test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to End Bound Items?

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am bringing this issue up for the sole purpose of all the reputation items that one receives should NOT be bound, along with Doff's that are locked, while myself would welcome the opportunity to sell those items on the exchange. Another example, i have the Obelisk Carrier from the last event drop as a give away that i am not using on 4 accounts and is sitting in a box, why cant i sell it on the exchange while i have the Obelisk Warp Core on my Romulan that cant be use either. I don't want to get rid of them, id like to see these items sell to individuals that would use them vs. sitting and taking up space in my inventory.

I think it is well past time to END THIS BOUND ITEMS to account or character, it is ridiculous! I know it will never happen, as that would just make WAY to much sense. But, i wanted to get it off my chest nonetheless.

What are you thoughts?
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yea... I really don't need a bound item every time I start a new project.

I agree.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • vekares227vekares227 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It would be nice for me to be able to give away a ton of older gear I have to newer players, however selling these items wouldn't be profitable as you may think, because a ton of people have and arent using these items.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vekares227 wrote: »
    It would be nice for me to be able to give away a ton of older gear I have to newer players, however selling these items wouldn't be profitable as you may think, because a ton of people have and arent using these items.

True indeed, but what about the Obelisk Carrier at least? Or at least the Warp Core?
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't mind having things like BNPs be account bound, instead of character bound. And I wouldn't mind having special requisitions like the Obelisk be completely unlocked.

But, I would be afraid that things like BNPs (or, for the current example, APCs) would go for ridiculous prices on the exchange, like some of the VR R&D materials.

I'd much rather see the devs continue to tweak the advanced queues, to make them more like old elite (fun, & something that is fairly easy to PUG).
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would be happy with rep weapons and other stuff from the box's been account bound.
    How meny times I've opened a box that had something I could do with on a other char is well annoying.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hate getting rep gear that's perfect, but only for another character of mine, who never get that drop.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    alaric63 wrote: »
    Having items Bound ensures that each player/character earns their own gear. You need to play a character for it to advance. I, for one, believe that removing the "Bind" from gear would be a terrible idea. Without bound items this game woud certainly fall into the Pay-to-Win abyss.

I understand that concern and i to have that same concern, mine specifically is related to wanting to get rid of such things as the Obelisk on the exchange, i wont use it for any of my characters. I am sure their is a way to balance allowing for the sell of the item instead of being given to another character.
    edited November 2014
    Having items Bound ensures that each player/character earns their own gear. You need to play a character for it to advance. I, for one, believe that removing the "Bind" from gear would be a terrible idea. Without bound items this game woud certainly fall into the Pay-to-Win abyss.

Are you kidding? This game is pay to win. My closed post mentions this. You have the cash, you can buy the dil to raise items to epic and have an advantage over everyone, even uber grinders. There would be a lot of new players if we, as friends, could outfit people at end game with great items. Sure there would be the "TRIBBLE ups" but this is a game and as I grow older I realize more and more how much of a time sink MMOs are and this one I feel has found (in some areas) the way to counter this. Once you hit endgame here and get good gear, you can sit back and do whatever you want. Want to do foundry with friends or replay older episodes with buddies, you can do that here and for the most part finally catch the carrot. I see no reason other than selfishness for want others to have good gear.

Gamers need to learn the difference between earning and getting. you earn a wage, you earn a medal for human accomplishment, you earn trust, you earn a degree. In a game that you play you get things; you get a ship, you get a console, you get XP. You have earned nothing you played and you "got". Im so tired of the word "entitled" because people want something in a game they have bought and paid for the same as you. I mean if this attitude carried over to anything else, we would avoid it like the plague. There is no need for this mean spirited greedy attitude because some of you feel you deserve something because you have more free time. That is entitled!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are you kidding? This game is pay to win. My closed post mentions this. You have the cash, you can buy the dil to raise items to epic and have an advantage over everyone, even uber grinders. There would be a lot of new players if we, as friends, could outfit people at end game with great items. Sure there would be the "TRIBBLE ups" but this is a game and as I grow older I realize more and more how much of a time sink MMOs are and this one I feel has found (in some areas) the way to counter this. Once you hit endgame here and get good gear, you can sit back and do whatever you want. Want to do foundry with friends or replay older episodes with buddies, you can do that here and for the most part finally catch the carrot. I see no reason other than selfishness for want others to have good gear.

Gamers need to learn the difference between earning and getting. you earn a wage, you earn a medal for human accomplishment, you earn trust, you earn a degree. In a game that you play you get things; you get a ship, you get a console, you get XP. You have earned nothing you played and you "got". Im so tired of the word "entitled" because people want something in a game they have bought and paid for the same as you. I mean if this attitude carried over to anything else, we would avoid it like the plague. There is no need for this mean spirited greedy attitude because some of you feel you deserve something because you have more free time. That is entitled!

Dunno about that, but i dont agree... i haven spend a single dime for 1 year, and i already have epic
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014

^ This.

Bound items are bound for a reason. It's one of the few things that -forces- player to earn stuff, instead of just buying everything for $, or looking for freebies and hand-me-downs from other players who don't need them.

Sorry OP, gotta disagree. There's -plenty- of stuff in the game that is not bound. I think it's perfectly reasonable that some things simply have to be -earned- the good old fashioned way.
    edited November 2014
    bulvyne wrote: »
    ^ This.

Bound items are bound for a reason. It's one of the few things that -forces- player to GET stuff, instead of just buying everything for $, or looking for freebies and hand-me-downs from other players who don't need them.

Sorry OP, gotta disagree. There's -plenty- of stuff in the game that is not bound. I think it's perfectly reasonable that some things simply have to be -GOTTEN- the good old fashioned way.

Fixed that for ya.
  • sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fixed that for ya.

I'm trying hard, but I just can't figure out what point you're trying to make by changing Bulvyne's use of "earn" to "gotten"
    sig2.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Post #10, you earn nothing in a game, you get things in a game. Time to get off the horse fellas he has gotten a little high.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Without bound items this game woud certainly fall into the Pay-to-Win abyss.

How would it be any worse than it already is? You already have to spend insane amount of EC, Dilithium (or $) and time to gear up your character.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't agree with getting rid of bound items completely, however I do agree that more items should be bound to account rather than character. :cool:
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The exchange would be so flooded with these items that you wouldn't make any more credits off of them than you would just selling them to a vendor.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having things like BNPs be account bound, instead of character bound. And I wouldn't mind having special requisitions like the Obelisk be completely unlocked.

But, I would be afraid that things like BNPs (or, for the current example, APCs) would go for ridiculous prices on the exchange, like some of the VR R&D materials.

I'd much rather see the devs continue to tweak the advanced queues, to make them more like old elite (fun, & something that is fairly easy to PUG).

QFT. I have a character who isn't going to use any of the Borg set pieces who's sitting on 13 BNPs. I have another character who is grinding the Adapted M.A.C.O. space set, who hasn't been able to get a BNP in weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    What are you thoughts?

That would be nice, but it won't happen. If anything, they're heading towards more things being Bound (i.e. the Fraud Prevention System's "contagious" BtA) rather than less.

Still, I've definitely got a few things that would be awfully nice to be able to pass off to another character. The Gumarre doff that I got awhile back is a good example, since it won't actually let me use him for anything since he's a Federation doff on a Klingon-allied Romulan (yeah, it's a bug, but if the doff weren't Bound it wouldn't be a problem). Rep widgets being BtA would be wonderful, and being able to pass ships/ship crates would be nice too. BtC lock box weapons are another good example of things that would be very nice indeed were they to become usable on different characters or sold to players that need them.

Ah, what a wonderful dream. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​