test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about a patch for the Chel Grett?

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Winter event is ending soon and STILL those who have the Chel Grett unlocked on one toon cannot get it on another toon for the reduced amount of 40 pictures.

Can we have this addressed BEFORE the winter event is over? That'd work for me. I think it would be good for a lot of other players, too.
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No kidding lol. Im getting kinda worried at this point given Craptics track record.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There was a thread in bug reports where one of the devs was testing a fix in house for the Chel Grett a week or two ago but it didn't make the weekly patch. It seems some people are also having problems with the Plesh Brek as well and Chel even though it is the first time claiming either ship. Been hoping to see a fix soon to, kinda scared to apply any pics in case something goes wrong and they go poof.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1324881
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think Cryptic will go on their 2 week vacation after tomorrow's patch and they won't be back until January. I believe the event ends on January 15, so when Cryptic gets back they will have 2 ****ing weeks to fix it!

I bet 2 EC they won't fix the event ship discount before the event ends nor will they extend the event. Why? Out of retaliation for all the "delta rising is best expansion ever" threads popping up. :mad:
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is starting to scare me, as the response is starting to look like it will be not happening in time. I understand that this week is Christmas, and next is New Year's, but it would be nice to have some sort of official statement on this.

Otherwise, I hope we don't....get left out in the....cold?
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the complaining. It works on tribble for me, I have it on tribble. It could have gone live on last week's patch but it didn't, probably because for some it's still not working, and now it's not going live on tomorrow's either. Was gibt? (Apologies to the German speakers out there if I didn't use that right.) I'd really like to get my chel grett please and I'm not using my pictures on it as a matter of principal. So..............please, at least a little insight at some kind of progress of what's being done? Is that a lot to ask?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think Cryptic will go on their 2 week vacation after tomorrow's patch and they won't be back until January. I believe the event ends on January 15, so when Cryptic gets back they will have 2 ****ing weeks to fix it!

I bet 2 EC they won't fix the event ship discount before the event ends nor will they extend the event. Why? Out of retaliation for all the "delta rising is best expansion ever" threads popping up. :mad:

Yep last chance for a Fix is probably the 8th, so it's basically 1 week, I somehow doubt they'll push out an Emergency Patch, because of it ... wouldn't hold my breath ... it was supposed to be fixed 3 weeks ago ...

At this point they should at least come forward, update the Dev Blog & exclude the Chel, or something similar ...

PS : There is still time to get your Chel Grett ... ~25/25 days left ... so better start grinding now if you dont't want to miss out ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ecotec1983 wrote: »
    There was a thread in bug reports where one of the devs was testing a fix in house for the Chel Grett a week or two ago but it didn't make the weekly patch. It seems some people are also having problems with the Plesh Brek as well and Chel even though it is the first time claiming either ship. Been hoping to see a fix soon to, kinda scared to apply any pics in case something goes wrong and they go poof.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1324881

did you try cancelling the project and restarting it? Some guys in my fleet had the same issue and canceling and restarting fixed it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    did you try cancelling the project and restarting it? Some guys in my fleet had the same issue and canceling and restarting fixed it.

Yeah, no, I'm not taking a chance/losing the photos I've contributed. It should auto complete and boom
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hmmm I wonder if every one who is waiting for a fix has the same issue. They have contributed photos, and dont want to cancel.

Me I had no problem claiming all the ships on multiple toons on day one, but then again I also started the projects after the event started.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    hmmm I wonder if every one who is waiting for a fix has the same issue. They have contributed photos, and dont want to cancel.

Me I had no problem claiming all the ships on multiple toons on day one, but then again I also started the projects after the event started.

I don't know if everyone has the same issue or not. Last year, on my Romulan, I got the Plesh Brek and then got as many (680) photos as I could figuring I'd complete it this year before moving on to the new one. Then the discount came along. I have enough pics right now I could finish it and solve my problem, but I refuse to out of principle.
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I started the project on one of my toons and dropped 40 pics in to it before realising that it wanted 1,000, not 40. I cancelled the project and reslotted it. Still wanted 1,000.

Devs, you need to post regarding this. If you don't know how to fix it (surely copying and pasting the discount code for the Plek Bresh and Sarr Theln would be a good start) then you'll need to bite the bullet and offer the Chel Grett for 40 photos as a limited time offer.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only chance to fix is Jan 8. Also it seems the turnin for the Chel is now broken so that using 1000 now doesn't unlock the discount. Because of this I'm not about to roll the dice and waste 1000 photos on it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The issue is some of us got the Chel Grett in 2012 before the event reputation existed. I didn't get it in 2013 when we did have event rep so the game isn't seeing that I completed the project. I have been working on getting Q pics to get a Chel Grett at full price in hopes the discount will apply. I'm about halfway there so I should have plenty of time (I hope).

However, there are some reports that none of the 3 Breen ships are giving the discount when completing the projects this year, including the new Breen carrier. (I can't confirm this since I'm still working on it.)

