test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO] The Wizards of STO Present: Infected Space Advanced - [2:06]

ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
Good evening Captains,

DPS 50k and DPS-Prime presenting some spells being cast upon Infected Space Advanced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRuHD9bXlA

To give some insight into the DPS perspective of things the sorcery commences for 2 minutes and 6 seconds until the Advanced Package is being relinquished. Beware, it may exceed speedlimits and be around 17 times faster than you'd expect.

best regards
RyanSTO
Post edited by ezriryan on

Comments

• Options
    clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow only 5 Scimi's??

I surely thought you needed T6 ships to put out this much damage. :D

Thats it I want a refund.....
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    The Scimitar is too good to be true. It's 17x faster than anywhere else in the game.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    First Battle of Korfez Normal, now this. Wow. What is it with normal queues giving out higher rewards?
    clooney002 wrote: »
    Wow only 5 Scimi's??

I surely thought you needed T6 ships to put out this much damage. :D

Thats it I want a refund.....

Top two ships with Delta Rising:

1. T5U Scimitar
    2. T5 Scimitar
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    50k+ DPS?! Exploit!

JK

Very impressive. I'm 30k+ only in my scimi; have lots of work to do. :(
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very impressive indeed, thanks for sharing. Was wondering which combat log parser u r using, i'm currently using CombatLogReader. Reason i was asking is the little window in the left hand corner showing dmg/dps. Unless there is something in the setup of the one i'm using that i am missing that would do that. Thanks in advance if you could let me know about this.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very impressive indeed, thanks for sharing. Was wondering which combat log parser u r using, i'm currently using CombatLogReader. Reason i was asking is the little window in the left hand corner showing dmg/dps. Unless there is something in the setup of the one i'm using that i am missing that would do that. Thanks in advance if you could let me know about this.

Use the "Mini" button from the Combatlog reader (bottom left corner). Then resize and hide frame.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

at the bottom left corner of CLR there is a button "Mini". click it.
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's true. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't just give the scimitar a commander intel station while they were at it.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    Use the "Mini" button from the Combatlog reader (bottom left corner). Then resize and hide frame.
    at the bottom left corner of CLR there is a button "Mini". click it.

Cool never knew what that did, thank you.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Point being....?
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    ezriryan wrote: »
    Good evening Captains,

DPS 50k and DPS-Prime presenting some spells being cast upon Infected Space Advanced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRuHD9bXlA

To give some insight into the DPS perspective of things the sorcery commences for 2 minutes and 6 seconds until the Advanced Package is being relinquished. Beware, it may exceed speedlimits and be around 17 times faster than you'd expect.

best regards
    RyanSTO

Can you share your build with us?
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    Can you share your build with us?

Here is mine. . .. but it is only 14x faster. Still have to upgrade my weapons before its 17x faster.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=therakez_2843
  • Options
    alfiedonoalfiedono Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Where are the acetons? Don't tell me you forgot the acetons?

Pity...you would have been 20x faster using them!
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Putting out this kinda DPS, where is the elite runs? ISE?

Kinda figured thats what Elite was for the best of the best.

haven't tried Elite, but surely you guys can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    See Devs? No matter how hard you try, the DPS people will beat you.

Meanwhile you wreck the game for the common player.

Stop trying to pwn the DPS people with high HP NPCs, cause I guarantee they will win every time.

That is all.
  • Options
    jb9kjb9k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Point being....?

See Below.
    opo98 wrote: »

Stop trying to pwn the DPS people with high HP NPCs, cause I guarantee they will win every time.

That is all.
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really?
    Devs can easy cap dps... diminishing returns on weapons, tac consols and crth\crtd. So 10-12k dps will be maximum (at all elite 14 gear)
    And they should really do this, to balance players. (3-4k average player and 10-12k top dps'er)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Really?
    Devs can easy cap dps... diminishing returns on weapons, tac consols and crth\crtd. So 10-12k dps will be maximum (at all elite 14 gear)
    And they should really do this, to balance players. (3-4k average player and 10-12k top dps'er)

except now your average player will drop from 3k to less than 1k.
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That is all.

