Install Arc
Options

Extra Credit: F2P is Broken!

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    No bought the whole pack. Just haven't gotten to all of it yet. Got the 3 Intel Boffs, Intel uniform, the whole works.

Again nice TRIBBLEumption.

so story mission came with that DR pack? you got ships few titles and some boffs that all with tor xpack i get new level increase more story than DR got new planets to go to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the R&D was Cryptic solution to the complaints for short terms players vs long term player.
    I`ts a grain but i have made a lot EC from that and i`me fine whit it for now.:D
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am a paying customer too. nice try. hell even bought the expansion pack. Currently enjoying the Phantom, both KDF ships and Both Rom ships so far.

Nice TRIBBLEumption

Uhh, you are witty. Sadly your TRIBBLEumption is bigger than mine and twice as ugly.

Excellent that's $150 or 10 months of subscription for AAA title like WoW or SWTOR.

There is one born every minute and yet you dare compalin about other game's subscription.

Guess what Pooky, SWTOR is owned by Disney which is far superior company to your Asian grinder.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    For the R&D was Cryptic solution to the complaints for short terms players vs long term player.
    I`ts a grain but i have made a lot EC from that and i`me fine whit it for now.:D

just think they could have added all that new shiny gear to the old system :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    just think they could have added all that new shiny gear to the old system :rolleyes:

I really despise that system. It could have been neat like upgrade an Mk ii weapon but keep the looks so that I don't feel like my char rolls around the galaxy ready to blast aliens away with super soakers. But no, it doesn't do that. It just adds stats. How boring.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gonna call my f2p advanced obelisk "i am content" now. haha.

seriously though, guy knows what he talks about.
    f2p works if done right.

love that im a player of two games he uses as examples for good f2p,
    team fortress 2 and path of exile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    teknesia wrote: »
    I really despise that system. It could have been neat like upgrade an Mk ii weapon but keep the looks so that I don't feel like my char rolls around the galaxy ready to blast aliens away with super soakers. But no, it doesn't do that. It just adds stats. How boring.

also with the old system new what you was paying for and not like now playing the lottery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uhh, you are witty. Sadly your TRIBBLEumption is bigger than mine and twice as ugly.

Excellent that's $150 or 10 months of subscription for AAA title like WoW or SWTOR.

There is one born every minute and yet you dare compalin about other game's subscription.

Guess what Pooky, SWTOR is owned by Disney which is far superior company to your Asian grinder.

SWTOR is owned by Disney? HAHAHAHA! It's owned by EA. IIRC EA is not owned by Disney. And you say I know nothing. Pfft!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    also with the old system new what you was paying for and not like now playing the lottery

Yeah. It just shows that they only understand a minority of their customers and not the larger community. Something dynamic would encourage me to play and open up my wallet anyway. Something like this just makes me regret installing the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    If chose to drop $ yes but here you can grain for thews items :)
    In SWTOR i have finish the camping and uninstall it. There about to released the final DLC and R.I.P. for them.

Yeeeah, about that... You know it's Disney now and that means that it will go down under roughly sometimes when WoW dies.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    SWTOR is owned by Disney? HAHAHAHA! It's owned by EA. IIRC EA is not owned by Disney. And you say I know nothing. Pfft!

No, you just have a big hairy TRIBBLEumption that you know something.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/6/4306022/ea-disney-star-wars-games-exclusive-rights

So your ST trd is backed by Chinese PWI, SWTOR is backed by Disney, gee let me think who has bigger guns.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, you just have a big hairy TRIBBLEumption that you know something.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/6/4306022/ea-disney-star-wars-games-exclusive-rights

So your ST trd is backed by Chinese PWI, SWTOR is backed by Disney, gee let me think who has bigger guns.

All EA does is pay for liscencing fees from Disney. They don't back JACK. You are deluded now.

And I never said STO is the best. But atleast I don't have to pay for the basics. But I said Wargamming's World of Tanks has an even better F2P model. as does gaijin's War thunder.

Makes SWTOR look like it's operating out of it's depth.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Anyways, as amusing as this was I have to depart, do enjoy your vested interest of $150 in Chinese grinder STO.

