What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Star Citizen make STO obsolete?

Comments

• Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The dead PvE is really the result of their own methods of expansion. Adding new maps works great for a while, but it means your player base gets diluted into more and more maps.

Well the absurdly low XP levels as well... force many players when they are online to find one map they can stand running over and over for hours and hide in it. You don't see them in the pve ques cause they ain't got time for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well the absurdly low XP levels as well... force many players when they are online to find one map they can stand running over and over for hours and hide in it. You don't see them in the pve ques cause they ain't got time for that.

Something we both can agree with! The playability of STO as of late has turned into a very grindy 1 at that. I find myself getting extremely bored when playing STO anymore. An the queues as many have pointed out are pretty much Dead atm. Not to mention the new Dil and EC sinks, AKA the upgrade system, sure I like it, but omg! its Spendy! Over 100k Dill and around 7-10mill EC just to upgrade my ship weapons! an there not all MK XIV! :O

An yes I can see why alot of ppl are thinking about leaving STO to something else. I know alot of ppl in my fleet are headed to SC once it releases. So yes I will also agree with the assumption that STOs days are limited if something drastic isn't done to remedy these current issues with the game.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The dead PvE is really the result of their own methods of expansion. Adding new maps works great for a while, but it means your player base gets diluted into more and more maps.

The dead PvE queues is due to the game being populated mostly by uber casuals. Cryptic tried to introduce some "difficulty" in completing a PvE queue and it enraged the casual player base who discovered they could no longer do advanced.

This is also one of the reasons PvP was slowly dying even prior to F2P. The playerbase is too casual for any meaningful gameplay. Post F2P Cryptic bent over backwards to give these casuals some sort of advantage (universal consoles, tactical teams, field generators, intel powers) to help improve their game and they either don't know to use them or use them badly. Meanwhile PvP is wrecked more and more since we DO know how to use them, to the point you get absurd damage and absurd survivability.

In the hands of a casual player FBP, TBR, FAW and even intel powers are nothing big. In the hands of the min maxers they shred their foes.

The main STO playerbase make casual WoW players look like hardcore gamers. They won't play as a team (some will actual react angrily to the suggestion), they aren't bothered to learn the game mechanics and they won't do normal first to see what they're supposed to do. So we end up with advanced queues getting nerfed twice to the point they're a joke and they STILL can't do it. BDA is so easy now you can solo two repair bays (with evasive and EPTE) and still not lose a single disconnected Borg.

*gasp*

Anyway...
    JUMPING JELLYBEANS!!!

Can anyone even guess at the kind of crowdfunding levels Star Citizen would have if it was based on the trek IP?

For some reason I get the feeling it wouldn't get much.

There is of course the possibility of making Star Trek mods for gaming with friends (since someone will be able to set up their own server). Of course it's probably best to start off with a smaller ship like the Connie, since modeling an interior for the Galaxy would probably take a lot of effort.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    aureleus wrote: »
    An yes I can see why alot of ppl are thinking about leaving STO to something else. I know alot of ppl in my fleet are headed to SC once it releases. So yes I will also agree with the assumption that STOs days are limited if something drastic isn't done to remedy these current issues with the game.

The more of us that cut back our STO to F2P once a month log in status the better. I think the game is at a point where the majority of the pve folks are starting to feel the same way all us PvPers have been feeling for to long.

I would love to come back into STO full on if Cryptic starts making some positive changes. The last few months have convinced me to start looking for something else to play.

ED launches DEC 16. Mention it to some of your friends. You guys may have fun there. SC not counting all the arguing we have been making for it being the next big vaporware... its still 2 years off.

TOR has a new major expansion coming in Dec... if you pay the 20 bucks for it preorder right now they even give you a 12x XP boost so you can take a new toon and easily be end game before the new content hits. (I honestly went back there and started a new toon on a different server and am almost done leveling it already after a few days of casual play... 12x boost is the polar opposite of Cryptics leveling lol) The ship combat in TOR is still more a mini game then a full on space sim type thing... but its a nice fun distraction. Honestly I don't see myself sticking around in TOR after I play out the new content that's coming. There F2P model is terrible. The only way to really play it F2P is to sub for at least one month make a bunch of credits in game so you can buy a ton of unlocks... and anything expensive you will need. They have a harsh credit cap that can never be lifted as a F2P which means any future stuff that costs more then the cap is a no go. Even to just log into PvP you have to buy weekly passes. Its a frustratingly bad F2P system... if they had a proper one I would likely log in all year 1-2 weekends a month to PvP. As it is since launch I have subbed for 1-2 months every year. lol EA isn't all that smart.

EVE also has a major content edition coming in Dec. Lots of people say its hard to get into as a new player and call it silly things like Spreadsheets online. Truth is its a fun game even if your low level... and even more fun if you start the game with 5 or 6 friends. If you or your friends are excited about the world aspect Roberts has been trying to sell with SC... EvE is already 10x better then anything he will do there. The fighting is a different style then SC of course... but to be honest coming from STO Eve is a lot more like the combat people are used to in STO then SC is. SC is more a twitch pilot game... where as Eve combat is a bit slower and more like a MMO complete with weapon builds and mid and low slots to put consoles in ect. I've been debating in just going back to eve myself... in fact I am back there right now for one month anyway. CCP emailed me a sweet deal for a free month and I said why not. CCP is the 100% opposite style of Dev compared to Cryptic. They take care of there game and love it... and there 100% pvp. Yes the stories of them laughing at people that have been ripped off and such are true... that doesn't mean that is the normal in EvE though. When playing eve just remember to never risk more then you can laugh about loosing... and that its a game. People hear the crazy stories from eve cause it is such a unique server, there are no shards no instances... anything that happens is right there for everyone to see. If a system gets flipped or blockaded or a major corp falls apart or whatever it effects everyone.
    /Eve Wall lol

Then of course there are a lot of people playing the "sandpark" game Archage... no ship combat at all. Well done ground though and it seems to have a pretty good balance of Hand holding PvE for leveling and a more open sandbox style once you hit mid game or so. No space nothing though which is painful. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orondis wrote: »
    The dead PvE queues is due to the game being populated mostly by uber casuals. Cryptic tried to introduce some "difficulty" in completing a PvE queue and it enraged the casual player base who discovered they could no longer do advanced.

Blame it on the casuals. Really? REALLY?

The casuals aren´t the ones steering the ship orondis, Cryptic is. They have a casual friendly game, what they needed to do was inject FUN and EXCITEMENT into their maps along with some moderate challenge (NOT just adding a few extra zeroes to the HP bar) to keep things chugging along. Instead they went the easy route and made it grind, grind, grind. The Voth ground zone is probably their best map to date, you are always moving, kept engaged, and it has great rewards. They tried with Borg Disconnected but you end up feeling like you´d rather be fighting the Borg, Undine, and Voth at the same time in a desperate four way space battle instead of worrying about the newest brand of liberated borg.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Even all the HP and the fact that the NPCs aren't any smarter... and that most of the more casual players are having a hard time with advanced still...

The issue as I see it is the leveling experience.

If cryptic had a brain they would realize 90% of the games pop is casual and set XP levels accordingly.

There is no reason for a casual player to have to play 20 weekends to level one toon. Its painful and I can understand how those people would be frustrated.

I mean I played the Heck out of this game and still have yet to full cap one toon at 110. Which is why I'm off playing other games... TRIBBLE STO, I'm not playing 1000 hours per toon just to level it.

I am not sure what they where worried about... after most of us leveled one toon us "non Casual" players would have started on the next toon.

I have no idea what they where thinking with the play 1-2 hours for one level on the bar. At the current rate its what 10-15 hours of game play (if you boringly repeat the same patrol the entire time) just to go from 50-60... and then you have 5x to look foward to finish. If they wanted us to not care about the post 60 points they should have done like most developers and made there post skill tree system very minor. In Rift for instance after your done leveling and start earning bonuses there things like +1 to a stat. Not entirely new skills and crazy good things like training of tier 3 skills... and trait unlocks ect. They have given us no choice but to care about all 60 levels past 50...

I mean even if your burning boosters the entire time and getting one level per hour constantly... its 60 HOURS of eye ball burning boring backside game play. To be honest I can't believe as many people are still playing as there are.

Going from 50-110 should take around 8-10 hours of game play. Yes we would get there fast... the PvE players have proven they don't need to be constantly leveling or earning things to be happy... and they have Time Gated delta rep to work on still.... the non casual players like most of us have multiple toons that we would gladly level and then UPGRADE gear on and BUY ships for ect. As it is if we decide to gut out 60+ hours to level a one toon we sure as heck won't be doing another.

Anyway ya Delta is a blunder bla bla bla we all know it... and we all need to go on hiatus to force Cryptic to admit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tldr thread.

I'm surprised there's this much to discuss since STO will be obsolete well before SC releases.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is no reason for a casual player to have to play 20 weekends to level one toon. Its painful and I can understand how those people would be frustrated.

I mean I played the Heck out of this game and still have yet to full cap one toon at 110. Which is why I'm off playing other games... TRIBBLE STO, I'm not playing 1000 hours per toon just to level it.

I am not sure what they where worried about... after most of us leveled one toon us "non Casual" players would have started on the next toon.

I have no idea what they where thinking with the play 1-2 hours for one level on the bar.
    Pretty sure this was a follow-on to the quarterly earnings conference call where PWE were complaining about people migrating to tablet games, and so they were looking for ways to get people to spend more time in-game to compensate.

Kind of telling that they went with infinite grind and didnt go for better gameplay

Best analogy for this game is small time restaraunt that gets the idea of boosting revenues by charging for parking
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    tldr thread.

I'm surprised there's this much to discuss since STO will be obsolete well before SC releases.

Well that could be a very very long time.

I mean 6 or 7 years from now some game house may pick up the rights to the name and release a SC phone game or something. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Kind of telling that they went with infinite grind and didnt go for better gameplay

I wonder what´s going on inside Cryptic. A friend that played neverwinter for a while tells me its constantly getting updates, that Cryptic is really pushing it hard. We all know that Cryptic moves its people around to whatever project they feel is their priority. So now we´re going down the route of CO... slow stagnation and to make this content seem longer they decide to drown us in grind?
  • Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The more of us that cut back our STO to F2P once a month log in status the better. I think the game is at a point where the majority of the pve folks are starting to feel the same way all us PvPers have been feeling for to long.

I would love to come back into STO full on if Cryptic starts making some positive changes. The last few months have convinced me to start looking for something else to play.

ED launches DEC 16. Mention it to some of your friends. You guys may have fun there. SC not counting all the arguing we have been making for it being the next big vaporware... its still 2 years off.

TOR has a new major expansion coming in Dec... if you pay the 20 bucks for it preorder right now they even give you a 12x XP boost so you can take a new toon and easily be end game before the new content hits. (I honestly went back there and started a new toon on a different server and am almost done leveling it already after a few days of casual play... 12x boost is the polar opposite of Cryptics leveling lol) The ship combat in TOR is still more a mini game then a full on space sim type thing... but its a nice fun distraction. Honestly I don't see myself sticking around in TOR after I play out the new content that's coming. There F2P model is terrible. The only way to really play it F2P is to sub for at least one month make a bunch of credits in game so you can buy a ton of unlocks... and anything expensive you will need. They have a harsh credit cap that can never be lifted as a F2P which means any future stuff that costs more then the cap is a no go. Even to just log into PvP you have to buy weekly passes. Its a frustratingly bad F2P system... if they had a proper one I would likely log in all year 1-2 weekends a month to PvP. As it is since launch I have subbed for 1-2 months every year. lol EA isn't all that smart.

