and stay beautiful.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At this point I suggest putting the thread in ten forward since event is over, and obviously trolls will want this on the front page and will bump it in the general discussion forum.
    edited January 2015
    Dental/NoP/Wesley will continue to bully other players and pretend they do not use brute force tactics to silence victims, and forum moderators will play catch up since they are strained beyond their pay grade to track down multiple IP and proxy hiders. It's an old gimmick, but an effective one, since their troll threads are rarely closed but complaint threads against them are often locked. It's turning out to be a gread new year! :cool:
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gazurtoid wrote: »

If you decide to run a similar event in future, let us know. I would be delighted to put a lockbox/lobi ship into the prize pool.

10/10

While we appreciate your desire to give back to the community, we do not accept outside donations in order to preserve the integrity of the event. All prizes are provided by Shutup Wesley members, so nobody can pretend that we're running a scam.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
    edited January 2015
    preechrsa wrote: »
    While we appreciate your desire to give back to the community, we do not accept outside donations in order to preserve the integrity of the event. All prizes are provided by Shutup Wesley members, so nobody can pretend that we're running a scam.

are you stating nobody in your troll group ever pretends they are someone else to gain something?

http://https://www.flickr.com/photos/129075086@N02/15765839527/ :rolleyes:
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wildboar wrote: »
    are you stating nobody in your troll group ever pretends they are someone else to gain something?

http://https://www.flickr.com/photos/129075086@N02/15765839527/ :rolleyes:

You keep posting this screenshot of someone making a joke like it's meant to mean something profound. Can you expand on what you're trying to do, please? Nothing you've said so far has made any sense.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • doctorcrudoctorcru Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That isn't even a goon who said that.

All of the ships/prizes were wesley/goon funded. We can afford it.
    edited January 2015
    doctorcru wrote: »
    That isn't even a goon who said that.

All of the ships/prizes were wesley/goon funded. We can afford it.

No but you see ALTS and GOONSWARM and CONSPIRACY and POSTING A SCREENSHOT OVER AND OVER DON'T YOU REALISE THEY'RE THE TROLLS NOT ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

In party news, we've got a tonne of screenshots here. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By3tPkhrHlVVMFh4b2V5eEZGcDA&usp=drive_web
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • doctorcrudoctorcru Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's all so clear now!!

Happy new year guys and I hope everyone enjoyed their prizes!
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed out on this, but glad that people had a good time. I reckon STO won't be seeing another giveaway like this until our benevolent overlords at Shutup Wesley decide to stage another event.

It was absolutely succulent.... like fresh baked tribbles - skinned of course.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    ...In party news, we've got a tonne of screenshots here. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By3tPkhrHlVVMFh4b2V5eEZGcDA&usp=drive_web

Wow, great pictures! Thanks for sharing and you're hired to do photography at my wedding.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was fun and i won some great prices (all 3 Voth ships, 20 keys and 4 star ship upgrades).
    Thanks Shutup Wesley !!!
    edited January 2015
    Wow, great pictures! Thanks for sharing and you're hired to do photography at my wedding.

Awesome, do you accept me stealing photographs from someone else and taking credit for them? :P I should have mentioned they're not mine but I don't want to name the photographer if they're not up for being named.
    Fx3popQ.png
    edited January 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I'd expect nothing less. There hasn't been a single SW event that hasn't gone well in my years of playing STO. Why is it that a fleet of, what, seven active members - eight, maybe- can, in one night, stage a better giveaway event than any other fleet/organization in STO, including the company that runs the game?

Because Cryptic doesn't even try. Even if they did want to try there's Perfect World Entertainment that's misering them not to go outside their stringent budget.
    edited January 2015

You took a picture of MY TRIBBLE.... MY TRIBBLE.... >_> then you zoomed in on it!

Oh, and Lunchbeast(the giant tailed pink thing) is simply the ugliest thing ever to be spawned in STO.

http://puu.sh/e01sx/90bc5e7569.jpg
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The screenshots you took were amazing ShutupWesley. God, that guy with the big tail was soooo funnyyyy, especially on DS9 with both tails hanging over the edge. I had a lot of fun and definitely would love if you hosted one of these during every season :D.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I stayed up til 2am for this event. Worth it. Won two costume contests, but even if I hadn't won a thing, Wesley Christmas was the best STO event ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • jordaiusjordaius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This was a great event. I had a lot of fun. I was able to win one of the costume contests and one of the races. Thank you for my 2 brand new ships.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There were some amazing costumes, scarily quick trivia answers and hilarious races to finish up the night. As I said before there was a great turnout which really helped make the party, on top of the Wesley billions and organisation!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I'm sorry I missed this (RL took over, unfortunately), but I'm glad that you guys had such a good time.

Also, those screenshots are great.

Edit: Wow, some of those pics seem to actually lack disco balls...Disco is eternal, people! You can't fight the disco!
    edited January 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The screenshots you took were amazing ShutupWesley. God, that guy with the big tail was soooo funnyyyy, especially on DS9 with both tails hanging over the edge. I had a lot of fun and definitely would love if you hosted one of these during every season :D.

That would be called the "Lunchbeast". ;)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Had a great time, people! Kudos to Shut Up Wesley for putting on such a fine Community Event. The contests were fun! Please let this be only the first of many more Community Events created by all the Fleets involved.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

Every season might be a touch excessive, but we may do another one before next year. The real problem is sticking everyone in the same location. We filled out four zones worth of DS9 with people, but since we can only really hold contests in one zone the rest trickled away once they realized they couldn't participate. The only real open event was Trivia, since I was asking questions in the channel and distributing prizes via bridge invite.

Maybe there is some magic Cryptic can pull to help with this by temporarily increasing population caps, but the community team consistently ignored my every attempt to contact them about this party so I wouldn't hold out any hope there. I suppose we could hold satellite events in different locations, but separating people goes against the whole spirit of community engagement that we were striving for. If anyone has any suggestions in regards to the logistics of this type of event I would be more than happy to entertain them.
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I couldn't make it but it looks like it went very well. I congratulate all the winners and the organizers for a successful event. :)
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are quite a few underused planets that you could use for these events. Andoria maybe? Every time an instance is filled you pop another member of your fleet into the next one that starts, to dish out the goodies. The chat for the entire event happens in that planet's Zone chat.

Just an idea :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The real trick is finding a zone that is both...

1) Capable of hosting a lot of people.
    2) Cross-faction.

Starbases for example can reach the player cap but are faction-specific. While most of the cross-faction zones are capped a fair bit lower. Even DS9 only has room for around 75 per instance, and as noted earlier we managed to fill up three instances and had a decent spillover into the fourth at the start of the event. There's going to be a certain hard cap regardless (I'm pretty sure even the largest STO zone instance can handle 100 players maximum) but we'd still want as many people as possible in the same instance to make things like judging the costume contests easier. And making the races more exciting.

We'll figure something out when the time comes for the next event anyway.
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela