What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

U.S.S. Vengeance (Into Darkness) in STO

13»

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No STO can't.

The Romulan Mining ship Narada made it'd first appearance the the comic book miniseries Star Trek: Countdown which is owned by CBS, and which is the same reason we have the Red Matter Capacitor. JJtrek can't interfere with their use because they are both in pre-existing trek lore.

By that logic, STO could get the Jellyfish ship since it was in the comic book series and part of the Prime Universe.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zero2362 wrote: »
    We have a ship that looks identical to the Romulan mining ship from JJ Star trek
    starkaos wrote: »
    By that logic, STO could get the Jellyfish ship since it was in the comic book series and part of the Prime Universe.

Yes, that one we could get. Likely to happen anytime soon, or ever? No.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Man I'd have to have ship that looks like Vengeance in-game for my Marcus toon!
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Besides being a necro thread, Cryptic does have the rights to anything in the new movies.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You see, there was this incident ... involving zombies, in a mansion, located on the outskirts of this city ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,420 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Black majeek Necromancy.

Vengence class ain't happening due to contractual stuff.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2015
    I see:( Guess I'll have to continue using Avenger to compensate for time being
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    I see:( Guess I'll have to continue using Avenger to compensate for time being

It was likely made to give us access to something similar, like the c-store version of the connie (Seems somewhat similar to the JJ-prise) and the lock box tal shiar ships (clearly based on Nero's ship).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited April 2015
    Sorry didn't mean to continue an old thread but felt abit intimidated on making new thread on this subject didn't know what reactions would be. So I tried find most newest one to ask around few questions. Didn't know there is any laws on what ships a gaming company can use within a game. But guess there is. Learn something every day I guess:P
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,420 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    WHen in doubt, new thread.

And its not a law, its just contractual stuff, as CBS is the company Cryptic has a contract with. To even touch the AR designs, they would have to talk with Paramount, an entirely different company.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    No

The ship is out of date. Too old and weak to be a T6 ship. They won't let us have a Connie at that level. So no weak Vengeance too.

IF they decided to bring it into the game. It will make a nice T2 ship. Along with the Connie and Miranda.

Technological progression in the reboot alternate reality is different than in the Prime universe.

The reboot Constitution class and U.S.S. Vengeance are far ahead of anything in the Prime universe's 23rd Century (including the movies). And the ships tend to be larger on average, as well.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Technological progression in the reboot alternate reality is different than in the Prime universe.

The reboot Constitution class and U.S.S. Vengeance are far ahead of anything in the Prime universe's 23rd Century (including the movies). And the ships tend to be larger on average, as well.

I'm not sure that's something that's easily measurable. Sure 'The Trek and the Furious' universe is shiny and everyone looks like they work at a flying Apple store for the bridge and transporter room, but I don't think that's an effective barometer of technological progression.

Abram's Enterprise had a beer brewery for a water treatment plant & the warp core. (It's the set he chose to go with.)

That stuff looked way less sophisticated than what was on Star Trek Enterprise. Which is an aesthetic measurement, but I'm pretty sure space-brewery is technological regression. (Okay self-deceiving alcoholics get it out of the way, "But I'd love to travel with a brewery in space hardy-har-har.")

And Abram's Enterprise was supposed to be the same size as the refit Enterprise from TMP until he demanded that enormous shuttle bay scene and didn't realize that things are supposed to fit to scale on Star Trek ships. So instead of scaling back that scene the ship was blown up to 800 meters in length. (Admittedly the Trek this game is based off of wasn't always great about the scale stuff, but generally they tried to stay consistent.)
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thread closed as necro posting isn't allowed.

If you feel further discussion is warranted then open a new thread.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.