Design A Duty Officer!

Comments

• Options
    delythetrepiedelythetrepie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To the many, many Stacy BBYs out there.

PsSSfJY.jpg
    TRdmykP.jpg
    Sindari - Starfleet Dental, Junior Cleaning Tech Grade 2!
  • Options
    simontmagussimontmagus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is the very first Bridge Officer I ever created, done on launch day. I always thought that the Greys should have been around. The specialization? Let's say it comes from something near and dear to my heart. Would have been fun to include writing samples as well - their language would have been fantastic as crop circles. :)

ShadykDutyOfficerFinal.jpg
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To the many, many Stacy BBYs out there.

PsSSfJY.jpg
    Win. :D:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And now for: more TRIBBLE from me!

ixaJW8E.jpg

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And now for: more TRIBBLE from me!

ixaJW8E.jpg

First Holo-Leeta, now Holo-Morn. What next? Holo-Rom?

Wait, Holo-Kirk [Chris Pine edition]... for those who want an expendable redshirt that can go shirtless and distract enemies on ground maps.
  • Options
    plusmanoplusmano Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOVE this one.

BobCnC nice attention to detail
  • Options
    memaumemau Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here are 3 of my doffs

[IMG][/img]4r8nM3l.jpg

[IMG][/img]TkCp9O3.jpg

[IMG][/img]Z43lvCF.jpg
  • Options
    admiralfrayaadmiralfraya Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My Ship's A.I.

Black-Raptorinfo.jpg
    Rapsody.jpg
    Rapiebackgroundinfo.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    okay here is some of my main crew due to picture limits.

2czy8n5.png2ljno7c.png

i4h8h1.png3304n00.png
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    j91qow.png1jt7rb.png

and finally first officer Nirnas and my main.
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ftlSPLX.jpg
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    askatus wrote: »
    ftlSPLX.jpg

Marvelous! +1
  • Options
    noxalon#4381 noxalon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Vulcanoidobulan.jpg
  • Options
    hp1239hp1239 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [IMG][/img]UKsBaJz.jpg?1
  • Options
    corbindarocorbindaro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How do i post my doff pic
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    corbindaro wrote: »
    How do i post my doff pic

You will need to upload it to a image hosting site like photobucket.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    shinzon11shinzon11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Introducing the dilithium consultant series ....

hT1mQPG.png

YN9JHnJ.png

HJef2XF.png

6xagbhO.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    plusmanoplusmano Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My version of what epic should be:

DqDmvFv.jpg

f3rDel7.jpg
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aHjv6Iv.png
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I decided to push the alien generator to see what I could create, and ended up with a whole new race. Here are the first three, more to come later.

It sure would be nice to know if there's an actual prize for all this free labor, but I'd be happy to get all of these duty officers.

Edit:Whoops, didn't need the Research Lab Scientist to be that efficient. Fixed, plus used a better upload tool.

VLyDOC1.jpg

oHbTdO6.jpg

iJxpA7l.jpg
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just HAD to do this one for Galaxy Quest. Either way, I so wish this were a real doff:

stoDOFFcardsPETERTAGGART1.jpg

And here's a version with Tim Allen's photo as a non-contest piece:

stoDOFFcardsPETERTAGGART2.jpg
  • Options
    corbindarocorbindaro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Im new to this and i ask how to post my pic could someone please tell me step by step what to do i would really like to join in if i knew how.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    corbindaro wrote: »
    Im new to this and i ask how to post my pic could someone please tell me step by step what to do i would really like to join in if i knew how.

1. click this link.
    2. scroll down to where it mentions 3 factions and the border color you can use.
    3. click on any of the named options for that faction; standard, uncommon, rare, very rare and epic.
    4. this bit depends on your broswer and its settings. for firefox; if it don't download then right click the image, "save image as..." and write up a name and put it in your admin/pictures folder. make sure that when you create a name for the file you dont delete the ".png" at the end as that extension is needed so the file can be opened.
    5. once you got the file saved, the next part if you have photoshop (its a lot easier this way); open PS and then run STO, goto your character, load it then find your character sheet.
    6. find the character you are looking for and in the small window that has their character portrait, adjust its position with left mouse and mouse wheel for camera control, then press "print screen" key on the keyboard, usually next to the F12 key at the top right.
    7. alt+tab into PS, and paste your picture onto an empty new canvas, and load up the the saved border from earlier on in step 4 and 5 through PS then select the whole image and copy it.
    8. switch over to the pasted image from in game of your character and then paste in the border from the other picture you loaded up in step 7.
    9. make sure to click move and make sure you have not the "background" but the new "layer" and adjust it to fit the mugshot of that character (if needed , click the "background" picture and adjust its image size a little), then save the picture.
    10. what i do from this point is go into ms paint and load the saved picture you finished on PS, then cut out the border with the face in it exactly, and then reduce the image size manually then paste the picture in so only the border and face is shown, i then save.
    11. write in what you need. OP mentioned to use "eurostile" font. google it up and download the font then install it if you have not already done so (installating it is finding the file and opening it, windows will then give you an option to install it).
    12. sample some of the border color if you wish for the name to fit the border color. then plain white eurostile writing for the rest if you want.
    13. save it, load it on an image hosting site and then cut the link location (with tags) onto this thread in a new reply.   i do not know how others do it or if there is an even better way, but it should only take a few minutes at most following those steps.
  • Options
    tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's my DOFF submission

She's my first BOFF from my First STO Character from when the game launched. She's been with me since day one and the only thing that I've changed on her is her Uniform. Even though she's only a Green/Uncommon Bridge Officer, I can't bring myself to replace her.

mQYGurR.png
    Aceman67.png
  • Options
    valmoravalmora Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Yeah, well, that ship has sailed, I fear.

Otherwise, Trendy, the post is missing Very rare (purple) borders. Those that are labeled as Very rare actually show the Ultra rare (ultraviolet) borders.

WRONG ! she is posting the proper border as far as the contest is concerned... the "Very Rare" is purple at the bottom left corner and the green at the upper right corner for Romulan
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    2qnckya.png11vqlip.jpg

2z6utxy.pngsbjzi0.png
  • Options
    longshadowace1longshadowace1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want to post 2 doffs not letting me
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valmora wrote: »
    WRONG ! she is posting the proper border as far as the contest is concerned... the "Very Rare" is purple at the bottom left corner and the green at the upper right corner for Romulan

Check again. The borders labeled Very Rare are actually the Ultra Rare. Not only are the colors slightly different (purple vs violet), but ultra rare has four bars instead of three. You can confirm this by checking ingame duty officers.
    :rolleyes:

If anyone wants them, here are some proper Very Rare borders I just made:
    Fed
    KDF
    Rom

Enjoy!
    :)
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think this will be my last set of these guys for this. I had fun creating them, and a whole mythology behind them. I envision them as a wanna-be peaceful race, one that would truly prefer exploring the arts and science but has realized they must be ready to defend themselves.

The Assault Squad and Diplomat ended up looking almost identical when shrunk for final version, but maybe they're long-lost brothers? The Assault Squad guy could use a pleasant surprise like that.

uqTWnsv.jpg

eCPpJHt.jpg

i5v9TEZ.jpg

PCld6JS.jpg
This discussion has been closed.