Install Arc
Options

Cannot login to STO

Comments

• Options
    hamster1234hamster1234 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Try this: For some time, I haven't received my monthly Zen as part of my lifetime subscription (LTS). I've alerted Support... nothing. I cannot get a response.

If I were a PWE shareholder, I would sell at this point.
    that's why i always pay them for the zen at least then i know i am getting my zen and all of it to i might add
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    updated info on facebook. go figure
    There is updated information in the Maintenance thread too. Unfortunately people do not like to look up there for some reason.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Our Login Servers are experiencing some technical difficulties and this will delay logins. The team is investigating and will get the servers back up to full capacity as soon as they can. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience to everyone whose play time this interrupted.

Well that clears it all up. :D
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, they lost power in Frisco area as a result of the storm and rain in the area.

And a tech company has never heard of backup generators...:rolleyes:
    "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sitting here, knuckles white and buttocks clenched hard,
    I wonder against wonder, when the server will start.

There are things to be done, and snowmen to be slain,
    Why waste my time, maintaining the game?!

I want to log in - and log in right now!
    Accede to my demands' or lose this cash cow!

OK, I was joking, I had some nerd rage,
    The game is now working, I'll get back in my cage.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There is updated information in the Maintenance thread too. Unfortunately people do not like to look up there for some reason.

they might have to move their finger 1 inch further. it might cramp.
  • Options
    giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really, you can call the internet police? Well hell, post the number since you are so wise and all. Otherwise, get off of your mommies lap top, move out of her basement, and get a job! Then perhaps you too can share in the frustration those of us who PAY for our stuff feel when we don't getting something we PAID for.

I'm a LTS and a player since beta. I'm also old enough to be the father or grandfather of most the people in this game. Why don't you learn to make your post a little more clear so it doesn't sound like you are complaining that LTS and gold customers are getting something and you are enraged about it? By the way I spend a lot of money in this game, so smeg off.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Hey, NO, we haven't.

And I live in Los Gatos, CA. The power is ON here right now.
    Really? That is why the Bay area has been under a flash flood warning for the last few hours? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Acknowledgement and status of the login issues:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1323661

And the most recent post from that thread:
    Our Login Servers are experiencing some technical difficulties and this will delay our maintenance until a fix can be put in place. The team is investigating and will get the servers back up to full capacity as soon as they can. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience to everyone whose play time this interrupted.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And a tech company has never heard of backup generators...:rolleyes:
    In my career in Silicon Valley, I've been with Fortune 500 companies which did NOT have backup power generators for their data centers. (I'm not naming them specifically. Don't ask.)

Not everyone applies five 9's uptime preparation -- or common sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    UPDATE:

Our Login Servers are experiencing some technical difficulties and this will delay logins. The team is investigating and will get the servers back up to full capacity as soon as they can. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience to everyone whose play time this interrupted.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Really? That is why the Bay area has been under a flash flood warning for the last few hours? :)
    Yes, really.

We are getting hit with some tremendous rains; no gale force winds as predicted -- yet. And the power has stayed on.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    UPDATE:

Thanks for sharing that, lordatrocities.

I would welcome an extension of the Elachi event by one additional day. Entitlement? No. Good customer service? Yes.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well i got in for a min then i got the boot.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I live in Europe, we have electricity.

It cant be that hard to use a cable long enough between both continents and use our power.
    I am a Gold Member and pay 14€ per month, for God's sake!

:P
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone,

The STO login servers are experiencing some problems and they are investigating.

The all clear from today's patch has not come through it was still with the QA team.

People are being let into the game (for the moment) - I too managed to get in; but after a short time I got disconnected, which seems to be what is happening to others.

When I hear more news, I'll pass it on. The community team are on their way to the offices atm and should hopefully be able to communicate anything from Cryptic when they have it.

~MidNite
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If they went looking there then they would not get to ***** about smirk not telling them things they aren't looking for.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ok where is the all doom thread.
  • Options
    cadd2cadd2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    These guys could F up a free lunch...!
    Smallest patch in mouths and these usless B's break the hole damb thing 2:45 pm est (GMT-5) and i still can't log into the game WTF...
    They must have been trying to take somthing from us and it F-ed up everything!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is the difference between a Super Moderator and Volunteer ones?
  • Options
    gaz000gaz000 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess Cryptic forgot to feed the hamsters powering there network again LOL:P
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They have adopted the PvP queue system for the login server.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why is it always ppl on here wanna complain when cryptic try to fix stuff in the game if the maint. takes longer than planed then it takes longer than planed i agree they should announce any problems straight away but i say let them try and fix the problem as if we got back in and the game worked perfectly then some ppl would still complain so best idea is just let the see if they can fix the hamsters
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The outage seems to be due to a severe storm.

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/543123730528870401

If the outage caused by the storm occurred during the server patch, then expect the server to be down for a while since that probably means the server will have to be patched again.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cadd2 wrote: »
    These guys could F up a free lunch...!
    Funny you say that...
    Two years ago, I was having lunch at Willow Street Pizza in Los Gatos. From a nearby table, I overheard this group of people dissing members of their own company loudly in public.

Want to guess what company?

I let our former STO CM know about the incident with specifics; he verified they were there; those people were going to be talked to. To be blunt, there are plenty of coffee shop/restaurant incidents like this around Silicon Valley. Employees should ALWAYS apply common sense and NOT discuss sensitive information in a public space.

Not sure if it was a free lunch for them, but they certainly F'ed it up...
  • Options
    wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    why is it always ppl on here wanna complain when cryptic try to fix stuff in the game if the maint. takes longer than planed then it takes longer than planed i agree they should announce any problems straight away but i say let them try and fix the problem as if we got back in and the game worked perfectly then some ppl would still complain so best idea is just let the see if they can fix the hamsters

Cause its always the same story?
    Fix 1 bug, break 3 more things...

Random server deaths/disconnects...
    Its getting pretty usual to see trouble each week :|
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    The outage seems to be due to a severe storm.

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/543123730528870401
    Baloney. The outtage is not attributed directly to the storm, rather Smirk's travel to the office. Re-read the tweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I guess some are too blind to read - or just don't care too. Either way, here is the latest info posted again for your convenience. Enjoy.

Give it some time, they'll get it sorted. :D
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The west coast is being battered by the worst storm in years (according to weather.com).

Those blaming cryptic for everything need to take a good look around and visit some weather/news sites before passing judgement on something cryptic cannot control.