EVE also has a major content edition coming in Dec. Lots of people say its hard to get into as a new player and call it silly things like Spreadsheets online. Truth is its a fun game even if your low level... and even more fun if you start the game with 5 or 6 friends. If you or your friends are excited about the world aspect Roberts has been trying to sell with SC... EvE is already 10x better then anything he will do there. The fighting is a different style then SC of course... but to be honest coming from STO Eve is a lot more like the combat people are used to in STO then SC is. SC is more a twitch pilot game... where as Eve combat is a bit slower and more like a MMO complete with weapon builds and mid and low slots to put consoles in ect. I've been debating in just going back to eve myself... in fact I am back there right now for one month anyway. CCP emailed me a sweet deal for a free month and I said why not. CCP is the 100% opposite style of Dev compared to Cryptic. They take care of there game and love it... and there 100% pvp. Yes the stories of them laughing at people that have been ripped off and such are true... that doesn't mean that is the normal in EvE though. When playing eve just remember to never risk more then you can laugh about loosing... and that its a game. People hear the crazy stories from eve cause it is such a unique server, there are no shards no instances... anything that happens is right there for everyone to see. If a system gets flipped or blockaded or a major corp falls apart or whatever it effects everyone.
    /Eve Wall lol

Then of course there are a lot of people playing the "sandpark" game Archage... no ship combat at all. Well done ground though and it seems to have a pretty good balance of Hand holding PvE for leveling and a more open sandbox style once you hit mid game or so. No space nothing though which is painful. :)

Can't agree w/the no instances part. It's just EvE does a good job w/masking them. Each system is basically it's own instance (jump gates et al mask this). Deadspace encounters are basically their own instance too (ever try to fly into a deadspace encounter w/o warping to it? Can't be done, the warp is the masking of the instance switch(or sub-instance if you will)).

Don't get me wrong I like EvE and it's been too long since I hopped on, but it does have its own issues (time gated skill point grind being the big one imo). Oddly, I was annoyed when they got rid of in game jukebox (used to like to relax to smoke down below and green nebula when lolz mining or mining w/lazors). The youtube variants are slightly different I think, but still nice every now & then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9kBpXn58g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBhNAmeFGs

Side note: I'm more of a pugger and tend to avoid fleet politics, but HOBOs vs Goons in EvE would be funny.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not going to read this whole thread but I will answer the question in the title.

Yes. When Star Citizen comes out (which will be something this decade) STO will be obsolete. You should just get rid of all your stuff and leave now. Be ready for super EVE or what ever that game is trying to do.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It's funny because the queues are so horrible in XPs.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Side note: I'm more of a pugger and tend to avoid fleet politics, but HOBOs vs Goons in EvE would be funny.

That would be funny... hobos would find themselves outnumbered I'm sure. :)

With the instance comment I simply mean there is no Qued maps to jump into for pvp or anything where the only people that know anything happened are the people that where there. Unless they stream it or you tube it. Like you are pointing out big battles and wars between corps "fleets" get noticed by all if there large enough.

The time gating on the training is different no doubt. I sort of like that you can que up a bunch and just forget it though. It does mean new players can't perhaps jump in as easily and do anything they want... have to earn your way first. I just started a new toon though cause its been so long since I played my old ones.. honestly pretty easy to train up enough to make those lower level ships effective. :)

Eh its something to do other then STO for a bit anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That would be funny... hobos would find themselves outnumbered I'm sure. :)

With the instance comment I simply mean there is no Qued maps to jump into for pvp or anything where the only people that know anything happened are the people that where there. Unless they stream it or you tube it. Like you are pointing out big battles and wars between corps "fleets" get noticed by all if there large enough.

The time gating on the training is different no doubt. I sort of like that you can que up a bunch and just forget it though. It does mean new players can't perhaps jump in as easily and do anything they want... have to earn your way first. I just started a new toon though cause its been so long since I played my old ones.. honestly pretty easy to train up enough to make those lower level ships effective. :)

Eh its something to do other then STO for a bit anyway.

Or mayb-just mayb we could sto folk vs ......... Without the 14 bitchiness thats in sto? And im interested in eve wat sort of monetary involvement are we talking to start from new?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    Or mayb-just mayb we could sto folk vs ......... Without the 14 bitchiness thats in sto? And im interested in eve wat sort of monetary involvement are we talking to start from new?

I got a deal email cause I havn't played in a few years. I think the current sub rate is 15 bucks a month. Its not f2p which is sucks... and doesn't all at the same time. I am not sure honestly if they still charge anything for the game. If they charge anything though it would be light like 5-10 bucks.

If you are really into playing eve and start making lots of ISK (Credits) you can buy Plex (game time 1 plex =30 days) in game and pay your sub that way. (won't lie though not sure if that's realistic till you been playing awhile.

PS I hadn't subbed to EVE in a couple years... when I logged into one of my old toons it was still in a corp named "Gripple Chews Greenhouse" lol if anyone remembers Gripplechew from STO we did the eve thing for awhile anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I got a deal email cause I havn't played in a few years. I think the current sub rate is 15 bucks a month. Its not f2p which is sucks... and doesn't all at the same time. I am not sure honestly if they still charge anything for the game. If they charge anything though it would be light like 5-10 bucks.

If you are really into playing eve and start making lots of ISK (Credits) you can buy Plex (game time 1 plex =30 days) in game and pay your sub that way. (won't lie though not sure if that's realistic till you been playing awhile.

PS I hadn't subbed to EVE in a couple years... when I logged into one of my old toons it was still in a corp named "Gripple Chews Greenhouse" lol if anyone remembers Gripplechew from STO we did the eve thing for awhile anyway.

Wat about in game ships? Buy with in game currency? The 15 a mnth isnt a big deal if its a good game really i paid alot more into sto lol
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Look at the bottom of the page. It clearly says "Origin." Just what we don't need, another Origin game. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    Wat about in game ships? Buy with in game currency? The 15 a mnth isnt a big deal if its a good game really i paid alot more into sto lol

Ships are all in game currency yes. It can be as expensive or cheap in game as you like. Lots of people will go an pvp with pretty inexpensive ships. As I'm sure you have heard though some people do fly the larger ships that can cost tons of in game credits fully kitted out. Loosing one of those must suck. lol I have never flown anything I would cry to much about loosing myself. You can also get insurance on anything really important to you. (not that you don't loose when you die... but you can make it less painful).

Its a fun game in general... but it can be a bit overwhelming. Coming from more standard MMO fair you also have to get used to the very cool and strange interface that feels like your using some futuristic minimalist linux os or something. :)

Check out some youtube videos and stuff and see if its for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    One other thing with EVE... its about to have a bunch of changes as well. Major update in Dec.

Things like manual flight control options. People have complained about mouse navigation since forever :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlgTZQtwpQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZcs-wjMR3c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm still chuckling at this segment from the AT12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZUpLzCHuc&t=4h13m58s
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm still chuckling at this segment from the AT12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZUpLzCHuc&t=4h13m58s

That was fun... I think everyone knew how that was ending 30s in. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder what´s going on inside Cryptic. A friend that played neverwinter for a while tells me its constantly getting updates, that Cryptic is really pushing it hard. We all know that Cryptic moves its people around to whatever project they feel is their priority. So now we´re going down the route of CO... slow stagnation and to make this content seem longer they decide to drown us in grind?

The thing is - you're hearing something from a friend. He may think closely along your lines, since he's a friend to you, but - he may still have a bit different idea what "constantly getting updates" means to him and what it means to you.