PWI luv u long time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    All EA does is pay for liscencing fees from Disney. They don't back JACK. You are deluded now.

And I never said STO is the best. But atleast I don't have to pay for the basics. But I said Wargamming's World of Tanks has an even better F2P model. as does gaijin's War thunder.

Makes SWTOR look like it's operating out of it's depth.

i will take even sto over world of tanks or gaijin's War thunder a game i never even heard of why because i care more for swtor and sto than world of tanks or gaijin's War thunder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i will take even sto over world of tanks or gaijin's War thunder a game i never even heard of why because i care more for swtor and sto than world of tanks or gaijin's War thunder

Agreed. That's why I check in on the forums in case something like LoR happens again and the game becomes interesting.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeeeah, about that... You know it's Disney now and that means that it will go down under roughly sometimes when WoW dies.

Who knows they may change something for the batter.
  • Options
    mithril84922mithril84922 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "And no amount of chest beating by the UBER minority will change that.

Beat on your chest "UBER" minority and enjoy what you demanded for in the long run, no one will be left to hear you!"zeus

If you few players wanted UBER level the DEVs should have made a MK4 difficulty for those few. because what we had before was normal and elites. ok np... now we have normal , advance and elite... here is how the lvls should have went normal stay normal. advanced should be the "Old" elite. THE NEW ELITE SHOUDL be about 25% to 50% harder and then we reach unber insane lvl 75% to 100% harder. that should be enough difficulty "increase for those that wanted something harder. when its less than 1% of the population that wants this were they not called tyrants.

when u play the game *(Devs) turn off the god mode and get on an actual internet connection and try this with mk 12 or mk 13 gear non epic purple quality or a few ultra rares on advance. now I am not saying that I have the most powerful fleet or ship but before deta rising we were having fun on elites.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well if your not into Flying great planes like the P51 mustang or driving a Sherman or Tiger tank, well not up your alley I guess.

I branch out into all things. SWTOR, great story, good voice acting, Agent's story was by far the best, but I feel you should not have to pay for basics like 4-6 ability bars, or color matching your gear or being able to post on a forum without having to pay.

Or you get reduced XP for not subbing or not being able to play specific parts of the game without paying. I find that not worth the value. 120 bucks I spent on STO, I felt my dollars went farther.

Sorry you are not going to convince me that a touted supposed "F2P" where it's more like "F2P, pay to get the basics"

Sorry I'll take my "garbage game" and enjoy what I can out of it. Least in WT or WoT, you put money into that game, it goes WAAAY farther than in SWTOR.

No restrictions on what I can or cannot use. Hell even their premium consumables and ammo is now for standard credits that is gained by playing.

Sorry SWTOR. A+ in story and content. F in business model. STO C in story and content, but solid C in business model. Could it be better? OFCOURSE.

WoT and WT. Different style of game, so their content is different and they don't do story. But A+ in content and solid A in F2P model. Even in the video the OP showed, WG as a good business model. PWE and EA, not so much.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    "And no amount of chest beating by the UBER minority will change that.

Beat on your chest "UBER" minority and enjoy what you demanded for in the long run, no one will be left to hear you!"zeus

If you few players wanted UBER level the DEVs should have made a MK4 difficulty for those few. because what we had before was normal and elites. ok np... now we have normal , advance and elite... here is how the lvls should have went normal stay normal. advanced should be the "Old" elite. THE NEW ELITE SHOUDL be about 25% to 50% harder and then we reach unber insane lvl 75% to 100% harder. that should be enough difficulty "increase for those that wanted something harder. when its less than 1% of the population that wants this were they not called tyrants.

when u play the game *(Devs) turn off the god mode and get on an actual internet connection and try this with mk 12 or mk 13 gear non epic purple quality or a few ultra rares on advance. now I am not saying that I have the most powerful fleet or ship but before deta rising we were having fun on elites.
    I agree on some points they just goth the number of hp on the elite mode wrong.
    On Advance whit Mk14 UR is bad and pugs forget about it. The Ground STF is not so bad but much better that in space.
  • Options
    zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But in this game notice we don't have to pay for ANY of that. Don't even have to pay to make all our stuff look the same color. And somehow you find that not fleecing? Wow.

There is no such thing as FREE game. Someone has to pay. And because of this STO is a hole in horse **** that's filled with endless grind.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I branch out into all things. SWTOR, great story, good voice acting, Agent's story was by far the best, but I feel you should not have to pay for basics like 4-6 ability bars, or color matching your gear or being able to post on a forum without having to pay.

Or you get reduced XP for not subbing or not being able to play specific parts of the game without paying. I find that not worth the value. 120 bucks I spent on STO, I felt my dollars went farther.

and with the XP nerf like it is like swtor f2p model enough to drive you crazy to sub with sto xp gaps enough to drive you crazy to buy XP booster and thats what PWE is hoping for

you want free games...... like asking Bethesda Game Studios to make you a free elder scrolls game and be the same quality as Skyrim not going to happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    and with the XP nerf like it is like swtor f2p model enough to drive you crazy to sub with sto xp gaps enough to drive you crazy to buy XP booster and thats what PWE is hoping for

Well ce la vie. If it happened it happened, I just roll with the punches now. I couldn't stand the whole F2P, Pay to play the damn game SWTOR has.

WoT, F2P, pay for convenience and to save time is all.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Well ce la vie. If it happened it happened, I just roll with the punches now. I couldn't stand the whole F2P, Pay to play the damn game SWTOR has.

WoT, F2P, pay for convenience and to save time is all.

and swtor sub is pay for convenience again this why you manly get rep grind 5 min queued mission with little to no story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly. You can play sto for free and feel like you're missing out or have to grind until the end of time or play swtor and merely have that feeling like with 8 classes, decent PvP and solid end game you may not have time for all of the content.

UM, what SWTOR Are YOU playing. in SWTOR there IS no endgame without paying a lot of money out of pocket, in sto you can get dil to get anything, and even then, it is ENTIRELY possible to play without spending a dime.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    Please watch this if you have not already seen it. This means you Mr. Developer!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U

Watching this will increase your INT score by +2 points.

I think, at this point, they could also stand to watch this one from the same series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    UM, what SWTOR Are YOU playing. in SWTOR there IS no endgame without paying a lot of money out of pocket, in sto you can get dil to get anything, and even then, it is ENTIRELY possible to play without spending a dime.

Yeah but you only pay 15 a month. There aren't xpacs for over a hundred or starships 25+
  • Options
    edited October 2014

funny i can sub and get end game why because i sub thus removed the credit cap sto becomes a job grind them dill gears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah but you only pay 15 a month. There aren't xpacs for over a hundred or starships 25+

Starships that are not needed, where as the sub (or the good 50-100 bucks) ARE needed n SWTOR to do anything at all past the story mode. Yo literally cannot even get to max level or play the entire story mode anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Starships that are not needed, where as the sub (or the good 50-100 bucks) ARE needed n SWTOR to do anything at all past the story mode. Yo literally cannot even get to max level or play the entire story mode anymore.

ZING! Right here. STO, you can do everything Endgame for...FREE! Sure you need to buy ships, and stuff but don't have to pay just to get into end game stuff, or do PvP.

Just like WoT. Endgame getting to tier 10, do it without dropping a dime. And it doesn't cost anything.

Play SWTOR to play end game = has to spend $$$$. And you call that a better f2p model? HAH!
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    ZING! Right here. STO, you can do everything Endgame for...FREE! Sure you need to buy ships, and stuff but don't have to pay just to get into end game stuff, or do PvP.

Just like WoT. Endgame getting to tier 10, do it without dropping a dime. And it doesn't cost anything.

Play SWTOR to play end game = has to spend $$$$. And you call that a better f2p model? HAH!

zing if you want sto to become a second job you not going to tell me with dill nerf across the board the refinement daily cap you going to have everything upgraded in 6 months it didnt even take me that long to gear up in raid gear in wow or get to level 50 in swtor again i would sub to sto to remove all dill across the board

and plz wot is not a AAA IP or ST or SW so really dont care anything about that game or its endgame that is a pure PVP game sto and swtor are not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead