test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Event for Germans only?

avengaline1avengaline1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
A German friend was talking about a Login Event, and I told them I hadn't heard of any. They linked me to this news story on the german version of the page, but there's no announcement in English.

Is this for Germans only? Why are English speakers being left out of this?

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010443

Translation reads:

"Good news! We finally get out of the Delta initiative off clearance and can confirm that crews and ships are ready to set course for the Delta Quadrant. To celebrate today's launch of Delta Rising, we offer special rewards for service in the Delta Quadrant.

Between Tuesday, October 14, 2014 by 19 clock CEST and Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by 19 clock CEST active service is logged and a little later special rewards are granted.

When you are logged during the period at least 10 days, you get the exclusive Delta Flyer and all previous rewards!

When you are logged on 6 days, you get 66 Lobi crystals, with which you can buy interesting items in the game. You also get the reward for 3 days.

If you log in during the event at least 3 days, you get three keys that you can convert into epic rewards when you open a Locked box. "
Post edited by avengaline1 on

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A German friend was talking about a Login Event, and I told them I hadn't heard of any. They linked me to this news story on the german version of the page, but there's no announcement in English.

Is this for Germans only? Why are English speakers being left out of this?

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010443

Translation reads:

"Good news! We finally get out of the Delta initiative off clearance and can confirm that crews and ships are ready to set course for the Delta Quadrant. To celebrate today's launch of Delta Rising, we offer special rewards for service in the Delta Quadrant.

Between Tuesday, October 14, 2014 by 19 clock CEST and Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by 19 clock CEST active service is logged and a little later special rewards are granted.

When you are logged during the period at least 10 days, you get the exclusive Delta Flyer and all previous rewards!

When you are logged on 6 days, you get 66 Lobi crystals, with which you can buy interesting items in the game. You also get the reward for 3 days.

If you log in during the event at least 3 days, you get three keys that you can convert into epic rewards when you open a Locked box. "

It's quite common for special events or giveaways to be run for particular countries. Happens all the time in all sorts of places everywhere on the internet.
  • avengaline1avengaline1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about that, but It seems very bad form. Promoting Nationalism is the last thing a global company should be doing.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm...something "exclusive" for "true" Germans?

nothing bad ever happened from THAT!!! :P
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Germans are gonna be OP... Plz Nerf! :P
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *edit*

It'll be a cold day in hell before I let some politician make me ashamed of my country's nation anthem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about that, but It seems very bad form. Promoting Nationalism is the last thing a global company should be doing.

It really has nothing to do with nationalism.... more to do with law. Before a giveaway or sweepstakes is done it has to be vetted through legal to mesh with the law of where the people doing it are. It is for this reason giveaways are usually confined to countries or regions. It's easier to ensure it meets legal requirements when you just have to vet it through one set of laws.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I doubt it, because most players won't be aware that it's (for now) only available to German players.

I sure didn't know it was just German players. I just figured they knew that I was German by some reason (I try to use everything in English) and send me the German version of the e-mail.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • addictartaddictart Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I actually got this today as well, but in French. So it's not only for Germans.
    edited October 2014
    addictart wrote: »
    I actually got this today as well, but in French. So it's not only for Germans.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's basically an EU area giveaway.

I don't take issue with this. If I had a penny every time some internet giveaway was confined to the US and/or UK that left everyone else out, I'd be rich.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is this locked by region or can you log into the DE version of STO for this?
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Germans are gonna be OP... Plz Nerf! :P

lol, thx for your post
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    Deutschland, Deutschland
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you basically ignore all "US & Canada Only" Events and Competitions etc. and going to get upset with this apparent (still no proper Confirmation) EU Only Event?
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited October 2014
    Dreh' dich nicht um,
    Schau, Schau!
    Der Kommissar geht um!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Geez. This game is already (sorry) uber-U.S.-centric.
    Now, another country gets a bone thrown to them. It's fine.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm half german-half french, but since I play the game in english, I had nothing. :( How to earn those reward ? Do I need to put the game in french/german ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's basically an EU area giveaway.

I don't take issue with this. If I had a penny every time some internet giveaway was confined to the US and/or UK that left everyone else out, I'd be rich.

@tekehd in STO? I have played this game for two years and in all that time ive never seen a UK only promotional giveaway...

@Generalpeeps too be honest this should be for every country...its not that hard to set up a excel spread sheet that targets login detections then sends said data (Content) based on those detections. I did that in high school ffs on excel..

and im sorry but these legal hurdles people speak of a next to nothing... if its specific country only then thats clear bias to "who buys more" from which country.. which isnt the fault of the users as they might not be as many in one country as compared to somewhere like germany... by the way you can also easily deal with legal issues due to the fact is Europe... duh.. everything is centeralized practically. so long as you comply with general EU law there is never a problem.

Can I also point out that in german Star Trek in general has a huge fan base so it stands to reason that they would get freebies. for obvious TRIBBLE kissing reasons.

I can barely scrape enough together to buy one ship every 2 months and they get a delta flyer for free?... im disgusted.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I'm half german-half french, but since I play the game in english, I had nothing. :( How to earn those reward ? Do I need to put the game in french/german ?

Now "earning rewards" thats an idea. I wouldnt mind "earning" a delta flyer.

oh wait nevermind its cryptic, lets give away freebies to the people who buy the most because they've got more money than you.
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, if I were to assume this is open to everyone, would you presume that you need to log in to Arc at least once, every day, for 10 days to get the reward.
    (Or log into Arc, and into STO.)

Or that you need to be logged into Arc for 10 days, like I should leave my machine running.

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • gekosuxnutzgekosuxnutz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm half Austrian, where my ****? :P
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can barely scrape enough together to buy one ship every 2 months and they get a delta flyer for free?... im disgusted.

I'm guessing this means you missed the last two giveaway events? Your forum join date is older than mine and I've received over $200 in free ships and costumes.

Well good news is winter is coming with two free ships, possibly a third if they give us a new one.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    ---old part of german national anthem---.

Duuuuude, that line not in use for like 60 years anymore. And also kind of banned in germany; some could react quite touchy to it.
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Back on topic,

Do we have any idea if the offer that has been given out to France and Germany would be opened to all players?

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/sta...detail/7010443

It would be nice to get some kind of official response. ; )

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So do i just have to play the game or do i have to use ARC?
    edited October 2014
    So do i just have to play the game or do i have to use ARC?
    Absolutely no idea. I've read the news in french, since it's my native language (I guess it's the same in german), and they are very vague on the details.
    They don't mention ARC, and they don't say how to qualify for the event.

Did anyone try to raise Cryptic on twitter or something ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So i play every day at least a few miunutes. if that´s enough to get the reward it would be the easiest win since i play STO
    edited October 2014
    Duuuuude, that line not in use for like 60 years anymore. And also kind of banned in germany; some could react quite touchy to it.

Kinda made me LOL...
    T93uSC8.jpg
    edited October 2014
    So i play every day at least a few miunutes. if that´s enough to get the reward it would be the easiest win since i play STO
    I have no idea. As I said, the news is very vague. It seems so, but then, why the news is not available in English ? Is there another (hidden) condition ?

Cryptic is cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm in the U.K, and I would love to see a bone thrown this way if we're throwing bones for countries specifically.
    I'm just putting that out there lol!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".