test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Perception of games current state - let them know!

adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
As if there weren't enough angry threads out there on the forums, how about one more? Perhaps one that displays a more human element(in a video) to how people are feeling right now about their game. And I say their game because I think a lot of people feel this game has meaning to them, whether they play because of a deep love for Star Trek and/or they have just been here from the beginning and/or they have invested a lot of money into this IP MMO.

I know some of you are perfectly content with the current state of the game and that's ok, this video might not be for you then. I didn't make this video to try and upset anyone but to hopefully capture the mood of the community and put a human element to the player base that has supported this game. I hope that Cryptic realizes there is a problem in the game and that Delta Rising was not a successful launch. Please stop denying this, my father used to do the same thing with my mom when it came to smoking. He would tell her, "I'm not smoking" with a lit cigarette behind his back, well he's dead now. People wouldn't be yelling on the forum if they didn't care, they would simply walk away, as I'm sure some have already.

Simply denying the truth won't solve anything. People want to see this game be successful but they won't wait forever. I hope that developers and other key people at Cryptic watch this video and have a positive takeaway from this video and make the appropriate changes needed in game. For the players I hope this video finds them well and truly expresses accurately the way they feel about Their Game. Please let me know if I got it right. Thanks for watching.
Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by adorenko on

Comments

• Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tweet it to them, post links on the facebook page, link it in every social manner possible. The more noise it makes the more they can't ignore the TRIBBLE storm they've caused.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Tweet it to them, post links on the facebook page, link it in every social manner possible. The more noise it makes the more they can't ignore the TRIBBLE storm they've caused.

This did tweet out to LaughingTrendy as she follows me on twitter.

• Options
    boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice vid! Have my like.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Most successful launch ever".

words1.jpg
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice vid william! Pretty much in a nutshell what has gone wrong in this game. The greedy moves in DR are so palpable even spending a little cash on sto now feels like im being swindled into it.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morden613 wrote: »
    "Most successful launch ever".

words1.jpg

For BUGS,,,,,,,
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,533 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Apparently Legacy of New Romulus was an expansion. Personally, I never considered it a expansion either as they just added half a faction and tied it to the two factions we have had since the beginning. If it was a fully independent faction, then I would consider LoR an expansion but for the most part, it was just a few more playable races with some specific mission content for them.

I definitely agree with the points you have made in the video. I do hope PWE takes note but considering we are at this point... I highly doubt that is going to happen.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I want to love the game like i love trek. Even opening your wallet but I am finding things really really really hard to level. I've stopped STF's all together. I no longer trust the devs. People ask me should i play the game. I tell them ask me again sometime because right now its NO. 
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    as If There Weren't Enough Angry Threads Out There On The Forums, How About One More? Perhaps One That Displays A More Human Element(in A Video) To How People Are Feeling Right Now About Their Game. And I Say Their Game Because I Think A Lot Of People Feel This Game Has Meaning To Them, Whether They Play Because Of A Deep Love For Star Trek And/or They Have Just Been Here From The Beginning And/or They Have Invested A Lot Of Money Into This Ip Mmo.

I Know Some Of You Are Perfectly Content With The Current State Of The Game And That's Ok, this Video Might Not Be For You Then. I Didn't Make This Video To Try And Upset Anyone But To Hopefully Capture The Mood Of The Community And Put A Human Element To The Player Base That Has Supported This Game. I Hope That Cryptic Realizes There Is A Problem In The Game And That Delta Rising Was Not A Successful Launch. Please Stop Denying This, My Father Used To Do The Same Thing With My Mom When It Came To Smoking. He Would Tell Her, "i'm Not Smoking" With A Lit Cigarette Behind His Back, Well He's Dead Now. People Wouldn't Be Yelling On The Forum If They Didn't Care, They Would Simply Walk Away, As I'm Sure Some Have Already.

Simply Denying The Truth Won't Solve Anything. People Want To See This Game Be Successful But They Won't Wait Forever. I Hope That Developers And Other Key People At Cryptic Watch This Video And Have A Positive Takeaway From This Video And Make The Appropriate Changes Needed In Game. For The Players I Hope This Video Finds Them Well And Truly Expresses Accurately The Way They Feel About Their Game. Please Let Me Know If I Got It Right. Thanks For Watching.

Qft!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the video is unavailable now.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I want to love the game like i love trek. Even opening your wallet but I am finding things really really really hard to level. I've stopped STF's all together. I no longer trust the devs. People ask me should i play the game. I tell them ask me again sometime because right now its NO. 

Yeah its seems like power creep all over again with the specializations but this time its needed to complete the new STFs in a reasonable time. I have successfully completed Conduit on Advanced several times but it takes 15 - 25 minutes longer and for less Dilithium than its predecessor did.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    the video is unavailable now.

Double check that, it should be fine I post the actual link below:

http://youtu.be/3OLEulq5Jls

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My statement is in the only format that Cryptic values: metrics.

As of yesterday, they have none from me.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The feeling I get from Cryptic's actions as of late:

1) DPS is the only way to go, if you can't do enough then this game isn't for you. Use a tactical character.

2) Alts are bad so we're going to make it take forever for you to max them out, also we're going to make it insanely expensive to upgrade all their gear... but we still want you to buy upgrade tokens and new T6 ships.

3) If you have any hope of doing any of the elite content you must upgrade all your gear or risk being called a noob. Also you must buy a tier 6 ship because it's 1000 times better than all the TRIBBLE ships we've come out with. Also we're going to decrease the rewards and increase the time it takes to complete elite queues because you're all spoiled.

4) We're gonna introduce brand new untested systems and the completely abandon them for another new system, and then add as many money pits to the systems as we can possibly put in them.

5) We introduced loadouts which makes you able to work with many different builds and encourages using different gear... then we forced upgrades and now you have 5 loadouts worth of gear to upgrade...

6) Buy more zen

Feels like they're trying to squeeze out all the f2p people in favor of the whales... elite content isn't worth the trouble anymore, outfitting multiple toons is ridiculously expensive, this game is slowly becoming a rich man's game :(
  • Options
    siranofvulcansiranofvulcan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Greetings,

My 4 major hangups with the current status of the game are these:

1. Optional mission failures should not trigger a main mission failure. I used to do the elites (currently, the advanced) religiously. Now, I don't. I don't even do the normals much anymore. I could live without getting the bonus the "Optional" missions gave, just so long as I got the rewards from the main mission. To me, giving us 10 marks for failing a mission is an insult plain and simple. They're rewarding us for failing!

2. Why reduce the rewards we get when we DO complete a mission successfully? I'm coming out of missions now with no dropped loot, more often than not. Why? I can understand them trying to make more money. The game would not be here if they didn't. I became a lifetime member a few months back. Guess what. I'm regretting that action because now I am stuck for as long as the game lives. Had I not been a lifetime[r] when Delta came out, I would have stopped playing STO and probably gone back to WoW.

3. Why make it so agonizingly slow to level up? I quit doing the Delta missions last week except when I need more reputation marks. I got 1 specialization point since making level 60 last week. If it's going to take a week or longer to get those points, what's the point?

4. My T5-U Fleet Avenger is much better than ALL of the T6 ships they want us to spend zen on. I will not leave my Avenger behind. It is my pride and joy.

Well, that's about it. I'm not very happy with how this game has devolved this month. The devs need to pay attention to ALL the players gripes and kudos, not just that of the "elite" few cry babies with ships that can one-shot-kill a BORG sphere. I know of one player that was in The Cure Found and he/she was taking pot shots at a cube with all its transformers operational. Each shot dropped the cube's SI by 20%, but would go back up because of the transformers. 5 shots would have destroyed that cube!

Ok, enough... :)

Dif tor eh smusma (Live long and prosper)

ADM Siran
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    the state of the game is that its full of over sensitive players.

oversensitive players that ***** about wanting more power, which breaks the content, then ***** when the content is fixed to account for that power.

lets not forget ******** about lack of new content or reused content after the devs have had to devide their time to fixing the old content to deal with power creep.
    Its only human to have a difference of opinion.

Why do you hate people who think differently?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Its only human to have a difference of opinion.

Why do you hate people who think differently?
    I agree with skollulfr.

To borrow your own words... Why do you hate people who think differently?

You're bashing his opinion in the name of promoting different points of view.

Illogical much?

Anyways, the old STFs were balanced for the way the game was prior to the trait revamp. The devs rebalanced Advanced to have something like the difficulty that the old Elites had back then. BUT that assumes it's a level 60 player playing it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with skollulfr.

I don't.

I just like to question people.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,875 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sad thing that Cryptic management has taken a wait and see approach. From looking at these postings...looks like lots of players have dropped off already or given up. From listening to zone chat feeling is the same...just so sad to see a bunch of players quitting this game due to Cryptic's extreme conservative approach on XP leveling.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with skollulfr.

Illogical much?

Anyways, the old STFs were balanced for the way the game was prior to the trait revamp. The devs rebalanced Advanced to have something like the difficulty that the old Elites had back then. BUT that assumes it's a level 60 player playing it.

No matter how much you polish a TRIBBLE, it's still a TRIBBLE:rolleyes:...and at this point it should be placed in a bag, put in front of PWEs HQ, lit on fire, ring the doorbell and run:D
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with everything you said..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I agree with skollulfr.

