test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Video] More Wizardry from the Incredible Ryan: ISA 40k DPS in a Galaxy (not Gal-X)

Comments

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    Actually he just did 18k on it--but sadly the video failed. We are trying again.

What black sorcery is this?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually he just did 18k on it--but sadly the video failed. We are trying again.

>.<

*psychically sends four flavors of technology-fixing-technobabble-named energy at the video software*
  • misteryhistory1misteryhistory1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would love to see the vid of an all T2 or lesser run.

I'm very jealous of what you guys do. But I know it may be possible to get on par with some time and real effort. Even some advice from your group would be helpful, I know I'd be happy with that :D
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Why would anyone be humiliated? - You guys seem like quite a cool bunch of people, and I have enjoyed your videos. It would be a shame if ya stumbled over the line into douchbaggery.

Take pride in your accomplishments, sure, but no need to drag peoples faces across the cat litter tray who don't have the same time and resources to accomplish the same.

We would never cross that line. We simply want to expand people's mind on how to approach this game. We get really tired of all the nay sayers out there telling us how we are doing it (or doing it wrong) when they, in turn, never offer anything up on their own.

Do we do this to rub people's nose in it?--ABSOLUTELY NOT! Actually it's to the contrary. But, to be honest, we do this because this is how we have to challenge ourselves in this game. End game content is not much of a challenge anymore.
    edited November 2014

I'm very jealous of what you guys do. But I know it may be possible to get on par with some time and real effort. Even some advice from your group would be helpful, I know I'd be happy with that :D

Join the channels and ask questions--we help anyone willing to listen an explore. All of our builds are available, etc.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We would never cross that line. We simply want to expand people's mind on how to approach this game. We get really tired of all the nay sayers out there telling us how we are doing it (or doing it wrong) when they, in turn, never offer anything up on their own.

Do we do this to rub people's nose in it?--ABSOLUTELY NOT! Actually it's to the contrary. But, to be honest, we do this because this is how we have to challenge ourselves in this game. End game content is not much of a challenge anymore.

Fair enough, but I don't understand this statement:
    We've discussed recording a run with all T1 ships but that might humiliate 90% of the playerbase.

If that is the case, whats with this^

Personally I would love to see you run it in T1 ships (if its possible) I enjoy watching people overcome the odds and excel above what is expected. Hell I would even watch it if you failed (simply because you tried). But the above post may get some peoples backs up.

Anyway, I'm an easygoing guy, I'll put it down to the username of the poster (sarcasm).

Looking forward to more vids :)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    We've discussed recording a run with all T1 ships but that might humiliate 90% of the playerbase.

Now if we can get Cryptic to realize that making changes for 10% of the game isn't worth it.

Well, they're seeing that now with the state of the queues.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm assuming the humiliate thing is in reference to so many people claiming that these are too hard to do with their t5u/t6 ships. Some people take it personally.

I love the "yeah, this ship sucks" (with subsequent roflstomp) type videos. This was entertaining to me.
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My Rifter would kick your butts.
    :P
    edited November 2014
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I don't understand this statement:

If that is the case, whats with this^

Personally I would love to see you run it in T1 ships (if its possible) I enjoy watching people overcome the odds and excel above what is expected. Hell I would even watch it if you failed (simply because you tried). But the above post may get some peoples backs up.

Anyway, I'm an easygoing guy, I'll put it down to the username of the poster (sarcasm).

Looking forward to more vids :)

It means we are sensitive to the player base and don't want people to feel bad.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It means we are sensitive to the player base and want people to feel bad.

Okey dokey!
    edited November 2014
    Ryan has officially broken STO. more information later after i change my pants.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every time I think I'm good at STO.. I just watch a video like this.

Then I cry and play something else. :D

Seriously tough.. wow.

I honestly have no idea how what I just saw was even possible. Your damage is off the charts.. a Galaxy that can out damage 90% of the Scimitars in the game.

Unreal.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014

aye but they are fully kitted out and have some nice traits... 100 mil ec and doffs that run in that range or higher.

too rich for my blood and I dont want to spend real cash on a lock box lotto.

still amazing what they can do given the team work and strats they use.
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok things I noticed by watching the video:

1-This seems like a crit hit build. If it is, then it shouldn't count. I do not think PW wants everyone to only play with just crit hit builds. That is not what i want in a game.

2- The person is constantly using emergency power to weapons and fire at will. This is another play style and again i do not want to be made to use only specific skills to play a game.

3-also do you know dps stand for "Damage per second"? Each ship fires a volley, the beam arrays don't just fire one time. When I looked at the damage tracks i didn't see really big numbers because the ship was too far away. Your weapon may say your doing 40k dps, but if your 9km away for the target I guarntee your not doing that!

4-stop posting these videos on how much damage you can do. I want to continue to build unique ships and use skills others don't....and see what cool things happen.
    edited November 2014

1-This seems like a crit hit build. If it is, then it shouldn't count. I do not think PW wants everyone to only play with just crit hit builds. That is not what i want in a game.

2- The person is constantly using emergency power to weapons and fire at will. This is another play style and again i do not want to be made to use only specific skills to play a game.

So you would like Ryan to post something without Crit, FAW, or Emergency Power to Weapons?

All I have to say is that my pants are currently in the washing machine and i suggest you staple your socks to your feet.
    3-also do you know dps stand for "Damage per second"? Each ship fires a volley, the beam arrays don't just fire one time. When I looked at the damage tracks i didn't see really big numbers because the ship was too far away. Your weapon may say your doing 40k dps, but if your 9km away for the target I guarntee your not doing that!

Dammit she's figured it out. Time to disband the DPS league guys.
    4-stop posting these videos on how much damage you can do. I want to continue to build unique ships and use skills others don't....and see what cool things happen.

No. we want to prevent you from making unique builds by posting videos on an internet forum.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014

1- Crit hit builds are the most effective build in this game, and many others. Yes that is a crit build because only a fool would not try to maximize his crits.

2- Once again only a fool would not try to maximize his damage by using EPTW and BFAW. The galaxy is an absolutely terrible ship, one has to make it viable some how.

3- The DPS from the combat log is actual damage done to your target, with the range damage decrease factored in. Before you try to tell us about DPS please do some research.

4- You want to build unique ships that are not combat effective, we want to show you how to be better and not have you making bad builds. Can't have everything you want unfortunately.
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    My Rifter would kick your butts.
    :P

Oh. thank you for this, lol...
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looks great ;)

No denying the piloting skills...

Is it possible to see a run that doesn't rely on the support of a Xindi carrier and 3 scimitars?

This is what bothers me about these parses. I have my doubts that with say 5 Galaxy's the parse would be as high. This seems more like the other ships are carrying the Galaxy and inflating the numbers. Not to say the Galaxy isn't running a great build and the pilot isn't doing a great job. I just doubt this Galaxy would be showing such high numbers if it was teamed with other subpar ships.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about run with a dhc ship instead of beam array faw?

Sure beam array faw takes skill but i would love to see someone break 50k dps with a dhc ship let alone get anywhere near 100k.
  • misteryhistory1misteryhistory1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Join the channels and ask questions--we help anyone willing to listen an explore. All of our builds are available, etc.

It's not as if I'm some slouch though, I've gotten to 10K DPS on my own without help (except my current build is based upon one from my fleet) and I'm sure when im fully Mk 14 I'll be pushing 15K in my Fleet Defiant. I'm pretty sure someone from the channels invited me about a year ago and I wasn't interested at the time. But now rethinking that since real life changed for me and I can't seem to get my head around all these extra new consoles and stuff these days.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seeing what? You must be delusional. You could not have seen 4 stacks of APB3 anywhere in that video.

We run APO3.

Well, someone was running APB, because even I could see the de-buff plain as day but, I am not complaining that you use it.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014

On the one hand we have those that build the best they can out of the game mechanics they're given.
    On the other hand we have those that completely ignore the game mechanics and build whatever they fancy, and then expect the mechanics to bow to their whims.

The former will have no problem with anything the game throws at them, the latter will be oft disappointed and frustrated when the game fails to alter its mechanics to cater to their individual whims.
    Well, someone was running APB, because even I could see the de-buff plain as day but, I am not complaining that you use it.

If I were to guess, they have APB1 and APO3.
    That's what I tend to run, anyway. :P
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    On the one hand we have those that build the best they can out of the game mechanics they're given.
    On the other hand we have those that completely ignore the game mechanics and build whatever they fancy, and then expect the mechanics to bow to their whims.

The former will have no problem with anything the game throws at them, the latter will be oft disappointed and frustrated when the game fails to alter its mechanics to cater to their individual whims.

If I were to guess, they have APB1 and APO3.
    That's what I tend to run, anyway. :P

Well, APO as far as I know doesn't show any active symbol on enemies, only the user of it gets the buff w/symbol but, APB most definitely shows an active de-buff symbol on the recipient.

That's how I can tell someone was applying it to the enemies but, like I said I don't blame anyone for using it, who wouldn't use it!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Would love to see this kind of dps from an engineer or science, or is this a tac only thing?
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tbh, we need to establish a way/mission that tests dps of your ship in an environment that doesn't involve other players. Aka, solo environment without influences of outside players.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sigh.

DPS-Elite - "One of us got 40k out of a Galaxy Retrofit, and 8k out of an NX!"

Other players - "Meh." "Lets see you do it under my prescribed circumstances." "Teamwork doesn't count." "Debuff stacking is cheating." "Crit builds are wrong." "My understanding of how DPS parsers is flawed but I'm just going to run my incorrect mouth anyway." "What about the average person who can't do 10k in a T6?" "But what about my special snowflake build?"

FFS.

ETA - in case people haven't seen the other thread, the NX is now up to 25k DPS.

And people are still behaving as outlined above...
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Sigh.

DPS-Elite - "One of us got 40k out of a Galaxy Retrofit, and 8k out of an NX!"

Other players - "Meh." "Lets see you do it under my prescribed circumstances." "Teamwork doesn't count." "Debuff stacking is cheating." "Crit builds are wrong." "My understanding of how DPS parsers is flawed but I'm just going to run my incorrect mouth anyway." "What about the average person who can't do 10k in a T6?" "But what about my special snowflake build?"

FFS.

ETA - in case people haven't seen the other thread, the NX is now up to 25k DPS.

And people are still behaving as outlined above...

Sorry but any true test of DPS build is single target/aoe under controlled conditions and STO doesnt really have that due to a number of factors. You would need something like a combat dummy.

I'm not knocking these guys for putting up big numbers. Its far more then the average players 1500dps. I swear they run 0 weapon power sometimes to be that sad on dmg.

But I am not impressed by good group tactics raising up the numbers of inferior ships, sorry they are what they are and while in a team they can be respectable it is a factor in my judgement.

With enough buffs/debuffs you could get a shuttle to do 100k dps doesnt make the player strong or the ship OP. Numbers are numbers and in team based combat they get skewed in this game, thems the breaks.

Nothing I have seen in these videos is over the top impressive considering the ship make ups and teamwork. Then again I have a brain that serves to do more then keep my skull from caving in. So impress the hell out of those 1500 dps people who can barely learn how to flip a light switch, just dont expect the rest of us to grovel at your feet.
  • lordbukkitlordbukkit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Sorry but any true test of DPS build is single target/aoe under controlled conditions and STO doesnt really have that due to a number of factors. You would need something like a combat dummy.

I'm not knocking these guys for putting up big numbers. Its far more then the average players 1500dps. I swear they run 0 weapon power sometimes to be that sad on dmg.

But I am not impressed by good group tactics raising up the numbers of inferior ships, sorry they are what they are and while in a team they can be respectable it is a factor in my judgement.

With enough buffs/debuffs you could get a shuttle to do 100k dps doesnt make the player strong or the ship OP. Numbers are numbers and in team based combat they get skewed in this game, thems the breaks.

Nothing I have seen in these videos is over the top impressive considering the ship make ups and teamwork. Then again I have a brain that serves to do more then keep my skull from caving in. So impress the hell out of those 1500 dps people who can barely learn how to flip a light switch, just dont expect the rest of us to grovel at your feet.

This. Whenever I see impossible numbers being claimed in the DPS department, and they show a video of it, I can't help but attribute majority of their potential to team synergy where debuffs after debuffs are stacked on mobs from different players. If anything, I want to see numbers and stats from lone parses without synergy bias. Say just start a lone run in a patrol mission.

Again the 25K in an NX just reeks of inflated numbers from team synergy.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jtoney3448 wrote: »

No, you are just plain totally wrong.

DPS - Damage per second - The amount of damage done in a given amount of time.

Ezriryan has got 25k DPS out of an NX. Fact. He was out-DPSing 1 or 2 players in every run. Fact.
    By any measure he was not being carried. Fact.

If you lot cannot accept these basic facts even talking to you is a waste of time.

The guy got 25k DPS out of an NX, and the response is exactly as I paraphrased/mocked - if you lot think you can do better, go ahead and do it. Go on.

But no, it is easier to just attack the guy because he actually used his brain to achieve a fantastic result, so in your collective envious uselessness it is all you do.