If they can't fix it in time I hope they will just drop the price to 40 Q pics for everybody for all 3 ships, just for this year, then sort it out and make sure it actually works next year. :(

I will say that for 2013 I did complete the event rep project to get the Plesh Brek on 3 characters at full price so I did in fact have the account wide discount on the first day of the event this year. I at least got my the Plesh Brek on all characters (except the one working on the new ship since I wanted to get started on that right away).
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If they can't fix it in time I hope they will just drop the price to 40 Q pics for everybody for all 3 ships, just for this year, then sort it out and make sure it actually works next year. :(

This would be a nice gesture.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I earned the Plek Bresh last year and have been able to obtain it for other toons using discount. I earned the Sarr Theln this year and was able to obtain it for my other toons using the discount. The Chel Grett is the only one I have on at least one toon and not get it for my other toons on discount.
  • Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It still does not allow me the discount for any of the Breen Ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Not any of them? That's hard. Until they fix the system so that all the people who have rightfully earned the ships can get them through the discount they've rightfully earned I feel that a show of good faith by cryptic is required and that all ships need to be on sale for 40 pictures for at least a day or two before the winter event finishes.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is why I started running 3 characters so I would get all the ships regardless if the fix is in or not. Was not going to chance it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This is why I started running 3 characters so I would get all the ships regardless if the fix is in or not. Was not going to chance it.

But the ships are bound to Character or not? So even if you have all 3 ships you have only one per Character

I got no discount for Plesh Brek AND Chell Grett but i got it for the Carrier. I had no pictures from the previous years and also never unlocked the Warship Or the Raider in the last years. The only thing i did was to buy some pictures because i thought i had no internet connection for 2 weeks and didn´t want to risk anything.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just wait till next year. The game isn't playable anymore anyways. If they fix the game next year then you can get your ship.
  • Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not game ending for me, it's just a ship. But I am disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This thread is so overflowing with entitlement that I just have to play lawyer here and say they don't owe you any discount unless one was promised to you before you made your purchase. Meaning the people who bought it full price this year are the only ones who have "rightfully earned" a discount. For everyone else it's charity.

I'm going to keep the project slotted and wait for them to fix the discount. But I'm not going to get all stressed out if it turns out they can't/won't. Not over a 2 year old ship I already have on other toons.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    This thread is so overflowing with entitlement that I just have to play lawyer here and say they don't owe you any discount unless one was promised to you before you made your purchase. Meaning the people who bought it full price this year are the only ones who have "rightfully earned" a discount. For everyone else it's charity.

I'm going to keep the project slotted and wait for them to fix the discount. But I'm not going to get all stressed out if it turns out they can't/won't. Not over a 2 year old ship I already have on other toons.

There's always one who completely misses the actual point... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    warpangel wrote: »

Always one entitlement lawyer, isn't there?

If Cryptic state that they're going to offer something to the player base after the players meet a particular requirement, the players then go ahead and meet that requirement and then Cryptic fails to provide what they offered then how does that become a "sense of entitlement issue" on the player's behalf? No, that becomes an unfulfilled promise on Cryptic's part. The fact that Cryptic made the offer to people who already had unlocked particular ships or were going to unlock them this year unifies the player base as a single group, not as a group of "rightful earners" and another group of charity chasers as you oh-so-woefully tried to indicate.

Your argument? DISMISSED.

Cryptic offered an item at a set price, that price being either 1,000 pictures for new earners or 40 pictures for past earners. They made this offer free of coercion. For them to now not give that offer to players who met the conditions that they set is rude.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    But the ships are bound to Character or not? So even if you have all 3 ships you have only one per Character
    You collect 1000 tokens on each character, get a different Breen ship on each character to unlock the discount, then you can get every ship on any character for 40 tokens each.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The issue is some of us got the Chel Grett in 2012 before the event reputation existed. I didn't get it in 2013 when we did have event rep so the game isn't seeing that I completed the project. I have been working on getting Q pics to get a Chel Grett at full price in hopes the discount will apply. I'm about halfway there so I should have plenty of time (I hope).

However, there are some reports that none of the 3 Breen ships are giving the discount when completing the projects this year, including the new Breen carrier. (I can't confirm this since I'm still working on it.)

I will say that for 2013 I did complete the event rep project to get the Plesh Brek on 3 characters at full price so I did in fact have the account wide discount on the first day of the event this year. I at least got my the Plesh Brek on all characters (except the one working on the new ship since I wanted to get started on that right away).

Can't confirm anything for other people, but I had gotten the cruiser last year on a couple toons... this year I got it on the rest of the toons with the discount, was able to get the carrier on one toon which gave me the carrier at discount on all the other toons..... don't have the Plesh Brek yet, but am saving enough pics to get it on one toon and will have that in about a week and can tell then whether the discount will slot.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    You collect 1000 tokens on each character, get a different Breen ship on each character to unlock the discount, then you can get every ship on any character for 40 tokens each.

YEs, i thought you wanted to mail the Raider from one character to another because you didn´t get the Discount.

And btw, you "should" be able to get them for 40 tokens each but thats the Problem isn´t it? its not working. I still got no discount, no matter what i am doing and i met all requirements. 3 Toons, , 1 ship each unlocked with 1000 Pics, no unlocked ships in previous events but still no discount.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Hopefully, ships gotten now would get the discount. So, if necessary, you could get it again for the discount. I'm racing on all 4 of my chars just to be sure.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Chel Grett doesn't need a patch because it's the best thing ever and the players love it. :cool: