test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone is overreacting leveling in DR is fine right now

marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
With all the game is dying doom and gloom threads people might think STO is unplayable right now, but that is far from the truth, I am having no problems leveling.

I just leveled a character after this patch with no problems at all, I don't see a problem with the pace of leveling, it is ok now. I don't expect to max specialization today or in the next few days and neither should anyone else, it will take a week or more probably.

Yeah I didn't lose any xp or specialization with the nerf, but I didn't power grind to max everything immediately after DR launched either. Just casually leveled to 60 recently and the game is working fine for me. The new leveling pace is just fine, DR has a few other issues but nothing as major as what people make it seem to be, give it another try before giving up.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Post edited by marc8219 on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You need to look deep inside you and find something to rage about.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    redoing the same mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over is the problem and take forever just to down the enemy for very little rewards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know how it is currently... but before you couldn't level from 50-60 without having to grind patrols or STFs at several points... that's what was wrong with Leveling.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm always entertained that the same people who are complaining about having to rerun a patrol over and over are the same people that run ISE over and over.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • artificial86artificial86 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You didn't have to do any grinding if you played the DR story content on Elite.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic broke my mentor, they will pay:mad:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2014
    quintaris wrote: »
    I'm always entertained that the same people who are complaining about having to rerun a patrol over and over are the same people that run ISE over and over.

what is ISE? that right their should tell you how much ive ran it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    You should have been a kdf when the game was released.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a few weeks from now the same ppl complaining about the leveling will be the ones complaining how there is nothing to do and that there was "so little new content" once even the slowest players hit 60 and do all the story missions :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    a few weeks from now the same ppl complaining about the leveling will be the ones complaining how there is nothing to do and that there was "so little new content" once even the slowest players hit 60 and do all the story missions :rolleyes:

Rage about both sides of the issue if you can't make your mind about which side is better.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you guys out of your minds, or do you enjoy being punished?

This levelling is a horror that is even worse than WOW. Its either sad or funny, or maybe both.

But yeah, go whiteknight to the extreme, the ques are still dead.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

This levelling is a horror that is even worse than WOW. Its either sad or funny, or maybe both.

in wow i can level fasting by doing quest just got to know what ones to do and drop but if i want a long bring grind i can level through battlegrounds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hove no problem lvling nor do i have a problem with the story or the t5u now that ive had a chance to go at it.

My only problem is the so called advanced stf, its not advanced its more like elite and it needs fixing.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You didn't have to do any grinding if you played the DR story content on Elite.

That's cool if you want to stay at 60...However, if you want to specialize you need to level up to about something comparable to level 120. DR stories won't cover that much unless Cryptic comes with a better way to balance out end game leveling. As of now will take you over a year to do so and perhaps even more if you are a casual player.

In the past you used to level up to 50 in about 2-3 weeks with no sweat and NO EXPLOITS.

The game is broken :eek:
    DUwNP.gif

edited October 2014

I don't think the word "horror" is what you think it means.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

No, I casually leveled to 55 before the patch and 55-60 after, it wasn't slow at all, I haven't done any specialization after 60 yet but I don't plan on having it maxed immediately, that will take a month or so at a casual pace I expect. Don't spend the whole day grinding, just spend an hour at the most. If you are playing longer use the rest of the time to do other stuff, doffing, STFs, Delta rep, farming dilithium, dailies, you get xp from all that stuff too and it doesn't feel like grinding because you do it for other rewards.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited October 2014
    That's cool if you want to stay at 60...However, if you want to specialize you need to level up to about something comparable to level 120. DR stories won't cover that much unless Cryptic comes with a better way to balance out end game leveling. As of now will take you over a year to do so and perhaps even more if you are a casual player.

In the past you used to level up to 50 in about 2-3 weeks with no sweat and NO EXPLOITS.

The game is broken :eek:

I really don't know what you are talking about.
    I am 60. I am just playing. Not grinding.
    And you don't need the specialization points.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chalpen wrote: »

Level 59 here with 5 story missions left in DR.

All my alts are 54 and 55 and have not started Delta yet

Getting to level 60 in less than 3 weeks - the horror - the horror.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Guess you probably don't know :D

Im at 60 too and NOT planning to NOT specialize like you do. To each it's own but why stay at 60 and not specialize its your choice. MOST players will specialize......and YES you need more XP to go up in the specialization tree...

Instead of replying to this forum and getting butt hurt...why dont you test it and PLAY the game...guess you DONT know what your talking about either :D

and pls STOP throlling

and to prove...please read something before replying to forums and stop acting like a KNOW IT ALL:

Captain Specializations
    After reaching level 60, captains will continue to gain Captain Specialization Points.
    Each time the bar is filled, 1 point will be earned.
    Captains may earn up to 50 additional points in order to obtain all the available Captain Specialization abilities.

For more details please view the Captain Specializations blog post here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7007273-captain-specializations
    DUwNP.gif

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I've switched gears.

My primary toon I ran the gauntlet on Elite with little to no grinding involved with 1 ship (huge mistake and a missed opportunity on 3 ship masteries).

Oddly enough I have absolutely no desire to do the DR content again.

Every other toon I'm doing slowly, primarily to maximize the ship masteries. They haven't even started DR. Some likely will never do DR, focusing on doffing exclusively while i slowly finish R&D. Most are already 54+.
    edited October 2014
    Guess you probably don't know :D

Im at 60 too and NOT planning to NOT specialize like you do. To each it's own but why stay at 60 and not specialize its your choice. MOST players will specialize......and YES you need more XP to go up in the specialization tree...

Instead of replying to this forum and getting butt hurt...why dont you test it and PLAY the game...guess you DONT know what your talking about either :D

and pls STOP throlling

if he wasn't playing the game how did he get to 60? :confused:
    edited October 2014
    Getting to level 60 in less than 3 weeks - the horror - the horror.

yes the horror of them not putting out enough content to make every level the horror!!!! not everyone loves tedious repetitive grinds with little rewards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You should have been a kdf when the game was released.

I remember this I leveled 2 klingons (still they are my favourite characters) we had no content and no mobs we had 2 pvp q's (it was a bit repetitive but I levelled 2 up that way haha).
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    yes the horror of them not putting out enough content to make every level the horror!!!!

yes, heaven forbid players go and independently do other stuff not in the main story

how dare they no longer let us level up once per story mission
    edited October 2014
    yes, heaven forbid players go and independently do other stuff not in the main story

how dare they no longer let us level up once per story mission

oh put in more content :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My god, you can't hit lvl 60 instantly, achieve the power of the glow and kick the TRIBBLE out of the Shogun of Harlem with a flick of the wrist.

I mean it actually takes....TIME!

Game broken, please fix /sarcasm
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited October 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Nothing is ever good enough for Daan, one of the most popular posters in the Star Trek Online official forums.

nah you got more of a reputation ingame and on these good forums than i ever will ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I patrolled my way to another illicit spec point this morning. Only 12 patrols per point!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    With all the game is dying doom and gloom threads people might think STO is unplayable right now, but that is far from the truth, I am having no problems leveling.

I just leveled a character after this patch with no problems at all, I don't see a problem with the pace of leveling, it is ok now. I don't expect to max specialization today or in the next few days and neither should anyone else, it will take a week or more probably.

Yeah I didn't lose any xp or specialization with the nerf, but I didn't power grind to max everything immediately after DR launched either. Just casually leveled to 60 recently and the game is working fine for me. The new leveling pace is just fine, DR has a few other issues but nothing as major as what people make it seem to be, give it another try before giving up.

I have a sandwich, so you can't be starving.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    My god, you can't hit lvl 60 instantly, achieve the power of the glow and kick the TRIBBLE out of the Shogun of Harlem with a flick of the wrist.

I mean it actually takes....TIME!

Game broken, please fix /sarcasm

Well......why else would you play?

Besides, as has been pointed out elsewhere, we aren't even getting stronger anymore, just trying to get back to where we were two weeks ago (or at least close to it). If you play just one or two missions a night, maybe 4k xp per on average, thats what a hundred runs per alt? And you're going to be repeating how many missions to do so? Thats excessive and up there with the crafting grind.

Lets bring it back up to say a level per real mission or set of patrols (with a cooldown timer), about a level where a casual does a say 3 levels per evening (or one level for each of the three free toons) and a grinder running a 10-hour marathon can go from 50 to 60 in a day. As-is right now though, its just so slow and so repetitive as to be not worth bothering.

And just wait till the next set of Specializations come out and we're expected to do so all over again.