We get a new patch every week, IIRC. We just got a major expansion released. We had Season 9.5 just a few weeks before that. Would he see this is as "constantly getting update"or would it be something else?

But of course, the simple reason for differences in update frequency and size between NWN, STO and CO is - player counts. The less players, the smaller the team supporting the game and bringing expansions to it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That was fun... I think everyone knew how that was ending 30s in. lol

Everybody but the commentators...which made it such a trip to watch. Sitting there listening to them, watching what was going on, knowing what was going to happen...and wondering just wtf they were talking about - and then the way they tried just to keep talking as if they hadn't been so wrong...then doing it again, lmfao...it was awesome!
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Star Citizen will not make STO obsolete, becuase STO Dev's already doing a very good job of making STO obsolete before Star Citizen could be released.
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i don't think it will star citizen is a different game play style. I know a lot of the pvp group will migrate to it (me included) but as far as pve and the "trek feel" i think sto is where a lot of people will still come to be a treky that's the only reason sto will be around for a while. i will still get on here to get my trek nerd on even though im not a huge treky so i can imagine the hard core guys that know episodes names will be on here day in and out!
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i don't think it will star citizen is a different game play style. I know a lot of the pvp group will migrate to it (me included) but as far as pve and the "trek feel" i think sto is where a lot of people will still come to be a treky that's the only reason sto will be around for a while. i will still get on here to get my trek nerd on even though im not a huge treky so i can imagine the hard core guys that know episodes names will be on here day in and out!

It's more that Star Citizen will have elements that'll appeal to Trek fans. Like being on a "tall ship" as you meaningfully explore the galaxy (there was a large thread about exploring the Persistent Universe using an Idris frigate dolled out with exploration equipment), sending away teams down to planets and interacting with fellow crewmembers. Just the feeling of walking down a corridor, looking out the window and seeing a local planet will be something this game doesn't offer.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2014

Shut up rand I hate you.

Also, teach me how to hax it.

Also, look into Elite Dangerous.

I think I might buy a joystick and throttle thingie.

Haven't played anything like that since forever.

Also I hate you. Have I mentioned that?

Hey I wonder what's a good one of those joystick and throttle thingies?

Some are very expensive.

Dinosaurs like purple pancakes and deviled eggs, as long as there is paprika on both.

Also I hate you.

Have fun kill bad guys.
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Look at the bottom of the page. It clearly says "Origin." Just what we don't need, another Origin game. :rolleyes:

You must be referring to the ship manufacturing company's within the game, Origin *the old game studio* has nothing to do with SC other then CR use to work for them Way back when he worked for EA.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

:D
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Hey I wonder what's a good one of those joystick and throttle thingies?

Some are very expensive.

Well, There´s a few options. In the around $200 dollar range HOTAS (joystick and throttle) which I am sure we can all consider "expensive"..... I looked at the Rhino X-55 HOTAS from Saitek and the fighterstick/throttle from CH Products. I went with CH due to their legendary longevity. The X-55 looks sexy though.

aureleus wrote: »
    You must be referring to the ship manufacturing company's within the game, Origin *the old game studio* has nothing to do with SC other then CR use to work for them Way back when he worked for EA.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

:D

IN Star Citizen all the in fiction mayor ship manufacturers are names from places Chris Roberts has worked at or owned. Origin became Origin the luxury ship manufacturer, Digital Anvil became Anvil Aerospace, maker of military craft, and so on. They sprinkle call outs to Chris Roberts past all over the game. The dogfight module ended up being called "Arena Commander", a call out to Wing Commander. Its put out by Original Systems, a call out to Origin. And its headed by someone named Blair. Christopher Blair was the ace pilot you flew as in the Original Wing Commander, played by Mark Hamill in the cinematic of Wing Commander 3 and Wing Commander 4. You can watch them all on YouTube and personally I feel they make better movies than the actual Wing Commander movie itself. Honestly, outside of Outlander, Chris Roberts is just not that great at movies. At all.
This discussion has been closed.