Or they could try to balance the game. It may never be perfect but they could at least TRY.
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    except now your average player will drop from 3k to less than 1k.

Its not so hard to make "diminishing returns" only for 3k+++ dps. Adding more HP to NPC will not work until DEVs balance dps, so they should seriously look at this problem.
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not so hard to make "diminishing returns" only for 3k+++ dps. Adding more HP to NPC will not work until DEVs balance dps, so they should seriously look at this problem.

Diminishing returns helps but they also need to look at captian powers. APA is stupid OP compared to anything sci or eng have. I understand the need for tacs to have top dps, but they are just too far ahead in a game without roles.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys you do realise that capping DPS is just a stop gap again, the NPC's as well as multiple other elements need a fix before capping DPS. Hull Sponges don't make any difference to the DPS crew with Mk14 UR or higher.

The problem isn't the DPS crew it's the fact the Dev team can't seem to comprehend that the players know the game better than they do. Hence the arrogant overreaction to the people actually congregating and having fun despite a bug in the lvls of the enemies being present.

Something that the apologists seem to forget is that the majority were actually enjoying the teaming up to work together. Something that literally died a death with the lockdown and rollback.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really?

They should , but they won't .
    How can they sell the next uber-stats console on the Lobi store or Lockbox ship if they cap / chain themselves .
    Their halfassed solution to what they can't do was to make the content harder to play in DR .
    We all know how well that worked out.

Back when they were selling sub's and ship skins /layouts , this was possible .
    Now they are selling powers, and you can't make those relevant or attractive if you chain yourself to such outdated notions as fairness and equality .

... oh , and trolling the Devs with these vids won't get you that "special relationship" you seek with the Devs , but they do end up portraying you as the 14 y/old min-maxers that Geko sneered at . Congrats for hitting a new low ... by entering a realm where the stupid calls you stupid ...
  • Options
    jb9kjb9k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Oh , and trolling the Devs with these vids won't get you that "special relationship" you seek with the Devs , but they do end up portraying you as the 14 y/old min-maxers that Geko sneered at . Congrats for hitting a new low ... by entering a realm where the stupid calls you stupid ...

Given how poorly the devs have managed this game being sneered at by them is a compliment.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Scimitar is too good to be true. It's 17x faster than anywhere else in the game.

Ha ha that was quote worthy! :D
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is why us non DPSers got the 'balance' we did in DR.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Awesome. Totally a 17x exploit!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations on that one! Looks like fun & thx for sharing as well as your builds in thread . :)

Did it feel like a challenge for you guys at all?

If not it would be fun to see that whatever cryptic hoped to achieve with revamp of the borg stf they have failed on basically all fronts.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    This is why us non DPSers got the 'balance' we did in DR.
    :rolleyes:

Apparently it was not enough ... , as this troll vid is just a spit in the face of the Devs tempting them to do some more "adjustments' of the wrong kind .

Or ... there might be some bizarre reverse psychology at work here by the DPS Queen-Wizard-Legends , tempting the weak willed to join their numbers parade . :cool:

jb9k wrote: »
    Given how poorly the devs have managed this game being sneered at by them is a compliment.

There is a lot of sneering going on lately (guilty of it myself) , but many of us have different perspectives to our dislikes .

I sneer at them because I see them cater / fix everything with DPS .

The DPS crowd sneer because by their take , the Devs bongeled even that "fix" .

^^^ Two very different perspectives .

I can only guess that the Devs had hoped to sell the playerbase many shines down the road that would have powers that equalize the HP gap that they created .

Problem is , "down the road" seems to be not good enough for the non-DPS crowd , and irrelevant to the DPS crowd , as they are already above the average player in terms of DPS by at least one magnitude .