Install Arc
Options

Login Event for Germans only?

124»

Comments

• Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well it's a bit farking rude to not offer it to the other nations involved in the game.

I still think the whole nationalistic concept is for those people with small enough minds to think they can own dirt and then charge people to live on it, but hey that's not the discussion.

Another fail from Cryptic.

Oh and has anyone noticed a lack of updates on the website news since "operation TRIBBLE the players" happened?
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It looks good during board meetings with PWE if they can show how 'active' the game is on a daily basis in every nation. So they'll do anything to get a reasonable nr of people to log in every day from as many nations as possible. Apparently STO isn't as popular in germany as other EU nations, so they felt forced to 'entice' german players to log in more, players to return and get more new players to sigh up.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually Star Trek (and STO) is huge in Germany. Last time someone from Cryptic was at a german convention they couldn't believe their eyes how many people were at the meet&greet and how organized they were (fleet shirts...).

I do think you are right about the whole "padding the numbers" thing - it got people to log in who might otherwise have waited a few weeks until the worst bugs and issues are ironed out.

If I was not currently active that's what I would have done, and the promo might have gotten me to take a look earlier than planned.

If steamcharts.com are to be believed it still failed though.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I received it! I recei....

oh wait, it is an offer to enlarge my ... intellect :o
  • Options
    wudwaenwudwaen Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about that, but It seems very bad form. Promoting Nationalism is the last thing a global company should be doing.

This isn't promoting Nationalism, this is target marketing. These companies understand that there is a corolation between the number of people that log in and the percentage of those people who spend money. It's merely a shame that Deltra Rising is most effective for inspiring people to log out and go find other games to play. People I know that only and exclusively played STO, have sense gone to play other MMOs that are not even relatively in the same genre. Out of the number of people who can get on my TS, only about 3 are continueing to play. One of those - because it takes them two to three weeks to dl a game where they live. Moves like a special event in Japan or Germany are targetted to get cash out of relatively stronger economies where their culture is willing to spend money on virtual entertainment. Some coundtries get less special incentives because they can generally be counted on to spend money at the expense of groceries for virtual entertainment anyway - so special gimicks are not used on U.S. as much. Other countries do not get these things because there is insofficient internet and economy for them to provide cash flow for PWI.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. ~ Cecil Beaton
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So. Uhm...
    Any news on that? Anyone actually received anything or is there an official statement on when we are going to get sum? I still haven't received any of the goodies (was hoping for the patch to bring them), soo...PWE just spamming my mail account with make-belief and false promises or what? :cool:
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello

I`m a german who lives in Germany and plays STO with a good old (german translated) client (no arc, no steam).
    I logged in with all my chars for several times per day, every day, during the event.

Let me conclude shortly ... We got nothing! from the promised items until this time i wrote this reply here.

It`s only fair from cryptic ... either all or nobody

Have still a nice day all STO guys and gals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello

I`m a german who lives in Germany and plays STO with a good old (german translated) client (no arc, no steam).
    I logged in with all my chars for several times per day, every day, during the event.

Let me conclude shortly ... We got nothing! from the promised items until this time i wrote this reply here.

It`s only fair from cryptic ... either all or nobody

Have still a nice day all STO guys and gals.

am Freitag wird alles ausgesendet, also morgen. angeblich muss PWE Europe manuell auswerten..

das war Deutsch. klingt komisch, ist aber so.

ya get all of these..... rewards on friday, and we hope you .... on that ya greedy.... with ya .... eyes.

sis wass englisch
  • Options
    ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The rewards have been given out today at 1700 CET (got a notification via Mail).
    They were claimable in the C-store (under "promotions").

Keys, Lobi, Flelta Dyer ... all there.

Thank you!
  • Options
    templarmerlyntemplarmerlyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A friend told me about the event so I logged in...
    It was annoying to only realize after the event was over and I did not get anything that it was only some countries. Pretty bad that they could not have been a little more specific in their advertising.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ltbazz wrote: »
    The rewards have been given out today at 1700 CET (got a notification via Mail).

Thank you!
    If only there was a way to give the Delta Flyer away... I already have it. Someone like stoliva could certainly make good use of a few Delta Flyers to give away.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ltbazz wrote: »

Thank you!

same here. so long and thx for all the shoes i guess :D...
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I also received the items, including the shuttle I already had, and a mail to warn me that I had received the reward and how to claim them.
    But I'm not complaining, the keys were great, especially with the current price for them.
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Well it's a bit farking rude to not offer it to the other nations involved in the game.

I still think the whole nationalistic concept is for those people with small enough minds to think they can own dirt and then charge people to live on it, but hey that's not the discussion.

Another fail from Cryptic.

Oh and has anyone noticed a lack of updates on the website news since "operation TRIBBLE the players" happened?
    You must be from the USA, because half of the events we have are restricted to USA, with sometimes UK and Canada. Especially those involving real items, they are never for the rest of the world.
    USA players never have to worry if they can do the event or not, it's a granted for them. European, or Asian players always have.
    And to be fair, this event was not announced to everyone, so people that were not concerned never saw it on the main page. While USA only event are for everyone to see. Only to find that you will miss it anyway.

For once, it's the opposite, and while it's a bit sad the rest of the world was not involved, I'm not complaining that for once we were the one able to participate.

So yeah, I understand your concern, but this is a concern the rest of the world have every event involving real items. Not only in STO, mind you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]