test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming changes to Hangar Pets and Separation pets.

Comments

• john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm so glad that pets supposedly being to good is being addressed in such a timely manner, my tray resetting every time i transition from ground to space is a low priority issue that clearly isn't game breaking, pets come first. Don't think I have forgotten about my broken fleet mark consultants either.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the update, but it was nice having pets that could survive a Warp Core Explosion. It was nice having pets be able to fend of mobs in MI so I could close rifts relatively easy too. Oh Well. They nerf it so be it just another aspect to add to the tedium known as Dilithium rising.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• jadenmiajadenmia Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic is simply blatantly refusing to fix its problems. Been that way, pretty much since retail launch really.

Perhaps it is high time we did jump ship, no matter how much loyalty we have to the StarTrek Franchise. In fact, if you do have that kind of loyalty, you should jump ship from STO on the bases that cryptic is both ruining the game and abusing your interest in StarTrek.

On that note, HERE! Have a Link to Star Citizen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF6UL8G54LE

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Perhaps we should start recommend better games to each other as an open rebellion against cryptic and its years of failure to address real problems and abuse our love of Star Trek, treating us like crack addicts.
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just another Nerf in a long line of nerfs lately that only is being done to make the current intel bling ships seem better than what they really are. This is just going to continue, my "Elite" Scorpion pets have been worthless since DR launched, only pets that have been worth anything have been the frigate types like the Jem Bug ship pets and the Aquatic and Tholian counter parts, now lets get rid of them being useful at all as well.

Cryptic, all your doing is driving your long standing players away, ive been here since launch, and it seems you really no longer care about the players that have put the time and effort into this game. All you do seem to care about is squeezing your new players for anything you can get before they see that you don't really give a TRIBBLE about them either.

Enjoy the game while it lasts folks, cause this isn't ending well.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well guys, i know it's frustrating, but more than 10-15k dps immortal pets had to be something wrong in the code... just saying
  • cwrichesonzenocwrichesonzeno Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This could be a great opportunity to rebalance some of the existing pets. Geko, it would be wonderful if the team could take a little bit of time to try and even out the playing field with certain pets. Elite Federation Shuttles, Caitian Stalkers, and certain other pets are rarely if ever used. I fly:

Elite Jem'Hadar Attack Ships / Recluse ships

Elite Scorpions or Swarmers

Elite Yellowstones (rarely)

If I were a Romulan player I would make use of the Drone ships.

There are many near options remaining that just don't deliver near the level of effectiveness of other pets. The remaining fighters of all types provide a notably lacking element compared to the above ships.

I fly carriers extensively and take great joy in using the pets. I can understand the need to keep pet damage in line with other game elements. My hope is to see pet damage scale more with player gear to provide a somewhat smoother curve for pet effectiveness. That said, in altering the ships please keep in mind that fighters and frigates generally lack the survivability of player starships and even with NPC scaling they are still frequently replenished even on normal difficulty.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    Well guys, i know it's frustrating, but more than 10-15k dps immortal pets had to be something wrong in the code... just saying

I simply don't buy this. My xindi carrier does less dps than all my other ships and her pets die frequently - especially to those vardwar jellyfish mines or whatever they are. My vesta pets die constantly.

Again - is this the most pressing issue in the game? Or is it the dead and rotting advanced queues?

If it's timed for an epic pet release this will actually benefit me personally as I can't acquire the 200,000 fleet credits for level 3 pets on this character. I would happily pay 200,000 dil for level 3 pets. But that's not the issue. The issue is fiddling while the game burns.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jadenmia wrote: »
    Do you not understand the difference between a player playing a character and an NPC that doesn't have enough sense to fly away from an explosion, won't redistribute shields, can't change out bridge officers for different powers, ect. ect. ect?
    I agree with you on all counts except the BOFF powers switchout. I think the lack of BOFF powers, at least on the frigate pets are the problem. Can't switch out what you don't have. Besides, IMHO they should receive optimal powers by default(at least the elite frigates)
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thing is they where not immortal they where just less useless and actually did something for once

122, 121, 120, 119,... 100, 99, 98, 97, 96,....80, 79, 78, 77, 76, 75, 74,...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

GET RID OF THE STUPID TIME GATE ON FORUM POSTS
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pets are overpowered?

Well, I don't know.
    I launch my oddy saucer or my scorpion fighters and within seconds they are all dead.
    Then I have to wait ages for them to respawn (if possible at all -> *cough* bugged odyssey chevron separation).

What is this nerf supposed to do now?
    Destroy my saucer while still being docked?
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    thing is they where not immortal they where just less useless and actually did something for once

122, 121, 120, 119,... 100, 99, 98, 97, 96,....80, 79, 78, 77, 76, 75, 74,...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

GET RID OF THE STUPID TIME GATE ON FORUM POSTS

Indeed, they were worth something, pre DR, but now you have all this wonderful DR content to play, so why do you need anything pre DR?
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We will be making some changes to Carrier Pets (e.g. Peregrine Fighters, To'Duj Fighter, Klingon Bird of Prey Pets, etc.), separation pets (like a Galaxy separated saucer, MVAM Pets, and Tal’Kyr Support craft, etc.), as well as similarly related pets (like the Odyssey Work Bees, consumable device Scorpion Fighters, Gorn Healing Platform Drones, etc.). All these items are leveless items and all these pets were using incorrect data that was causing their HP, shields, damage and healing to be too high. In some cases, the sum of the players pets were far outperforming the player’s ship itself. The HP, shields, damage, healing and related values for these pets are all being reduced to scale more consistently with other player gear.

Pets that are not affected are those that deal damage based on the player, instead of independent data. Changing these pets would have no affect since they are already using player data (e.g. Andorian Wing Cannons, Avenger VATA torpedo, Bio-neural Warhead, etc.).

This change only affects pets, and not the playable versions of any of these ships (e.g. the playable Jem Hadar Attack Ship and Danube Runabout are not affected).

Here is a complete list of all pets that are affected. If a pet is missed, it is probably a mistake. Please let us know, and we will look into it.

Bleth Choas Fighter
    Danube Runabout
    Delta Flyer
    Fer'Jai Frigate
    Ha'feh Assault Warbird
    Ha'nom Guardian Warbird
    HoH'SuS Bird-of-Prey
    Hull Repair Drone
    Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    Jem'Hadar Fighter
    Kazon Raider
    Marauding Force Shuttle
    Monbosh Control Craft
    Monbosh Support Craft
    N.X. Aquarius
    Obelisk Swarmer
    Oschu Shuttle
    Peregrine Fighter
    Plesh Brek Frigate
    Power Siphon Drone
    Qulash Frigate
    Romulan Drone Ship
    Scorpion Fighter
    Shield Repair Shuttle
    Shield Repair Unit
    Stalker Fighter
    Starfleet Chevron
    Starfleet Saucer
    Tachyon Drone
    Tal'Kyr Support Craft
    Tholian Mesh Weaver
    Tholian Widow Fighter
    To'Duj Fighter
    Type 8 Shuttle
    Vector Alpha
    Vector Beta
    Vector Gamma
    Voth Heavy Fighter
    Work Bee CMU
    Xindi-Aquatic Mobulai Frigate

Look for this change to go live to Holodeck in about 2-3 weeks.

LLAP
    Al “Captain Geko” Rivera

Wow. You people really are colossal morons. So many pressing issues right now and you walk in here and blabber about pets. PETS!

The useless part of a carrier!

What the fck.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    Pets are overpowered?

Well, I don't know.
    I launch my oddy saucer or my scorpion fighters and within seconds they are all dead.
    Then I have to wait ages for them to respawn (if possible at all -> *cough* bugged odyssey chevron separation).

What is this nerf supposed to do now?
    Destroy my saucer while still being docked?

I don't know about oddy saucer it only had around 50k hull when seperated but the dread saucer on the other hand had 104k hull lol. But hey it is okay that the npc's have 300k or more hull so where is the problem?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good to hear some passing confirmation that we're getting that Sar Theln for Christmas...and when my elite drones are parsing 7k EACH, instead of 3.5k, you know there's a problem.

That said, I think everyone would greatly appreciate a hangar pet buff--especially for non-Scimitard carriers, because those are serious weaksauce for all but the most experienced and dedicated pilots.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I simply don't buy this. My xindi carrier does less dps than all my other ships and her pets die frequently - especially to those vardwar jellyfish mines or whatever they are. My vesta pets die constantly.

Again - is this the most pressing issue in the game? Or is it the dead and rotting advanced queues?

Idk you guys why you didnt notice that, but, for example, my elite tholian mesh weavers in a random isa did more than the better faw3 in the team, almost 16k, and only one died in 5min... definitely something wrong.
    And i see xindi pets and obelisk ones do similar results... and it's like more than the average player dps out there.
    Btw, dont misunderstand me, i dont like that change as well, but if they are gaining these "buffs" from a code bug, the fix is right.
    If it's timed for an epic pet release this will actually benefit me personally as I can't acquire the 200,000 fleet credits for level 3 pets on this character. I would happily pay 200,000 dil for level 3 pets. But that's not the issue. The issue is fiddling while the game burns.

This would be a "coherent" step after the nerf :P, releasing elite pets for t5 fleet facilities or the possibility to upgrade the existing ones :P
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Wow. You people really are colossal morons. So many pressing issues right now and you walk in here and blabber about pets. PETS!

The useless part of a carrier!

What the fck.
    Because if they nerf them without saying why, they'd get flamed. Ironically.
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *sigh*
    *rests head on desk*

Just read what he said, I really don't want to start ranting about this, not so soon after the last fiasco.
    pyrogxmk3 wrote: »
    It's good that we were warned ahead of time. Of course, the reason it's good is that we get to, for once, point out how terrible an idea this is BEFORE it actually makes it live.

And terrible it is.

Now, I have a pretty good idea as to whom those being outperformed by carrier pets are. Many of us do. After all, *we've seen the livestream on twitch*. But you can't dumb things down to the lowest common devominator.

DR has been nothing but gigantic HP sponges. HP sponges and timers. Changing the focus away from DPS INDEED.

How exactly are NPC AI ships supposed to deal with NPC AI ships that are functionally identical but have ten times or more the health? A Scorpion fighter (aka 'wet tissue paper) cannot survive the, for example, mirror vessels, all of whom were ALREADY 1-2 shotting them with their universal point defense consoles or whatever it is they've got that acts like that.

Meanwhile, Science is still stuck with limits from back when you didn't want them to accidentally harm a sphere, Torpedoes are still stuck with half the DPS of energy weapons AND THEN get slashed to 1/8th by their shields (whom atop quartering have twice the resist against kinetic as they do energy), shields that no longer go down. Scrambling sensors hasn't worked at all in weeks, Mac users still can't play, the power tray still tosses things off randomly after the problem was supposedly repaired, and new players are getting permanently stuck in the academy (and don't return after they exit) after their first mission or two because you can't be bothered to let them beam out after the XP nerf makes the mission that would take them away fail to appear.

When people's pets being *almost, but not quite worthless enough* is your big important focus to work on, you might have a tiny problem with priorities.
  • bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nandospc wrote: »

really ive never logged up any 15k carrier pets average is 2k dps i did see one register 6k dps in a infected but that was just 1 player and couldnt replicate it with same pets so unless someone is exploiting a loophole then i dont see what the fuss is about ive not seen any awesome pets solo a cube or something.

there is a saying "A fool and his money are easily parted" , when the balance between a gamer having fun and paying for bits here and there the dev making a steady income , i even became a monthly gold player and bought inbetween if i wanted to try to get something from the evil boxes or get a ship , now seriously considering to cancel said membership and pug it for a bit.

the more time goes on and the nerf here and there and putting players who have paid for "some"
    lobi gear and fleet stuff to go from moderate player to pug in one swift patch, i begin to think why am i paying for this ..

If i stop enjoying a game i stop playing - as i have done with previous games and left all the money I put into it and walked away as not prepared to pay any more when i see it as a developer greed fest and not a new challenge.
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hehehe, tightening up the screws, don't worry it will continue until this piece of **** with ST logo on it is on par with say Neverwinter Online.

PWE luv u long time. :D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    incorrect data that was causing their HP, shields, damage and healing to be too high.

:eek: Wha??? HP/shields too high? You nutz? Especially on fighters who pop when you look at them? Does anyone use peregrines? They die before they even do anything. Now I might agree that some pets are OP vs other pets, but not EVERY pet is OP. I know my Tholian frigates survive well, but my Romulan Drone frigates are always dying.
    Pets doing more damage than the player ship.
    That's the POINT of a carrier. :rolleyes:

:mad: Four of my toons use pets: Tholian carrier, JHDC, Scimitar and Oddy. Thanks for giving me another reason to head back to WoW when it's new expansion drops this month. I should finish the Mirror Invasion and get my 50k Dil and shotgun right before 11/13.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Given the list, does this apply to NPC pets as well?
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    What's coming next? They going to nerf all the offensive capabilities of the host carriers.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    @CrypticGeko Considering we have had balancing of pets upto level 50 on multiple occasions from;

1. Moving from 3 hangar slots to 2
    2. implementation of pet promotions

Can we at least be assured that this balance pass is only going to effect the post level 50 scaling of pets and not the pre balanced levels upto level 50?

If it is not just level 51+ pets then why the big nerf as everything was working as intended after multiple balance passes on them already?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nerf this nerf that nerf nerf nerf

At that point I didn't even have the desire to grind XP for specializations. At least I could still enjoy my carrier JH dread gameplay... Even with its gated frigate pet BS. I was hoping for Christmas to get a t6 carrier..... Now I don't even know if I want to put out the effort for your grind for it.

It is with an extream amount of self moderation that all I say is **** this change.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    :eek: Wha??? HP/shields too high? You nutz? Especially on fighters who pop when you look at them? Does anyone use peregrines? They die before they even do anything. Now I might agree that some pets are OP vs other pets, but not EVERY pet is OP. I know my Tholian frigates survive well, but my Romulan Drone frigates are always dying.

That's the POINT of a carrier. :rolleyes:

Indeed, I have advanced Delta's.... in MI-normal they vanish within 10 seconds of a NPC's CSV. Obviously this is just too powerful and they need the nerf because they live to long. I mean, they may have the chance to get one shot in each before they die.

All clouds have a silver lining though. The money I was planning on spending on this game over the next month is instead just going to go in to just paying on a pre-order of the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus and Masterpiece Star Saber. I was considering only being able to get one and having to wait on the other, but they have succeeding in relieving my entertainment budget of an additional expense by working to make this game so god-awful that I no longer want to fund it.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same not the ultra magnus (i want my white prime in armor damnit!) but the star saber it just looks gorgeous and has a functioning brain master!
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • purple2dreampurple2dream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sto!!!

Fun is bad lets kill fun
    Alt toons are bad lets kill those to
    Grind is awesome more grind
    Greed is ethernal
    Exploration in sto what kill it now
    Ec is bad for us lets nerfbat that to
    Lets make elite content that 70% of our player base cant play(finish) oooohh yes thats so awesome more of such bright ideas NOW
    Harder content for same rewards yes please oh very much please
    XP rate is to high NERFBAT THAT NOW and at same time reduce xp boost from cstore to 1k
    instead of 3k as it was for a little while
    Lets repeat greed is ethernal
    3 contraband for 2k dill nah lets make it 5 more fun number
    Lets make crafting more exciting yes make it a lottery its fun not knowing what they gonna
    get at the end yes its exciting
    Our upgrade system is top notch lottery as well
    Time gate the time.....................................................

Im just tired so tired...

Oh yeah that GOLDEN nerfbat just melt it in some real gold
    you gonna need it soon(TM)
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We will be making some changes to Carrier Pets (e.g. Peregrine Fighters, To'Duj Fighter, Klingon Bird of Prey Pets, etc.), separation pets (like a Galaxy separated saucer, MVAM Pets, and Tal’Kyr Support craft, etc.), as well as similarly related pets (like the Odyssey Work Bees, consumable device Scorpion Fighters, Gorn Healing Platform Drones, etc.). All these items are leveless items and all these pets were using incorrect data that was causing their HP, shields, damage and healing to be...

And before I finished reading this I was thinking, 'yeah, it's got to be too low'. Nope, of course not.

All this means now is you'll in the future need to buy stronger pets in order to keep up with current content(assuming even they keep up).

I'm starting to think more and more, there needs to be someone at Cryptic that plays the game, and not just play the game but play it like it's a full time job so they can go back and provide the needed feedback to the devs and tell them what needs work and what doesn't.

They seem to have no clue as to what's happening to their own game at times, and it's not as if they listen to player's feedback any longer.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    NEWS FLASH --- " Cryptic to nerf OP pets - is this the end of the humble tribble? "

In response to the news, Tommy Fatboy-Baker said " For real...what's next, will they nerf my wardrobe because my suits are too sharp ".

Story to be continued...
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the game is at the point you need to either leave and speak with your actions, or live with the TRIBBLE.

I've effectively left, I'll log in once a day for a few minutes to socialize, no alts.

It is almost a joke how stupid this announcement is, like pets are the problem with the game..
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel