test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So annoyed right now!

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
I've been trying, with several characters, to finished one of the borg STFs on Advanced sense DR launched. We always fail before we even reach Ogden, made it to him once but failed while fighting him.. not sure how.

Just now though, the PUG was great, we made it to the final chamber only for it to be bugged where we couldn't get the shields down. So annoyed right now. If they are going to make these things so hard the least they can do is make sure all the bugs that prevent the mission are fixed.
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    don't PUG advanced, period. Get a propper grp together via one of the elite channels.
    Go pro or go home
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    don't PUG advanced, period. Get a propper grp together via one of the elite channels.

Irony is: Every run I've had with the ESTF channels have failed... I assume it has something to do with the constant bickering about who is the best...

I advice everyone to stay as far away from them as possible.

On the other hand, less than 5% of the PUG's I am in fail..
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I think word on the grapevine is Infected ground is bugged anyways. Something about the shield generators in the boss room I think. Don't know if that's getting fixed in tomorrow's patch or not.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Infected always fails for me because inevitably someone will go running into the rooms and get the workers going. Still not sure how we auto-failed at Ogden though.

What I'm confused on (and I've seen several threads about it) is if you have to do something or you fail, why are you calling it an optional objective? Isn't it mandatory? :confused:

I avoid grouping with "elites" because if you aren't as good as them or have the best gear you get blasted and insulted. Last time I tried with my main Klingon (the one that got to the end, only to have the mission bugged) got told to get the [bleep] out so someone else can come because I didn't have a full set of honor guard gear. What's funny is that I need one more neural processor to get the final piece.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the channels are only called "elites" because the difficulty they grouped for was called "elite"...they can be actually quite friendly if you are friendly.

in a PUG somebody will always trigger something he/she shouldn't which will cause the mission to fail. Some do it on purpose some simply do not know better. In a channel were 99% of the people actually look for other people to complete advanced or elite STFs your chances to come accross such a person are rather slim. Won't say that it can't happen, but if it does he won't be a part of the channel for very long anyway. I suggest you join one and find out by yourself...the alternative would be continue pugging and hope for the best each time.

whatever anazondas experiance may be and what grudge he may hold against elite channels, it doesn't represent the majority of groups in these channels.
    Go pro or go home
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been trying, with several characters, to finished one of the borg STFs on Advanced sense DR launched. We always fail before we even reach Ogden, made it to him once but failed while fighting him.. not sure how.

Just now though, the PUG was great, we made it to the final chamber only for it to be bugged where we couldn't get the shields down. So annoyed right now. If they are going to make these things so hard the least they can do is make sure all the bugs that prevent the mission are fixed.

Agreed. I was more lucky and succeeded on my first try after DR launched, but encountered that bug in the last room. We had the optional and killed everything. I reran it with a team from an elite channel, still couldn't finish it even though we made it to the last room without much problems.

I've asked about this mission several times and it's still not even in the list with known issues. They should take the mission down, temporarily, until it is fixed. No point in keeping a mission active if it can't be completed which will only result in people doing effort for noting. Or at least put it in the list with known issues so that players know they should avoid this mission for now.
    edited November 2014
    risian4 wrote: »
    Agreed. I was more lucky and succeeded on my first try after DR launched, but encountered that bug in the last room. We had the optional and killed everything. I reran it with a team from an elite channel, still couldn't finish it even though we made it to the last room without much problems.

I've asked about this mission several times and it's still not even in the list with known issues. They should take the mission down, temporarily, until it is fixed. No point in keeping a mission active if it can't be completed which will only result in people doing effort for noting. Or at least put it in the list with known issues so that players know they should avoid this mission for now.

Thing is, I've run it countless times and finished it nearly as many before DR and never seen this bug before.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Irony is: Every run I've had with the ESTF channels have failed... I assume it has something to do with the constant bickering about who is the best...

oh my that made me laugh in all honesty though the fail rate of pugs I get is not bad considering they are pugs. The insults have quietened down but I assume that is because I have had a wave of ignores early on in the release of delta rising so if they are busy insulting people still I would not know lol. :o
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Run KAGA, it can't fail.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ogen is IGA, and IGA is bugged, in the last room you can only shut down shields or a millisecond, which obviously isnt enough to upload the virus.

Yesterday we were in a bugged CSA, where one transformer couldnt be activated (though the visuals for it was on, but you could activate it over and over^^).

The only things currently running smooth are KAGA and HGE (didnt play HGA yet, but I doubt they will have introduced a bug depending on difficulty). HGE is only playable in a very good group though.

P.S.: PESTF and ESTF have quite high failing chances. If you want decent chances (up to 99,x% depending on players) try DPS-Chans.
    Trying an open chan (PESTF) is pretty much the same as pugging. And estf missed to set standards when it was formed,so its unfortunately only little better.
    edited November 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Ogen is IGA, and IGA is bugged, in the last room you can only shut down shields or a millisecond, which obviously isnt enough to upload the virus.

Yesterday we were in a bugged CSA, where one transformer couldnt be activated (though the visuals for it was on, but you could activate it over and over^^).