Illogical much?

To be fair venkou didn't cuss skollulfr out. We can all have our own opinions here. Some people are fine with the current state of the game and that's ok. The majority of the community seems upset and they have that right as well, lets all be courteous to one another.

• Options
    darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What do you really say about this that has not been said millions of times before. Every time something new comes out for this game the Nerf bat is smashed right smack in the middle of it to the point of causing good players to say "look I have had enough I am done" This alone should show the Dev's that if lifers and others are pretty much leaving there is something wrong. But the logic they show is to make the game harder to level, to craft, to do STF, to do any thing in game with out spending a fair amount of money. If you are 50 and I still have a toon or 2 that is, leveling is now a total chore. Its not fun you spend as long as you can on the game given work,school, family, and so on and if you reach a level in a few days or so given what normal players have to do in life its astounding. Dilith is becoming mythical to get all but for the weekend we just had.

The game is in a down fall not because people don't love it or no one wants to play it. Its the simple greed of PW/Cryptic. Yes they have a right to make money and get profit for their work. They do not how ever have a right to stick it to us every chance they get. We do not even get a product from them that is finished, tested and bug free. Yes their will be issues with code that no one can forsee but to put things out that compound issues over and over again makes no since. Not to mention the lack or total inability to blance the game between time/reward. Hold back a release a few weeks trust me if it had less bugs in it we would not mind a bit. In fact alot of us would encourage the Dev's to do so. Pretty much every thing that has been done of late only helps PW/Cryptic with their bottem line (See PW profit outlook 2014) with no thought of the players or how they feel. The time spent in game does not justify the rewards that are now given.

So I would have to say the games in trouble. Yes their are still alot of players but I don't know how many people I know on here said they would not spend another dime on STO unless something changed. If enough people do that then maybe things will change for the better. But then again who knows.

I would like to thank the OP for making a great Vid and I agree with him on most accounts. Good Job Man.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    As if there weren't enough angry threads out there on the forums, how about one more? Perhaps one that displays a more human element(in a video) to how people are feeling right now about their game. And I say their game because I think a lot of people feel this game has meaning to them, whether they play because of a deep love for Star Trek and/or they have just been here from the beginning and/or they have invested a lot of money into this IP MMO.

I know some of you are perfectly content with the current state of the game and that's ok, this video might not be for you then. I didn't make this video to try and upset anyone but to hopefully capture the mood of the community and put a human element to the player base that has supported this game. I hope that Cryptic realizes there is a problem in the game and that Delta Rising was not a successful launch. Please stop denying this, my father used to do the same thing with my mom when it came to smoking. He would tell her, "I'm not smoking" with a lit cigarette behind his back, well he's dead now. People wouldn't be yelling on the forum if they didn't care, they would simply walk away, as I'm sure some have already.

Simply denying the truth won't solve anything. People want to see this game be successful but they won't wait forever. I hope that developers and other key people at Cryptic watch this video and have a positive takeaway from this video and make the appropriate changes needed in game. For the players I hope this video finds them well and truly expresses accurately the way they feel about Their Game. Please let me know if I got it right. Thanks for watching.

when something has bored me enough i literally switch my brain to a sort of standby mode and operate on subconscious actions for hours at a time, ive learned how to do it over time, works wonders when stuck in traffic and hyper annoying situations beyond control.

as for star trek though, i already seperated the game from the series and deal with each on their own terms. for sto ive taken the fence approach, just watching and observing seeing what happens usually without any emotion to any of it, even on these forums.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    darin010 wrote: »
    I would like to thank the OP for making a great Vid and I agree with him on most accounts. Good Job Man.

Your Welcome
    when something has bored me enough i literally switch my brain to a sort of standby mode and operate on subconscious actions for hours at a time, ive learned how to do it over time, works wonders when stuck in traffic and hyper annoying situations beyond control.

as for star trek though, i already seperated the game from the series and deal with each on their own terms. for sto ive taken the fence approach, just watching and observing seeing what happens usually without any emotion to any of it, even on these forums.

This sounds like something the devs of this game have done.

• Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nice video man.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wouldn know...

Only played the story thus far, and lost all energy when I had to spend 2½ hours to find a workaround for the bug in the final mission... With no active public queues, there has been nothing to do since I've finished.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    since LOR the dev have done there hardest to make you buy zen but it has had the opsit effect on me ive stopped buying it.
    This game has gone from fun to a very grindy 2nd job i would spened 80% of my free time playing STO alot of the time just to help people in missions but now i do a couple and log off. Nowadays im more likely to stream a film then to be on STO
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg