test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Ep: Why So Silent..don't Loose More Business

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
Noticed...addressing to the EP (Executive Producer-Mr D'Angelo) not DEVS since dont think their call.

Are you actually going to put up with loosing more players before addressing what the SOLUTION will be for the fiasco of the 10/23 patch?

Thanks for the Friday letter but it's a mere apology and some reasoning why the decision made about the great nerfing of 2014. But what is the SOLUTION? Are you just leaving XP leveling "as is"? or rectifying to normal level gains as it used to be on 10/22?
I do not mind at all punishing the exploiters but WHY was the action taken across ALL players.

Please rectify with a policy that is logic before you loose more of your player base left. I know every season and expansion brings a number of people who want to leave for any number of reasons. This is a bit different since affects EVERYONE.

I remembered Dsthal addressing the community with the big outcry of the STF rewarding system going from random to a reputation system. He took weeks to answer the community. I applaud that you took less than 48 hrs to address the forums. However, there was a solution in the past to that community outcry. As of now most are hoping there will be a FIX to this on Thursday's patch.

Either please be explicit if this is the new norm or if there is a plan in the works to restore some of the Skill point leveling from the past. This is no fun anymore and has becoming more of a grinding fest everywhere.

I wish STO and Cryptic will do what is best not only for their own business plan but also to be attentive to the community's input. I'm only speaking for myself and nobody else but zone chat as well as the forums seem to be talking about the same Nerfing issues that wont go away. I would hate to see this awesome game to suffer more than it has been so far.

Awaiting a response which I think most players are also sharing the same feeling.

Thanks!

-Concerned Lifetime player
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    He doesn't care what we think. If he did, he wouldn't have made DR the way it is. They knew exactly what they were doing. This expansion was made specifically to milk whales.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    He doesn't care what we think. If he did, he wouldn't have made DR the way it is. They knew exactly what they were doing. This expansion was made specifically to milk whales.

if this is true...why do you still play?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No He is quite correct. they knew what they were doing. Bort said they upped xp for dr to compensate for newer systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkogRGm6fTE#t=103
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    No He is quite correct. they knew what they were doing. Bort said they upped xp for dr to compensate for newer systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkogRGm6fTE#t=103

Of course they knew what they were doing, this has been in production for how long?

I would say it works as intended.
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has the doomometer dropped a little?

Having in mind how much you complained not too long ago it's kind of funny reading this.
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If it was my choice i would start erasing and baning all those"iquitz" and 'you ruined game" threads, few simple feedback threads on Xp\difficulty\nerfs would be enough. But no, everyone want to show how special they are, that they speak for somekind "majority" of players, and by reading all those posts i realiseed that "majority" are people with no skill, gear, time to play a game. Nice "majority", glad i am not a part of it.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Noticed...addressing to the EP (Executive Producer-Mr D'Angelo) not DEVS since dont think their call.

Are you actually going to put up with loosing more players before addressing what the SOLUTION will be for the fiasco of the 10/23 patch?

Thanks for the Friday letter but it's a mere apology and some reasoning why the decision made about the great nerfing of 2014. But what is the SOLUTION? Are you just leaving XP leveling "as is"? or rectifying to normal level gains as it used to be on 10/22?
    I do not mind at all punishing the exploiters but WHY was the action taken across ALL players.

Please rectify with a policy that is logic before you loose more of your player base left. I know every season and expansion brings a number of people who want to leave for any number of reasons. This is a bit different since affects EVERYONE.

I remembered Dsthal addressing the community with the big outcry of the STF rewarding system going from random to a reputation system. He took weeks to answer the community. I applaud that you took less than 48 hrs to address the forums. However, there was a solution in the past to that community outcry. As of now most are hoping there will be a FIX to this on Thursday's patch.

Either please be explicit if this is the new norm or if there is a plan in the works to restore some of the Skill point leveling from the past. This is no fun anymore and has becoming more of a grinding fest everywhere.

I wish STO and Cryptic will do what is best not only for their own business plan but also to be attentive to the community's input. I'm only speaking for myself and nobody else but zone chat as well as the forums seem to be talking about the same Nerfing issues that wont go away. I would hate to see this awesome game to suffer more than it has been so far.

Awaiting a response which I think most players are also sharing the same feeling.

Thanks!

-Concerned Lifetime player

I was not punished, nor has anyone in my fleet mentioned it. please ask ALL players before assuming that ALL of us are effected. Thank you.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish STO and Cryptic will do what is best not only for their own business plan but also to be attentive to the community's input.

Ah yes, the community's input. Let me summarize the last two weeks of community input. There was whining, and then more whining, and don't forget about the whining between the whinings. Whining about Tau Dewa, whining about patrols, whining about T5-U ships, level progression, even whining about FREE lobi. No wonder Devs don't bother to visit the forums anymore.

And why would you think that? Do you think that what was posted on the forums in the last two weeks actually reflects what "everybody" or even a majority is thinking? If so, think again.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why has he been radio silent again?

Well, I can think of two good reasons:

a) He's busy Executive-Producing the game, working on things like the upcoming Winter Event.

b) Last time he broke radio silence, he explained exactly what had been going on - and on that same response page he was called a liar. Why bother communicating with a forum population that isn't going to believe anything you say anyway?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Might as well place this here, as I've been wanting to post it for awhile. Seems like it matches up nicely with the OP's viewpoint.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_the-7-commandments-all-video-games-should-obey.html
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Why has he been radio silent again?