The only things currently running smooth are KAGA and HGE (didnt play HGA yet, but I doubt they will have introduced a bug depending on difficulty). HGE is only playable in a very good group though.

P.S.: PESTF and ESTF have quite high failing chances. If you want decent chances (up to 99,x% depending on players) try DPS-Chans.
    Trying an open chan (PESTF) is pretty much the same as pugging. And estf missed to set standards when it was formed,so its unfortunately only little better.

So... one thing that bugged me when I was still in the military was the habit of spelling something out before putting the acronym in brackets before using the acronym exclusively. Now, not so much. I have little to no clue what missions those acronyms refer to.

Not trying to sound like a ****, really I'm not.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Run KAGA, it can't fail.

Oh but it can fail:
    PvE Queues:
    Khitomer in Stasis Advanced mode can now fail if the objective “Destroy the IMR’s in: 15:00” is not met.

From next patch on that is.

And yea OP I am annoyed as well about a 4 weeks old bug on a 3 years old map.

May also be the reason why queue lists are deserted and the number of private games seems rather slim.

As far as the discussion if elite channels are the way to go I can’t really put a comment. Before the changes I was able to play STO’s endgame with just about everybody successfully. After the changes there is only a rather small group left to do so with and I can quiet assure you that this is extremely bad thing.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had this terrible ***** on the team on a queued ground STF...all he kept going on about was how none of us were ready to play (even though we were doing just fine, only not how he wanted us to be playing) and when I asked if he was going to stop moaning, he quit and we lost.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    I had this terrible ***** on the team on a queued ground STF...all he kept going on about was how none of us were ready to play (even though we were doing just fine, only not how he wanted us to be playing) and when I asked if he was going to stop moaning, he quit and we lost.

Well very sad to hear so. But it’s daily routine now if you pug. If you assemble a premade it’s a lot better but unfortunately many who want to STF cannot cope with the difficulty setting and are in a learning process themselves while others who could do it easily don’t want to waist their time.

I think if cryptic at least would remove the fail criteria things would work out for everyone for the time being. I have no idea what purpose they serve for either the community or PWE at all.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I avoid grouping with "elites" because if you aren't as good as them or have the best gear you get blasted and insulted. Last time I tried with my main Klingon (the one that got to the end, only to have the mission bugged) got told to get the [bleep] out so someone else can come because I didn't have a full set of honor guard gear.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Because the full honour guard/maco/omega really isn't needed now. If you look through for the speed run of old IGE that the guys from the Sol Trade Consortium's did only 3 of them had a full three piece set an with recent acquisitions i guarantee when that group runs again none of them will be running a three piece set.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• marsupilamimarsupilami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So... one thing that bugged me when I was still in the military was the habit of spelling something out before putting the acronym in brackets before using the acronym exclusively. Now, not so much. I have little to no clue what missions those acronyms refer to.

Not trying to sound like a ****, really I'm not.

Would you rather type e.g. IGA, CSA, KAGE and HGE or Infected Ground Advanced, Cure Space Advanced, Khitomer Accord Ground Advanced, The Hive Ground Elite? Or even worse, use the new names (Khitomer in Stasis Elite, The Cure Found Advanced, The Cure Applied Normal , etc).

sqwished wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Because the full honour guard/maco/omega really isn't needed now.

They never were. Ground combat used to be 95% skill, 5% gear. These days gear and trait powercreep makes up for the lack of skill though.
    edited November 2014
    They never were. Ground combat used to be 95% skill, 5% gear. These days gear and trait powercreep makes up for the lack of skill though.

Really? Because even now there are people with epic quality gear that still have no idea what they're doing in grounds.

• marsupilamimarsupilami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    Really? Because even now there are people with epic quality gear that still have no idea what they're doing in grounds.

At least they survive a little longer and draw more fire. :P

Though nothing can help some people, like those who get lost in the Khitomer Accord power node room.
    edited November 2014
    At least they survive a little longer and draw more fire. :P

Though nothing can help some people, like those who get lost in the Khitomer Accord power node room.

True lol. But saying that I've known people get lost in the cure ground map. Also there's the people that run tac officers and run hm both threat control kits and run draw fire modules

• briohazard73briohazard73 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doing this mission on advanced is manageable now but the main objective and optional objective seem to be reversed. If you get the main objective of the mission done in time. Destroying the IMR's then you are obviously going to get the optional done. Killing the boss is not the hard part of this mission. It seems to me the main objective and the optional objective are reversed.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khitomer ground and the cure i thing has this bug too, chock full of bugs they are, balance there must be, much to learn they yet have... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    khitomer ground and the cure i thing has this bug too, chock full of bugs they are, balance there must be, much to learn they yet have... lol

"Hard to play this game is. The buggy side clouds everything." :D
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo, Capt weird bunny suit Avatar guy told me to friend you, i sent you one, and i expect to be beaten by 1,000 wiffle ball bats very shortly for posting that so i will hide behind a couch... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did not, I did say that I sent you a PM about it though. Noo, no more whiffle bat.