Install Arc
Options

Breen Reactive Repair Nanites

2»

Comments

• Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I read the blog, I kind of got the impression that if you're healing yourself then the heal will apply to your pets in range of your currently selected enemy target. I may be wrong of course, the blog isn't overly specific and as others have pointed out we can't really tell how effective this will or wont be until it's been tried and tested. Though if that is the case, then most of the time your pets are going to be within a 5Km range of your current enemy target.

Isn't there also a DOFF who applies heals to your pets when you heal or something? Sure I saw one of those somewhere but it's been a while since I flew a carrier because I mostly play Feds and they have **** carriers save for the Narcine and that is way out of my price range.

I think that's a issue.. if its 5km of your enemy target then your fighters will be in range of 5km and no change is needed.. if its 5km of your healing target.. well then its not very effective and a 10km would be better. So ya maybe some clarification from the devs is in order.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Think about it though. If you're in a team setting, you've got allies that are most likely attacking the same target. Or... you got more than one heal on your ship and can spare one.

Interpreting what is said in the Dev Blog, its within 5 km of your heal target. That gives you 10 km of healing range + the 5 km radius around the target, giving a possible 15km range total. The fact you have to actually heal something other than yourself means that you actually have to behave more like a carrier and less like a cruiser. Unit management, even though the pet AI isn't the best.

I can understand where you're coming from, but if they do as you suggest, they will probably have to take something away from it to balance it out, such as a lower heal effect on the pets to compensate for the range added, which if left the same... would effectively give you a 20km range total if your heal target is at max healing range from you.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    For one his comment had nothing to do with the main post.

Seconded. Its not a whine post so plz stfu.

Its about a quality of life change to a skill they are adding. People do not spend there heals on pets.. they heal themselves or other players.. so a 10km range is a qol for carrier pilots.

Talk about not understanding the difference between constructive criticism and a whine post.

Actually, as the skill is directly related to owning the event ship, his comment was most certainly valid and most certainly correct. May also be worth noting that as you are commenting on something that represents a 'Quality of life' you should at least experience it 1st, and seeing as the ship is yet to hit a live server this means that as yet you cant. I'm all for constructive critism, but it should be valid and reasoned, both of which I am failing to see in your posts.

Oh, and thank you for your colourful use of rhetoric :)

*I should note I read things in a very literal sense, so if im missing your point, i do appologise for that
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I've just called the restaurant that I'll be eating in tomorrow and told them that I'm sending the meal back because it won't be any good.

Rofl, just read this, and all is well in the world again :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having a character that runs an advanced obelisk, I love the idea of this trait. hopefully I can get a double boost.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    5km should be fine. If you're doing a decent job, you should be at point-blank range to the target anyway, and your fighters will all be within a 5km sphere as well.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Are we arguing over the qualities of a Free T6 Carrier?

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just in case you don't get the idiom :

A gift horse is a horse that was a gift, quite simply. When given a horse, it would be bad manners to inspect the horse's mouth to see if it has bad teeth. This can be applied as an analogy to any gift: Don't inspect it to make sure it matches some standard you have, just be grateful
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    in a carrier that cant move for ****, you want to be within the blast radius of a core breech. yea.... no.

Look at the person who can't survive warp core breaches.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Now... where's my playable Dralthi... I mean Blesh Choas.
    Probably next year, seeing as how they are starting to run out of Breen ships.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm excited for a) the first T6 carrier, and b) the devs taking the time to create a carrier-specific starship trait.

I have good luck with carriers (running 2 or 4 ships per bay... not a fan of paper-thin fighters), so this trait will be fantastic. I might need to adjust my playstyle to keep my fighters in close, maybe using the intercept command more often, but it looks promising.