test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Reactive Repair Nanites

kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
This trait seems rather worthless.

I know carrier pilots have been asking for a way to mass heal there paper fighters but this trait only has a 5km range.

I think the devs should change that to a 10km range. fighters are already paper targets I do not think it really would hurt balance to have fighters healed with in weapon range of the carriers. Its not like it is a full heal its a percentage of the heal.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by kelshando on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I think we should just wait and see how the thing performs first before suggesting buffs/nerfs/ext.

Now... where's my playable Dralthi... I mean Blesh Choas.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think we should just wait and see how the thing performs first before suggesting buffs/nerfs/ext.

Well I do not need to play it to know my carrier pets as of now on my carriers spend more time out side of 5km then inside of it.

Its not like the ship is a Narcine.. you are not going to be spinning around with it at a turn of 7. doing fly by heals with it.

Just saying 5km range is just lacking to me.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've just read through the patch notes and it appears it's not mandatory to get the new ship, so you don't need to worry too much.

Hope this helps you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The trait will be excellent for carriers using frigate pets. Maybe worth a slot if you have a carrier with only fighter pets. Obviously, not useful at all if you're not flying a carrier.
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I've just read through the patch notes and it appears it's not mandatory to get the new ship, so you don't need to worry too much.

Hope this helps you.

go away trolll
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014

It's clearly a Strakha.
    I AM WAR.
    edited December 2014
    I don't have the Xindi Carrier. Only full carrier I've really flown was the Mirror Vo'Quv with Advanced Slavers. All I'm saying is that we should see how it performs before suggesting changes, as the dang thing isn't even on Holodeck yet.

OMG ANOTHER WINGNUT! YAY!
    BTW... did you know that a Salthi is in STO? I think one of the Intel abilities or something deploys a little drone to analyse the enemy, and it looks like a Salthi.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited December 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    go away trolll

That's a bit rich coming from someone who's complaining about the effectiveness of something that he hasn't used yet, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited December 2014
    That's a bit rich coming from someone who's complaining about the effectiveness of something that he hasn't used yet, isn't it?

Are you really that slow?

You do not need to use it to know how effective its going to be based on current in game use of carriers.

I know how far out my fighters and frigates are from me and I know if I used a heal if they would be in range.

Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if your ships are not in 5km when you heal that they would be out of range there for getting no heals. Its pretty simple logic.

So as a QOL a 10km range would be better suited for carriers that mainly are in a support role then a offense roll when you look at all the carriers. With the exception of HEC's and dread carriers most are support ships in there layouts.

Granted you can direct target your fighters to heal and then they would be in range but those heals should be used on player ships not on fighters.

So ya I can be a critic of the trait because its not hard to see how effective it will be base on current game and given that's not changing with the release of this ship its a no brainer to see that 5km is a tad to short of a range.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You do not need to use it to know how effective its going to be based on current in game use of carriers.

I know how far out my fighters and frigates are from me and I know if I used a heal if they would be in range..

So in order to get the benefit you need to close in. Its called a trade-off.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not healing pets 5km from you. It's healing your pets being inside of 5km from your target, based on the blog.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited December 2014
    I've just called the restaurant that I'll be eating in tomorrow and told them that I'm sending the meal back because it won't be any good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Since the pet AI is still fundamentally broken - they blow up everytime you shoot something, then yes, one could say this trait is essentially absolutely pointless.

But hey I can't blame any of them for not flying carriers after their last nerf...

So how would they know their pet traits are pointless!

If you notice the HP increase with DR, and how that was an effort to not having to script or code anything, but just change some numbers around in notepad, you will have a great understanding of some of the patterns emerging!

Because it's also why pets suck and why carriers suck.

You could also point out that - exactly like the specialization tree, it's a dumb move to go for bonuses only usable by a small crowd.

Who couldn't use more damage or more firepower but carrier pets bonus is without a doubt the most pointless trait so far

And I don't even doubt you can easily get al rivera to admit it was done because the goal here is to sell the fake star trek ships.

/edit

ps. this post has been brought to you by slight resentment over the carrier nerf and the still broken AI!
    edited December 2014
    I just reread the trait...
    Dev Blog wrote:
    While slotted, using a hull heal ability will also heal your hanger pets within 5 km of your target for a portion of the healing dealt.

Its not centered on you. You could heal a friendly, and it will affect your pets within 5 km of that friendly if I understand this correctly.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    It's not healing pets 5km from you. It's healing your pets being inside of 5km from your target, based on the blog.

Yes so 5K from your target... but if your pets are all over the place... no heals to pets. So good if your pets are set to attack target.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So...if I use a heal on anyone, is it within 5k of whatever I'm shooting at, or 5k from the target of the heal.

Some ambiguity there in the wording. Also, on some maps, I'm lucky if my pets are close enough to show up in the UI, let alone be within 5k of anything useful.
    edited December 2014
    I'm assuming the target of the heal, because you have to target a friendly to heal it.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sounds like if you heal a pet any pets within a 5km radius of that pet will also get healed. (Thats 10km diameter area..)

Sounds pretty good to me.

If i am up close and personal to target have aggro and need to heal myself my pets that are 5km away from me will also get healed (likel as they will be close to my target)...

If i am flying in a support capacity staying at range and letting the pets do the work then they will likely have aggro and if i heal one of them any others within 5km will get healed.

Sounds pretty win win to me but lets see...

At least its better than Mirror Hakeev :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't have the Xindi Carrier. Only full carrier I've really flown was the Mirror Vo'Quv with Advanced Slavers. All I'm saying is that we should see how it performs before suggesting changes, as the dang thing isn't even on Holodeck yet.

OMG ANOTHER WINGNUT! YAY!
    BTW... did you know that a Salthi is in STO? I think one of the Intel abilities or something deploys a little drone to analyse the enemy, and it looks like a Salthi.

We'll see it fly within a week as we have witnessed with other summer and winter ships.
    The trait looks interesting enough.

What i am really interested in is the stats of the breen warpcore.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. I wanna know more about that core.

Also... I predict we'll see some on day 1 because people will unload Lobi to avoid doing the race at all.
    edited December 2014
    This is about quality of life for carrier pilots.. its not game breaking but a 10km range is just better.. they are not being healed for the full amounts so there is already draw back.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. I wanna know more about that core.

Also... I predict we'll see some on day 1 because people will unload Lobi to avoid doing the race at all.
    Actually several posters have talked about how they saved a stack of 1000 Q-pics last year waiting for it. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is about quality of life for carrier pilots.. its not game breaking but a 10km range is just better.. they are not being healed for the full amounts so there is already draw back.

For what it's worth I agree with you.
    edited December 2014
    Um dude... did you miss the part we hilighted where its within 5 km of your target when a heal is applied to it? You can target a friendly and heal that, and pets with 5km of that target are affected.
  • jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Um dude... did you miss the part we hilighted where its within 5 km of your target when a heal is applied to it? You can target a friendly and heal that, and pets with 5km of that target are affected.

That's lovely for the big slow sci carriers on support duty. I fly a tac carrier and the only ship I'm going to be healing is mine. Would be nice if my pets could benefit from this. A 10Km range would be better.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually several posters have talked about how they saved a stack of 1000 Q-pics last year waiting for it. :p

And then do 1 run to grab the breen raider as well. Good things really do come to those who wait.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    go away trolll

Oh my word, you are whining about something that is not yet in game, calling someone a troll for stating a simple fact and paying no attention to someone elses suggestion to hold off on negative opinions till we see it on a live server...

Please tell me this isnt a serious whine? I know things have been a bit crazy around here recently, but come on really? Maybe you just need a hug or something?
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014

Could not agree more ;)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    jamesdax wrote: »
    That's lovely for the big slow sci carriers on support duty. I fly a tac carrier and the only ship I'm going to be healing is mine. Would be nice if my pets could benefit from this. A 10Km range would be better.

When I read the blog, I kind of got the impression that if you're healing yourself then the heal will apply to your pets in range of your currently selected enemy target. I may be wrong of course, the blog isn't overly specific and as others have pointed out we can't really tell how effective this will or wont be until it's been tried and tested. Though if that is the case, then most of the time your pets are going to be within a 5Km range of your current enemy target.

Isn't there also a DOFF who applies heals to your pets when you heal or something? Sure I saw one of those somewhere but it's been a while since I flew a carrier because I mostly play Feds and they have **** carriers save for the Narcine and that is way out of my price range.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited December 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    Oh my word, you are whining about something that is not yet in game, calling someone a troll for stating a simple fact and paying no attention at someone elses suggesting to hold off on negative opinions till we see it on a live server...

Please tell me this isnt a serious whine? I know things have been a bit crazy around here recently, but come on really? Maybe you just need a hug or something?

For one his comment had nothing to do with the main post.

Seconded. Its not a whine post so plz stfu.

Its about a quality of life change to a skill they are adding. People do not spend there heals on pets.. they heal themselves or other players.. so a 10km range is a qol for carrier pilots.

Talk about not understanding the difference between constructive criticism and a whine post.