test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Video] More Wizardry from the Incredible Ryan: ISA 40k DPS in a Galaxy (not Gal-X)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Who's Ryan??

Good figures though.

Ryan is a Reisigb
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You cannot sincerely deny there is some "showing-off and do you see how good I am (you are)" going on here and some face rubbing like look how good I am and I am better then you attitude. Like people do with cars on the Deutsche Autobahn (German highway) show off how fast they are. And of course one can say then stop whining and work to get a better car too. It's not the car not the driving that the issue, but the attitude.

The difference is, that they are saying "Look what can be done! (ASTERISK)"

The asterisk leading to "And, you can do it too. If you want advice on how, we will give it to you."

If it was showing off and "LOL u noobz" that would be different. But I don't see that. Maybe it's just me?
  • Options
    rogerthomsonrogerthomson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    The difference is, that they are saying "Look what can be done! (ASTERISK)"

The asterisk leading to "And, you can do it too. If you want advice on how, we will give it to you."

If it was showing off and "LOL u noobz" that would be different. But I don't see that. Maybe it's just me?

Topic titel -> More Wizardry from the Incredible Ryan.

It does not say: You can do this too, we can help you If you want (or something like that).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    unfortunately so.
    the trinities origins as a single player mechanic mean that premade teams designed to act as a gestalt unit are much more able to exploit the environment than a group that hasnt had the ability to construct the collective build in such a way regardless of intentions.

that being what got rpg's the "win by calculator, before the map loads" reputation, that competitive gamers shun the genre for.
    Not sure what RPGs you're talking about, but in stuff like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, team composition is half the build.

Can you run a team of just Dark Knights? Sure... is it a good idea? No.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Topic titel -> More Wizardry from the Incredible Ryan.

It does not say: You can do this too, we can help you If you want (or something like that).

Look at post #37.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Look at post #37.

Sure: 37 posts later.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sure: 37 posts later.

I hope that was supposed to be funny, because it made me LOL. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I hope that was supposed to be funny, because it made me LOL. :D

Good that you are happy. Can you stay that way?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good that you are happy. Can you stay that way?

I tend to. Thanks for the joke, though. :)
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Depends - is your content single player or multiplayer? Single player it would just be a nice to know, but in multiplayer teamwork like that is sort of the whole point.

And STO PvE (and, Ker'rat/Cap'n'splode excepted, PvP) is all about teamwork.
    anhero666 wrote: »
    But most things worth doing in STO are done in a team setting. If all you do is solo content on normal, then fine. Most people want to do advanced or elite ques, and they ***** when we show them how. We upload a video of us doing Korfez, easily. "Oh it's ONLY because of teamplay and buff stacking, who cares." Then turn around and ***** on the forums about " Korfez is too hard"

I can only see the solo dps thing being valid if everything worth doing was soloable.

Like I said, I see both sides of the coin.

I get the point of teamwork and, how it gets things accomplished much better and, far quicker.

But, I also see the side that people like to evaluate individual dps, as to get a good generalized # for when they aren't in a group or, doing group content.

Basically they like dps #'s that represent the individual so, this way when doing content solo like an episode mission as an example, they know what they are pounding out on their own or, in a sense the minimal amount they might be contributing to a team possibly.

To me personally, I like going off of both numbers, as it helps me determine overall performance in any given situation, whether it be solo, pug, pre-made team and, even gives me a good basis in factoring averages for all of those situations as well.

You all make a fine point, I don't ever doubt it but, some people prefer seeing also the individual dps #'s, just so they get both baselines to benchmark from.

Either way, I am not arguing against what is shown by the OP, just pointing out what some people arguably would prefer to see.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!