What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design A Duty Officer!

Comments

• explorator01explorator01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    B5RLNuVCAAA7N5h.jpg

B5RLI_QCYAAahSI.jpg

hopefully these show up, otherwise I'll have to find a real image host.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Actualy, "contest" is simply defined as "An event in which people compete for supremacy in a sport, activity, or particular quality". While I agree that it should have a reward, bear in mind that it doesn't necessarily need to have one.

Eh... I doubt that a lot of those really unbalanced ones would be picked. I did mine for seriousness. The Easter egg that it is was just for humor
    and recognition counts as a reward. :P

Classic Peanuts is classic. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,476 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Krystal%20DOff.png
    DJ%20Epohh%20DOff.png

I couldn't resist doing one of my Epohh. Now all will know of... DJ Epohh!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baiazbaiaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Borg_Queen2.png
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Time to submit an entry! This one is based off of one of my BOFFs.

STO_DOFFEntry_Allura.jpg
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Otherwise, Trendy, the post is missing Very rare (purple) borders. Those that are labeled as Very rare actually show the Ultra rare (ultraviolet) borders.

Correct. The Very Rare border is missing from the linked resources in the OP. VR only has 3 rank pips, not 4.

IQbRoKN.jpg

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • mehatmecoatmehatmecoat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    JrD1q7T.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Apologies for the multiposting spam folks, the forums are pants-on-head TRIBBLE and thinks that these are image links and not dynamically served page links and it won't allow me to post more than 4 per message.

Here are portrait backgrounds that should have been included in the resources linked from the OP:

Fed:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Doff_engineering_federation_bg.png
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Doff_science_federation_bg.png
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Doff_tactical_federation_bg.png
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Doff_civilian_federation_bg.png

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited December 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    edited December 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    XrrOdiN
  • roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Edit: Fixed spelling, nerfed the ability a bit and finally shortened the quote.

rTLVURP.jpg
    edited December 2014
    eY14Dke.jpg

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    XrrOdiN.jpg

Hail Janeway!
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bob_DOFF.png
  • delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because... today is a good day to die.

rires_doff.png
  • ea07ea07 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I could not help but think of all those underappreciated crewmembers who are essential to the ship's functioning, yet are never seen or heard from.
    So I decided to randomly pick one of them and put the spotlight on him:

Janitordoff_zps9786728c.jpg
  • wars77wars77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Z7GOxFD.jpg
  • aniax01aniax01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ..And here it is! Enjoy!

JpiKOrU.jpg?1
    edited December 2014
    xziHtuH.jpg

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Krystal%20DOff.png

Well, I give Krystal Jade points for originality, since most other serious tries at a bonus are pure damage bonuses (boring and done to death). On the other hand, the amount of warp plasma cheese this would bring into the game would suck.

Come on people, do weirder stuff.

1) Use Energy Siphon placates target.
    2) Use tachyon beam reduces all resistances by 50%.
    3) Gain 50% bonus defense for 5 seconds on use of HE.

Damage this, damage that, puts me to sleep.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Well, I give Krystal Jade points for originality, since most other serious tries at a bonus are pure damage bonuses (boring and done to death). On the other hand, the amount of warp plasma cheese this would bring into the game would suck.

Perhaps this is the DOff you're looking for. Ground/space heal increase.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    KTC2.jpg
  • wars77wars77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My android BOFF :3

SZ61r0Z.png
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    My first entry. A character from my Foundry mission: "Sink the Bismarck"

BRUNHILDE-Card.jpg
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    KaylynNavari_zpsee1aff42.jpg
    5rFUCPd.png

• reighn216reighn216 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    EpicJohn.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,476 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

Well... considering that is my main and I am pretty good with the gas venting abilities...
    I swear I should rename my ship to Gaseous Anomaly with how much Warp Plasma I drop. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.