test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Club 47 Opening Soon! FREE Giveaway Extended to 11/28!

Comments

• odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

How about daily Dance mini-missions something like what we've got on Nimbus III? With rewards like new emotes or even like 5 fleet marks or something small like that?

Are you suggesting this because you're under the impression that the Trek series is rife with such displays?

*vomits*
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'm really loving this new look for the club! Excellent work Taco and Hector! I'm really impressed!

And just a suggestion to add to what jocelyn2 mentioned above...

How about daily Dance mini-missions something like what we've got on Nimbus III? With rewards like new emotes or even like 5 fleet marks or something small like that?

All I'm suggesting is to give this awesome creation a "Purpose" to non-role players. Like I said, just a suggestion but either way, you guys have done one hell of a job on Club 47! :)

They wont likely add missions to somewhere like Club 47 because then KDF or Rom-KDF wouldn't have access to them.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    I demand the addition of bar fights.

and dancing Orion slave girls NPCs :D
    DUwNP.gif

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Question for Taco

Taco, will the club feature a variety of music soundtracks?

I am assuming it is going to be the same repetitive tune from the original ESD.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They wont likely add missions to somewhere like Club 47 because then KDF or Rom-KDF wouldn't have access to them.

Perhaps something like a "Target Practice" (or something) mini-mission could be added at the Klingon Academy for KDF and Rom-Fed? I dunno, but yea, you do have a good point.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    I am assuming it is going to be the same repetitive tune from the original ESD.

No... Go back to Page 3 of this thread. Taco has said that there will be New music! :)
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yay! Thanks, Tacofangs! I remain, as ever, your loyal servant!

Hail to the Taco!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No... Go back to Page 3 of this thread. Taco has said that there will be New music! :)

I'm willing to pay EC for a variety of tunes. I think they have other flavors like in SWTOR clubs....and dancing holographic girls too :P
    DUwNP.gif

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That definitely looks really nice! :) Does that mean there will eventually be a completely reworked Captain's Table with access from all of the stations, ships interiors, and so on eventually?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • daryllkaitadaryllkaita Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Everything looks great! I enjoyed hanging out in the old club on my less hectic days so having it back will be cool.

Out of curiosity, with some of these updated social zones, will we get an updated Quark's on DS9? It's fine how it is but it would be interesting to see it updated a little.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taco, you are officially a Music Monk!

Looks stunning. Kudos to the environment team (again). You guys rock! :cool:

And i have no doubt, that the sound team will also deliver.

One wish /reminder: I really liked the audio effect in our old club, when you walked to the back at the bar and the music got 'muffled'. I would like to hear this effect again in the new relaxing areas which are a bit away from the Disco.

Edit: I just saw Taco already answered it:
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Our audio guy, Drew did a good job with this. If you're on the Disco side, you get full music. If you're in the Cantina (middle) you just get the thumping bass, as if the music is next door. And if you're in the Lounge, the music all but fades away. Should provide options for everyone.

/Thumbs up!
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But, will the music be any good?

The first rule of any successful club is that it starts and ends with the music. Ambiance is one thing, but when the music motivates your patrons to dance, and then drink excessively, you have a formula for a cash machine.

Edit: Just realized in a culture where money isn't the primary driving factor, a successful club may be judged by different criteria. Getting drunk and having fun - that will never grow old ;)

Different nights, different music?

Theme parties? - oh yeah, I went there.

Kudos on the new design. It looks great from the pictures.

Maybe we could get some of the online trek radio DJ's to host parties ;)

Www.thecaperadio.com have done parties and daily shows in the old ESD cantina and drozana. They're not as well known in sto as in champions though. But is suspect at least one or two shows will happen in the new bar shortly after it goes live.

Note: the current event advertised on their homepage is not as family friendly as most of the station content.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To add to the attraction to this part of the game there needs to be dance parties and contests (with rewards) and other games like Blackjack and Poker to highlight the Earth spirit of gambling.

Next is to make a similar place on Qonos with combat games (PvE and PvP) using melee weapons and target shooting

And let us not forget about the ambandoned zone on Andoria which could also be a combo race and combat challenge social zone.

Still nice to see Club 47 come back into game and well done. ;)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay I have compared to "New ESD" to a an airport before, now its really an Airport with a SkyLounge and bar.

So this is great and all but what about Romulan Space stations and bases, I think they need a little love too because afterall you made a third faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014

I should point out that the KDF has their equivalent to Club 47. There is a bar (if it has a name, I've forgotten it) in First City. It's west of the Challenge Floor.

No such social niceties at New Romulus Command, however.

I would like to suggest some sort of weekend event to commemorate the grand re-opening. :D
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The delay in Club 47 returning has made Space Dock feel like it's still being rebuilt. It makes sense and it's great to know that the Club will return soon.

Now, something for the Romulans would be nice - and their ship interiors need spaces for trophies.

The Captains Table also needs something of a facelift. After all, it's nothing more than a replacement Space Dock with no incentive for the Gold/Lifetime members to visit.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014

Remember, the Federation is dry. They've got Synthehol. No one's getting drunk. . .

Blasphemy!

Alcoholic beverages seen on film in Star Trek. Not Synthahol, but the real thing.

TOS: By Any Other Name
    - Scotty weighs in first, luring Tomar into a drinking tour of the Federation.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Tennessee whiskey, Spock. Care for a little snort?" - Leonard McCoy

TNG: Relics - In 2369, Data served Montgomery Scott the drink of Aldebaran whiskey, although he was unsure of its characteristics beyond its color. Scotty found this beverage quite satisfying and drank most of the bottle himself, although he shared a couple of glasses with Picard.

DS9: Prophet Motive
    - In 2371, Quark discovered an empty bottle of Aldebaran whiskey in his brother Rom's room that was taken from Quark's "private stock."

VOY: Repression - Vulcan Port

Oh - and this list:

Beer
    Andorian ale
    Bajoran ale
    Breshtanti ale
    Cardassian ale
    Hazari ale
    Kesatian ale
    Michelob
    Romulan ale
    Toffa ale
    Trakian ale
    Xarantine ale
    Yridian ale

Brandy
    Acamarian brandy
    Altairian brandy
    Alvanian brandy
    Antarean brandy
    Saurian brandy
    Yridian brandy
    Vulcan brandy
    Chech'tluth
    Gin
    Kanar
    Malkothian spirits
    Martini
    Rum
    Sherry
    Samarian sunset
    Tequila
    Whiskey
    Aldebaran whiskey
    Scotch whisky
    Irish whiskey
    Skagaran whiskey
    Tennessee whiskey
    Kentucky bourbon
    Poteen

Wine
    Ch
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Www.thecaperadio.com have done parties and daily shows in the old ESD cantina and drozana. They're not as well known in sto as in champions though. But is suspect at least one or two shows will happen in the new bar shortly after it goes live.

Note: the current event advertised on their homepage is not as family friendly as most of the station content.

Nice to know thanks ;)
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    O.K. now that this is finished, any chance of changing the art in the delta patrols that is crippling FPS

drop off?
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Captain James P. Kirk needs some R&R and I think he'll enjoy the new Club 47! Thanks! (I can tell you, IDIC to Kirk means an ENTIRELY different thing than what it means to the Vulcans!) :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So when is club Mek'leth coming out?
  • darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So they'll delay Club 47 because it isn't finished but push horribly bugged content out to holodeck and call it the most successful release ever...ok...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is wonderful, something to look into. Once my ship and crew get back from the Delta Quadrant. Too bad you didn't do this before the launch. While my ship was in dry dock for upgrades. Now the ship is away for an extended tour of duty to the Delta Quadrant.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This will be pretty cool, as long as the ESD kiddies aren't in there clogging up the chat with their religion or (lack of), politics, and anti American discussions.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope that the old tunes are still in the music cycle in addition to the new stuff. ClubMusic02 and ClubMusic06 Extended both have an almost haunting quality to them

That would be nifty. Klingons could maybe get a quick bat'leth fight with an NPC on Qo'noS or their academy.

noxtereg wrote: »
    This will be pretty cool, as long as the ESD kiddies aren't in there clogging up the chat with their religion or (lack of), politics, and anti American discussions.

That happens regardless of if ESD has a club or not.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That happens regardless of if ESD has a club or not.

On ESD yes, what I'm saying is hopefully it wont be like that at Club 47 also. Seems like it will have its own Zone chat separated from ESD. At least thats how I take it reading the blog.
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With Tacofangs reply might I ask logically... will we be seeing an update to New Romulus and Qo'noS social drinking/fighting/bar areas to allow for Captain's table doors for all factions and maybe social quest hubs of sorts?
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    still wanna know where the one for new romulus is :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    still wanna know where the one for new romulus is :P
    Obviously cloaked. :rolleyes: :P
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019