2»

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Issue verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If this helps, I completed a successful red alert, and when I zoned back into sector, the red alert was still on the screen. I decided to click on it, and had 4 more groups to kill, but there was no unimatrix ship then. I believe that this was in Alpha Trianguli.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thank you very much.

We appreciate you looking into it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited October 2014

thank you for looking into it. Just happened again in Beta Ursae about 7 minutes ago.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • rebnairebnai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Zeta Andromadae
    Alpha Trianguli

Just done both Red Alerts and the Unimatrix was a no-show on both occasions.
  • gokaired2gokaired2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is this be applied to Unimatrix 0047 8 of 10 or all of the Unimatrixes in general (as 8 is the last one i need to kick the snot out of)?
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just finished one in Bajor Sector 1 and got the Uni. It did not spawn anything however. :(

I have tired more than a dozen RA today on various toons and this is the first where a Uni spawned.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did two last night...

Sirius = success
    Beta Ursae = fail

I am going to file a ticket every time one fails. At least with the similar UIA bug you can still complete the mission and get your rewards. This one, in contrast, is mission-breaking and extremely annoying because no command group means no dilithium and no marks.

The reason I bring up the UIA bug, though, is because I wonder if there could be something similar causing it. That said I have yet to see Undine mobs to attack the Orb even once, whereas once in a blue moon I will see a Borg command group.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • xionstrykexionstryke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think I figured this bug out.

Alot of the time I've been doing this mission, the 0047 ship doesn't appear, but there is a way to tell if it will or won't, right away.

Level Scaling.

On the Character page, it lists the player being scaled down, but in some (many) cases now, its not working.

0047 will NOT appear if: You are level 60, you are not scaled down in level, and the Borg are scaled to level 52.

0047 WILL appear if: You are level 60, you are scaled down to level 44, and the Borg are also scaled to level 44.

In concise:
    1) Enter Borg Red Alert.
    2) Check player page for scaled level
    3) Check Borg for their scaled level
    4) Complete mission
    5) Note the link between Level 44 and successful missions, and lvl 52 and failed ones.

I've never seen two 0047's appear at once, so no idea there, so if anyone sees that happen, check the level you and the Borg are scaling to.
  • arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xionstryke wrote: »
    I think I figured this bug out.

Alot of the time I've been doing this mission, the 0047 ship doesn't appear, but there is a way to tell if it will or won't, right away.

Level Scaling.

On the Character page, it lists the player being scaled down, but in some (many) cases now, its not working.

0047 will NOT appear if: You are level 60, you are not scaled down in level, and the Borg are scaled to level 52.

0047 WILL appear if: You are level 60, you are scaled down to level 44, and the Borg are also scaled to level 44.

In concise:
    1) Enter Borg Red Alert.
    2) Check player page for scaled level
    3) Check Borg for their scaled level
    4) Complete mission
    5) Note the link between Level 44 and successful missions, and lvl 52 and failed ones.

I've never seen two 0047's appear at once, so no idea there, so if anyone sees that happen, check the level you and the Borg are scaling to.

I've never seen two Unimatrix appear either, but have had none appear more than once as well, so I'll be using this to see if it'll work!
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the scaling thing is causing a lot of issues. a lot. Some are meh and dealable, others... not so much
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This bug is very annoying. Please fix this bug or deactivate red alerts. :mad:

If the unimatrix spawn, then without (regeneration) probes. But mostly there is no unimatrix at the end. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, I play Borg Red Alert yesterday in Pi Canis and we had 2 motherships at once... After killing them I switched instance and get to the one without it... So as Deferi say - the balance is regained...
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've noticed the same thing with the level scaling. Inevitably if the cigar doesn't spawn, I'm at level 60 instead of 44.
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Right now in Pi Canis - scaled down to 44 and no Motherships... Unfortunately didn't have time for look on the Borg scale... :o
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well,I did a few today, and all succeeded except one... where I was fighting a Tac Cube when the 4th mob went down. AFAIK the other two we didn't even touch the Tac Cubes.

And I had a fun convo:
    [REDALERT] redacted: for the unimatrix not spawning?

[REDALERT] Drexela@marhawkman: yes

[REDALERT] redacted: VERY good to know, much appreciated

[REDALERT] Drexela@marhawkman: I was trying to kill the tac cube before the fourth group went down, but didn't kill it fast enough

[REDALERT] Drexela@marhawkman: I even got to see a picture of myself fighting the Tac Cube when the B'Ger cutscene played without it

[REDALERT] redacted2: every time ive seen the bug happen its because somone was still fighting a cube when the cutscene hit

[REDALERT] redacted: ...Isn't there more than one tac cube group?

[REDALERT] Drexela@marhawkman: cube in general or tac cube?

[REDALERT] redacted2: then a phantom cube seems to stay and prevents the unimatrix appearing

[REDALERT] redacted2: more often than non tac cubes

[REDALERT] redacted2: but its happend to me when in th emiddle of a regular cube at times

[REDALERT] redacted2: its happend 95% of the time with tac cubes and probably 25% with regular if no one was engaged with tac cubes based on what ive seen

[REDALERT] Drexela@marhawkman: interesting, I'll add that to the bur thread on the forum

[REDALERT] redacted2: hopefully they dont fix the double unimatrix bug if they ever get around to fixing RA's :P

[REDALERT] redacted3: alas I have not seen a double pickle situation in like 2 weeks

[REDALERT] redacted2: only places ive seen it are alpha centauri and onc ein sirius
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Snippity Snip Snip MArk

MY luck has either been...

1 - No Cigars and we all just leave
    2- we Get 2 Cigars, each clones of eachother and we are forced to kill both to gain credit for the one Kill Requirement.