Well, I can think of two good reasons:

a) He's busy Executive-Producing the game, working on things like the upcoming Winter Event.

b) Last time he broke radio silence, he explained exactly what had been going on - and on that same response page he was called a liar. Why bother communicating with a forum population that isn't going to believe anything you say anyway?

One could also ask, why lie to a forum population, if you are going to communicate?
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    One could also ask, why lie to a forum population, if you are going to communicate?
    There was no data to indicate that he was anything other than completely honest. Would it have been better if he'd provided a list of the 250-300 people they believed had been using an exploit? Is naming-and-shaming the way to go?

No, some folks would flat-out refuse to believe D'Angelo if he told them Earth orbits the Sun. Trying to talk to people like that is completely pointless. As the old saying has it, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Yes for the Love of Star trek CBS Plz remove the IP
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The reason why people dont believe him is because what he says didn't add up. Haveing the elite xp mod at 5 instead of 2 which is 2.5x greater does not equal 17x leveling faster. The skill points were intentionally raised in advance.

Most players haven't even earned skill points in a couple of years as it all goes to expertise. The leveling to 50 is so fast is is hard to really say a player should know that they were exploiting. A person can get up to 50 in a couple of days. Getting past 60 in a couple is not unreasonable.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think that he was honest about the exploit but waited way too late to communicate it, and dealt with it by basically burning the entire field to pull up one dandelion.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014

P.S. Please don't quote posts that break forum rules.

LOL, oh, I needed the laugh!

Oh, sure, like that'll happen. You realize that, even if you give it to another company "with ETHICS" the same exact **** will just happens. I don't care if the entire player base started a Kickstarter to buy it out from under Cryptic and keep it running, things like this would still happen, so seriously, get that out of your head.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The juice is loose

Their head on a noose

The goose is cooked

Quoted for truth~
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The reason why people dont believe him is because what he says didn't add up. Haveing the elite xp mod at 5 instead of 2 which is 2.5x greater does not equal 17x leveling faster. The skill points were intentionally raised in advance.

Most players haven't even earned skill points in a couple of years as it all goes to expertise. The leveling to 50 is so fast is is hard to really say a player should know that they were exploiting. A person can get up to 50 in a couple of days. Getting past 60 in a couple is not unreasonable.

It was not running on Elite that gave 17x the normal rate. It was that and a few other things like running in a team and matching your level to another player that gave the 17x the normal rate. If you drop your level down to level 54 and are fighting level 60 npcs, then your XP gains will be much higher than if you are fighting level 60 npcs at level 60.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    It was not running on Elite that gave 17x the normal rate. It was that and a few other things like running in a team and matching your level to another player that gave the 17x the normal rate. If you drop your level down to level 54 and are fighting level 60 npcs, then your XP gains will be much higher than if you are fighting level 60 npcs at level 60.

Ok but they were talking about tau dewa. the npcs were level 50 no matter what. I can match level to 54 all day and I would still be shooting level 50 ships. Teaming just brought out larger mobs.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Ah yes, the community's input. Let me summarize the last two weeks of community input. There was whining, and then more whining, and don't forget about the whining between the whinings. Whining about Tau Dewa, whining about patrols, whining about T5-U ships, level progression, even whining about FREE lobi. No wonder Devs don't bother to visit the forums anymore.

And there was also ACTUAL valuable feedback by many of the Testers on Tribble, PRIOR to DR's launch (that Al Rivera and the STO Dev team chose to ignore). had they not done that some of teh later whining might have been avoided.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is what I come for the forums for, it's about time people
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014

1. Cryptic (the dev house) is a US company. PWE, Cryptic's current owner / massive investor, is not.

2. The matter of ethics. What ethics are you attempting to impose, a "player friendly" set or a "business friendly" one? So far, I see Cryptic operating squarely in the realms of "very business friendly" ethics - in that they are not doing anything illegal - but they're definitely putting the business's needs above the players (otherwise why remove all sorts of "already gained XP that 'looks' like it might have been earned in an 'exploitive' manner")

And for whoever said "we need to go back to the XP rates of 10/22", aka the 5x for elite rate, the patch notes seem to indicate that said rate was "in error" and corrected to the intended 2x. Didn't spend tons of time levelling on tribble, but I do remember they jacked up levelling so the testers could hit 60 and test all that high level content... Perhaps the higher rate was an oversight from the copy-paste job to holodeck...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok but they were talking about tau dewa. the npcs were level 50 no matter what. I can match level to 54 all day and I would still be shooting level 50 ships. Teaming just brought out larger mobs.

Not sure about the specifics, but it was running on elite while on a team and have the levels adjusted in some manner. Running teams while playing Elite Content was not the problem.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Check my post history and you'll know I'm all for some good hyperbole but this is just too much. :eek:
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    they r tryn to sit it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If it was my choice i would start erasing and baning all those"iquitz" and 'you ruined game" threads, few simple feedback threads on Xp\difficulty\nerfs would be enough. But no, everyone want to show how special they are, that they speak for somekind "majority" of players, and by reading all those posts i realiseed that "majority" are people with no skill, gear, time to play a game. Nice "majority", glad i am not a part of it.

100% agree. This forum have very gentle moderators (did they even exist?).
    They need to ban those minority qqers for bs threads. Leave them 1 doom thread, and let them cry and whine there.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    100% agree. This forum have very gentle moderators (did they even exist?).
    They need to ban those minority qqers for bs threads. Leave them 1 doom thread, and let them cry and whine there.

Noooooooo...

We don't want "them" over there... they would ruin all the fun we're having.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif