Install Arc
Options

Server downtime Nov 8th, 2014

Comments

• Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Surely you jest merging threads is way more important than getting us a response :D

how is it more imporatant then getting infomation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hell I could watch TRIBBLE and football at the same time and I wouldn't be disconnected as much as STO has done today :D
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Way to do another post about the SAME gripe we all have today.

READ THE FORUMS.

This has been posted.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Let's see if they move this one too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Do you really think it's a mod's job to ask for information and post it on the forums? He's a moderator not a community manager or a dev :rolleyes:

I don't want to know, but it is possible the mods aren't even in the same state as Cryptic's servers.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    how is it more imporatant then getting infomation

you do realize I was poking fun at what was said right? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi,

The game has been having connectivity problems - from what's been posted so far this issue also includes other Cryptic games such as Neverwinter. Their engineers are working on the issue.

There's been no word on what has caused the problem, be it hardware, DDOS or something else.

There has been little word from the STO Devs and the Community Team, but please remember that it is the weekend.

The issue is no geographic - people are having the same issue in the US, EU and I even saw one post saying Russia.

If I hear back from anyone with any further details I'll let you know.

I know it is frustrating but we'll just have to wait.

LLAP, MidNite
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    I don't want to know, but it is possible the mods aren't even in the same state as Cryptic's servers.

As far as I know Cryptic's office is onthe West coast, the servers on the East cost and the mods... somewhere in between :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    As far as I know Cryptic's office is onthe West coast, the servers on the East cost and the mods... somewhere in between :D

And were also out of Coffee :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbv5B71KmkA
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Hi,

The game has been having connectivity problems - from what's been posted so far this issue also includes other Cryptic games such as Neverwinter. Their engineers are working on the issue."

http://www.lafline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Next-Time-Someone-Claims-To-Be-An-Engineer-Give-them-this-Test-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've just merged more threads on the server disconnects
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Having a lot of trouble when normally I almost never dc.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hmmmm ... wont be spending any money anytime soon .... lolllll

server crashes are so freaking awesome and cool
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Btw the lack of official responses is incredible. I know, probably they just have no clue about the problem and they are working on a fix, but at least one single little official post would be very appreciated. C'mon cryptic, more communication ;)
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi,

The game has been having connectivity problems - from what's been posted so far this issue also includes other Cryptic games such as Neverwinter. Their engineers are working on the issue.

There's been no word on what has caused the problem, be it hardware, DDOS or something else.

There has been little word from the STO Devs and the Community Team, but please remember that it is the weekend.

The issue is no geographic - people are having the same issue in the US, EU and I even saw one post saying Russia.

If I hear back from anyone with any further details I'll let you know.

I know it is frustrating but we'll just have to wait.

LLAP, MidNite

the weekend...... thats a joke we are paying people who buy products from them, they should do more to get the server back online weather its the weekend or not. our money pays for their wages. pwe/cryttpic should be asshamed of that using that as a cover is not good enough, real answers would be nice or knowing they are working on the problem..

ik its not ur fault but look at it how a paying people do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just subbed back to WoW. New expansion next week. Got that itch again.

I'll still play sto though, just not as much.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    montjoie63montjoie63 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Friday Subscribed to STO
    Saturday Unsubscribed to STO
    Sunday uninstalled STO?
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What we need is a climbing song.
  • Options
    oosgearoo007oosgearoo007 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for that.

But any news on whats wrong are they even looking at the problem with Startrek online???:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    Btw the lack of official responses is incredible. I know, probably they just have no clue about the problem and they are working on a fix, but at least one single little official post would be very appreciated. C'mon cryptic, more communication ;)

That's why they merged/moved all of the threads here, to the black hole, so they can ignore them all at once. So much more convenient to ignore stuff when it's all conveniently and centrally located.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's why they merged/moved all of the threads here, to the black hole, so they can ignore them all at once. So much more convenient to ignore stuff when it's all conveniently and centrally located.

Uh no. As it's been stated more times than we've had downtime, we merge them all into one thread to keep it easy to find updates. Any moderator, or CM can update the first post to show information, and when it's all said and done we have 1 thread to close instead of 30+ to close with details.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Zero speaks ... https://twitter.com/zeroniusrex/status/531205840519172096
    "To all the #STO players out there, Cryptic is aware of and working on the network issues that are causing disconnects."
  • Options
    steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On average, I'm logging out every 2½ minutes. This is not a good thing while trying to complete Mirror Invasion on a large number of toons. I hope that the Mirror Invasion event will be extended to allow us to collect the full number of transporter modules?
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Data: "The rate of quantum incursions is increasing exponentially. At this rate, the forums will be completely filled with server down threads within three days."
  • Options
    dansedan5101dansedan5101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A lot of players ACTUALLY work for a living and when it comes to the weekend is when we get time to play - whoever is fixing this issue needs to remember WHERE their money comes from. This is beyond unacceptable, my question is WHEN are they going to FINALLY get this right?
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    the weekend...... thats a joke we are paying people who buy products from them, they should do more to get the server back online weather its the weekend or not. our money pays for their wages. pwe/cryttpic should be asshamed of that using that as a cover is not good enough, real answers would be nice or knowing they are working on the problem..

ik its not ur fault but look at it how a paying people do

It's the weekend...These people have lives too. By this happening on a weekend that means there people who's job it is to fix stuff like this have to drive into work and are not already there.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Way to do another post about the SAME gripe we all have today.

READ THE FORUMS.

This has been posted.

I posted in the other Thread soon after it was created... :D But that thread is old!

See it was working... For a little while. I actually got something done.

Then it reverted to disconnecting me repeatedly. So I came here and decided that the "Old Thread" was just for ******** about the issue. And I wanted to set a slightly different tone for a change. (Something at which I may not have succeeded btw!)

And if you don't like it that's fine. But this is a small part of "Freedom of Speech". If PWE doesn't like it they can lock and delete the thread.
  • Options
    montjoie63montjoie63 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014

They've just got the beers out and have started to watch the football, can't it wait until Monday?
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thanks a lot devs im gonna have to miss doing mirror event tonight and tryed doing one tonight but got dc'd I deserve compensation :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Zero speaks ... https://twitter.com/zeroniusrex/status/531205840519172096
    "To all the #STO players out there, Cryptic is aware of and working on the network issues that are causing disconnects."

It only took 55 pages :D
This discussion has been closed.